Old 02-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #1  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Question To those who weigh themselves every day:

Do you notice significant fluctuation day to day?

And to those of you who have weighed yourself in the evenings as well as the mornings--do you find significant differences between the two?

I've heard a lot of people say that weighing themselves every morning keeps them on track-- so I think I should get at least one answer

When I did WW the first time, I would weigh myself the night before the Weigh In, and I was typically 3lbs less in the morning!

Now, I'm weighing the EXACT same in the evening as the morning.... That seems wrong to me--especially because of my history! But I suppose bodies change!!

What happens for everyone else?

~Kat

GOAL:
185.2/171.8/135(ish)
Mini GOAL:
185.2/171.8/166.7
10%by St. Patrick’s Day! I want to fit into my Dress!! Aiee!!!
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Major fluctuations like up to 10 lbs a day. I use measurements to measure progress. There is no way I'm gaining wieght I've not cheated and I'm only eating about 1200 cal a day.
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

I forgot to add I'm 5 ft 11 in and 255 lbs
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

daily fluctuations for me are max 2 lbs. But I have to weigh myself at exactly the same time every morning otherwise I can get all kinds of wacky numbers!!

At night I can weigh 5lbs more than in the morning!! So I don't weigh in at night cause the numbers are too scary! It is starnge that you weigh the same morning and night!! Are you getting the same amoutn of sleep as b4? How long before you go to bed is your last meal?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I weigh every day - keeps me accountable. I've currently experiencing a plateau and I've considered changing my routine. I normally see fluctuations of about 2 - 2.5 lbs during the week but I don't worry about them. I weight at approximately the same time each morning. Once in a while I weigh in the evening and will usually see a 5-7 lb difference from the morning weight. I normally don't weigh at night - not sure when or why I started doing that occasionally - I have a doctor's balance scale in the spare bathroom so it doesn't call to me.

I do track my daily weights and see a pattern - helps me some.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The weight difference from evening to morning for me is about 1 to 2 lbs. It used to be much more, but I attribute this to potty habits. I used to have to get up several times during the night to go to the bathroom. Since that has decreased so has the weight difference (which of course, makes sense). Medication changes and eating less in the evenings are the reason for the changes, I assume.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #7  
Jig, Don't Jog

Ok Cool Thanks, everyone, for your replies!

I don't really know why I weigh the same at night as morning-- and it's been just the past 2 weeks... I typically don't eat more than 3 hours before I go to bed--and I drink TONS of water during the day and at night (which means a mad dash to the bathroom when I wake up!!!EEp!!)

I usually use the water at night thing as a "cleanse" while I sleep to flush out whatever i might have done that day :P But that wouldn't explain why I weigh the same... Would it?

~Kat

GOAL:
185.2/171.8/135(ish)
Mini GOAL:
185.2/171.8/166.7
Old 02-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I don't like weighing myself at night, prefer mornings. But lately I noticed that first thing in the a.m. is not good. If I wait a bit, I usually end up less. And if I wait til after my shower, the scale shows a different number.
Hi everyone, I'm a scale-a-holic!
It's frustrating to me, although I don't dwell too much and rely on what the center has me for.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #9  
The Last 10lbs!

I find, oddly enough, that if I wait until after I shower, it's even lower than before. Does this happen to anyone else? I have a head full of long, curly hair that takes ages to dry and would have thought it ought to be the other way around because of the water still in it. Weird.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #10  
Jig, Don't Jog

lol I've often wondered if there's a "you have 3 extra pounds of dirt on you before you shower" conspiracy...
I have long hair, too-- I've been too paranoid to weigh after a shower for fear of the hair water-weight :P

Yeah-maybe I should just try waiting a bit in the morning Brush my teeth... feed the cat... lolligag for weightloss! lol

Dolphn--I'm a scale-a-holic, too... :S But I only really COUNT my weigh-in weight. The other sneak peaks are just from habit :P

~Kat

GOAL:
185.2/171.8/135(ish)
Mini GOAL:
185.2/171.8/166.7
Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #11  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I'm a scale-aholic, too. I have tried to wrangle it into being a tool for me, I write on the calendar what I weigh everyday and try to compare it to the week before on the same day only, although sometimes you just have to wonder...up 2 lbs. just from eating 2 slices of pizza??

It's how I start my day, I've noticed in the past when I didn't start out with a weigh-in I usually quit watching what I was eating. I don't think that would happen now, but I'm too superstitious to do otherwise

I sometimes jump on at night, but am realizing that it's higher for a variety of reasons, different weight of clothes, if I just ate or drank, etc. Sometimes, when I go downstairs (my scale's in the basement) to do laundry I'll get on, I don't know why....

oh yeah, I only update my siggy after WI on tues. a.m.

Last edited by kelijpa; 02-10-2008 at 04:27 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

i too must admit that i am a scale-a-holic. every morning and every night. it's borderline obsessive! it keeps me on track (and frustrates me too). i have told myself that i will not weigh myself so much, but if i don't i feel like i will backslide into my non-healthy habits. for now, it keeps me on track. the evening weighing i could stop and it wouldn't affect me, i do it more to see what i think i might be in the morning. typically it's about a two pound difference. i guess i just have to know what i weigh to keep me motivated and to get my butt into gear!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #13  

I am also a scaleaholic and have given up trying to change myself. I even have gone as far as to hide the scale but I find myself thinking about it constantly and then going to get it out.
I give up!
My weight changes with each day and throughout the day, it fascinates me.
My WW leader once asked me that if I saw any kind of significant loss mid-week between meeting did that give me permission to eat a bit more and then would it ultimately keep me from losing. Interesting thought, but it didn't change me and my scale habits.
I consider it my personal step aerobics plan in the end, I guess? : )
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Hi, I just saw this post. This is me exactly. I weigh myself 2 and 3 times a day. My husband has told me he is going to hide it. He doesnt want me to get discouraged. So, far, I havent been able to break the habit. Yes, I see a huge difference just hours apart. Its craziness. I'm not sure why this happens. How are you breaking the habit?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dawn
dwnloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

I weigh myself every morning right after I get up and before I put clothes on. I see no point in weighing in the evening after I have eatin all day...of course, you are going to be up a few pounds (maybe?). Weighing myself everyday lets me see where I am at. If I only weighed myself once a week and didn't lose, I wouldn't know if it was because I gained two and lost two that week or because I really didn't lose any... Does this make sense?? For some, weighing everyday and seeing the fluctuation is a dicouragement...for me it is a motivator.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote