3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Counting Down - July 8th (aka Counting down from 250 and beyond or to 250) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/17898-counting-down-july-8th-aka-counting-down-250-beyond-250-a.html)

cathy1628 07-30-2002 05:45 AM

Hi girls,

I hope everyone is doing o.k.

LindaBC, I'm sorry I got the name mixed up on the 5 pound loss. I want to congratulate you on your hard work. :cp: :cb:

Terri, thank you for letting me know about the mix up. I'm sorry to hear about Bear. How did that happen to his knee? I love dogs. I have four. I also have four birds. I hope Bear will be o.k. :)

bunny, that was a BIG SPIDER!!! Yuk!!! :fr: :eek:

I hope everyone has a great week. Take care, and God Bless. Cathy :)

Terri in MO 07-30-2002 07:33 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Wish I could post a big loss but I'm holding steady a few pounds up from where I had been. Its been humid on top of TOM so I'm sure I will be able to get rid of it soon. I need to drink more water.

We got Bear a second opinion yesterday and the other vet was more optimistic about the sugery and a lot less money. He'll have a permanent limp but at least he won't be ruining both legs within the next year. I guess this is something big dogs can be susceptible to especially rotties who are so powerful in the hind quarters. Its kind of like a human who tears their knee up when skiing or playing sports. Too much power in the legs and sudden twisting can do it. Go figure. He had surgery yesterday so I'll pick him up this afternoon. My focus for the next few days will be to keep him quiet and separated from the bulldog. She'll love having the run of the house while he's banished in his bedroom (the garage). Maybe I can sneak in some extra exercise in the downstairs during this time.

Bunny - My goodness what do you feed spiders in your neck of the woods???? I would have screamed too and been too afraid to try kill it because what if it jumped?????? I had to chuckle at the image of your reaction though. Hope there aren't brothers or sisters!

I best get moving. Have a great OP day ladies!

j-ann 07-30-2002 04:14 PM

Hi Ladies :wave:

Well, another not so good week has passed. :( I went to WI yesterday and STAYED for the meeting! I know I gained but I asked them not to tell me how much. I'll deal with that later in the week. I've managed to stay OP yesterday and so far today.

At 5:30this morning, I went to the store and picked up stuff to keep at work, like I used to do. Stocked up on Bran Flakes, OJ, Oat Bran Eng. Muffins, Lite Yogurts, plums, pineapple and LC and WW Frozen meals (for lunch).

We went out to lunch today to celebrate an anniversary. I got a neat turkey wrap (Prob. 6 oz turkey, asparagus, red peppers, romaine lettuce, swiss cheese all in an herb "wrap". It was supposed to have mayo but I asked for mustard AND I only ate 1/2. I figured 5 pts. per 1/2. Had iced tea, no pts. there. See, I CAN DO THIS! :) Had a 5 pt Breakfast and a plum for a snack. That leaves me with 18 pts. min. for the rest of the day. Prob. a Skinny Cow (pnut butter) 3 pts. now and I'll have the other 1/2 of the wrap, a small slice of raspberry crisp (3 pts) (Cooking lite's recipe) for dinner, and a glass of OJ with some pretzels, or a muffin w pnut butter, after my stint in the pool. That should cover it.

My backs been better the last few days. Hope it stays this way.

TERRI, How's Bear? We had the same surgery done on one of the cockers and she recovered beautifully, and she was 9 yrs. old at the time. They too are hevy in the rear for their size. I'm sure Bear will do fine. Sorry you gained. TOM is one problem I don't have to deal with anymore.

BUNNY, YICK. I'm not to fond of critters with more than 4 legs either. Especially BIG, HAIRY ONES. They give me the creeps. :?:

LINDA, WooHoo :jig: 5 lbs. I'm soooo glad for you. Keep it up!!!

Oops, Gotta run .... There goes the dryer! Have a GREAT OP WEEK EVERYONE :)

TTYS

Terri in MO 07-31-2002 03:31 PM

Hello ladies!

Everyone must be busy busy. I'm normally the one who is MIA!!

