Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
Renacer my son had an ear surgery & tube (he was born with a deformity inside his ear canal which they repaired, then placed the tube) when he was just under two years old. It only took like 15 minutes, but was the longest fifteen minutes of my life.

I was down a pound today, hooray! That makes 7 lbs since I started six weeks ago.
It's like torture, I'm always a positive person but I guess the fear is always there. How is your son doing since then? I've heard other positive stories and that helps me, I know it's for his own benefit and I know he'll be much better and ready to enjoy the summer and life in general.

And congratulations! I couldn't go to my meeting today but I'll go tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysmom View Post
TGIF!!!!
Renacer~I've been thinking about your little feller all day...just stay positive..it seems like now adays ear tubes are getting more and more common,my DD is 10 now but when she was a baby all the way up till 4...she had one ear infection after another,and finally the summer before she started preschool the doctor was treating her for another ear infection and told me to bring her back in 2 weeks and if it wasn't any better that she would have to have tubes,well school had done already started by her 2 week check up and when I took her to the doc she was fine and hasn't had an ear infection since...I thought that was so weird...and DS he was on antibiotic the first month of his life for ear infections....and has had a few since,and he'll be 26 months tomorrow,it's just really hard when it's your baby and I totally agree with ya,when they hurt or get sick you do wish you could trade places with them,which is one reason why I used about 5 clorox wipes on my shopping cart this morning at kroger before I started shopping I even wiped mine and DS hands off too...the swine flu kinda has me a little worried...
Hoosier~ Alright on your lb weight loss!!!way to go!!!!!!!!!!...unfortunately I was 194 again.....blah...I'll do better next week!!
well I guess I better go I have taters to get in the oven,we're cooking out tonight and dad is coming over....we're having steak and chicken....twice baked taters,steamed broccolli,and garlic cheddar biscuits...I know way fattening some of it but I'm gonna load up on the broccolli and chicken!!LOL!! so I won't eat more than 1 biscuit,I love garlic cheddar biscuits,one of my weaknesses!!!
Thanks! I've heard of so many kids having it and the well that they do after the surgery. My baby has been so congested since birth and it never improved with the warm weather, since September/08 he has been having one ear infection after the other and has been in so many antiobiotics that I couldn't take it anymore, he also snores like an old man Also, all this is holding back a MRI that he needs because he was diagnosed with congenital scoliosis and kidney hydronephrosis...A long journey in such a short time but he is my little warrior.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #17  

Dear friends, Just true confessions here... I feel off the wagon this week. I need to get back in control today.
I feel bad, but I know these things happen.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter View Post
Dear friends, Just true confessions here... I feel off the wagon this week. I need to get back in control today.
I feel bad, but I know these things happen.
I feel you, I'm up 1 pound this week. I saw it coming since I haven't being doing any exercise at all and I've been eating things that I shouldn't (my husband brought home GS coockies, Samoas,). With my son's surgery approaching I know that's why I was out of focus, I CAN'T do that.

On the other hand I'm glad I wasn't able to go yesterday to my weight in, I went today to the 9am meeting and it was wonderful. I talked to people and they are starting a walking group on Sundays afternoon, also they go to Zumba classes during the week. I also liked the leader, I'm changing to Sundays.

So what do you think? Let's do it together? Let's jump right in into that wagon before it leaves!!!

What are your plans to get back in track?

*I will go shopping for some things that I'm missing that way I can stay OP for the week.
*I will do exercise on my home bike like I did the week I lost 4.8 pounds.
*I will join the Zumba classes next Tuesday and thinking about joining Thursdays too.
*I will join the group for the walks on Sundays.

We can do it!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #19  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

My son is doing fine now, Renacer. His tube was in for 13 months, then it fell out. He has had 2 ear infections in the last 18 months, but I think that's kind of normal - both times it happened after he'd had a cold for a week or two. His speech is all caught up too.

derry - I've totally slacked off lately as well. I am glad I have today, Tues, and Wed before my meeting day on Thursday to try and repair some of my damage. I'm already out of WPA and so it's really important that I stay on track! Also we're going to be out of town for 9 days this month (2 different trips) so that's going to be a challenge. I need to be really on plan at home in case things get tricky on vacation!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #20  

At least I'm here again two days in a row.
I wrote down what I ate for about half the day and today I hope to really be on track 100%. I slipped and fell and picked myself up again.
I just enjoyed a break from the regimentation, I guess. That is a way to put it. I just didn't care and didn't want to stay on track and I didn't. I'm not proud of that, but I recognize that in this very long journey of mine there are just going to be times like this.
I have a special 4 day trip coming up for my 25th wedding anniversary in late June, for example. To be honest, I have no intention of behaving myself during that time period. But, when I get back, I intend to make up for it.
I guess this past week was kind of like that, but I don't have a really big excuse. I could have been lots and lots worse and the old me would have been. So, I guess I can be proud of that, at least.

