Old 06-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #31  

Happy Friday to all.... it's graduation day here for my daughter. Time sure does fly, it seems like just yesterday that she got on that school bus for the first time. I know I will cry. Oh well.
I went to the gym twice this week and will go again today. I'm hoping to get back in the habit, but it's still hard and I totally lack motivation. But, after I go I usually feel better about it.
Eating has been haphazard. I want to do well, and then keep straying off. Paige, I was proud of you when I read about the good choice you made about dessert at Applebees. That kind of behavior is what makes you a winner! Hmmm.... a winner who is a loser, that is!

I have tried that crustless strawberry pie recipe and it is quite good, just so you know.

I did not get brave and try the cake in the crockpot as I have no clue how long to cook it and weather to do it on low or high. Is there any kind of formula anyone has about timing these things? If I were to cook the cake (just my estimates based on previous cooking, not read off the box) for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, if I put it in the crock pot for 3 hours on high, that might transfer correctly? However, would it be too dry, should I add extra water? Will it end up a huge crumbly mess? No way to know unless you try, though, so perhaps one day I shall. The chocolate fudge cake mix and the can of pumpkin are still sitting on my counter. It's much cooler today, so maybe I'll bake it later on.

Welcome to playfullyme, hope your weight loss journey goes smoothly.
My own journey has been taking a detour lately and I am trying very hard to get back en-route. Posting here helps me, to some degree.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:43 AM   #32  

Oh yes, one more thing. I did try to contact an art gallery yesterday about selling my art. We'll see what happens.
Thanks for the e-bay suggestion, but when I looked pastel works of art on there, no bidders and lots of stuff. I need to find a venue where people actually buy things and have money to spend - tourists perhaps?

One thing that is good for my weight loss efforts is that doing art work keeps my hands busy!
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #33  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

TGIF!!!!!!!!!
Has it been a while since I was here last? I've read about the site going down and every stuff.....the things you miss when you're away,huh?.....
Well....I've had an exciting/boring/busy/irritating/tiring/everything else......slash...... last couple of weeks....whew... starting with exciting....we're doing Pigeon Forge for vacay on the 4th-13th of July,can't wait!!boring..ah it's just been boring...busy,well let me tell ya,I have worked my hiney ho off,day and night,redoing the rail canvas on a house boat,sewing up party tops,and I still have an enclosure to repair,THEN we've bought a golf cart and it's a Harley Davidson to beat all,so I've been redoing that in black and orange for DH for father's Day,I told him it should be worth about 300.00 anyway!!LOL!!irritating......everything has irritated me from DH to DD to the neighbors,just everything tiring,just the working from about 8 or 9 in the morning till 9 at night,Lord it's been one heck of a ride the past couple of weeks!!!!!!!
Ann~ Yes DD is FINALLY out for the summer,she was supposed to get out on the friday before memorial day and ended up going back 2 days on tuesday and wed,them schools have to have that money LOL!!
Erica Luv Paige Tech Linda BB HIIIIIIIII!! Playful welcome!!
gotta go DS is waking up and I have a ton of housework and laundry to do!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #34  

Oh yea I forgot to tell about my weight loss journey,before memorial day I went up to 201,then last week I went to the pappy doc and I weighed 197 so I came home and weighed,....naked like I always do and I was actually at 196 so I was excited(included in my excited part of the last 2 weeks) but this week has been so hectic I've slipped into mountain dew **** for 1 day the a coke frenzy one day I just screwed the pooch bad this week so now I'm up to 199............again,and all the walking I did at the docs going to that houseboat 3 times this week,they were good walks too,it would take me about 11 minutes to get to it then back to the car,you'd think that I wouldn't have gained but anyway that's life.......I fell off the wagon and I'm running my legs off to catch back up with it to get back on again!!!!!!!! See Ya'll
Old 06-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #35  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone,
Just wanted to say hello
Busy days for me but I wanted you all to know I am thinking of you and I hope you day is wonderful.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 06-16-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good morning everyone,
Linda- how was your daughter's graduation? What an emotional time that must be. You've probably already mentioned this, but does she have any plans for the fall? Linda, you are right about ebay. I think it has changed so much from what it started out to be. Now when I'm looking for something (good deal) I usually go on Craigslist. Good luck with finding that gallery. I totally think trying to sell to tourists is the way to go. Or what about being a vendor at some different art shows during the summer? I'm not sure how many paintings you have to sell yet, but maybe it's something you could work up to?