We have Bear home now and he looks pitiful. One leg is completely shaved. Have you ever seen a huge dog with a cone on their head??? Kinda scarey. None of us got any sleep last night. I think for him, he was weirded out about being in the pet hospital AGAIN so soon and having that thing on his head. He wouldn't lay down and sleep. DH tried to have him sleep in the bedroom so I moved to the couch. At 2 am, he hobbled in there with me and kept me up. I finally took that thing off and laid down on the floor with him. He laid down up next to me with his head on my pillow and finally rested. He's been snoozing all day. I stayed home from work from fatigue and a headache. He's mastered the stairs already and has perked up quite a bit. Sadie doesn't understand why she has to be separated and why Bear can't chase her. It will be a lot of work the next couple of month's to keep him quiet and her entertained. Its like having two children. :lol:

I tried my hand at canning tomatoes for the first time ever yesterday. Mom used to do stuff like that a long time ago but I never did. For some reason, the last couple of years I've had this yearning to do things like that. These were roma tomatoes out of our own garden. I got two whole pints. :lol: :lol: The main satisfaction was in trying and doing something with the fruits of what we've grown. Something new I conquered.

J-Ann: Doesn't it feel great when you actually work the plan?? I do best when I have my week's breakfast and lunch on Monday morning and stash in the work refrig. Sure helps keep the pizza downstairs in the cafeteria.

I better get busy on paperwork and the laundry. I was thinking about laying down with the dog for a nap!! But then again, DH says its spoiling him. :o

Have a great OP day!

j-ann 07-31-2002 04:01 PM

So Far so good today. YES!

I've invited Pat and Marlene, who posted in the 100's group to join s. Hope they do. Marlene is just starting and Pat has lost, are you sitting down? 114 lbs.!! Please take a minute to read their threads.
LET'S GET US A NEW NAME.
Before we start another thread I agree we really should rename the group. Let's take suggestions til' Sat. then vote for our favorites on Sunday and Monday.

Here are a few from me:

300s/200s/100s-Goal!

Less Is More

Goin' Down & Lookin' Up

In It For The Long Run

And don't forget Terri's suggestion:

Counting Down

GET THOSE IDEAS POSTED LADIES (and don't forget we can leave the Countdown To 250 and Beyond name as well.)

slutbunny 07-31-2002 05:40 PM

Hiya, J-Ann!

I like any of your ideas - but I'm fresh outta my own.

Today was spent mostly planning my Christmas crafting - mostly knitting since that's my thing this year - and getting down to business with ordering the right yarns, etc. The hardest pick - the sweater I wanna make for my mom - was solved today when my favourite online yarn source had the perfect yarn, in the perfect gauge, at the perfect price. Yippee!

We may head off to Six Flags Over Georgia tomorrow - we have free admission tickets that expire shortly - if the $ looks good. Rent is due - so we have to make sure we've paid that before heading out to an amusement park. ;)

Keep on keepin' on!
J.

j-ann 08-02-2002 08:08 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just a quickie..... Doin' a happy dance :dance: cause I've managed 3 days in a row OP. Goin' for 4!

Don't forget the RENAME THE GROUP CONTEST . get those nominations in. COME ON - Let's all come up with ideas!!

Darby10 08-03-2002 02:17 AM

It's been nearly two weeks since I've been here, and just caught up on the messages...too numerous to comment on.

Weigh-in was this morning, week #20 for a loss of 2.2#. That brings my total to 58#. Yes, I'm delighted with that! Have 12# to go to even reach my half-way mark, which will be a 70#loss.
May amend that once I break the 200# barrier, will need to see how I look and feel, plus I'm not a young woman at 56, so will see. Actually a few more points for maintenance won't make that much difference than points to reduce. I'm anxious just to be at goal.

I'm 5.10" and with nearly a 60# loss, this week was the first time two outfits were too loose to wear. That is just such a great feeling! A lot of women never weigh themselves saying they can determine weight gain by their clothes, the way they fit. Not me, I can gain 60# and not change sizes.

When I started in March, couldn't walk two houses without back pain and spasms, and gasping for breath. Now, I can easily walk 1 1/2 miles at a brisk pace, and even sing along with the cassette I've plugged into.

Aside from hating the way my appearance was, used to worry about cardiac arrest, I couldn't go from my car parked at the curb up some stairs and be out of breath, needing to catch it before being able to put key in lock.

