Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #76  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good Morning everybody....
Linda~ First of all WHAT?!?!?!?!? so you got the green bullitt? I love mustangs...they are such a beautiful piece of machinery,I don't care if it was two toned pee green and poop brown it would still be a beautiful car,though I wouldn't choose that color,it would still be beautiful,lol! Congratulations on your new pony!!! I'm am totally jealous,so do you get to drive it during the week while he's gone? That would make more sense,because he's not driving it anyway and he wouldn't worry about it knowing it's with you....I would keep on him,he'll eventually give in....OH now you can drive it down here to our Carshow the 4th Saturday of every month...go to http://www.somernitescruise.com and check it out...If your DH loves cars the least little bit...I know you guys would enjoy our carshow,it's awesome... And changing the subject here Lyme disease? really don't you get that from ticks? I'll check it out....
well here's my honeydo list today,or for the week actually...take a water sample to the pool place,our water is pretty but cloudy ..buy chemicals they tell me I need..add whatever chemicals to the pool they tell me to, pressure wash the pool deck....buy stain for the pool deck and front porch( we pressure washed the porch 3 weeks ago it needs new stain bad) ...we're having a garage sale this Saturday so, I've gotta go through DS's clothes,and toys...and I gotta go through the rest of the house with a fine tooth comb and just get rid of anything that isn't nailed to the wall or chained to the floor,man you really accumulate alot of crap in just a few short years!!LOL!! plus we're selling our camper,or gonna try to sale it anyway in the garage sale,and we're gonna get a different one,we want a 5th wheel ..I've gotta do some spring cleaning...what else? I think that's about it for the house, for work I've gotta call some people with an esimate on a bedroom comforter set,I don't think they'll like my price, and I have to call a doctor's office and bid a job on some roman shades,they won't like the price either,so maybe all of this is the reason I've bee so bummed, maybe I'm just overwhelmed with everything....well I better get started...blab later...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #77  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

It's a hot one today. My daughter and I have increased our walking at night. We walked for 45 minutes last night. I was feeling good.

Linda nice car, very stylish. I have checked out the bison in our store, I know it's very healthy but it is a bit expensive. I substitute ground turkey instead of beef. That's my plan for today go grocery shopping.

We were at a big BBQ on Saturday and there was a lot of food. I hope I do OK when I weigh in on Wednesday. I want to get my 10% and get under 200. I have 2 lbs to go for my 10%, that may take a couple more weeks. By the end of June I want to be under 200. There I've said it now I have to do it.

Shelbysmom you have a lot on this week. Wish you luck on your yard sale. We have a bunch of stuff I could sell. I usually have big ideas and then end up taking it to a charity store.

I had my 6 month check up with the doctor on Friday. He was pleased with my weight loss and I have to continue what I'm doing. I've to go back in 6 months for the works.

Got to go eat some breakfast and go shopping. Enjoy the day.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #78  

Trysh, his Bullitt is black, they only are making something like 3,000 of these and the black ones are very rare. He'll have fun. We pick it up on Friday afternoon. For now, at least until winter, he is not going to leave his car home for me, but I can always hope. : ) I drive a poopy boring family vehicle, but it does the job. At least on weekends we'll be having fun.

I am down again, this morning I was 159.6. Amazing seeing as I did not watch what I ate yesterday at my quilt guild luncheon. I am not changing my tracker but I was hopeful today.

We had the bison burgers last night. I cooked them on the grille and I was impressed, it takes the same as beef to me. I agree that it is expensive, Clydegirl, but for now I'll give it a shot here and there. Believe it or not, I couldn't find ground chicken or ground turkey at my market this week. I wonder that it is just not all that popular. I have used both before. I find the ground turkey a bit strong in flavor, but it's not terrible.
I'm glad your doctor will be pleased with your weight loss, you have done so well. I am proud of you!

