Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 150.2

Height: 5.5

Default Hello

Hi everybody, I started WW myself a couple of days ago, I was doing Dukan diet for about more than 2 months and then I had some digestive issues I felt like I needed a change, I lost 10 pounds with Dukan now I would like to lose 10 more with WW. I am hoping to find up to date information about points and some support here. I am not registered to WW online or meetings, my husband will prefer me not to pay for anything if possible
I hope to talk to each of you soon...
gulggenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

Default New here

My name is Mo and I'm 28 years old. I was married last march, and I have a 7 month old son named Michael :-) I have just over 100 lbs to lose. I've lost weight on WW before, but gained it all back and then some. I can't afford to join again right now, but I have all the current material so I'm doing the plan on my own until I can afford to join again. I am really determined to do this because I feel terrible and I want to be in shape to play with my son.
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 238/188/150

Height: 5'2

hello
my name is Sara
I've been on WW since March 2012 and have lost 50 lbs...I have 40 more to go
SarainMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #274  
Member Extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 260.6/257.4/160

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi! I'm Bridget. I lost 70lbs on WW nine yes ago. Then I had three babies. With the last one, my mom was dying thru the preg. I had her three weeks after my mom died. I gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of muscle sitting in a hospice for months. Now it's time to get back into shape. I'm considering baby 4 but I need to get healthy.

I have a family trip in 8 weeks as well, so I'm setting a few goals... First one is 16 lbs Downey then.

I'm looking for some WW support. I want to recommit and go for it. I'm an onliner.
Bridget37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #275  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, my name is meredith and I am starting weight watchers again. I used it a few years ago before my wedding, with pretty good results. I've got a friend locally but I figured all the support I could get would be great!

shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #276  
Martha

S/C/G: 231/224/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I started ww 3 weeks ago. I'm > 50 y.o. and I now have 93 pounds to loose. I was just sick and tired on being sick and tired. I began having pain everyday and just felt like I had no energy. My clothes wouldn't stretch anymore. I already feel better since starting ww and excersising. I really love the points plus. I can eat basically what I want with some restraints. That's exactly what I need, the restraint part. Yep I can indulge my self occasional with a piece of pie just not the whole pie.
powerwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #277  
It's "veggie" backward...

S/C/G: 237/233/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all! I joined last night. Halloween! It was really fun to show up at my local meeting on October 31st. I weight 235 and want to get to 165, which is 70 pounds which doesn't seem real at the moment. I look forward to chatting with everyone!
eiggev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #278  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 173/118

Height: 5ft, 6in

Hi Everyone! I'm Sara and I'm starting WW today for kind of an unusual reason. Last fall I was at my highest weight and chose to do a form of intermittent fasting. It worked wonderfully for me and I called goal this past spring, at 135lbs. At that time I switched to a different form of IF (a non-calorie restricted version), started doing a bit of walking (I did no exercise while actively losing weight), and I became very interested in how nutrition/food related to good/bad health and disease prevention (whole long story why but I won't go into that now).

From that I transitioned to a mostly whole foods, plant based diet, following Dr. Fuhrman's 90/10 guideline. Over the past few months my diet has become focused on nutrient dense plant foods. Meat, dairy, fast food and non-whole plant foods now make up about 10% of my diet. I also started walking more and have thrown in some running as well. Throughout all of this, I continued to lose weight (without counting calories/tracking etc). At first it wasn't a big deal, but last week I hit another new low and I'm now just a few pounds away from having an underweight bmi. I'm the healthiest I've ever been, feel and look great but I definitely don't want to lose any more weight!

Last week I did some calorie tracking over at my fitness pal and came to the conclusion that I HATE counting calories. But, eating intuitively isn't working either (the foods I now eat are high in fiber, which makes me feel full for longer/causing me to eat less). So, after spending some time looking into options I've decided to try a home version of WW Points Plus Counting points seems super easy and something I can do long term without losing my mind lol. I'm starting out with 32 points (the 26 + 6 maintenance points) and will aim to eat back all my activity points (1-2 most days), as well as use up most/all my weekly points.

I may have to adjust if I continue to lose or start to gain, but at least I have something to work off now I found this forum after looking for a non-official weight watchers support group (didn't feel comfortable using theirs since I'm not paying, but for my circumstance I don't see the need since I found all the info for free online). Can't wait to meet others doing WW, especially if there's any here doing WW for maintenance.

Whoa, sorry this was so long!

Last edited by justjaynee; 11-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
justjaynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 170/161/145

Default 1 Day Down and Looking for Accountability

Hey, I'm 25, and newly wed.

I never struggled with my weight until about 3 years ago. This is when I first met my husband, finally got a good job, moved to a city I love. Maybe happiness weight? Maybe just getting older and losing my metabolism. Either way, at 22 I weighed about 135-140 lbs. I had been anywhere between 125 and 135 since I was 12. Then one day the pounds just started coming. I was in a very stressful job, but otherwise life was great. First 10 lbs, then 20... I thought I 150 was bad!

This time last year I was at my heaviest, right around 180. I never thought I was see that number in my life! I had always been so thin, eating just about anything I wanted. It was at this time I discovered I had a number of food allergies. Worst is eggs, then wheat, then dairy. I started by cutting it all out. And only lost about 5 pounds in 3 months. I slowly started eating dairy again (too hard not too), and occasionally I will cheat with wheat, but I pretty much avoid egg at all costs. I was hoping that cutting/limiting these allergens from my body would shed pounds. My allergies are inflammatory after all. But, I am now at 170-175 depending on the day... not that big of an improvement. I feel mostly okay about how my body feels, but I have fat on my arms and chin I really want to get rid of.

