Counting Down - July 8th (aka Counting down from 250 and beyond or to 250)

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hello - I am new
    Hello everyone. I am new to this site but have been a Weight
    Watcher member for a while now, on and off. Off now trying to get it back together. I have been trying to follow the program it is so hard when it is hot. Who can exercise when it is hot and humid.

I am a 28 year old New Yorker.

Determined - Congrats on the new colt.

Slutbunny - The sweater was great, just learnd to crochet. I can do blankets.

Darlene - 50# that is wonderful.

How about "The Amazing Shrinkers". The other one is good too.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.
    Stay cool and motivated.
  • Hi ladies!

Its Tuesday, last day of my mini-vacation. It hasn't been a food blow-out which is a major accomplishment for me. We did get to go boating on Sunday and had a great time. We tried yesterday but somehow between loading the boat and everything just fine and unloading the boat, something happened to the shifter. We couldn't get it into reverse to unload or forward even. Its at the marine shop now. We got Bear on Monday morning and that was $271. Geez whiz, vets are outrageous like other healthcare. He has a nasty incision but it doesn't seem to slow him down any. I took him for a walk this morning to use up some of that happy energy he has for being home. About to drive me nuts, he's so whiney about being with me.

We took DH's scooter and my bike to my favorite wildlife area yesterday for a ride. It was a blast. I got to bike ride and DH got to be with me. It is nice to have him there and me not riding alone. I have crashed my bike out there before and thought I broke both arms and was all alone. He doesn't have to worry either. I only rode for 30 mins as it was so hot. But we're all loaded up to go again this morning.

Last week my focus was on journalling and paying more attention to eating by the numbers. I'm not sure if I lost weight because as normally happens on weigh-in day, I'm retaining water. Too much salty something and not enough water. But I'm not getting discouraged. This week my focus will be on exercise points. I had printed out an article over a year ago on 15 tips to break a plateau. I'm keeping it handy to help me stay focused.

Great name suggestions!!

Welcome Fredz! Yes exercise is hard when its hot and humid. Try little bouts of exercise. Four one point session still counts as much as a long four point workout.

Rozzy - Yes, I have a lot of trouble losing weight when its hot. My body weight fluctuates so much because of the humidity and water retention. And I even take BP meds with a dieuretic. But hang in there, it will come off eventually.

J-Ann - Yikes, you were not having a good animal week. Hope everybody is doing better. Glory is the name of our baby. She couldn't suck during the first critical hours and we had to hand feed her so she got the antibodies she needed from her mom. I figured if she made it, it would be by the Glory of God. Said a little prayer for her and pretty soon she latched on to her momma.

I'm attaching a picture of Glory and her mom Ginger.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. Have a great OP day!
  • Hi ,

Today I made it thru the WHOLE DAY on prgram. It's been awhile since I could say that. No challenges either. On to tomorrow.

I've been reading about water and wanted to try this one. Divide your current weight in half and drink that many ounces of water a day. WHOOSH ... right to the potty ladies! No way can I down 135 oz. a day. I made it to 100 but the next 30 ain't gonna happen. Maybe if I pump it in thru an IV but not by mouth! That's more than a gallon of water and you're supposed to replace any tea/coffee/soda you drink with the same amount of water. OMG I'd be floating without ever getting in the pool.

Gotta run. Have a great Wesnesday and keep cool!
  • trying this out
  • Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I gain 3 pounds. It is the first time in seven weeks. I had a lot of company in from Ohio. We had to much country cooking. I'm o.k. though I am back on program 100%.

fredz, and rock, welcome to this site. There are a lot of nice people here.

terri, congrats on your new colt. Glory, is so cute. That is a nice picture of mommy and baby. I hope your boat is o.k.

j-ann, congrats on staying on program. Wow, that is a lot of water.

I hope all of you have a nice weekend. Take care, and "God Bless." Cathy
  • HELLLOOOOOO
    My Oh My Looks like every one is very quiet this weekend. Hope you're all outdoor enjoying a lovelyday and getting some exercise and staying OP.

I can't seem to put 2 days together so things are not going well. On top of having a hard time staying OP I've done something to my lower back. Don't know what or when but as long as I don't turn to the right or bend certain way I'm fine. If I move wrong I feel like I've been stabbed. Takes my breath right away. Luckily I don't have a problem with it in the pool so I can still aquajog. Of course getting into and out of the suit are a challenge. I had relly planned to get serious about walking this weekend. Looks like I'm going to have to put that off for a few more days.