As for me, today is busy but it's not going to be a tempting eating kind of day, just a busy day. I can deal. I'll be doing a bit of grocery shopping at the end of the day and will figure out something "interesting" for dinner.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #79  

Hi all thought I'd drop a line or two before I take another pool sample to the pool place...which reminds me,I bought that vacuum head I told you about....it wasn't 25.00,that stupid thing was 40.00...then I spent almost 50 on chemicals yesterday and today will possibly be another 25,I don't know our water is clearing up but still a little cloudy then also Yesterday I got started on pressure washing the deck,it was so hot out there,Good Lord....this morning I got out there and vacuumed once again,then pressure washed some more untiloDS got up,it's just so difficult to get anything done with him...so anyway somehow while I was pressure washing around the pump I must have got the plug wet and it kicked off now I can't get it to come back on....whew.....so after I get back from the pool place there's nothing I can do till DH gets home for lunch to fix the plug,I can't put any chems in until the water is circulating.....and so I guess I'll clean my yukon out....I need to go grocery shopping...I guess I could do that....I don't know I'll figure it out as I go I guess...LOL....anyway
Linda did you check out that website???you can get emails from them,and they'll keep you informed as to what's going on...OH August is mustang month at the carshow,I can't believe I didn't remember to tell you that yesterday,but anyway,they have a special section marked off for mustangs only...see the past 2 years it's been in May,when we were in Pigeon Forge,so this year we decided to stay in Somerset,and they changed it to August,lol! I think they call it Mustang Alley or something...you guys have got to come down,that would be awesome!!!
Clyde girl~My plate is full and my cup runneth over!!LOL I'll be glad to get it all done and over with...especially the garage sale....today I have to clean my Yukon out....and do some laundry...and finish pressure washing...I've gotta try to get to the grocery,then drop by the fabric store and pick up some samples of fabric for that doc's office...I'll just be glad when it's done..
Well people I guess I better go Oh and I drank 48 ounces of water yesterday,not quite enough but it's a start!! and I feel better today,imagine that.....plus we've been going to the driving range and hitting some golf balls the past few days too....maybe this week I'll be a loser!!! Lord I hope so because I feel light today!!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #80  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Just checking in to say hello. We're getting our first real heatwave of the summer here and hope everyone is staying cool as cucumbers.

Took the kids to an amusement park yesterday and I only ate 8 points the whole time (we were there 8 hours, plus an hour drive each way). And I had so much more energy than when we did this last summer! It was great!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #81  

Heather, where are you? When you say Hoosier in your screen name, I think it must be Indiana? Is that right? You used good self control at the amusement park. Those places are dangerous.
Trysh, I did look at the web site and it reminded me of when we were in FL several years ago, we saw a cruise night that was amazing in Kissimmee (sp?) and it was called something like "Old Town" where we were. What was exciting to us New Englanders was that this was truly a real cruise, the cars paraded and we just don't get that up this way. They have cruise nights, but they all show up and park their vehicles. I don't see my budget allowing a trip down in that direction, or our schedule, but you just never know. Send me the web site again when there are some good Mustang photos, though, I would love to see from afar.

I have to share this youtube video with you:

http://www.youtube.com/user/antishay

I have been watching this young woman and have subscribed to her. This one video really struck me. Her topic is "positive self talk" and what she had to say made so much sense to me.
She's lost a ton of weight and she is a powerhouse of motivation. I love her ideas and this one chat she has is fabulous. You must watch and listen to her.
I love her!

Today is a busy day and there is a food challenge for me in the morning, but I will do my best.
I've been doing better and in the last 8 days have done about 8 miles.... would be nice to average a mile a day for activity. I'm not a powerhouse when it comes to exercise but just doing something makes me feel very accomplished.
This one video made me have such a "can do" attitude.
So, for me today, I say to you all....
I am the person who is doing this, I am the person who has chosen to get on that treadmill and make it happen. I am the person who is making wiser choices day in and day out!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #82  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone! Congratulations Heather, Clydegirl and Linda!!

As for me I have been really bad for the last two days, didn't write in my journal anything and I ate bad choices out of a funk. I was even thinking about not going to my Zumba classes but I'm glad I did, I felt much better afterwards. Today I started writting again and I plan to clean up my act and get back in track.

The weekend was great, on Sunday my husband, my son (very comfortably on the stroller hehe) and I walked to the beach and back for a total of 6.6 miles. We felt it! But it was really good. We are planning on doing it more often.