Ann-what are you up to today? Our girls have to go to school until the 26th, which is a real bummer, I wish that they were done now.

Shelbysmom-wow, sounds like you're having a lot of fun these days! We are raising a little fawn right now and the girls have named it "bucky kentucky", I thought of you!

As for me, I am down another pound, yeah! I love changing that ticker. We even went to dinner last night at our favorite fish fry, but I was oh so very good. I made sure to eat before we went, which is really key for me. There is no way I can survive walking into a fish fry starving. I am so happy to see this weight slowly creeping off, it represents a lot of baggage for me, a lot of crap that has happened in the last year, so I am shedding that as well. Hope everyone has a great day!
EricaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #37  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies,
How was your weekend.

Paige, I got the Wii Fit this weekend but was too busy to try it yet. I hope to try it today. DS was using it and he seems to like it. Of course he is so active I am sure he doesn't need to use it.

EricaCongrats on losing another pound. That is a great idea to eat before going to the Fish Fry. I find if I go some where and I am hungry I have a greater chance of making unwise choices. The fawn must be so cute. I like the name.

Trysh You sound so busy. You seem to really enjoy life. I like reading all the energy in your posts. Thanks

Donna How is your DH, have you heard any thing yet? I will keep you and DH in my thoughts nad prayers.

Linda How was your weekend. Is it hard with your daughter graduating? Your baby has grown up. Did you find a gallery for your art? I hope you are doing well.

Laura How are you doing? I often think of you and hope all is well with you.

Have a wonderful day everyone and hello to anyone I missed.

Take Care
Ann

It looks like it will be a beautiful day today.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #38  
Donna

Hello All,

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. Things have been pretty blue and stressful around here. DH's biopsy came back positive for cancer. He went in this weekend for more tests. The surgeon he originally saw doesn't do rectal (sp?) surgeries, so he referred him to another who has a two month waiting list, but with the test results will bump him up if it's urgent (which it probably is). So DH will take him the results and hopefully get an apt for this week (or next) then depending on the size of the tumor they'll decide if he needs chemo/radiation before surgery or if they can wait until after. So we're just kind of waiting right now. It's pretty hard but we really don't have a choice.

On a good note: I haven't been eating everything in sight (its been tempting tho). I even refrained from buying spinach dip at the store on Saturday, which is one of my favorite stress foods. And I lost 1.2 lbs last week It felt good to see the scale move in the right direction for a change.

Erica - on the loss. How did your weekend go? I know you say you have a hard time with them.

Ann - You make me smile. You must try every new exercise on the planet. Let me know how the wii works I've been thinking about it myself. Thanks for asking about DH.

Linda - Sorry I called you Laura in my last post. I've been pretty scatterbrained lately. How was the graduation? Those have to be mixed blessings.

Shelbysmom - Yea on being below 200 (I'll see onederland some day). Your post tires me out, you are so busy.

to anyone I missed or who is lurking.

Well, I've gotta get moving. I'm gonna eat lunch then hop on my bike I haven't been in a couple of weeks, between the weather and stress and what all. Never going to be able to make the 39 mile ride in July if I don't get moving. I'm trying to talk my dad into going with me since I don't think DH will be up to it.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech (Donna)

Last edited by TechAlum; 06-16-2008 at 07:33 PM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

{{{Donna}}}

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. He will be in my prayers.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #40  
Donna

Yea I got my ride in 9.25 miles not too bad. Can someone tell me exactly why it is that it takes months to get in shape and days to get out? It just doesn't seem fair.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 06-16-2008 at 07:35 PM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #41  