Look, the 3FC Ladies have given us new smiles: &

Cathy, I know you can make those 3 lbs. go away again. You can do it!

Off to drink lots more water.

Oh yes, I read this on a list and have put it all over, on post-its, as an OP reminder:

MODERATION: LEARN IT, LIVE IT, LOVE IT.
  • Well - its been a busy week and weekend here. I managed to finish another sweater though (tee hee).

Down 2 pounds (which brings me somewhere near where I lost my way and began gaining).

Dinner tonight: Chicken caesar salad - only with my homemade and nearly fat free caesar salad dressing.

Sorry to post and run!
  • BUNNY, GOOD FOR YOU. You've got it together and are back on track.

Another sweater? You are becoming one creative woman! The salad sounds like a good idea or dinner. I'm opting for L.C. Chicken Stir-Fry. I figure I can't go too far wrong with that. Will probably have a salad to go with it. Too hot for more than that.

Today was house cleaning day. Boring but necessary once in a while.

Congrat's again!
  • Hi Everyone! Just a quick hello to some of my old friends. I'm still alive and well on the '300+ And Ready To Try Again' thread. Sorry I was not able to keep up here and there.

It sounds like you all have had your ups and downs since I left as well. My food has not been good in months. Time for a shake down or something.

I was really surprised to see that all the other threads over here have fizzled out. WOW, shocker! Should have known you guys are die hards like me though and will be here till the day we die!

I'm still working/growing my business. That's partially why I have no time for writing much. If it's not out on jobs, it's home doing paperwork.

DH and the boys are doing well. The baby(21) is home from college for the summer and working. The oldest(23) is taking courses all summer long this year trying to get his degree by next May. He'll be thrilled when this school thing is over!

J-ann: It sounds like you are running quite the 'zoo' these days and not a very healthy one either. Hope all your animals are much better soon.

Terry: Congrats on the new baby! Wow, that must be neat. I'm sure by now you're all set up in your new home and enjoying a garden maybe this year?

Bunny: That sweater is way cool. I wish I had some talent in the knit/crocheting department. I do straight stuff and that's about it.

Linda: Sounds like you have a handle on what your body needs to survive. There are lots of people following WW, but keeping it on the low end of the carbs. I think there was a section in one of the booklets, a little quiz or something, that helped determined what combinations of foods would work best for the individual. Well, maybe there was, or I'm just dreaming!

To all of you that I haven't met, this is a great group. You'll love it here.

Well girls, I'm outta here. Just thought I would stop in for a minute and say howdy. It's late and I'm going to hit the hay. You know where to find me if you want to give me a holler....and then there's always the PM option. Love to all.
  • Hello to everyone!

I hope all is well with you. I have been doing o.k. It has been so hot. I spend a lot of time in my pool. I love it. I told my husband it is the best thing we ever bought.

j-ann, I hope your back feels better soon. I know it hard to get around when it hurts. I like the new smiles.

bunny, your doing great with you sweaters. I wish I could do that. Congrats on your 2 pound loss.

thinthinker, it's nice to hear from you.

I hope all the rest of you have a good week. Try and stay cool.

Take care, and God Bless. Cathy
  • Hey everyone ,
    I guess i've been absent awhile . There's been alot of posts since I visited last . I could swear I had more spare time when I was raising my boys . Now that I'm raising my grandkids i have no time . I have been terrible about staying on point lately , but I haven't quit . I need to get back to journaling . I broke one of my toes this weekend , OUCH ! It was fun going to work today . It doesn't hurt unless I wear footwear . Unfortunately they won't let me go to work barefoot .

Thinthinker , good to see your post .

My lawyer goes to court to get a trial date for the permanent custody trial this friday . He said it may not happen for 6 months . I'll be glad to get it over .

It's pretty hot here in Washington right now (for Washington) . I can sympathise with everyone who's complaining of water retention . I know your discomfort ! & weight gain !

Well Ta Ta for now . Kathy
  • Hi everybody. Just checking in to see if you miss me. Nice to see some of you have mentioned my name.
    I lost 5 lb my first week on the Atkins diet. WAHOOO! Then I gained back a pound the following week. I know it was salt though. I was eating a popular Atkins snack which is fried pork rinds and they were salty so naturally I retained fluid. I'm hoping for better results this Friday WI.
    Still no word from the doc on the results of my ECG so I'm assuming that no news is good news and just getting on with my life. I'm sure if I was at death's door, he would have called me.

