Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 09:04 PM   #1  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING Countdowners

Welcome to any who want to join us on this walk to thin. We are a group that comes here to post what is happening in our lives and give support to those here and receive support also. It is a wonderful support group to be in during this time of our lives.

ANGIE congratulations on that weight loss. I know you are so very happy to have done that and to be back on track once more.

Make promises for just a day at a time. It's not as hard to stay OP "just for today."

It is a beautiful day coming on here at 50 degrees already this morning. Have a great OP day all ya'll.

Maggie sipping Hazelnut coffee through a straw in Tennessee

------------------
DON'T EXCHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT
Old 02-21-2001, 03:25 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! It's a beautiful sun shiny day here in the north. I went and got a long overdue haircut and perm today. I feel better. DH is out of town so I'm teasing him about getting all my hair cut off while he's gone. He likes my hair better when it's longer. Men, bah humbug!

I have gotten into the peanut butter cups again. Now they're all gone so I can be on my best behavior for the rest of the week. I still have some cabbage soup in my fridge so lunch will be taken care of for a couple of days. Maybe I can ditch the 'sugar devil' and get back with the program.

Guess I'll let you go. Love to all.

Thinthinker/Geri in Michigan

Don't let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dream.
Old 02-21-2001, 03:45 AM   #3  
Makin_it

Well it's WI for me tonight... have my fingers crossed for a good one.

Geri, for you it's Peanut Butter Cups for me it was the pizza on sunday, had way too many pieces, just couldn't shut my mouth.

Maggie - 50 degrees...I'm jealous

Angie - way to go, I remember my first weigh in so well. Best day of my life because that was the day, I knew I could do this forever!

Have a nice night everyone.

Brenda

[This message has been edited by canadian (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 04:30 AM   #4  
Dying to be thin

Good Evening Everyone. Thanks for all the support! It makes me want to work hard this week. I finally got the treadmill inside. Yesterday I walked a mile and also today. Makes me feel good about myself. It gives me energy.

Geri- We all have those days. Tomorrow is a new day! I am glad you got to get your hair done..It should make you feel really good!

Canadian- I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!! Let us know how you did.

Maggie- Nice to hear from you. I also wish we had 50 degrees weather although I shouldn't complain because we got up to 43 today.

Talk to you all soon.

Angie
267.6/261.2/241.6 10%
Old 02-21-2001, 07:10 PM   #5  
Makin_it

Good Morning:

Down 1.5 (YES!)
My total points for the week were too high,(331) my body was being very nice to me. This week mid points range each and every day. Total weight loss - 78 (again)... my journey continues.

Angie - thanks for the crosses fingers and toes and keep that treadmill going kiddo.

have a great OP day everyone.

[This message has been edited by canadian (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 08:49 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Happy Wednesday! It is frigid cold here. Gotta dress warm. I really thought winter was over but maybe we'll get another burst of it. After all, Easter isn't here yet! Heck, not that Easter in Michigan means the cold weather is over either. Summer is actually only 2 days in July. Trouble is sometimes we can't figure out which two!

Brenda: 1.5# down! Woohoo! Good Job! Guess that pizza wasn't that awful. But I have to ask you. When you feel like you didn't do well and you lose, don't you think to yourself, 'wow, I wonder how much I would have lost if I didn't have that last piece?' I know I do and it makes me crazy. Why can't we just be happy and move on? Anyway, way to go, girlfriend. Keep up the good work. I hope my peanut butter cups turn out that well!

Angie: Good job on the treadmill. Now you're cookin'. I wish I could get into the excercise thing, I know I would do so much better. I have an Air Walker in the basement, but there's so much junk down there I couldn't get to it if I wanted to.

Well it's off to lunch with my long lost foster sister. Oh, I didn't tell you guys. When my dad passed, my foster sister's daughter saw the death notice in the paper and she called me. I haven't seen her in about 9 years. It is really nice to re-connect. I'm an only child and when I was a kid, my folks took in foster children and this 'sister' and one other were with us the longest. The 'other' sister I see all the time, but this one it has been awhile so I'm really excited that she contacted me.