Goal for today:

Write down everything and try to recreate what I did eat yesterday in writing. Stick with healthy choices and try to contend with my "sweet tooth". I have a serious sweet craving thing going on and I am not sure why.

By the way, I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought this package of 2 microwaveable pancakes that are 100 calories, 2 points for the two of them. I have sugar free syrup and I may have those for breakfast today. That sounds interesting and it might help to satisfy my sweet tooth issues a bit?

Do you all have ideas for things that are "safe" that satisfy cravings for sweet things? What are they?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi everybody....what a day,what a day....... I started a canvas job yesterday and by this evening I was already wishing I had it all done,usually I don't do that until after about a week into the project...and I totally screwed up this evening diet wise.....and I have so got to make up for that tomorrow....... so I guess we're all kinda in the same boat today...+ I am so tired...I went and bought me another tan package today...I thought I was through with tanning for the season but, we've had constant,constant, constant rain for over a week and still have more to come until Saturday...anyway I'm trying to lose my tan..lol..so I had to go back...another 35.00... I didn't have to do it I reckon,but I love going to tanning bed.....and next week I'm getting my hair did!!,on the 16th my niece is getting married and I wanted to look good,or feel good atleast..lol..and I think DH is paying for that for me Mother's day...he asked me what he was going to get me...and so I told him I had a few ideas....so I told him jewelry,a fossil wallet,or he could pay for my perm...and he chose the perm...ya know that's the one thing I hate about being with someone for longer than 5 years,nothing is a surprise anymore...it's always "what do you want this year?" what happened to the imagination? though last year he asked me what I wanted and I told him,but he come home with something off the wall,a palm tree,LOOOOVE PALM TREES,but it was real and I eventually killed it....and I told him he owed me another mother's day present,because he knows how I am with live plants...lol!!!so who knows what he'll do this year....and his birthday is the 30th of this month and I have no idea what to get him,so I really have no room to complain.....but I will be getting him some kind of tool...I think......
Well I guess I'll go..... MIL is here helping DD with her room,it's a mess and I will not help her clean it,well you don't "help" per say you do it all your self and we do this like 3 times a year and it always gets in the same mess....DD is the laziest thing I tell ya but I love her anyway
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #22  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

derry how did your day end up? back on track?

I feel really good about yesterday and today. If I can have a really good day tomorrow, I think I have a shot at a good weigh-in on Thursday. I did two sessions of exercise today - walked in my neighborhood this morning, and then did 25 min on the elliptical at the gym in the afternoon. And stayed within my points.

My downfall time is the time between putting the kids to bed and when I go to bed! Anyone else struggle with this? I have a snack... and then I want more. And more. And sometimes I can't stop myself. I get in this weird trance, sounds crazy, but it kind of feels like that. A big bowl of cereal. A handful of turkey pepperoni. Some cheese cubes. Five strawberries. A cookie. And then before I know it, I've consumed 10 points when I only had two left. It sucks.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #23  

I wasn't completely on program yesterday, but I still wrote down about 3/4 of it all, will go back and fill in the blanks this morning.
I mentioned that I've not been feeling all that well lately and I finally did break down and go to the doctor's yesterday. Both ears are infected and I also have a sinus infection. I knew something wasn't right. I have antibiotics now and hopefull will take a turn for the better today? Not feeling well makes it harder to stay on track for me. I hope that I'll be more myself and be able to control myself in the upcoming few days.
Certainly haven't been up for exercise and I hope to get back into that pattern as well.
Trysh, I hope you enjoy a bit of mother's day pampering. My family hasn't always been very responsive to Mother's Day, but maybe they will surprise me this year? You never know.
Well, I hope you all have a great "on program" day! I'm going to really give it a try.
Take care,
Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 AM   #24  

Heather~That's kinda what I did yesterday when I was fixing dinner for the kids....I planned on just having my special K...but it was shot all to you know what.......I have got to get a hold of my self,and start taking this more serious...I really wish we all lived next door to eachother..lol!!
well today is just another day......another day of rain....I'm starting to feel like I live in Seattle...good grief...anyway I'll go gotta get ready for work I just had to say something when I saw your post Heather....Hey before I go...I just heard on the news that today is "NO DIET DAY" has anybody ever heard of that?.......doesn't matter I guess,I have alot of no diet days here lately,especially yesterday...lol....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #25  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

My weigh in and I was down 0.8. I was happy with that.

