Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 07:16 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - January 21, 2002

Morning everyone. Since I'm probably the first one up I thought I'd get the thread going. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Thanks Melissa re the photo tip. I'll give it a try as soon as finish posting. If that doesn't work, then I'll leave well enough alone. Black and white kinda gives me the look of a film star from the 40s, n'est-ce pas? (not!)

It was a quiet weekend with the exception of last nite. We went out to dinner with friends then saw a hilarious two-hour one man comedy show. I laughed to exhaustion.

Yesterday, I took some time to figure out how to run my treadmill via video tape and CD - don't know if I mentioned that it's ifit.com compatible. You can get different video tapes and CDs or even run the program right from your computer. Pretty cool - altho I need to get some higher intensity programs.

I'll get to work now but will check in later. I'm looking forward to a normal week after the insane calorie-fest of last week..

Susan
Old 01-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Susan: Thanks for getting us up and running today!

My weekend was busy. Friday my older son had his wisdom teeth removed and so I was home with him. He's done really well with it--no major complaining and he barely took anything for pain other than the 800 mg. ibuprofen the doctor gave him. I was worried that he might have some swelling/bruising but nothing has surfaced. Looks like he's come through with flying colors!

I was in Chicago for a meeting on Saturday and flew back yesterday morning. I had a higher point day but only because I had indulged in a few drinks. I was also one of the lucky passengers to get my bags searched at O'Hare. Anyway, I'm home and glad to be on a somewhat normal schedule.

This week marks my 3rd anniversary of joining WW...it's hard to believe I'm beginning my 4th year. The time has gone by quickly and the ride is an enjoyable one.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:28 PM   #3  
LM

Hi everyone. A new week. Hope it will be better than last week.

We got some snow this weekend. Nothing big, but very pretty. Certainly not enough to keep us home today. Too bad.

Boy, trying to lose this 2 or 3 extra pounds (come to think of it, it's 4#) is difficult. I'm not used to 23 points/day. Can't seem to toe the line. Really makes me wonder how I did it all before.

Susan, you look lovely in color too!

Melissa, sounds like your son got through the wisdom tooth extraction with flying colors. No chipmunk cheeks?! Amazing!

Hope everyone else is fine.

- Laurel
Old 01-22-2002, 09:33 AM   #4  

Good morning. My, it was quiet here yesterday, Where is everyone?

Laurel: I know what you mean about toeing the line. I'm trying to stay under 25 points and am finding that difficult. I had a pretty good day yesterday though. My sister and I got out for a 40-minute run last night. It was hard getting out of the door, but man it was beautiful. A most excellent run!

Melissa: Happy anniversary. You deserve a lot of credit for setting a goal, achieving it, and working hard to maintain the loss. All of you ladies do, for that matter.

We are heading to the country this weekend - a recreational facility with 20 or so cabins scattered around a huge lake next to a small ski hill. We won't be going skiing (too tame for DH and DS - darling sister) and too scarey for me , however we're bringing our skates in the hope that the ice on the lake will be safe. Still too much freeze and thaw here in town to make skating possible. We'll also pack our running gear - can't wait to get out for a nice long run through the woods.

I'm heading out out town for the next two days on business. Will be making use of the exercise facilities since food choices will be a little more difficult.

E ya later.

Susan
Old 01-22-2002, 11:32 AM   #5  

It certainly has been quiet here on the boards!

Laurel: I, too, am working towards a 4# loss...this is my time of year to focus and lose. My son was really lucky, no swelling whatsoever. He was really good about using the ice packs that we got from the doctor, which most likely helped a lot. He's pretty much back to eating normal, although not crunchy things.

Susan: Thanks for the support Some days are easier than others but in the long run it's a great feeling to be where I'm at. It's sunny here today and my sneakers are calling me but unfortunately I have a meeting at noon so I won't be able to take advantage of the weather and getting outside to walk

Not much else going on here, hope everyone is doing well!

Hey Patch Where are you? Haven't heard from you in a few days.

Take care everyone!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:01 AM   #6  

Hey there all -

I've had a couple of pretty challenging days professionally and personally - and I ate myself silly. I was so embarrased that I couldn't even look at the humungous (sp?) points I was stuffing in my mouth... between a biz dinner on Friday, a Football party on Saturday, munchies on Sunday, and holday food spree on Monday.

Thanks Melissa and everyone for reminding me it's really through you guys that I keep coming back and remember why I'm doing this.

Patch
Old 01-23-2002, 02:54 PM   #7  

Hi all!

I went to my meeting today and stayed the same. I was relieved in that respect because being out of town on Saturday I ate way more than I should have. Live and learn.

It's balmy here, up in the 50's. Tomorrow it will be cold again. Catch everyone later!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:28 PM   #8  
LM

Hi, did I mention that I gained another 1/2 # at tuesday's weighin?? grrrrrrrr. that was with trying to be fairly good. this week trying to be really good. we'll see what happens. These bodies, I tell you, nothing but challenges.

SeaSaw: I'm so impressed by those 40 minute runs. wow. I sort of slacked off of exercising from around Christmas to last week. Boy, it takes so little to lose fitness and so much to gain it back.

whew.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #9  
si, si signora

hi everyone,
i'm back, actually got back on tuesday and was out of the office yesterday.

had a nice trip, met up with an email friend in paris and we hit the markets and shopped . DP and I did a lot of walking and puttering in London. I don't think I'm going back anytime soon, but who knows - well, maybe at the end of February for a day.

Ate pretty well with a few blips. I will write it all down this week. Walked lots and sacrificed fashion for comfort by wearing running shoes, but man did I feel better.

Things here are pretty depressing. DP is really unhappy with job move. Nobody is getting sleep at our house and I'm trying to be patient.

susan- Congrats on your new treadmill! I can't wait to get on one today.

laurel- oy, that weight will come off in no time.

melissa- sorry about the luggage searched. Coming through london, i was subjected to a secondary inspection due to my place of birth, sheesh. I had to show hotel receipts and answer all sorts of questions. Good thing my bag wasn't opened, it would have been a pain to cram all the stuff back in.

patch- at least you were conscience of what you were
putting in your mouth.

so, i got a magazine in london that had a ww recipe book in it with the british points. I wonder how they differ. I can tell you that weekly meeting fees are 40% less than they are here.

okay, gotta split.

lala
Old 01-24-2002, 08:30 PM   #10  

Hey all...

Melissa - Happy 3rd Year Anniversay!!!

to you too Kena I think I missed yours

Melissa you deserve a great deal of credit to be maintaining over three years - I "know".

I'm having the same trouble as Seasaw and Laurel in "towing the line". The munching line seems to be towing me!

I didn't go and weigh in on Mrtn Luth King Day, and so I won't know until next Monday what the official damage report will be

Seasaw your weekend cabin retreat sounds wonderful - have a great time. We're going up to the local 'mountains" to ski on Saturday and will be staying overnight with some friends who have a cabin like house up there.

Lala Bonjour! Ah Paris! I can't imagine a better place to go to markets.
Closed Thread