3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/175220-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

derrydaughter 08-07-2009 07:58 AM

Welcome Romans. Please feel at home and share with us. I hope you find the right mix of what to do for yourself. I have heard Medifast is very costly. I'm not even able to afford to go to WW meetings lately. We have two kids in college.
RP, tell me about black beans in brownies. Sounds like an interesting concept. Here are a few other tips for you that just popped into my head:

1. If you hate veggies, buy small jars of baby food and add it to things like pancake batter or spaghetti sauce. You won't taste it and you will be "thinning" the recipe with nutrients. If you make soups or stews add V-8 or tomato juice instead of water. Use vegetable broth in place of water to make rice, etc.

2. A nice low point cake idea. Take a cake mix, like chocolate, and add one can of pumpkin to the mix and enough water (about 1/2 cup) to make the batter able to be stirred OK, then bake as per the box instructions. It's really good with lite cool whip and only the points for the mix on the box. Takes like a very moist chocolate cake and I love it.

Try a variety of fruits, you can even buy berries and put them in your yogurt or jello or something like that. We all need these nutrients, so I hope you continue trying. Be creative. I used to put baby food string beans and stuff like that in my kids pancake and waffle batter when they were small and they never know!

We leave for our RI vacation tomorrow. I am so worried about eating this time as I am still up from the last vacation. Return to fall routines will be good for me. I am really hoping to get in some walking at least.

cher37 08-07-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundpeg (Post 2863448)
Didn't get ANY water in today, water and veggies, oh and dairy, those are my issues. When I write it like that, those are some important issues! I guess I have been living off of coffee in the morning and Doritos in the afternoon for several years now!

... just thought I'd drop in with a few helpful tips...

Fruits
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries in SF/FF yogurt cup with 1Tbsp granola on top (you're actually killing 2 birds with 1 stone here... fruits & dairy)
- Cut up apple, sprinkle cinnamon, 1 lunch pack of raisans & microwave on high for about 30 seconds till heated through
- grapes
- strawberries on toaster ww waffles

Veggies
- carrots, green/red pepper strips, cucumbers dipped in FF ranch dressing or hummus
- chicken stir fried with onion, celery, brocolli, carrots & peppers w. reduced sodium soya sauce
- baked brocolli w. chili flakes, olive oil & garlic
- baked cauliflower w. parmesan cheese & pepper

Dairy
- indiv. SF/FF yogurts
- cheese - with pickles & crackers, or shredded on top of salads, or melted on top of egg omelette
- SF/FF pudding mixes
- make a smoothie w. SF/FF vanilla yogurt, wheat germ, flax seed, & frozen berries (also kills 2 birds with 1 stone = dairy + fruit)

:goodluck:

Renacer 08-07-2009 10:50 AM

Hi everyone!

Family and friends were visiting so my house was full and I was away most of the time. I misbehave just *a little bit* but with all the walking I managed to stay in the same weight, I just need to confirm this with the WW scale since that weight was at the doctors office (it was digital). I'm getting tired and mad at myself for being lingering around the 153 pounds and not going down, I need to crack the whip.;)

Clyde, Congrats!! You are doing so good!

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. My house was full of candy and ice cream for the last days since my nieces were here. Luckily the one that was raised by my mother's side of the family enjoys fruits, veggies and water..That helped a little bit with the temptation except for the ice cream:devil:

Enjoy your weekend ahead everyone!:hug:

roundpeg 08-07-2009 05:18 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone! The fruits and veggies thing is just a habit I never developed, I remember my mom putting those THREE GREEN BEANS on my plate and me swallowing them whole with milk-big veggie issues there. :dizzy:

Since starting on my better eating habits:
1. I keep a bag of sliced peppers and onion in the freezer at all times and I throw them on almost everything. I do my slicing for the week and it is there when I need a handful.
2. I have tried for the first time (or first time in a long time) eggplant, honeydew, cucumber, tomato,
3. I have prepared and eaten (on purpose) zucchini, squash, green beans (from the farmers market).
4. I am keeping at least 2-3 varieties of fruit in the house.
5. Stocking lettuce as a staple and bought a salad spinner.
6. Made my sister a smoothie and laughed at the face she made as she said "that is just tooo fresh tasting!". I guess we were just raised on macaroni and cheese and this is just new to us.

