3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Starting Back w/ WW again Today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/140377-starting-back-w-ww-again-today.html)

Stardutchess 04-21-2008 09:49 AM

Starting Back w/ WW again Today

I've made the decision to go back to WW. I am the heaviest I have ever been ( don't believe the ticker, it's old and I don't know how to change it). I know I need to do something. I just hope this time I have the resolve to stay with it. I plan on being here constantly. Hopefully this time will be the last time. Now the only question is flex or core?

dollyfinn 04-21-2008 09:55 AM

I am having the same debate with myself that you are having today. My weight is as high as it has ever been and am desperate to get it off. I think I might start off with Flex and some weeks take on Core. I don't know, I am kinda all over the place with my thinking on this issue.
Let me know what you decided :)
BTW-love you avatar!!

PinkyPie 04-21-2008 10:03 AM

Hey Starduchess! Don't "hope" - DO IT!! You CAN!!!!

I'm in the Netherlands so I can't really give you an idea about flex vs. core but there are some really great people here who I am sure can help you :) If you have to, try both and see what works best!

Remember to have patience and kindness towards yourself during the process :)

shrinkinglizzy 04-21-2008 10:07 AM

Good morning!!
You made such a good decision to come on these boards. 3FC is so so helpful in staying on the WW plan.
As for flex v core, do whatever you feel like, and you can always switch if you don't like it. personally, i'm on flex, because i need to count and i don't trust myself to just stop when i'm full, but i keep toying with the idea of changing over eventually.
good luck with whatever you do and :welcome2:
s

pipernoswiper 04-21-2008 12:00 PM

welcome back star!

i have to do flex, i need the structure because apparently i'm not capable of controling what goes in my mouth or how much if left to my own decision making, with flex it takes the guesswork away. it gives me more control.

good luck!

lauralee21 04-21-2008 12:35 PM

Welcome!!

I started out with core. It totally changed the way I eat. This past week I switched to flex (just for a week or two I think, counting points drives me crazy) and it is SO much easer to stay within my points. Because I changed the way that I was eating when I was on core.

Lola125 04-25-2008 09:40 PM

I started back last week. It's the only program that has ever worked for me.
I just need to keep going! I need the accountability of getting on the scale!!!

I lost 3.4 pounds my first week back and it feels great to be in control again.

I am 20 pounds heavy that the last time I joined (a year ago). That time I lost 23 pounds and then stopped going to meetings. I'm in it for the long haul this time!

Good luck!

shelby897 04-25-2008 09:51 PM

Welcome back :hug:

I'm "attempting" flex -- I did great for two to three weeks and have been struggling since, but I'm in it for the long haul this time!! Core wouldn't work for me because I'm a binge eater -- I need the control of limitation that points allows.

Good luck :)