Donna~ I can definitely relate with ya,it takes me a whole month to lose 3 lbs and a week to gain it back!!LOL.....or day who knows,because I just weigh once a week.....and also I'll be thinking about you and your DH,it seems like cancer is popping up in everyone,it must just be in the air we breathe and the water we drink....it's very upsetting....My sis had breast cancer,she's fine now,but because of that I need to start having mammys and I'm just 33,I had my first one when I was 29 and I haven't had one since because I had such a bad time with the insurance company not wanting to pay because the radiology place didn't turn it in as a mandatory/family history mammy,I told the insurance company "Look I'm 29 and it's not like I decided hey I think I'll go have a mammogram today" anyway it got a little expensive on my part....so I haven't had one since..my doctor told me the other day I needed to start having on I guess every year in the the next couple years at 35,because sis was about 45 when they found hers and I need to start 10 years prior to her age,so yey me.....
So..........how's evrybody else? I'm doin........just doin......I think I'm kinda in.....idol mode right now,neutral,park,what ever you want to call it!! gotta get DS and DD up so I can go to work and earn my keep around here,gottalotta sewing to do today........AND....Our golf cart is pert near finished,it's orange and black like Harley Davidson,well it is a Harley like 70 something model,it's pretty cool........well my fave sissy has called......gotta go...........
Old 06-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #42  

Hey everyone!

Not much going on at the moment; been hanging in there at the same weight lately. It seems like I will do that for while, and then drop 5-10 lbs out of nowhere.

The heat finally broke here; I think it's only supposed to be a high of 70 today. I got a cake order last night for Saturday (short notice...grrrrr,) so I'm thinking of taking advantage of the cooler weather (and my day off) and bake the cake and throw it in the freezer. I really (REALLY REALLY) didn't want to do this cake, so I decided to charge "normal" prices for once, $4 a slice (fondant, slightly carved 1/2 sheet) plus they need another small, plain buttercream cake which I'm charging $3 a slice. Almost $200, so I figured I couldn't say no. It's not that difficult of a cake; but it's not an exciting cake. I don't know the people, either...a woman that I used to work with told them I do cakes. I'm done with giving people (other than those that I am close with!) breaks on prices!

Anyway...!

So that's life here. Hope everyone else is doing well...
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #43  

Tech- I'm really sorry to hear about your DH's bad news. So they don't know the size of it yet? Is it early stages? You sound like an incredibly strong woman.

Paige-it must be annoying when people give you such short notice, you're a good person to have said yes.

Ann-did you try the Wii Fit yet?

I need to get my motivation level up this week. I'm making myself nervous with all of the baking I've been doing and making bread. Paige-I made those black and whites you described and they were a big hit. I also made this "No Knead" bread that is really good today. I need to put it in Mastercook to see how many points it is.

Hope everyone is doing well....
Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #44  

Good morning everyone...

I got to thinking this morning; it's supposed to take 21 days for something to become a habit, so I'm challenging myself to menu planning and points counting for 21 days straight. Anyone want to join me?

Breakfast-WW bagel-2

Snack- Quaker breakfast cookie-3

Lunch-pb (weighed for accuracy) on ww bread-4

Dinner-Grilled chicken
potato-2
veg-0

Dessert-low fat ice cream-3

Total=18/26

I think tonight I'm going to do some research for some new dinner ideas. Dh and I have been ordering in a lot lately; I know we are both really bored with our current menu options.

Anyway, I need go get dds up for school. Hope everyone has a great day!
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #45  

Alright Paige, as I read your post I felt like, oh man she's right, I really need to do that. I'm just allowing the day to get away from me, and by day's end, I'm eating whatever I want. So here it goes....

Breakfast: Coffee with FF 1/2 and 1/2= 1pt.
1 cp. FF plain yogurt and 1 cp. strawberries=3pts.

Snack: 1 small apricot, 1 small plum= 1 pt.
1 lowfat cheese stick = 1pt.

Lunch: Spinach salad with roasted mushrooms in olive oil = 2pts.
Homemade bread=3pts.

Snack: 1 apple=1pt.
popcorn= 2pts.
1 lowfat cheese stick=1pt.

Dinner: Grilled chicken= 3pts.
1/2 baked potato with FF sour cream and salsa= 4pts.
spinach with roasted mushrooms=2 pts.
Dessert: Stawberries: 2pts.

25/27

We'll see how I do!