3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Do you follow it to a T? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/179942-do-you-follow-t.html)

858Smith 08-24-2009 01:01 AM

Do you follow it to a T?

the first time i did WW, i followed it perfectly. 5 servings of veggies, got my oil in, etc. this time around (doing it for 4 weeks now), i haven't. not even close.

i understand the reasoning behind it. i'm just curious if everyone follows it 100% or close to it :)

Cali Doll 08-24-2009 01:27 PM

I do not. I try but I fail with the veggies and oil...and the protein, too, I guess (as I don't always get it every meal).

But, I am eating much better and healthier than I was before. I've lost 40 pounds thus far.

Aclai4067 08-24-2009 02:13 PM

I do not but I'm closer than any of the previous times I've done WW (and having better results too). I do track EVERYTHING, I usually get 2-5 fruit/veggies a day (I used to get that many a week!), I usually get my protein in, I rarely get my oil in, I just recently started getting my milk in, i do better some days than others on liquids, and I usually take a multi-vitamin.

*tip- those ziplock steamer bags help me a lot with the veggies (I hate cooking!)

kiramira 08-24-2009 02:39 PM

Nah! I find that the fewer the points the harder it is to work in their recommendations. After all, 2 servings of dairy would be 4 points, and a tbsp of oil is 3 points. I only have 21 points, so there goes 1/3 of my points!!! On two glasses of milk and a bit of oil...

I stay within my points and balance it out as best I can, but I'm not that super strict. I gotta LIVE, man!!!!

:D

Kira

blackbetty 08-24-2009 05:06 PM

I'm bad about getting in the lean protein and the oil as well. I'm not a vegetarian (though, I used to be), but I've found that eating "smarter" has kept me away from most meat, anyway. I'm good about the veggies, though! I've always been a veggie lover, so that's not much of a change for me.
For those who are finding it hard to get their veggies in... I usually buy about 4 pre-chopped, pre-washed bags of salad mix per week, and keep it in a big tupperware. At EVERY meal, I take the tupperware out of the fridge and figure out some way to use it. On a sandwich, under tuna instead of bread, or usually just in a bowl as a salad. I also keep tons and tons of single- or double-portion frozen veggies in the freezer. They will heat in the micro in 2-4 minutes, so by the time I've finished making the rest of the meal, they're ready to go as a side dish.

LitChick 08-24-2009 08:30 PM

I am strict about some things and not about others. I don't worry about getting oil servings in (although I do about half the time) and I don't take a multi-vitamin (since I figure I am eating healthy and most likely getting my nutrients through food).

I don't have a problem getting my fruits and veggie servings in, since it doesn't take much to count as a serving. I usually have yogurt and some kind of cheese every day and count that as my dairy intake.

Bonnie+J 08-25-2009 09:20 AM

i'm in ireland and listening to you guys we obv dont have the same plan, never heard anything about oil!
but i do follow it to a t. i get my 2 servings of dairy, i use 1/2 pint of milk throughout the day and i eat a low fat yoghurt after my dinner.
I point everything, i even allow 1 point for bites licks and tastes. i point my activity levels, but dont use them and i get my 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
i havent been back to it long so i cant comment on my results, but the way i see it is that if i follow the plan exactly i am more likely to get the most out of it. plus its not difficult for me to follow it.

kiramira 08-25-2009 10:03 AM

Ya, I agree with you Ms Bonnie. But you'll probably find like alot of us that there just aren't enough points in a day...

Kira

Aclai4067 08-25-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiramira (Post 2891909)
Nah! I find that the fewer the points the harder it is to work in their recommendations. After all, 2 servings of dairy would be 4 points, and a tbsp of oil is 3 points. I only have 21 points, so there goes 1/3 of my points!!! On two glasses of milk and a bit of oil...

I stay within my points and balance it out as best I can, but I'm not that super strict. I gotta LIVE, man!!!!

:D

Kira

What kind of oil do you use for 3 pts? I use olive oil but it's 5! I can rarely work that in