My friend and I went out for lunch today to a new Vietnamese restaurant that opened here. It was delicious and so healthy. I had the chicken soup with vermicelli and vegetables. Very filling and not high in points. We will be going back there.

Another dreary day. It's been a strange spring so far.

Linda hope you feel better. Ear infections can make you feel lousy.

Renacer hope your son is all right after his surgery.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #26  

Thanks!

He's doing fine, not even pain medicine and he's sleeping all night.

Linda, I hope you feel better.

I went to the Zumba classes last night, I liked it even that I was kind of lost. It really make you sweat, will go back tomorrow.

Last edited by Renacer; 05-06-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #27  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

I've been tempted to try Zumba, but I'm so intimidated! I'm afraid I'd be a doofus standing out among all these lithe, coordinated people.

I was down 2.0 lbs today at WI -yay! That was my goal for the week. I hope I can stay OP this weekend. We're going out of town for DH's graduation. Then next week we're only home 2 days then we turn around and go to Florida.

Oh and my little personal tracker book got wet, and the back cover (the page with the points finder/points booster) fell off! It's drying on the counter now and I'll have to try and tape it when it dries.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #28  

TGIF!!!!
What is zumba anyway???? I've never heard of it.......
Clydegirl~ The vietnamese sounds awesome!!! If those people can cook like they do nails, it's gotta be good...LOL....
Heather~ on your 2 lb weightloss!!! You're doing awesome!! I'm so proud... As for me I am so starting over.....I don't know what's wrong with me I just need a good swift kick........... I'm totally getting away from my diet....I won't even tell ya what I ate yesterday...awful.... but I did have that new grilled chicken from KFC...awesome....and so good..
Linda~ Hope you feel better...I don't like being sick....but look on the bright side...atleast it wasn't the swine flu......right? Well I guess I'll go it's storming pretty good here right now,lightning and LOUD thunder......then we have another coming through this evening....can't wait.........it's not like we haven't had rain for a really long time.............sheesh
Old 05-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #29  

Renacer, glad to read your son is doing OK. That is a relief!
I hope Paige gets back to us with an update on her brother soon.

I'm feeling a bit better, the antibiotics are kicking in. I had a really busy day yesterday and my daughter is now home for summer from college. This "year" sure went by quickly. I've missed her and I am glad to have her home. I'll have to plan meals a bit more again and she is also trying to lose weight. It was very hard for her in college as the cafeteria there didn't have many healthy choices.
We're going to get her a lesser priced meal plan next year so she can use the microwave in the dorm and do some things on her own. She loves those chocolate vitamuffins. Have you all had those?
I'm glad to be feeling a bit better, maybe my stamina will be better and I'll be able to sneak in a bit of activity soon. Ear infections are nasty and when you combine that with a sinus infection, you really have virtually no energy.
Glad to be rejoining the land of the living.
I know my weight is up after laying low and being so sick, and I will tackle that really soon!

A small challenge:
Name one healthy thing you will do for yourself over the weekend!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #30  

Heather - I've been pretty much out of shape myself, I used to dance when I was younger but with all this past years of laziness I lost my rythm and coordination. In the class there's every type of people and shapes, even the instructor isn't skinny at all but she can move so good and her energy level is amazing. I, personally, get bored at gyms and dancing is a good way to pump me up. You can always start in the back of the room like I did. And congrats on that weightloss!

Shelbysmom - Zumba is like aerobics but inspired by Latin dance...You do aerobics and dance to the rythm of salsa, calypso, rumba, hip -hop, merengue, samba, cumbia, etc,etc. Also our instructor combines some Pilates with it and we work with the bands, the last 15 minutes is a non-stop hip-hop routine. For me it's a lot of fun and makes you sweat!

Linda - Glad to read that you are feeling better, those infections can be awful at times. That's so nice about your daughter being home, maybe you guys can make a tag team and help each other out? I wish I had someone close to me in the same journey.

As for the small challenge: I will walk to my Sunday meeting and *try* to stay on plan during the evening since we are going for Mother's Day dinner with my husband's family.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!!! Let's try to stay OP
Closed Thread