Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #91  

Good morning, again....
Just a quick posting.
I need to plan.
I am heading to a meeting today and we are all having lunch from a BBQ place. I'm going to try to order the foods that might help me stay in control, best. Not sure what that will be, but wish me luck.

I shall start the day off with my treadmill.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #92  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI Linda, First I want to thank you for trying to help me get back on this site a few months back. I just got a newer computer from my sis and it had everything already for me and I got on right away. Surprised to hear you are in the dumps. That is not the Linda I remember. You have to remain positive, We all are human and you are going to have times like this. We did not gain this weight overnight either, so it will take time. Summer is always harder, more going on , more choices of food. Just take one day at a time. You will find your groove again. Now if I can only do as I say to you.

I made these AWESOME buffalo chicken patties. OMG. Not sure of the points, I found it on the core site. You will have try them. I am addicted. This is what they have.

1 1/2 pd of ground chicken ..I use lean turkey
salt pepper to taste, a clove or 2 of garlic. 2 tbsp of ff ranch dressing mix.
mix make a thin patty, put tsp of blue cheese on top, make another small patty and put on top. Grill you can put Hot sauce on it or blue cheese dressing. I use Kens buffalo sauce. TO die for .....yummy I think I have the amounts right. You ,may want to check on the site it is on the last page of dinners.

Going camping this weekend. Looking forward to it. Hope I make some good choices.

Welcome Kim and glad you are back Haylo. I was gone for a Long time as well. Need to go eat. chat later.
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #93  
Donna

Happy Hump Day Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted all week, TOM has come with a vengeance and I haven't wanted to "talk" to anyone

The ride last Sat went pretty well, unfortunately the scattered showers decided to dump on us about 1/2 hour into a 3 hour ride So the rest was pretty wet (it took the whole day Sunday to dry out my shoes). I was feeling wet and crampy (pms) so I decided we needed to cut the ride short, my dad was feeling pretty whipped and I wanted to save him some miles also because he's the never admit you can't do something type . We ended up doing 23 miles, still not to shabby. I felt bad for my mom though she had stayed by in the park with our dogs, she had a lawn chair and a book and was going to sit and read, but when the rain came she put the dogs in the car and sat there the rest of the time. I am pretty excited that I've crossed the 100 mile mark finally, I changed my goal to 400 so that hopefully I can still make it.

I also went to yoga again on Monday (I'd skipped last week with an upset tummy) and man my abs are killing me, I feel like I've done 10000 sit ups (ok maybe not that bad), some of that could be tom but still.....

Linda - glad you're back. Remember to be gentle with yourself, we can't be perfect and you need to forgive yourself or you'll develop an "all or nothing" mentality. Maybe you need to work on something more than just the diet, find out mentally what's holding you back, because clearly somethings blocking you subconsciously. About DH, he's doing OK. The anti-nausea drugs they gave him to take with the chemo, make him really tired, but if he doesn't take them he's nauseous I told him to talk to the dietitian they have on staff at the clinic to see if maybe there's something he could eat that might help the nausea w/o the drug. He said he'd talk to the dr. when he sees him tomorrow (chemo pills/radiation m-f, blood work and dr visit every thurs) whatever, as long as he talks to someone.

Barb - That burger sounds yummy. You sound like your doing good. How's the bike riding coming? When do you start back to work? Have fun camping

Haylo - Welcome back. We all take a break now and then. Training for a marathon I'm impressed.