Guess I'll let you go. Love to all.

Thinthinker in Michigan

Food eaten in secret will be worn in public.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:56 PM   #7  

Hi gang! The sun is shining this morning and it looks like spring, but I heard it's only supposed to be 10 degrees F. today.

thinthinker: Glad to hear you had yourself a "makeover". I always feel like a new woman when I get a new 'do. I haven't done that in a long time, though. I've been growing my hair long. Hubby doesn't like it. I haven't decided if I want to cut "for him" or if I want to leave it long to spite him LOL. It's never been this long before. If I get it cut, I'll be sure it's long enough to donate to Locks of Love. Love peanut butter cups, too. Why can't the healthy stuff be that good? From PB cups to cabbage soup - now that's going from one extreme to another.

canadian: A 1.5 loss is great. Keep going, girlfriend.

hannahntigger: Glad to see someone is on the treadmill. (Unlike me.) Hey, I THINK about it. LOL

This morning I did what I'll call an amazing thing (at least for me). Between TOM and daughter's 18th B'day, I ate some good meals and some not-so-good meals. This morning the remaining B'day cake was calling my name. I cut a piece and as always, I ate the cake part first and left the frosting for last. I stuck my fork into the frosting and looked at it long and hard. I thought about how I didn't really need it. I thought about how awful I'd feel later (both tummy-wise and guilt-wise). I stood up, walked over to the wastebasket, and dumped the frosting in. I felt victorious. I did finish drinking my glass of 1/2% milk. I feel the calcium in the milk (that I seriously need) far outweighs any calories or fat that is there.

Now I have to talk myself into using the treadmill. Another mind game. LOL

May you all have the strength and determination to make it another OP day.

Love,
2oM
Old 02-22-2001, 04:53 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi 2ofMe: I guess it's just you and me today. Congrats on your victory. I actually had one today too. I went back to Walmart to return a shirt I had bought yesterday with the PB cups. It was all I could do not to walk through the candy aisle and get 2 more bags. I think it was because my mom was with me and I would have been ashamed to buy them. Hey, whatever it takes, I guess. Maybe I should take her everytime I go to buy more water.

Gotta go make dinner.

Old 02-22-2001, 06:33 AM   #9  

Hi everyone,

It's been over a week since I've been here. Last week was a really rough week at work and I'm getting my breath back this week, and slowing down a little.

I still check in just haven't taken the time to chat. Glad to see your all still here.

Brenda-congratulations on the loss, you've done so well, 78 lbs. is fantastic.

I don't have time tonight to post a lot, but I'll be back soon.

I did well this week, after two weeks of only losing 1/4 lb. each week after staying OP the whole time I was kind of discouraged but I stayed OP again this last week and dropped 4 lbs. so I'm pleased. Why is it so hard to be patient? I want a big drop each week and it's just not going to happen, it's unrealistic, and unhealthy. So my goal right now is to be patient with myself, and with the scale, and focus on more on the way I feel when I'm in control, I love that feeling.

Hope your all doing well, we'll talk soon. Take Care.

Macy

275/254/247.5 10% OP since 1-2-01
Old 02-22-2001, 10:17 AM   #10  
Dying to be thin

Good evening everyone..I just got done watching the grammy's and I figured I would jump on the computer before heading to bed.
Everything has been going good here..I walked a mile yesterday and a mile and 1/4 on my treadmill. My hubby and daughter cheered me on as I sweated..lol They are so supportive! The only bad thing about this week so far is that I have a hard time not eating everything in sight at night..when I am watching tv or on the computer..I have this incredible urge...to MUNCH!
Help..how do you guys curve your urges???

Anyways...
Canadian...WAY TO GO Down 1.5 that's awesome!