So my veggies and fruits is getting better. I even planted a lettuce patch and go pick some for a salad when needed, that feels kinda cool.

Dairy has not been something I have avoided until now, the calories and fat just scare me. But I am trying to keep it around and just make a point to ingest it.

Water-never liked it, gotta choke it down, I am now stocking those ridiculous mixers made for water bottle sizes. I say ridiculous since I hate paying for the extra packaging and the convenience of the size, I'll figure out a cheaper alternative. On the bright side, I only use half a pack per bottle, a whole pack is too kool-aid-ish for me.

But the best part is the kids, hopefully, I am breaking the macaroni and cheese cycle that has plagued my family for generations :D .They have taken to the new eating plan wonderfully.

roundpeg 08-07-2009 05:24 PM

DD: The black bean brownies is the same idea as your cake mix one. Box of brownie mix and can of black beans. I drain the beans then fill the can up back to full with water, puree in blender and add to brownie mix. The kids love them, they don't complain about the weird factor at all.

roundpeg 08-07-2009 05:37 PM

Oh, one more thing, something funny happened at work. (I work in a nursing home). I was talking to a lady about the quality of the food there, she hates it. I was saying I always eat lunch there since it is so cheap.

She said "That is why you are so little, eating this yucky food".

For a moment, I was happy, someone called me little!!

The reality is : she is blind in one eye and only sees half of me

BUT, half of me is little! :D

ROMANS828 08-07-2009 09:54 PM

rp....love the nursing home story. i work in a hospital. i have also been a victim of the macaroni and cheese cycle. our moms only taught us what they knew (long line of obesity here). i detest veggies too. on medifast you have one Lean and green meal a day. since starting i have started a salad habit. everyday. raw veg are much better than cooked. i even recently started adding fresh spinach to my salad. i am so proud of myself for this. my hubby about fell over when i told him i bought spinach. lol

love the choc cake/pumpkin/cool whip idea!

roundpeg 08-09-2009 06:36 PM

Weigh-in today, down 2 pounds even :carrot:

I am a little bummed since I went to two different grocery stores looking for those "Arnold Sandwich Thins", I read about them here, started buying them and the kids love them. So I want to keep them in the house, they make sandwiches or little mini-pizza out of them.

Someone at work noticed the weight loss, I am wearing the same scrubs and they are getting floppy. For some reason I like wearing the bigger clothes, maybe I want to have that Oprah moment wear I show up wearing stuff that fits and people are all "WOW". But my Mom tells me my big scrubs make me look like a puff-a-lump. :D

Clydegirl 08-10-2009 09:37 AM

Morning girls. Happy Monday.

Roundpeg I have those sandwich thins, love them. I have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We bbq'ed last night and I had a turkey burger on one.

Clydegirl 08-12-2009 01:53 PM

Didn't get to weigh-in today but I am down on my scales.

I will try and go on Friday morning.

Newlifestyle 08-12-2009 02:21 PM

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I see many new names on here. I am trying to get back in the routine of posting once again.
Roundpeg, way to go on the 2 lb weight loss.
Clydegirl, great job being down on your scale today.
Romans, I tried the white cake/pumpkin and cool whip. I think I used to much pumpkin as it tasted like pumpkin pie. It was so yummy.
Renacer great job maintaining your weight loss. When I have guests, I seem to see the scale go up.
cher37- thanks for those tips.

Hi Linda, Trysh, Erica, Paige, and everyone else. I have missed you all.

Hello all and I will try to write more personals later.

Take Care
Ann

derrydaughter 08-13-2009 07:40 AM

Ann!!!!!!! Way to go, I am so glad you are back. I have missed you as well.

I have good news. I was away on vacation in RI from Saturday until yesterday and I weighed in this morning with a loss, a loss on vacation? Wow!
I'm going to start a new thread in a moment and will post the new link here. For those of you who are new, I usually re-start it when we get to 10 pages so it's easier to download and "fresh".
Will change my tracker and get that done.
Ann, I am so excited to see you back here after all this time. I know you have had your share of issues and I hope we can help you. Melanie has been back from time to time as well, she is living with her in laws and I think it is creating all sorts of issues for her. When you can't cook in your own kitchen and you don't have all that much control over things, it's very hard. Her husband lost his job, so this is the best they can do for now.

derrydaughter 08-13-2009 07:44 AM

Here is the link to the new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...s-journey.html