Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #31  

Walking to Sunday meeting is a great idea, you'll be feeding your spirit and walking away the affects of too much feeding on the other end! : )

This morning is a town-wide yard sale day the next town over from me. I plan to head out in a little while. I'll be moving and walking all morning, but at a leisurely pace. Much better than staying home and just sitting.

I also hope to engineer tonight's "date night" (we eat out on Sat. evenings for the most part) to a place where I can be on program better. It is Mother's Day weekend and I should be able to make the pick this week, I hope!

I am going to start a new journal today and I hope to keep up with it. I've been straying off plan a great deal and hope I can get myself in gear. Sometimes times like this happen with me, temptation gets the better of me and I have no explanation. I just know I need to do better.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #32  

Well, today is a new day and I blew it again yesterday.
I am ashamed to even be here. What was I thinking? What do I truly want for myself?
I need to just stop being a jerk and get on track.
I have no excuses.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #33  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Linda you're not a jerk. You had one bad day.

Did you start your new journal? That might help you feel better about yourself.

We just had chinese for Mother's Day. I ordered the steamed chicken with mushrooms. No salt, no sauce, no cholesterol, no taste I had to add some sauce to it. Plus there is a bunch left for tomorrow's lunch. I will have to stir fry it.

Hope everyone had a nice day.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #34  

Thanks, Clydgirl. I've been so off track and no I didn't start my new journal. Today I will, I promise myself.
It's been more than one bad day, it's been two bad weeks to confess the truth.
I have two "good" things going on today, though. Firstly, I am getting my thyroid (and cholesterol) tested and going to get blood drawn this morning.
Secondly, I am going grocery shopping, I hope to buy lots of healthy choices and really get back into my groove.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

I was bad, VERY bad last night...Need to get back in track today.

Linda - You can do it!

Have a wonderful day everyone, the sun is here today yey!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good Morning evrybody.. I hope everybody had a good mommy's day!!! we drove over to Cookeville,TN to Outback Saturday afternoon with some friends,went to the Harley store there also...had a pretty good time...and I did pretty good with the meal....which DH and I always split a steak anyway... plus I had a salad,so I was pretty happy with myself....I didn't weigh Friday though,because last week was a bad week...it really should have been a good week with DH out of town...but I believe I ate more....what's up with that? and he's supposed to be gone again this week,and I so dread it....
well I guess I'll go gotta get ready for work.........
Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #37  

Today is a new beginning for me. I decided to pull an old trick out of a hat, so to speak. Have you all heard of the "Lose 10 pounds in 3 days" fad diet that kicked around about 20 years or so. It used to be called The American Heart Association Diet at that point in time.
Here is a link to it:
http://www.lose10pounds.org/3days/01.htm

Here is yet another link to it:

http://www.cyber-shack.net/Diets/3DayAHADiet.htm

I decided to go on this diet for just three days to re-boot my weight loss. I've been floundering. Quite honestly, getting back on a program, any kind of program feels good.
I can take anything for just three days.
I've used this particular diet before usually every few years or so. It's supposed to make you lose 10 pounds in 3 days, but I find it more like about 4 pounds to be honest. But, it's almost a guaranteed loss, no matter what you do. But, you must be strict and you need to stick to it and not cheat at all. If you cheat, the chemical reaction of the specific foods won't work.
So, this morning I began.
Just to keep myself "honest" I am actually journaling. I'm taking my multivitamin and calcium supplements just the same as well.
I understand the military uses this diet too from time to time if people have a weight goal to reach for certain kinds of duty.
I do not recommend it on a regular basis, but from time to time I have pulled it out, dusted it off and used it.
By the end of there days, I hope to have dropped a few pounds and be back to where I should have been all along before I blew it and went off program for the last few weeks.
I then plan to get right back on program and continue my efforts.
I feel so positive today, I really do. I'm determined!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #38  

Had a really hard time getting on this web site today and I take note that our trackers are not showing up. Hope all is well.
Today is day 2 of my kick start, kick butt three day diet.
I hope it gets me back on track, I feel good about it and it's only for three days and I hope it's a cleansing thing so I will be back to this journey full force.
I hope to get to a WW meeting on Thursday evening after the three days are over with and then be a "good girl" and stay on program for awhile.
Detours happen on many a trip, so I guess I was on a detour, but I want to be back with my GPS/road map - which is the WW program.
Every now and then I lose my way.
What are you doing to get yourself on track today?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #39  
One pound at a time.

