Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #46  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

We went to the Cardinals game today and I did not make good choices. I had the nachos supreme which I shared with dh. Then had a small ice cream. We're going again tomorrow but we're going to get Subway and our own snacks. Those ballparks are expensive places to eat.

Linda nice loss. I'm not feeling confident this week.

Renacer hope your baby is feeling better.

Good job Choices, get rid of all the candy.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #47  

Trysh, I think that particular diet has been renamed and passed around for about 30 years. One of the reasons it keeps resurfacing is that is does help. I think it helps me regain control, if nothing else. My weekend was not good and I did some damage and am back up to 160.8 today. So, things are not going well for me. I can't seem to stay in control anymore.
Today and the next few days will not be good either as my daughter had all four wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and I'm going to be making some different foods than usual so she can eat and I just don't have time to make certain other things for myself.
By the way, if any of you have any recipes for pureed foods that are tasty and filling, I'd appreciate them. Poor thing! The oral surgeon said that hers were the most impacted she has ever seen. She won't even be able to have solid foods over Memorial Day weekend. I'll need some help if anyone has any ideas. Already, after day 1, she mentioned that she it unhappy as all the soft food choices we've got are pretty sweet. She wants salty choices. I was thinking of making my mother in law's cream of mushroom soup recipe and then putting it in the blender today, at least that tastes fabulous. But, if any of you have any other ideas, let me know.

Choices, welcome! Maryland Crab cakes on WW? Goodness, that sounds interesting. I am not a crab fan, but things like that always sound so good and I am so glad you enjoyed them.

Renacer, You are doing so great and are so motivated. I hope some of that motivation rubs off on me! You go girl! Hope the baby is feeling better. Let us know.

Clydegirl, isn't it sad when you go to places like a ball park and there are so few healthy choices. You want to enjoy the experience but all over the place are those "bad" choices. I wish there were better things available. I often wonder why that isn't so? Yet, on Friday evening, my family chose to go to MacDonald's. I could have had a salad and it was available to me and/or a yogurt parfait. They DO truly offer things like that, but I didn't do that. Who was to blame? Not MacDonald's, but myself. We were on the run on our way away for the weekend and running late. If we took time to make dinner at home or stop in some really nice place, we would have been later and my DH had to arrive before daylight was lost. So, the drive through was what we did and we ate in the car while driving. I'm not proud of it, but did think I should share with you all.
I could have chosen better things, those things were there for me to choose. I didn't.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #48  

Height: 5'7.5"

Smile Not to worry Linda

You and your daughter are going to be fine,and will survive this bump in the road...Just ride it out,and do what's in your best interest. This may not be a helpful suggestion,but when I had babies,I loved the 'share' the baby food fruit in the little jars...'one for you,one for mommy'..I'd go with that,and please don't be so hard on yourself kiddo. You can do this! Choices~
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #49  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

How soft do her foods have to be? Mashed sweet potatoes are good, or mashed regular potatoes, but maybe they need to be totally runny? That's tough. I guess you could puree anything really - wouldn't be too attractive but it's possible! I have friends who have portable food mills and they puree whatever they're eating and give it to their babies.

I'm just back from a five day vacation to Florida. I got totally and completely off plan! But I planned to, if that makes sense. This morning I was up 2.5lbs over last week, but I have 2 days left til WI day and I hope to at least break even. Or at least close. I'm totally OP today, under my points by 7 and it's 8:17 pm so I should be okay. I worked out twice today and plan to do that again tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!

Linda, sorry to read about your daughter's surgery, I wish her the best. Right now I can't think of any recipes other than mashed potatoes and maybe with a twist of pumpkin ( I also add some yuca root to it) What type of food does she like? Maybe a butternut squash soup which you can make either salty or sweet depending on how she feels. If I think of anything else I let you know.

Oh, and I fell of the wagon. I don't know what is going on, I reached my 10 pounds loss and I started eating things that I shouldn't. I need to get back in track. It helps that we went to the beach today since my husband was off from work and I hated the pics that he took of me, it's sad.

Clydegirl, thanks! He's much better now.

Last edited by Renacer; 05-19-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #51  

Good morning!
Thanks, Choices, we're getting by!
Heather, runny was yesterday's thing. I managed and did a few creative things. I'm afraid I wasn't anywhere close to being on program, but I just can't bother as I have to worry about her situation. My blender is my best friend right now.
I pureed corn chowder that I bought at our local diner yesterday for her, she loved it and then I made my MIL's homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe for dinner and then pureed her portion.
Also took leftover scalloped potatoes and pureed those with added chicken broth and made her kind of a cream of potato soup for breakfast yesterday. She did OK.
She looks terrible, so swollen and bruised as if she were badly beaten up. My poor baby! I hope she wakes up feeling and looking better today. We shall see. I also purchased the teeny tiny alphabet pasta to cook for her when she starts to be able to go to something not quite runny. Maybe tonight, we'll see?