Well it's hot and humid out, I should get something done. Took the dog to the park to walk with mom this morning. Dad brought his bike, Scooter (dog) was not happy, usually my dad walks him.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #94  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Happy Thursday everybody!!
Well we made it back to REALITY last Friday!!LOL!! That's the only thing I hate about vacation....."coming back"....don't get me wrong,like Dorothy said,"There's No Place Like Home" and surprisingly the next morning I said to myself "Self,it's finally over you can now exhale" Sad really.......atleast I didn't answer back....but sometimes I'd really like to move,I guess it's just the thought of being somewhere other than where I was born and raised for a change...Anyway... I did....alright......on vacay I did have some slip ups....Is anybody familiar with the word Krispy Kreme????????? Well,if so, just use your imaginations..I was and am still a little disappointed with my self,but I'm STILL...STILL staying positive I wans't planning on weighing tomorrow but I think I will just to see how much damage I have caused..OH and this past Monday I had fried green tomatoes for supper,oh lord they were delicious,but that's the only big cheat I've done this week,so,you know!!..Our tomatoes are coming in and that's like a HAVE TO think here in Kentucky,lord they were goo-ood!!
So now back to the grinding stone,I spent like 6 hours bent over and on my head yesterday cutting out canvas for a houseboat I'm contracting and today even my ears are sore!!LOL...like when I swallow I feel the soreness almost like I'm trying to get sick or something,but I feel like I spent 6 hours in a gym,I tell I'm sore everywhere,and it hurts my knees worse to be on them so standing and bending over is easier,plus it helps me go a little faster.and not having a table long or wide enough to accomodate 60" wide canvas sucks,when you have to cut it 50 ft long.......sheesh..so I use MIL's driveway.....and that's where the soreness steps in.....love my job!! Speaking of jobs,Dh is switching jobs,he got a hefty pay increase,and thank goodness he won't be working in the houseboat industry anymore,he'll be running an upholstery shop kinda like what I do now,except I do everything else besides just boats,and he's happy,and I'm happy for him,he so deserves it,I love him so much!!
I'm really glad to see some of our chicks back!! and some newbies,I read you posts and it sounds like Tech is gonna need some new tires for her bike pretty soon!!LOL I need a bike but I can't find one that I like real well..but I keep looking!!But anyway I'm glad all are doing well,and still pressing and Derry Daughter you'll make it through,if you let your WW leader get to you that's just a cocktail for failure,especially when it's your leader,just let it roll keep positive and I wouldn't give flying rat's butt about anything anybody said or did,because that's just the devil rearing his ugly head to knock you off your path to success,let me tell ya,once I finally figured out that I could actually do this,I was fine,I may not be losing weight at record speed and I do slip up every single week,but I'm staying on my path and slipping up is just part of it for me and anybody else,and if you ask me,that's just part of the fun,like those fried green tomatoes...............girl they were worth it,I can't as say much for the Krispy Kremes,yea they were good too!!LOL you know what I mean? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
I'll see ya'll Do you all think this post was long enough to get me caught up for the 2 weeks that I've missed??!??!?!?!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #95  
Donna

Trysh - Welcome back Sounds like you had a good vacation. Just put new tires on the end of last year so it'll be a while before I need them again .

Have a great one.

-Tech
Old 07-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #96  

Tech~ That's too funny!!
Hey all,on here early today,but I'll probably be back,waiting on MIL to come over to watch the kids so I can go to customer's house and measure for some drapes!!It's funny,I ran into her at wal mart Tuesday and she was asking me about it then she called last night wanting me to come over at 8 this morning!!I fell really blessed,because most of the jobs I've had this year have been call backs from former customers and that makes me feel good,the only problem is,I don't trust my measurements as well as I trust DH's.......lol!! but it's just a roughy so she can get her fabric and she wants me to do some cornices and recover 2 chairs and a loveseat....yey me!! Then I got a call on recliners,them things make me crazy,I priced it high,hopefully they won't call back,I just got done with one and it took me 2 weeks,yea that long,But anyway,I love my job!!even though sometimes I say to myself I hate this job,but I really do love it!!for right now anyway!! well I better go it's about time for MIL,she was going to the neighbor's yard sale across the street from me first before she came over,so I guess I'll later!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:03 PM   #97  
Donna

Good Morning,

TGIF

I just got back from walking the dog down to the farmer's market they just started in my town. It's about a mile away so it makes a good walk, usually we try to do 2.5 - 3 miles but it's just too hot and muggy out right now. I haven't had my bike out all week Tomorrow we're having dh's family over for summer b-day's so there won't be any exercising then, and Sunday I'm hoping to go to a winery we like in Canada they have their annual customer appreciation picnic and it's usually a lot of fun, we haven't been this year at all.

OK I just have to vent here, ignore if you want. I just don't get dh's brother and his family at all. Dh's sister is having a picnic for extended family and wanted a date so this spring, she asked everyone to pick days that they'd be available in July and Aug. So we did, there were two where everyone was available, one this Sat and one in Aug. She chose to have the picnic in Aug. Everything ok so far. Usually we have everyone over for summer birthdays around that day, so since we were all going to be at sil's I thought hey let's have it in July, and sent out an e-mail invite. The only reply I got was from my mil, no biggie it was still a month away. A couple of weeks ago my sil e-mailed and said they'd come what did I want here to bring etc....But still nothing from bil. So I had dh call him early this week it took 2 days to reply to say "Sorry we're out of town we won't be coming." It's now 2 day's before they're supposed to come over, couldn't they have let me know sooner? Would that be too much to ask? There's a thing at the village that I'd like to go to on Sat but we'd already invited everyone over, I would have postponed it but I knew it was the only day bil and family were available (they're the one's with the busy schedule), if I'd known they weren't coming more than a day in advance......UGGG I just don't get some people....

OK I'm done with that.

Trysh - Yea on being busy, sounds like you love it. Have you ever done fitted slip covers? I have a chair I want to do but I'm nervous. I do sew, I used to sew clothes but now I mostly quilt and make bags....

Linda - how's the plan coming? Are you ready for the weekend?

Barb - Looks like you've jumped to the core chat, got tired of talking to yourself eh?

Haylo, Ann, Paige, Erica, and everyone, where have you gone????