Macy....4 pounds is AWESOME keep up the good work!!

Thinthinker....Sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad that you found your "sister" again.

2ofMe...Getting on the treadmill everyday or every other day is hard but once you get on and stay on for 5 minutes..it makes you feel so much better about yourself!!! Try it...even if you do 10-15 minutes that's 10-15 minutes you didn't do!!!!Good Luck!

Well I better go for now..Talk to you all soon!

Angie
Old 02-22-2001, 07:50 PM   #11  

Hello to all you BEAUTIFUL people!!

I'm feeling good today, can you tell?

Macy: That feeling of control can't be substituted. I only wish I didn't let it slip by so easily. I guess that feeling of control means STAYING in control. Easier said than done. I had that feeling with a piece of cake the other day.

hannahntigger: The munchies are awful. I have a real hard time around TOM. I make myself a cup of Sugar Free Fat Free Hot Chocolate or a cup of tea. I sit myself down and savor every sip. Some of the flavored rice cakes are good and someone mentioned Nilla Wafers, too. Whatever I eat/drink, I make sure I really enjoy it so that my mind KNOWS that I'm snacking and that I shouldn't need more. I've also been known to clean a closet or drawer or even go to bed early in the evening to take my mind off of food.

Okay, so don't everyone go into shock at once, but I did that aerobics portion of an old Susan Powter video last night. I feel good this morning. Gosh, maybe I'll do it again.

2oM

Old 02-23-2001, 02:54 AM   #12  
Dying to be thin

Good afternoon everyone!!! I am in a great mood also!!! I am glad to hear that you are in a good mood too 2ofme!!! I just got off of my treadmill...I walked 1 3/4 mile!!! I walked at 3mph at an incline of 2-3 and I swung my arms!!! This is a huge feat for me! I feel so good and pumped right now. So far this week I have walked a total of 4 miles!! (Tuesday-Thursday)

How is everyone else doing? What do you do for exercise???

Let's pump each other up!!!

Go GIRLS GO!!
Talk to you all soon!
Angie
Old 02-23-2001, 03:01 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone and happy Thursday to you all! I've been challenged this week with hubby gone. Had expected to do much better on the food, but just haven't. Had also expected to get alot done here around the house, but just haven't. I guess as much as I say I'm glad for a couple of days to myself, the real truth is my honey is my sunshine and I am lost without him.

Macy: Congrats on the 4#! Boy, if we could just all have your patience! The urge to throw in the towel when we haven't done as well as we think we should have is always there and you did great not giving into it!

Angie: I love that DH and daughter watch you sweat! Such support! You'd think at least they could run along side or something!

2ofMe: Wow! Aerobics! You are the ambitious one! Good for you.

On the subject of 'munchies' all I can say is make sure you have alot of 1 and 2 point options on hand so that when the 'munchies' hit, you have something sensible to grab. And even if you grab more than one it won't be disasterous!

Gotta run. Love to all.

Dare to dream, dare to try, dare to fail. By doing so you will succeed.
Old 02-24-2001, 04:23 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Gosh, where is everybody??? Well, it's Friday and it's the end of my fun week. DH will be home later tonite, after my steak dinner - oh my! Food is still 'crappy' here. Just totally out of control for the last couple of weeks.

Gotta run. It's a steakhouse for us tonight. Just a job. But people I know would kill for this job. You all be good.

People with goals succeed because they know where they are going!
Old 02-25-2001, 01:18 AM   #15  
Dying to be thin

Hey Everyone..Happy Saturday!!
Tonight is going to be an ultimate test for me..we are going over to our friend's house for dinner...and they always have YUMMY FOOD!!! I am going to arm myself with water!
How is everyone's weekend so far? Mine is good but I need to get my walk in before we go. So...I will talk to everyone later!

By the way..where is everyone???

Angie
267.6/261.2/241.6 10%
Closed Thread