Excersise, drinking water, and journaling everything I consume, staying within my points is and shall continue to be my way of life.

Have enjoyed reading your posts and sharing the journies you are on, collectively and individually.

Darlene
320/262 /1??

ladynredd 08-03-2002 06:26 AM

I'd vote for COUNTING DOWN.
Donna

j-ann 08-03-2002 10:45 PM

MY OH MY BUT WE'VE BEEN QUIET THIS WEEK.

Is everyone on vacation or what??? It seem to me Bunny was going away to 6 Flags. WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE???

Hey Darlene, Sure sound like you've got WW down pat. Congrat's on your continued losses! Pretty sonn you be dancin' :dance: in the street in all your new duds. GOOD FOR YOU.

Well, I'm still OP (A minor miracle of which I'm proud.)

Today was supposed to be a break in the opressive heat. Well, early this morning it was fine but by the time I left the Y at 8:30 AM the weather trolls had taken over and it
was hot. 87° and muggy today. Back into the 90's tomorrow. Don't think this house will get cleaned until it cools. It better be soon too. The dust bunnies are reproducing like ... "hum", bunnies :lol:.

Have a lovely, cool Sunday,

Darby10 08-04-2002 12:02 AM

J-ann, thanks for your support....uncanny that we both started out at about the same weight, and are now about the same.

Yes, congratulations for staying OP, but this will be our way of life/eating for the remainder of our days. Otherwise, we will not only balloon up to where we started, we will gain even more.

I'm having such a difficult time wanting to eat in the evening, after dinner. I don't eat until 7:30 or 8:00 p.m., and save a few points for a snack. I'm not a bit hungry, I just want to munch. I've been drinking ice water or an occasional diet soda, but if anyone knows how to deal with the urge to just eat, and can banish it, let me know.

Have to share this......bought myself a gift. I've been thinking about it for a long time. Started this new life in March, and the birthstone is Aquamarine or Blue Topaz. There's a on-line jewelry mart from Thailand, saw a ring I liked, but by the time I thought about it and decided to go for it, the ring had been sold. Have been looking around, aquamarine is really difficult to find, so pretty much decided on Blue Topaz. A local jewelry store is having a fantastic sale, 50% off. I found a beauty of a gold and triangle cut blue topaz ring on sale, not that expensive for what it is.
I look at it and think, I really did give birth/life to myself when I made the committment to shed my weight. I totally love what the ring symbolizes for me.

It's hazy, hot and humid here too. On the news, weatherman said continue to stay inside, will be in the 90's until midnight. For some reason, thought I needed to at least walk to the corner (exercise was my most difficult obsticle and doing it now). Leashed my dog and we went to the corner, once there I said this isn't bad at all, it was about 7:30 p.m. So went for my mile walk. So looking forward to autumn though, about my most favorite time of year and the way the time has been passing so quickly, will be here in no time.

Darlene
320/262 /1??

cathy1628 08-04-2002 04:27 AM

Hello everyone, :wave:

I hope your enjoying your weekend. I have company in from Ohio. We have had a lot of out of town company this summer. I enjoy seeing them though. I wish they lived closer so we could see them more often. We have had a lot of sitting around the table talking, and nibbling on food. It makes it hard to stay on plan. :devil:

Terri, i'm glad to see that Bear is doing better. Congrats on canning. It's fun to try something different. :cp:

j-ann, all the ideas given to rename the group our fine. What ever everyone votes for is fine with me. I'm sorry I haven't come up with one. Congratulations for staying on plan. :cp:

Bunny, did you make it to Six Flags? My kids love to go there. :D

Darlene, WOW congrats on your success. :dance: You deserve to treat yourself to a beautiful new blue topaz ring. When I want to munch in the evening I munch on popcorn. I get tired of it, but that's what I usually go for. Sometimes I have fruit. Sorry I don't have any other :idea:

Donna, :wave:

I hope I didn't miss any body. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Take care, and God Bless. Cathy :)

Terri in MO 08-04-2002 09:30 AM

Okay Okay, I'm here!!

Happy Sunday ladies!