Linda I am going to my meeting this morning. That always motivates me for the next week.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #40  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi! I've been an in-and-outer on this site for years, and am back for the summer, I hope. I restarted last September, lost about 30 pounds, and then had a series of ... difficulties. Major surgery, threat of job loss, elderly mothercare. My world seems to have stopped spinning helplessly out of control, and I can focus on weight loss again. I was stunned, and very happy, to find, when i stepped on the scale Monday, that I'm nearly the same weight as I was when I last posted -- 278 (up 1 from 277).

I'm doing WW online for the time being. I have to be out of town a lot on my regular meeting day (and I like that leader). Just getting back into the groove of it, shopping, planning menus. I want to focus on eating more fruits and vegetables. I always left them to last; I've now planned a week of menus with them as the focus.

Good to see you all again!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #41  
One pound at a time.

Dang it I stayed the same.

Went shopping and bought a lot of fresh fruit and veg. Now I have to make sure I get a loss next week. The funny thing is my clothes are much looser and I'm wearing things I've not fitted into for months.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #42  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

happy wednesday to ya'll and I hope you guys are doing great...me....I'm miserable...TOM is visiting and I wish it would leave!!LOL!!
Linda~ I did that diet several years ago and at first I remember thinking...ugh beets...ugh grapefruit....what?!?! a 1/2 of a cantalope?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?!? but the coolest and strangest part of the diet was I got to have ice cream for dessert,hate vanilla,but still,it was weird considering you couldn't have cream in your coffee or sugar...and to be honest I can't remember what I lost in fact I don't think we had any scales at the time,but I only lasted the one week.....anyway the version I had, and it was the exact same diet, was called the Cleveland diet...it's funny that you posted it because a few weeks ago I was cleaning up my computer desk and found the 3 or 4 copies I had made,and I actually thought about trying it again at the time....but since forgot about it until you posted it...I had gotten it from my cousins who live in Toledo Ohio and they both were big,but really tall,and both of them stayed on it for weeks she lost like 70 lbs and he lost 80 or 85 lbs...of course they gained it back...surprise,surprise........
but you're right it would be something to hold on to to do a couple times a year or whatever for special occasions,like for me...this weekend on the 16th my niece is getting married and I feel like I weigh now what i did a year ago,because I'm so bloated,and I'm eating everything in sight and drinking(coke) I know shame shame everybody knows my name,right?but I tend to do this every few months and get this I don't care tude but pick up where I left off a week before...so I'm not bad worried yet.....yet........did I say yet,yet? anyway I'm cramping and i better go cause that usually means the river is overflowing......
Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #43  

Welcome Xan!
Just on the run, so much to do but I did want to say I am down to 158.4 this morning, 2.8 pounds gone in three days. Not as good as I was hoping for but still a good thing. I blew it by mid-day yesterday, was so hungry, and I am sure it could have been a bigger loss if I had stuck with it. I was just climbing the walls, though.
Will post more soon, I am really swamped. Miss you guys, though. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #44  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Morning (afternoon) everyone~

Hey! the sun is out over here,Yipee Thats enough to get me excited...I tried a new recipe from the WW cookbook last night called MARYLAND CRAB CAKES,and they were yummy. If anyone wants the recipe let me know,and I'll post it. I have not officially joined the meetings yet,and I do hope that I can still come here and 'talk',and share with you all. I did call WW,and got some cost info. nothing that we havn't already discussed tho. My gut is telling me to wait until the last of the month when I'll be back from my trip,and before the June deal is over with. I'll go for it then. I know from experience that being on the road is not good for the healthiest food choices,so I'll just 'cool my jets' as far as food goes,and start when i'm home. I just cleaned out my cubboard of all the no no foods,and donated them. I had DH take the candy (was a gift) out to the garage for him to chomp on..,and doing some of the little things I can do to encourage myself. You all help ALOT! Have a healthy weekend..Choices~
Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #45  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Great job choices!! You know what works better for you for sure, hope you enjoy your trip.

Linda - YEY!! Those are 2.8 pounds less, keep going!

As for me, the Zumba class yesterday was really intensive. The instructor had some routine that she called "boot camp" and we worked our *** off. Today I feel it all over my body and I love it! Baby has been sick with high fevers so he has been home with me for the last three days, at least I'm behaving and not getting anxious letting food to take over my head. I'll catch up with work over the weekend since my husband is off on weekends.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Closed Thread