I need to finish some work, have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #83  
One pound at a time.

Hi girls.

My weigh in today and I am down 2.6lbs. I got my 10%. I was dead chuffed as I didn't think I would lose that much this week.

Renacer good job on that long walk. My youngest and I have been walking more this past week.

Trysh you've been busy with that pool. Did you get it sorted yet?

Linda you always inspire me to make good choices.

Heather I think you got some of the heat we had. Today it's not stopped raining.

Got to go get some work done around the house. Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #84  

Helloooo...my butt is draggin'!! we've worked and worked on the garage sale and right now...it's still not done...I started pricing it yesterday.I was totally dreading that,but I'm about half way through..thank Goodness....I guess I'll try to finish it today...and finish cleaning my Yukon out...I did half of that yesterday......So anyway....lol....
gotta get busy AGAIN and do some laundry...
Linda~ I was going to add you as a friend on facebook but I didn't know how to find ya...I think I like face book better than myspace..it's pretty cool I've got 2 friends already from school...it's pretty awesome..
So anyway I guess I'll go and work....can't wait......
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #85  

Congrats on those losses and accomplishments! You guys are doing it!
Did anyone watch that youtube thing I had the link for? You need to watch it, it's really inspiring.
Trysh, remind me about facebook in a few days or I'll try to remember.
I'm on my laptop up at our lake cabin and I can't do the links on this ____ old computer lately. I need a new laptop really badly!
Today I will breath fresh air. I will do some form of exercise and make healthy choices. I shall be at peace.
Sorry to drag religion into this, but today I have a bible passage on my mind.
Jesus said to someone, a woman who touched his robe I believe, "Go in peace, your faith has made you well."
Today, my faith in God combined with my faith in myself shall bring me comfort and make me well. I shall be free of bad choices and I shall remain committed!
So, sisters, go in peace and let your own faith in whatever it is you have faith in make you well. : )
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #86  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Today's my big day...joining up

Hi girls...I'm back from my short trip,and have made the commitment to join,and my first joining/meeting is in a hr. I'm a little scared/embarased(why do I do this to myself)but also hopeful,and know I need to do it. I've decided my mantra is going to be to 'love myself as much as I love my favorite people'..eh,that's a thoughtI hope to be apart of this community on a regular basis,as well as getting back to the gym. I'm nervous that my slow thyoid which Dr. told me I have,and am on meds for,is going to slow me down to a even slower crawl to the point where I give up. I don't want to get to that point. I know it's not about 'luck', but committment,and follow through..but,eh..wish me luck anyway...Laters,Choices~
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #87  
One pound at a time.

Hi choices. How did your meeting go? There's nothing to be embarassed about, everyone at the meeting is in the same boat as you. Hope you feel better now that you have been to a meeting. I always feel motivated after my weekly meeting.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #88  

Here's a link to my facebook page,
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&id=641573936
Also, you can see a link I put in for my daughter singing there. She's trying out for American Idol next week. Keep your fingers crossed.
Trysh asked for my link. : )
Having an OK day today. I'm feeling tired but good about what I've been eating!
Skinny will be my middle name! I sure hope so!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #89  

Good morning! Quick update this morning.... we're leaving again for our cabin and I have to get ready.
My scale was up this morning... 162.2. Why, oh why, does my weight bouce around so much? I worked out this week, though, perhaps that had something to do with it?
One walk down the road, about a mile
2. miles on treadmill
one toning workout
That was all in the last five days.
Not ready to give up, ready to continue trying!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #90  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Keep trying!!!

I went to WI this morning - down 2.2lbs. I should be happy with that, but I am frustrated. I am SO close to losing all of the baby#3 weight (after which I still have baby#2 and baby#1 weight to lose, but baby steps....). I'm less than 3lbs away now... I really want to get there by next week.

We adopted a dog today! He's a year old basset mixed with we don't know what! He is medium size, big enough for my kids to play with but not so big he's huge. About 40lbs I think. He's such a sweetie! He has been so patient with our children and the only time we've heard him bark all day was when I turned on the vacuum cleaner.
Closed Thread