Counting Down - July 8th (aka Counting down from 250 and beyond or to 250)

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • WOW We're getting suggestions for the RENAMING CONTEST

Let's push out the dates to:

Suggestions ..... end Mon. Night

I'll list them on Tuesday. Probably after work.

Vote on Wed. & Thurs.

On Friday I'll begin a new thread with our NEW NAME!

Yeah, this means this thread will probably be humungous by Friday ... But what the hey?

We'll retire
    Counting Down To/Beyond 250 with a BANG!
  • Thanks, J-Ann, for coordinating a new naming. *g*

We did make it to Six Flags - I wrote about it here: http://www.jenanne.com/blogger.htm - I didn't care for it much, but the kids had fun so it was a good trip all in all.

I'm planning to knit a couple things from the most recent issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting as they have several plus size sweaters. One is perfect for my mom - I've already drafted the design that I'll use on this plain sweater. Cool!

Its cookingly hot here today - though I expect cooler by far than where some of y'all are. I just hate the heat though.

Later, ladies!
  • IT ONLY GOES TO SHOW.....
    Hi Ladies,

This is going to be short and sweet. I'm doing the Happy Dance as fast as I can.

Went to my meeting and am down
    7 lbs!

These are, regretably "old pounds" cause I finally looked at my book tonight and I'd put on 11 lbs in four weeks. I've updated my sig. and I can put my -50 lb. pendant back on!!!

As the header say: It only goes to show ... that if I plan ahead and journal every piece of food that passes my lips, I CAN lose the weight.

Gotta head for the kitchen. 6 oz. of king crab for dinner, YUM!

ttyl

J-Ann
    324/272/mini goal 244
    Joined WW 6-6-01
    -53 lbs to date
  • Monday, Monday
    Hi ladies!

Certainly is the dog days of summer. Hot and hazy.

Hey, is anyone interested in getting some challenges going? I noticed over on another section of the board they have a 21 day challenge. I need something to help me stay focused for more than a few days at a time if I'm ever going to get past this point for good. I'm really tired of yo-yoing in this same 5 lb range.

Today, I sat my goal at eating 30 points and exercising off 4 points. As much as I wanted to nap, I did get my four points done. Breaking it up into segments helps. So far, I'm on target with the food. Here's the breakdown.

Breakfast: 2 eggo waffles & peanut butter - 8 points

Lunch: Turkey wrap in large tortilla - 8 points
    Chips - 6 points

Dinner: lean pork loin (planning on 6 oz) for 5.5 points
    salad - 1 point for dressing
    fresh tomatoes

This is kinda skimpy on snacks but I'll get it turned around to having more fruits and less carbs.

J-Ann - All that for staying focused! I'm thrilled for you. See this can be done.

Bunny - I knew you were out there knitting away! Better to knit than snack! Have fun and post pics when you're done.
  • Did You Say Challenge?
    TERRI: A 21 Day Challenge is a great idea! What kind: Lbs. lost, journal every day, stay with your range???? I'm all for it. Any thing to motivate can't be bad.

YOO HOO LINDA: We miss you. Hope everything's okay. Come-on back!
  • Challenge
    J-Ann:

For the challenge, I'm thinking maybe we each decide what we want to focus on for 21 straight days. Staying OP means we're planning, journalling, staying within the weekly range of points, exercising and drinking water. That's a lot to focus on at once so we can each decide what we want to focus on during that time period. Our focus should be on changing behaviors not on how many pounds we want to lose.

At the end of the challenge, we would see how many pounds we have lost AS A GROUP by changing behaviors.

I need to go back and reread their challenge.

Perhaps we could have a thread just for posting challenge updates. Maybe we can start the challenge when we start our new group name. That will give us a few days to work out how we want the challenge to work.

Ta ta!
  • OK, IT'S TIME TO VOTE!
    Here are the Nominees for our NEW NAME :

COUNTING DOWN

IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN

ROAD TO THINNER

THE POINTER SISTERS

THE POINTER SISTERS & BROTHERS

COUNTING DOWN TO/BEYOND 250 Our old standby. If you choose this one please pick between "TO" and "BEYOND".

Voting closes Thursday night. Sometime Friday morning I'll do the tally and start a new thread with our wonderful new name.
  • I vote for "In it for the Long Run". Because thats what the ultimate goal is. If we don't stay in for the long run, we will go back to where we were!

Great thread! Thanks for inviting me. Pat - [email protected]
  • Hi ladies!

I vote for "IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN." When I am at a weight watchers meeting they are always telling us that this is not a diet, it is a life time change. When you stop and think about it, those words are so true.

Welcome Pat!!! Congratulations on your wonderful loss. (114 pounds.)

Take care, and God Bless. Cathy
  • I'd vote for COUNTING DOWN.
    Donna
  • I vote for "In it for the Long Run".

I've had three great OP days in a row. I'm getting in the 21 day challenge mindset. I'll start a challenge thread once we know what our new group name is. How about a challenge thread per week? That is a much shorter focus time and make it a rolling 21 day challenge. That will allow folks to drop in during any week. I need to set behavioral goals instead of weight loss goals. Seems like everytime I set my sights on losing to a certain point, it works the other way.

Have a good evening. I need to go burn off a few exercise points.

Later!
  • I haven't been posting in this group, so feel free to ignore my vote -- but I like IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN. Because that's what I am. I posted in the "200 in 2002" group (and the "200 in 2001" group AND the "200 in 2000" group!), but I think it petered out because of the weight numbers. Some of us got below 200; others felt it was unattainable for them that year, so the name didn't work anymore. You may run into the same problem with the 250 number.

Anyway, I'd like to post here, whatever name you come up with.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
    274/183/179 by Labor Day
  • DO NOT POST HERE

And the winner is ...... IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN. That's where you'll find everyone from the COUNTDOWN group from now on.

NEW NAME, SAME PEOPLE, FUN & SUPPORT!

COME ON OVER!