Have a great day.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 07-18-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #98  

TGIF!!!!
Tech~ I'm feelin' ya on the get togethers,it got to be such a hassle,that we pretty much stopped ot,the more people ya have,the harder it is to get a date set where every one can make it,and I have a brother..........he gets on my nerves,it's usually him doing the planning so naturally he plans it around his & his boys(sons)schedule,and if you can't be there..well..tough s*%@ as he says,he's very selfish,but we don't speak anymore and that is a long long looooooong and totally different story,But anyway I know exactly how you feel,what I always recommended and bro would never do because it didn't benefit him or maybe because it wasn't his idea in the first place and someone else's,is set a certain date every year like July 4 weekend or like the 2nd Saturday of every July or August and that way everybody could mark their calender and make their plans around that day,kinda like a family reunion or something,seems simple enough and everybody's happy.........well maybe not everybody,but you get my drift,so when you have your get together get everyone in the same room and say " Look,if we're going to do this every year we need to set one date/weekend aside and do it on that date/weekend every year" then email the one's that didn't show and tell them what the family has decided to do and tell them to mark their calender cause it's goin' down on that day a year from now so they shouldn't have any excuses,kapeesh? Oh and yes occasionally I do slip covers,there's really nothing to it,I just don't like to do them alot because some chairs are just hard to make a pattern for, but a straight back chair,kinda like what you'd see at a dining table that has the fabric on the seat and the back are pretty easy,it would take me a while to explain it so if you want me to explain it,let me know in your next post and my next post will be a quickie how to do slip cover session!!LOL But I do love my job especially right now cause I got a little money coming in,but it's so unstable,I'd hate to know it was our only means of finances because it does get slow from time to time and that's the main reason me and DH haven't went out on our own with it,I do my work in MIL's basement so there's no rent or anything to pay,so I consider myself lucky on that part but thar's why I'd like to have a basement myself so I don't have to wait on my kids to wake up get ready,blah blah blah,sometimes it's 10 am before I get to work,I just hate to wake my kids up,especially DD ,it's her summer and school is starting in little over a week,so.... it would just be better to have my shop here at home,then I could get up and go to work and have at least 2 hrs of work done by the time my kids wake up.
Well I didn't weigh today...TOM is here,got here Wednesday,so I guess I'll wait till next Friday,so I guess I'll talk then or maybe sooner!!I don't what my week's gonna be like next week,so see ya'll later!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #99  

Hey everyone,

Well getting a chance to post, just slipped by once again. I was in the process of buying a new vehicle!

Linda: djmommy is so right on track when she said, that summer is harder to keep up with. Also, I know you can get back in the game you have always been able to.

Tech: sounds like your ride had some extra adventerous in it.

It seems pretty quiet in here, where is everybody?????????????
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #100  

Hey everyone...

So I'm feeling a little renewed tonight. I had a weekend of eating like crud, and have made the decision to go back to meetings for a little bit and see what happens. I have been maintaining my weight, which is much better than going up, but I need to get the scale moving down again. I need the accountability again, and I feel that facing the scale at meetings is going to be the way to do it. There is a 12:30 meeting tomorrow, so I'm planning on attending it.

How is everyone else doing?
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #101  
Donna

Hi Paige,

I'm with you on the feeling like crud I've been on a junk food binge for a while, and was going to go back to meetings on Fri since I can't seem to do it on my own, but I didn't make it. So I started doing core yesterday and will go back this week instead. I decided no more procrastinating.

Good Luck.

-Tech
Old 08-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #102  

So I didn't end up getting to a meeting today; my little dd woke up with a fever this morning. I've done well so far today with eating, which is good, considering that I've been a little bored today. I've been trying to get my water in, too...I haven't been drinking it much lately, and I can feel how tired I am because of it.

I'm not too sure what to make for dinner tonight; I printed off some recipes from dwlz, so maybe I can get inspired to make one.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #103  

Good morning everyone!

I did well yesterday. I didn't actually count points, but I know I stayed on track. I ended up making a homemade spaghetti sauce with chicken last night, and having it over ww pasta. It actually was really good. For dessert I had strawberries and a sliced banana with some ff cool whip. It was a satisfying day. =)

This weekend will be interesting. On Saturday we have a pool party to go to at one of my co-worker's house. She is Chinese, and is going to be having a lot of different style foods there. I love trying new foods, so I hope I will be able to pick and choose what looks the "friendliest."

Hope everyone has a great, op day!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #104  

Hello everyone,

Funny that you guys were talking about going back to meetings, I was just thinking that earlier today that maybe I needed to go back to a meeting. Actually what I need to start doing is journaling again. Since I am already off today I am going to start that tomorrow!

Have a good day
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #105  

Hi all...

I've done pretty well again today. I haven't gone back to a meeting yet; I ended up taking little dd to the dr today...she has double ear infections and strep throat. Ugh! Dh and I have to re-arrange our work schedules this week as she cannot go to preschool till next week. I'm keeping an eye out on my older dd; she has been coughing non stop. She has cough variant asthma, so it's really hard to determine whether it is the asthma acting up or if it is something else.

Anyway, that is all for now. Hope you all have had a great day.