3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Looking for Pedometer.. ideas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/163970-looking-pedometer-ideas.html)

tdiprincess 02-08-2009 07:08 PM

Looking for Pedometer.. ideas?

Hey there all,
I'm looking at different pedometers. What do you guys recommend?
I've been looking on Ebay. I've seen a weight watcher one for $20, counts activity points..
Does anyone have any other recommendations on them? You guys like the WW one? How much is a decent price to pay?
Thanks for the help. I'm having trouble exercising. I think this will motivate me to start taking more steps. We'll see. :carrot:

saef 02-08-2009 07:34 PM

I swear by my Omron HJ-112. The readings have been extremely accurate, the corded clip has saved me from losing it many a time & it was worth every penny I paid for it, compared with the cheap models I used before it.

tdiprincess 02-08-2009 07:41 PM

Thanks! I had taken a look at that one on Ebay. I just have no idea what's a good one and what isn't. I thought about going cheap.. but I'd like accuracy and figure I might as well get a better one for the money.

xchampagnedream 02-09-2009 03:48 PM

Good post, I was looking for one too.

missjay 02-11-2009 07:46 PM

me too I brought one at target for five bucks and the cheap thing doesn't work:mad:

darindkny 02-11-2009 09:31 PM

A pedometer is considered accurate if you walk 50 steps and it records between 45 and 55 steps. You should start by trying to center it on your waistband in line with your left knee. You might have to move it around a bit in order to get an accurate count. You may want to contact your local health department, some have them available for free through Community Health Programs, the YMCA/YWCA or STEPS programs. Using the cord and clip that hooks to your pocket or waistband is worth it. I would have lost my pedometer many times without one. I have had my free pedometer at least a year now, haven't even needed a new battery yet (now I will probably have to replace it tomorrow, since I said something!) I feel undressed when I forget it now! I hope this helps.

kelly315 02-11-2009 10:26 PM

I bought one from the dollar store, then tested it's accuracy by counting steps for a while. Works perfectly.

tdiprincess 02-11-2009 11:18 PM

Thanks for the ideas guys. My DH wants me to save money where I can. I thought about one for my iPhone.. but many people reviewed them as not being very accurate, plus you can't always just run it in the background.. I.E. if you get a call while you're walking, it stops counting...
I think I'll try to find a cheapy for now. He said that as I lose weight I can invest in things as rewards.. so for now I'll find a cheap accurate one and then go up from there. I really want to increase how much I walk each day.
Thank you guys again for the ideas!!! This makes me want to get moving!!! ;)

hunterandrogersmom 02-11-2009 11:35 PM

i bought one of the cheapies got it home all excited to use it and it doesnt work.. going ot have to get out and see if i can find a different one. didnt even know weight watchers made a pedometer..

tdiprincess 02-12-2009 06:43 PM

yeah the WW one counts activity points for you.. I think for now I may try for a cheapy and once I get down to 150 as a reward I'll invest in the WW one...