It's very warm here on the Left Coast. We are getting into the 80s this week which is a little too warm for my taste, especially as we don't have A/C. Don't usually need it but for a few days a year so why bother. It just means I shut all the windows and blinds through the heat of the day and open everything up at night. Fans burning up electricity all over the house just to stir the air around. I'll really enjoy my hour at the pool tomorrow morning.

BTW, for those of you who suggested I try the lower carb version of WW, I have to say that I already have tried it for several months but it made no difference. Even now, taking Metformin AND eating strictly low carb my morning glucose is still a bit high, although it has improved quite dramatically in the past 2 weeks on low carb. Nice thing about this woe is I rarely get hungry. Once I got past the first couple of days of withdrawal my cravings disappeared and I can go hours without even thinking of food. Strange, huh? It's wonderful! I also don't have that mid-afternoon slump when all I want to do is sleep and my moods have really settled down too. It's like natural Prozac.

Well, that's about all for now. I'll check in with you next week. Hugs to all.
    LindaBC
  • Hi girls!

I hope everyone is doing well. I received a phone call at 3:30a.m. on Monday, morning. My son who is 20 was in an accident. The fire department and police had a hard time getting him out of his car because he was wedged by a concrete wall. When they got him out he was not breathing. They did CPR and got him going. He was in the ER until early afternoon. Then they put him in ICU. He was able to be moved late today on to the forth floor. I was so scared. I didn't know if he was going to be alright. My son is a great person. He has a big kind soft heart. He always makes me laugh. I couldn't bear to loss him. I couldn't handle that. Thank God he is o.k.

Terri, your doing great. Congratulations on your 5 pound loss. Do you like the Atkins diet? Try and stay cool.

Kathy, nice to meet you on line.

Take care, and "God Bless." Cathy
  • Hello ladies!

Its been a hot, tough week. Actually can't believe its Thursday already.

Did I tell about going swimming this weekend? And to see our baby again? I had a great time at the swimming beach. I strutted around in my suit and felt great because there were lots smaller women than me that looked worse in their suits!! I love laying on a raft at the lake.

Well, I may have to retire my walking buddy Bear. He's only 1-1/2 years old. He's blown a knee and to fix it properly is a minimum $2,000 surgery. Next best is $1,000 and that's not guaranteed. We can't really afford to do that. Its heartbreaking but it really isn't slowing him down now. We just can't see putting him through something so invasive. He'll just have to become more of a couch potato which I think he'd be more than happy to be as long as I'm around. I'll have to watch his leg and not walk him as much. I cried that my baby will have such problems later on.

Food hasn't been great this week. I've been journalling faithfully but I'm over in points. I've been battling water retention so I'm up several pounds. That sure makes it hard to keep focused because it feels rather defeating. But I'll do my best to keep focused and ride this out.

Cathy - Wow, what a scare with your son. Thank God he's doing okay. BTW, it was Linda who lost 5!

Linda - A little celebration for your loss! I've never tried Atkins diet. Do you find it difficult to plan? Good luck with it!

Bunny - How's your daughter? You're a knittin' fool!! Have you been doing any hiking? Those were always such an inspiration to keep me walking. Although now I would feel naked without Bear!

Geri (Thin) - Great to hear from you. Miss your posts here but I know how hard it is to make time to post at all these days. Yes, we've been in our home for a year now and we did get a garden in. We are overwhelmed with tomatoes. First it was cucumbers but those have about died off for some reason. I picked a whole bunch of grape, cherry, roma and regular tomatoes tonight. Guess next year we won't plant quite so many.

J-Ann - How's your back? Hope you're doing better.

Kathy - How's the munchkins? You are such a great grandma for taking them in and giving them the care they need. Take care of yourself too!

Everyone else, hope you're doing okay and enjoying (or surviving) the heat.
  • On Friday I saw a spider sooooo big ("how big was it??!") - it was so big that it scared me in to having my period two weeks early. Really. It was the size of a dang ENGLISH MUFFIN. And it ran across my monitor while I was working at my computer!!!!

Crikey.

Hubby killed it after deciphering my gibberish and crying to mean that I'd seen a ssssppppiiiidddddeeeerrrrr - something I'm pathologically terrified of - and all was sorta-kinda-I'm-still-jumpy right with the world.

Recovery included ice cream and bright lights.

I'm better now though. Really. Ish.

Hope y'all were out and about and non-spidered this weekend.