Its been a rough week. Food hasn't been great, allergies have been awful and practically zero exercise. Ands its been too blasted hot and humid.

My week has been spent on doing the dog shuffle taking care of Bear and Sadie. The main thing is keeping Bear from being too active which is hard because he feels so good and is young. I'll be glad when it cools off and they can be outside again.

DH and I put up about nine dozen ears of the most wonderful sweet corn. I've convinced him that its better cut off the cob and frozen than his mother's method of freezing on the cob. He really got into helping. His mission now is to buy sweet corn at least once a week while the season is still good. I've got more tomatoes to stew today.

Today we have to clean the garage since we have a new freezer coming on Monday. And a whole beef coming on Wednesday. You'd think we're farm people! :lol:
Not much else has been happening.

Linda, where are you? You normally don't disappear for so long.

Bunny - Must be knitting away! :spin:

Darlene - Congrats on your loss. Wow, you've done great on plan. :cb:

Cathy - Enjoy your company! :)

J-Ann: You're doing great! I had a two week OP streak going then all the dog trauma and I forgot what I was doing. Keep it up! :smoking: I like your name suggestions.

One name that I thought of is : Road to thinner!

I best get DH up so we can go to church. Have a great Sunday

:jig:

j-ann 08-04-2002 09:36 AM

Mornin Ladies, :wave:

Time to be up and about. It's a glorious morning here in Central N.Y. Went walking this AM while it's still cool. 95 by this afternoon tho. Time to sit still and dink water. :)

Darlene, hope you enjoy your ring. I do the jewelry thing for self reward too. I found an old favorite necklace, an itty, bitty,teeny, tiny, emerald pendant (my only "good" piece of jewelery)that I thought I'd lost years ago, just as I hit 25 lbs. Then at 50 lbs. I treated myself to a citrine pendant that I fell in love with at Sam's Club. A few months ago my locaL jeweler had a 50% sale too. Picked up a blue topaz pendant for my 75 lb. reward. It's still sitting, in the box, on my dresser as I'm not there yet so I can't wear it.:shrug:

I wish I could do rings but I chew my nails. I tried artificial nails but they hurt and it took me four hrs. to get them off after I'd had them put on less than 24 hr. before. Talk about ugly. You should have seen what they looked
like underneath.:eek:

Cathy, Try putting strawberries or cherries out as munchies. That's worked for me. Everyone likes them and you'll no have to worry about getting into stuff that can cause a program problem.

Off to enjoy what's left of the cool.

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW NAME?

Darby10 08-04-2002 12:00 PM

Good Morning All~

Donna~Thanks for the munching idea of popcorn, had really forgotten about it. It's been a long time since I've eaten it, as I burnt myself out on it. This is good though, as long as I'm not hungry, just want to munch, that's what I'll give that compulsion.
If that's all it will get, maybe it will stop...

Teri~Has been years since I've canned, know the amount of work and time involved, but oh so worth it. This autumn and winter, you'll be having the 'veggies' of your labor.

About jewelry....when I was younger and married, wore quite a bit, but for years wear only earings, or dressing up, costume jewelry, occasionally a bracelet. Just don't like anything 'binding'
I do not have pretty hands. The veins show, and they have sun splotches and well they are 'ooogley'. Told myself to stop thinking of my hands like that, as I was an RN for years, these hands helped save lives, wiped tears, held the hands of the fearful, and just did a lot of nice things. Began to start giving praise when I began to think of how ugly they were. Got them from my dad. One time he said when he was 21 the doctor told him he had the hands of an 80 year old man......an overstatement, but close. I'm retired now (early retirement) and have let my fingernails grow......they get really long and it's fun after all those years of needing to keep them short due to occupation. When they break, they break really far down.....glue doesn't work....so have found I can get an acrylyic overlay until it grows out. Early on folks were saying do something nice for youself at a 5 or 10# loss. I had my second professional manicure 4 months ago, at the age of 56. That is my treat for a loss. The ring is very pretty, but what really thrills me is what it represents.

Since we are all on Weight Watchers, I propose a name. How about:

"The Pointer Sisters"

since I haven't seen any men post, we can be gender specific, or
perhaps

"The Pointer Sisters....and Brothers"

Darlene