For some reason I decided to looking into weight watcher point counting yesterday. At times I have tried calorie counting and it just makes me feel awful about myself, and focus too much on food. I have heard great thing about weight watchers, especially from my mother in law. But I don't really have the money in my budget for it right now. I thought I would try counting points for a little while and see how that fits in my lifestyle. If I like it I may consider actually joining. But there is plenty of information on the internet that at least will help me get started.

My goal is to loose about 25 pounds (though I realize a healthy weight for me may be more than 145, its a goal I'd like to start with).

According to my calculations this is the outline of what my plan looks like:

Week 1-5 @168-160 23 pts
Week 6-10 @160-150 22 pts
Week 11-13 @150-145 21 pts

This puts me reaching my goal the week before my 26th birthday, which would be awesome!

Wish me luck!

Also, I am checking out a meeting with my mother in law at lunch today (there is a group that meets in my office building every Wednesday). Maybe I'll get some motivation to ACTUALLY join.
abinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 237/220/140

Height: 5'5

Red face

I'm Lauren, I'm 23. I am working and going to school full time and now trying to get my old body back. My boyfriend and I have been talking about a wedding in the future and my goal weight is going to take some time so I'm starting now. I won't be a fat bride!

I lost about 15 lbs. on WW last year but fell off the wagon around the holidays. WW has been the only thing that's worked for me because it's so easy to follow. With a little planning, the weight just falls off. I'd like to lose around 60 lbs. this year.
lovealwayslauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 233/233/140

Default New Here

Good Morning!

My name is Cathy and I am once again going to try this weight loss journey!! I am a busy mom of a 9 year old girl and step mom to a 16 year old boy! Both great kids.

Generally my weight fluctuates up and down due to either eating too much, or nothing at all! I am hoping WW will help me learn to control my eating and have a better relationship with food!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Cathy
Catacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #282  

Smile You've met me at a very strange time in my life

I posted this over in the general introduction thread, but since I'll be spending most of my time over here in the WW forum, I thought I'd copy and paste it here too!

Hello everyone! This is my first time here, but I hope to stick around.

I have struggled with weight my whole life, stemming mostly from my misunderstandings about healthy eating habits (mostly portion control). About 3 years ago I joined weight watchers at 255lbs and was able to work down to 211lbs over the course of a year. My last semester of college was very stressful (studying japanese!) and I fell back into old (lazy) habits.

Well, I just got engaged (omg that sounds so weird!) and I'm motivated to get back to my weight loss. After all, I have a dress to buy and I don't want to shop in the plus size section for once! Lucky for me, WW taught me good lessons, because in 2 years I only gained back 14lbs. I know gaining weight isn't good, but I was really relieved when I got on the scale and didn't weigh over 255lbs! (My clothes have been fitting very snugly so I immediately jumped to the worst conclusion!)

I'm here with you fine ladies (and gentlemen?) because my issue is motivation when I'm not losing weight! As soon as I hit that plateau my motivation goes straight down the drain. I'm only on my first week back in the saddle, so I hope to avoid a plateau for awhile, but I know they're inevitable!

At the risk of writing a novel of an introduction, I'll stop there. I hope to meet some great people to help motivate and to keep me motivated.

denyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #283  
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone, I joined this site a few weeks ago and it has been very motivating. I have been a WW member since May 2013 and have lost 42 pounds as of yesterday.
I have been heavy all my life. I can't remember a time when I was below 200 lbs. My highest was 300! I want to finally hit my lifetime member status! It seems so far out of reach but I am just trying to take it one day at a time!
After getting married in 2011 and having 2 kids (2 year old and 1 year old) I figure its time to get back to taking care of me. I have always shopped in the plus size department or plus size stores. My dream is to be able to shop anywhere!!!!
I plan to make that dream a reality with the help of my family, friends, fellow WW members and you awesome people!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
:-) Liz
lizzylou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 157/?/135

Height: 5'6

Default New fellow Canadian here but not new to WW program.

Hi my name is Melissa, I live in Canada and I am a Mum to 3 girls (14,12 & 9) and wife to a fabulous husband. I am a homemaker and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I just joined WW online about a week ago but really haven't gotten on board yet. I tracked my breakfast today and plan to track the rest of the day as well (baby steps ). I really need to go do a proper grocery shop so I don't fall off the wagon. I don't have much imagination when it comes to WW foods so I tend to eat the same things over and over again. I would love to connect and hear peoples fav recipes, especially Canadians because we just can't all that great food the USA can!!

I also would like to check in often to help keep the momentum up - is there a board for that here?

I have made a few posts on other WW boards here but thought it best to properly introduce myself here.

Thanks,

Mel
Mel_shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #285  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I'm Donni. I am a 32 year old female that is starting WW offically for the first time. I will be attending meetings with a girl I work with. I have to say I am quite nervous about all of it. I am also about to start strength training too.
I am about 184lbs. I guess I will know the real damage when I weigh in for the first time. My goal is to be down to 150, but I know with strength training it is going to be a little different because muscle weighs more than fat. So I guess I will have to pay attention more to the inches lost then the scale.

I have a question, but I dont know if it belongs in this forum or another (I"m new to forums)... I have 2 bags of Body by Vi and I dont want to waste them. Can they be used with weight watchers?
donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote