3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   200 in 2001, February 16th & down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/1653-200-2001-february-16th-down.html)

Gizzi 02-17-2001 10:26 PM

Hi, all! Well, I may have done well on Valentine's Day, but I sure slipped off program yesterday. Most of the day I was okay, but when I got home my DH decided I was better off getting my shopping done Friday night instead of waiting until Saturday because of a cold front. I decided I could afford a hamburger at this place where they're really good. By the time I got there I was almost sick from hunger.

That used to happen all the time about 14 years ago when I was smoking & drinking pots of coffee, but I had pretty much had it under control until the last few months. I think menopause may be the culprit. Anyway I was major weak by the time I ordered. Got the burger & fries & a chocolate malt. The hamburger was rotten, but the fries & malt were sure good. Did any of you realize a malt is 14 points? I was over points by 22+ by the time I finished for the day. :eek:

I probably won't get completely back on program until tomorrow because DH is planning on Valentine's dinner tonight. He came home sick on the 14th. I'm sure part of that chocolate malt bit was disappointment backlash. I hate it when he keeps postponing stuff like this & still expects me to think it's something special. Maybe I'm just spoiled?

------------------
Gizzi
275/209/140ish

kathleen61 02-18-2001 09:35 AM

Hi all . Thanks for the get wells . I'm way better , now . After banking over 60 points (I know we can only count 10) I only lost 1.4 pounds . My leader said lots of people complain about that . It's like your body doesn't want to starve , so it shuts down . Plus I couldn't take my thyroid meds for 5 days . That's bound to stop things . Anyway , that's 2 weeks in a row of losses . Yeah .
Lauren , i'm sorry you're sick . It's the pits .
Michele , I love Applebees . I get the chicken fajita roll-up , minus cheese . It's wonderful , it only has pico sauce for a dressing , so zero for that . I also get an order of new potatoes . Yum... You lost 3.2 ? That's great ! 41 pounds gone forever ! Good for you .
Lisa , I have no sweety either . I get bummed out , because my dad used to buy my mom a large heart , & my sister & I small ones . He passed away almost 3 years , so that's hard on me . My sister goes all out . Instead of chocolates , she buys jelly type candies (0 fat , still sugar though) , which is considerate of her .
Gizzi , I had a dead battery on valentines , too . I was headed ot & then couldn't go anywhere . How frustrating . I wanted to cry . You did commendably with the chocolates . Far better than I would have . One benefit of being sick on valentines , the candy got eaten before I went to work the next day . Don't worry about going over points , you've done really well .
Judy good to see :) you . Boy , your job sounds exciting . And i'm sure you'll make lots of new friends . I've tried to use the gyms at hotels , before . I chicken ot , because they're always filled with young male exec's . I know I shouldn't let them intimidate me .
You guys are Great ! Truly an inspiration . I mean it .
;) Kathy 344.7/234/185

Gizzi 02-18-2001 10:19 AM

I think one of the biggest advantages I have on this program is that I can forgive myself when I go off like that. I know there are tons of folks (including my mother) who have one major slip & say they can't do it & never get back on. I just say, "that's life" and try again tomorrow. I just keep trying to live the program instead of following the program & hopefully, by the time I hit maintenance (PLEASE!), it'll be so much a habit that I won't bounce back up again. I was able to do it when I quit smoking, so maybe...

Dora140 02-19-2001 07:07 AM

Howdy all you lovelies,
Had a huge reply put together, then lost it. :mad:
So, in a nutshell, way to go Gizzi and Michelle. Welcome home, Lisa Marie, and welcome back to Kathy.

Yesterday I attended WI only to find an enormous line snaking thru the parking lot. Turns out the church building had changed the locks and not thought about getting a new key to WW!! Someone found an unlocked shed and set up the scales. We were freezing and the leader announced free WIs and no meeting for the day. She had tears in her eyes. I realized that my cleaning lady cleans this church and her number was in my cell phone. To the rescue!! :D Still had to stand in line for awhile in the cold wind, but now we have a war story to tell. :)
When I left for WI, I found a cowbell that no one would throw out. So, it came along to the meeting. hehe. My WI was UP :confused: then I realized I was wearing my heavy coat. Doh. Oh well, next week will look even better.

Today was gorgeous. Took my DD canoeing at a local park. The creek is spring-fed and beautiful. It feeds into a wide spot in the river. I wanted to turn around, but my 9yoa DD paddled a different way. We got caught by the wind and the current and struggled for 45 minutes to turn around, constantly stuck in the bankside trees. Finally I just paddled backwards til we got back to the creek. Man, oh, man. If I can raise my arms over my head tomorrow, it'll be a miracle.But what an upper body workout! And it was fun, overall.

Judy -glad to see you back. Hope the new job is everything you could hope for.

Off and aching, girls. See you soon. Remember that water!!

ME2 02-20-2001 07:07 AM

:) :( :) (OnP Saturday, OffP Sunday, Back on today...with a little help from DD)

I was so stupid on Sunday. I went on a binge for the dumbest of reasons. I had worked out my menu for the day and had a Milky Way lite planned for the day. Half after I exercised, and half as an evening snack. Well, I walked 3 miles in the morning, and when I got home, I cut the candy bar in half and then sectioned it into 4 pieces, so I could really sit down and enjoy it. I went into the other room to get the paper, and when I came back, there were only 2 pieces. DH decided to help himself. I got completely irrational, ranting about how it was my treat and I had earned the points and now he'd eaten then, etc. I was a raving lunatic about 2 stupid pieces of candy. Anyway, I was so upset that I ate the other half of the candy bar and kept going from there. It was not pretty, and so childish, I'm ashamed of how I behaved. I've obviously got some issues to work on here.

I am happy to say that I'm back on track today. DS got his head gear for his braces today and is not a happy camper. I'm feeling the big time mommy guilt for subjecting him to this torture. Also, everytime he gets something done with his braces, he stops eating for a couple of days. He is truly skin and bones at this point, so to bribe him to eat today, I offered to get him a milk shake and fries to go with his dinner. Thank goodness DD decided to go in the car with me because after I went through the drive-thru, those fries smelled heavenly. DD must have been reading my mind because she said, "Don't eat those fries, Mommy, you'll mess up your diet." I kind of whined to her and said that sometimes it's just easier to not think about it and I'd never lose all the weight anyway (I definitely need to work on the messages I'm sending my kids!) so why bother trying, and my sweet little girl said, "Mommy, you're going to do it if you keep trying. I can tell you're skinnier every time you get out of the shower." Well, after that, even if I really wanted those fries, I wouldn't have eaten them.

So, while things are a little stressful at my house, I'm hanging on and doing my best.

Gizzi - I completely agree that being able to 'get back up on the horse' with this program is one of the biggest advantages. I don't know why it's this way now, but I thank God every day for it. Persistance, not perfection is my motto these days.

Dora - Sounds like you got quite a workout AND some quality time with your daughter. Good for you.

Kathy - Glad you're feeling better. Two losses in a row is a big yeah! Congratulations.

Make the best week possible for yourselves.

Michele

2ofMe 02-20-2001 09:29 PM

ME2: Kids really make an impact, don't they? Congrats on not caving into French Fry Temptation.

2oM

[This message has been edited by 2ofMe (edited 02-20-2001).]

lisa marie 02-21-2001 06:40 AM

Hi Everyone,
Well it sure is nice to know that others are having just as hard a time as I. Not that I don't want things to go smoothly for all of us, but it's nice to have that support and understanding.
I WI last night and was 1.9 down for a total of 11.5. I got my 10 pound star and was very excited. I thought it would be more, but I'll take what I can get.
Had a nice three day weekend and stayed pretty much OP. Didn't walk Sat. or Sun. but did walk the dog (Maxine) yesterday. I find it much easier to walk on the weekdays. I awake at 4:00 am and walk for 30 minutes on my treadmill while I watch a tape of whatever show from the night before. My family thinks I'm crazy, but, hey...whatever works, right?
Have a great evening everyone. Oh... I wanted to ask, which states do you all live in? I'm in Southern California.
Lis-

2ofMe 02-21-2001 09:03 PM

lisa marie: You are doing terrific! Congrats on your 10# pin. That in itself it great motivation.

I live in mid-Michigan. You can check out others' profiles. For me (which I didn't fill in much), go to my reply. Next to my name is the date and time of my reply and right next to that is a little face with a question mark next to it. Click on that. You can see another person's hobbies, kids, etc., whatever they felt comfortable letting the world know.

2oM

Lauren H 02-22-2001 06:01 AM

Hey, 2oM, I'm in SE Michigan. We should have a Michigan FatChicks reunion! Or maybe we should call it something else ...

--Lauren, still plodding along

2ofMe 02-22-2001 07:30 PM

Lauren: Fat Chicks of Michigan sounds like we'll be riding in on our Harleys (with me in my leather halter top http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif ) EEEWWW!

How about the "Greater Michigan Chapter of the Gravitationally Challenged"? With a name like that, maybe we could get a Federal grant or something. Save the Chubby Chicks Foundation. GEEZ, I'm full of it, aren't I?

Now that I think of it, since it's so cold, I'd have to wear my mittens with my halter top. :rolleyes:

2oM

Lauren H 02-23-2001 03:36 AM

2oM, you really crack me up! I take it you're in the biker belt in Michigan. I'm near Ann Arbor, so I'll get to wear Birkenstocks and funky little '60s glasses. :D

Well, I finally lost my TOM weight -- plus a whole half pound. Hey, at least it's 4.5 pounds down from my plateau weight; I'm not complaining.

Today I worked out with real weights, too. That sure was an eye-opener.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
(274/215.5/down)

2ofMe 02-23-2001 07:33 PM

Lauren: WOOHOO! You broke that plateau. Good job.

Actually I'm in the Farming Belt, but Fat Chicks of Michigan sounds like a biker club name. So what would be a good farming name? Fat Chicks HydroFeeding?

Hope everyone is staying OP and at least coming to read. Have a good weekend.

2oM

Gizzi 02-24-2001 11:30 PM

Well, 20M, I'd like to say that I've been staying OP, but I haven't been doing too good of a job. I started sliding off Valentine's Day & I've managed a couple of OP days since then, but then my birthday "celebrations" started Wednesday & it all showed up on the scales Thursday. 3 lb. gain. Ugh. Woke up really bummed out Friday, but managed to get refocused yesterday & it's holding so far today.

Sunday will probably be a lost cause because we're going to dinner & Mom is cooking & she never pays any attention to anyone's diet problems. Monday is my actual birthday & I've got dinner at a Japanese steakhouse planned. That should be at least close to OP.

I may have an advantage about getting back to OP, but sometimes I've got a major problem staying that way. I sometimes "reward" myself for being good by allowing a day off which is fine, but if the day off doesn't go as planned (because dinner plans fall through or something) I feel cheated & think I deserve another... and another... You get the picture. So anyway I'm OP today & I've got the will again (I hope). :rolleyes:

Dora140 02-25-2001 08:39 AM

Howdy all!
Gizzi -you get right back on that wagon, this instant. Let's reframe and find a non-caloric reward system. How about new nail polish, a magazine, a plant? time to yourself? You CAN do this. You ARE worth it.
End of soapbox.

I'm celebrating a worthwhile week. Even with a whole extra day's worth of points this week, I'm now officially under 190!! Whoohooo! Feelin' skinny now! Got my sights on 180 -that's a prepregnancy weight and my 3rd 10%. Hopin that my wedding band will fit then, too.

Gotta run, been extremely busy and had difficulty accessing this site.
Y'all stay sweet!

------------------
Dora
246SW/188.8 Woohoo!!/140ish
One pound at a time!

joody0756 02-26-2001 03:00 AM

Greetings, folks. Thanks for all the greetings when I posted last week. I'd reply individually to them, but they're a bit dated now - the thread has moved on a bit since then.

Anyway ...

Gizzi - I agree with Dora! Giddyap! (as my new manager would say)

Dora - Congrats on the latest losses. Keep it going. How are you doing in training for the triathlon you were working towards? Is that still on?

I am finding that work is so demanding, I've been having to get take-out quite a bit lately. That, of course, makes it much harder to control your own food destiny. You just never know what they've really put into that dish you order. So, I'm going to have to come up with some strategies to make this occur less often. I have been making up lunches (soups) in advance on the weekends. I expect I may have to start doing some of that with dinners as well.

I am really loving the challenge of this new job, but recognize that those demands bring other, less desirable, challenges as well.

Hope all are doing well, wherever you are. Here in Massachusetts, we're having some freezing rain on top of 2" of snow from this morning.

Judy
338/244/175