Renacer, it seems that every time I reach a monumental goal I then blow it for a few weeks. I have taken note in years of WW meeting how many others seem to do that as well. I think the concerted effort it takes us to reach a certain goal ends with a relaxation afterwards and the mind seems to play tricks on us. We relax and say, well just this one thing as a reward and that leads to a "celebration" where all the old habits seem to sneak in quite readily. I've been there and I kind of am there.
Last night, I got angry at myself and kind of said to myself that I need to get back on track and, especially, start up some kind of exercise again. I'm just not a great exercise person, truly. I hate it and even when I was a teen, I did everything I could to get our of gym class. Now, as an adult, I find every excuse to not do something.
I was going to try some gardening, maybe, to see if that makes me get in shape better, but I have to face facts that I don't like getting dirty, don't like heat/humidity and don't like, especially, bugs. So, maybe that is not for me either. I wish I had a pool to swim in regularly, that would be nice, but I don't. So, I need to just bite the bullet and do something for myself.
I didn't win the lottery, either, so I can't build myself a big house with an exercise room and hire that personal trainer to come by a few times a week and "force" me into a work out. So, it's up to me!
Shall we all try to post here at least one tiny activity we did each day?
For awhile, I was challenging myself to do a certain number of sit ups and things like that per day and then I fell off the wagon with that. Perhaps we need to post here more about what we have done! I'm up for it!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #52  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good Morning everybody....
Sounds like everybody's in the same boat as I am and paddling like crazy...I haven't weighed in 2 weeks....in fact I am scared to death to find out.....this weekend we're going camping here locally..my and DH's motto.."I camp, therefore I eat"......... so pray for me because i haven't been good at all the past like 10 days......and this weekend,starting tonight maybe because we're taking the camper down there,but I don't know if we're staying,but definitely tomorrow night,Lord I almost kinda dread it........but anyway,I gotta go to Wally World today and get groceries and everystuff,really dread that....I wish you guys could go shopping with me today and help me make some healthy choices,then go camping with me.....I think we all would have the best time together!! Linda they have a huge indoor pool...you could swim all weekend!!
we're going to play cornhole,horseshoes...we're taking our golfcart and drive over to the golf driving range...so there'll be some exercise involved this weekend!!LOL!!.......and it's set up perfect for walking down there....alot of circles to walk around!!I guess I better go..I gotta get the camper loaded...thank goodness I washed yesterday...but gotta clean it up inside today.....talk at ya'll later!!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #53  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

My weigh in day. No idea what I will be on the scales at the meeting. I will be happy to stay the same.

We went to the game on Sunday and instead of buying food there we went to Subway and took chips. Much cheaper and low in points.

Linda I have 2 soup recipes I will post. Both are very good and low in points your daughter might like them.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #54  
One pound at a time.

Butternut Squash Soup

2tbsp butter
1 small onion
1 stalk celery
1 medium carrot
2 medium potatoes
1 medium buttercup squash
1 32 fluid ounce container chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

Chop all the vegetables. I usually add more than what is called for in the recipe.

Melt the butter and cook the vegetables for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Pour in enough of the stock to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.

Blend until smooth. I use a hand held blender, whatever you have.

Return to pot and mix in any remaining stock to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.

It's very creamy and delicious. I can get 6 servings out of it, approx 3 points per serving.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #55  
One pound at a time.

Red Lentil Soup With Lemon.

3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
pinch of ground chili powder or cayenne, more to taste
1 quart chicken stock
1 cup red lentils
1 large carrot, I always add more carrots
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tbsp chopped frsh cilantro

In a large pot heat olive oil over high heat until hot and shimmering. Add onion and garlic, ans saute until golden, about 4 minutes.

Stir in tomato paste, cumin, salt, black pepper and chili powder or cayenne, and saute for 2 minutes longer.

Add broth, 2 cups water, lentils and carrot. Bring to a simmer, then partially cover pot and turn heat to medium low. Simmer until lentils are soft, about 30 minutes. Taste and add salt if necessary.

Use an immersion or regular blender, puree half the soup then add it back to pot. Soup should be somewhat chunky. I never blend it, I like the consistnecy it is before blending.

Reheat if necessary , then stir in lemon juice and cilantro.

The cilantro gives it a wonderful flavour.

The recipe says to drizzle with olive oil but I never put oil on when serving.

This is my favourite soup. Low in points about 3 points per serving. I get about 6 servings.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #56  
One pound at a time.

Just got back home from the weigh in and lunch.

I was down 0.8lb that was a pleasant surprise.

My friend and I went to Olive Garden for lunch. I had one breadstick and one bowl of soup with salad. I practised some self control as usually I would have at least 2 breadsticks and 2 bowls of soup.

My middle daughter is graduating on Friday from high school. I have been trying on so many clothes trying to find something to wear. No success. I have an outfit I wore when my husband retired from the Air Force 2 years ago so I think I will wear that. It's been a hectic week.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #57  

Cldyegirl, firstly thanks so much for those recipes, they sound so good!
I hope, especially, to try that lentil one.

Congratulations on your loss, no matter how small a loss is a very good thing. I hope to get back to meetings next week when all the hectic crazy times are over with.
I also have to get back into journaling, I've been taking this little vacation from program and I know it's not good.
But, each day is a fresh beginning and I have to keep trying.
Why does my commitment come and go?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #58  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

I am happy to say I've been OP for three days now. I got totally off for about 10 days! My husband graduated, his family was in town, then right after that we went on vacation, and I just did horribly. At least on vacation we biked and walked and swam a lot. But I ate a lot of crap.

I think I have shed the 2.5lbs I gained during my 10 day hiatus, and I am going to WI tomorrow morning.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #59  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

I was pleasantly surprised today at the mtg - down 1 lb! Wooot! I was up 2.5 when we got back from vacation, but I ate so well and worked out HARD 2x a day for the last 3 days and I shed those 2.5 plus another 1.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #60  

Height: 5'7.5"

Waaaaaaaaaaaay to go Heather! That's bouncing back!
Closed Thread