Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #16  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!!!
I had eggs this morning. A 5 point breakfast (eggs are 2 points ea, right?) but well worth it, it was yummy!!!
As soon as the girls head to school, I am heading to the YMCA to do a class called "Terrific Tops"... and then off to do some shopping and other misc. errands. Hopefully the eggs keep me full and I won't be trying to sneak a candy bar
Tonight, tae kwon do with the boys.

I love cooking with my crock pot too. I'd love a site that had low-point recipes but with decent sized portions. I don't need a ton, but sometimes that 3/4 cup doesn't cut it!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Morning everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Yep, I did go over in points but it's okay. I'm back today. Gotta get 2 more days of AP before WI on Thursday to meet my leader's challenge! It'll happen. Another Healthy Choice lunch today - blech, don't think I'll do those much again. Have a good day! Hope Paige had a safe trip home and Sandra, good luck with the move and hope to see you soon! Waving at everyone else (Waves)

Ann - where are you?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #18  

Good morning all!!! We had a safe trip back...what an exhausting (but fun!)weekend.

I was so out of my element as far as eating went. You can imagine my surprise when I came weighed myself last night (after eating McDonalds on the way home, but I had actually been good all day) and I was less than when I left? I guess we did more walking than I thought? Of course, we left in such a whirlwind on Friday that I forgot to put on my pedometer. Even so, I am back to "regular" eating today...I don't know how people can eat fast food all of the time. Even though the scale is being kind (for now...hoping it doesn't catch up with me) my body has felt sluggish all weekend.

Not much happening here today. Classes were cancelled today because there are too many Tuesday classes in the semester (don't ask, I don't know.) I was planning on going in anyway to work on my food show cake, but little dd has been dragged around so much and hasn't been herself, so I decided to stay home and let her hang out.

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Happy Birthday Laura!

Linda-Your oatmeal with pineapple sounds really good-I never even thought to do that! I am going to have to try it!

I didn't have the best weekend-I ate out for dinner every night (Friday, Sat, and Sunday) plus I ate out yesterday for lunch and dinner! I do not make good choices at all when I eat out. It is def something I have to work on. Plus I really need to start saving money so that should be an additional incentive for me not to eat out so much!
I have been going to the gym though, so that is one positive. I didn't go this morning because me and one of my friends had a girls night last night and I was up later then usual. I am going to be doing my weekly WI this week on Thur instead of Wed (because of Halloween) so hopefully that extra day will allow for some of this water weight from all of the junk go away.

I have to say...I am not feeling very motivated today or in the last few days at all. Any suggestions?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #20  

Tracy, I know what you mean about decent sized portions and 3/4 cup not cutting it. I am a volume eater, for sure.
Now, what would you be cooking in your crock pot that is so high in points, though, I wonder? I have a WW cookbook called something like "In one pot" and also own a great cookbook called "Fix it and Forget it Lightly". I can check out a few recipes for you and post them, but I highly recommend you pick up your own Fix it book, it's well worth the $12.00 or whatever it costs. There are tons of wonderful recipes in there that I have found.
Laura, I dislike the Healthy Choice foods, have to admit it's due to the lack of sodium, I think, that they leave out? I like Lean Cuisine and the WW Smart Ones but the HC ones leave me feeling blah, at least they did in the past. Their soups really were boring. Speaking of boring, I tried three kind of those 0 point Progresso soups and there is a reason why they are 0 points, I think. 0 flavor....I will be making my own Garden Vegetable Soup using the WW recipe and eating that, yet again. I need an afternoon to myself so I can make a big batch.
Paige, glad you are back safe and sound. Sometimes I don't get it as far as when losses and gains happen. I was talking with my leader about that just today. I lost .4, by the way. I felt like it was going to be more than that, I had been really good all week and end the week with flex points leftover, in fact. I went to the gym 3 times as well. But, the week before, I had been just as good and gained .6. I'm still .2 more than I was three weeks ago. It is really irritating. My body just won't let go of this weight no matter how good I am being. I'm seemingly "perfect" at maintenance as I have been hovering around the same weight for so darn long.
Well... maybe switching back to CORE will help? Perhaps the change in foods will push my body over this long term threshold? I was so very much hoping to go past that 150 barrier today... but still no. I'm really getting concerned that my weight will not go down and then the holidays are going to hit and I'll end up gaining even more.
I'm so tired, tired of doing it with no big result. Sorry to be a bummer, but I just want to break through.
Briza, I didn't actually put the pineapple IN my oatmeal, I had it on the side. But, maybe it would be good, who knows? When I was in Martinique several years ago I had a burger with grilled pineapple on top for lunch one day, it was the specialty of this burger shack by the beach. It was "to die for", truly. People also put pineapple on pizza and call them Hawaiian (but probably was not invented there, considering that pizza is supposed to be Italian and was invent in the US from what I hear).
Briza, not feeling motivated? I think all the socializing/eating out has taken it's toll on you. Number one, I would say to go to the gym and also to a WW meeting. I would also say that perhaps you need to suggest some fun activities to do with your friends that don't involve eating. Let's brainstorm about that kind of thing and what you would do.
1. Bowling 2. go to a museum 3. attend a sporting event (but don't plan a dinner before or after and bring your own 2 points bar in your pocket) 4. Go shopping in a place where you do lots of walking 5. Meet at a park for walking 6. Organize a volley ball or some other kind of game

There must be more things... keep trying!
If you all plan on eating out this coming weekend, research places that are better choices. What about Applebee's? What about a place with a fantastic salad bar? A place where you can get broiled fish, salad and not be tempted as much?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #21  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 173/169/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Thanks, Tech, Kim,& Linda for your ideas. I'll try them all.
I had my WI this morning and was up 1lb. at first I was down, then I said hey what the heck your only human then went ahead and had a great day.
Tech: I was wondering do you have the recipe for the Enchilada casserole you said you made. It sounds great

Have a great night all.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #22  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,
Welcome Lynn, good luck on your journey. Where in Ontario are you from?
Linda congrats on the loss. Thanks for all your great ideas. I love my crock pot. I should make something in it. It just hasn't been cold enough yet.

Laura, Happy belated birthday. I do hope it was your best birthday yet. I had a girls fun day today and shopped all day then went out for dinner and once I got home needed to spend time with DS and DH and then do a bit around here to get ready for Halloween once DS went to bed. I will do the rest in the morning.

Treighsie, I should have eggs for breakfast tomorrow as they are a food that keeps me feeling full longer. How was your class at the Y?

Janelle, I got in over 20,000 steps today and I am really tired now.

Hello to Paige, Erica, Kim, Kim2, Donna, Barb, Briza, Sandra, Noelle, and everyone else, I am so very sorry if I missed anyone. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.
Take Care
Ann
Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 AM   #23  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Halloween All.

I do hope that that candy does not tempt anyone.
At our meeting we talked about being prepared and popping popcorn and munching on that instead of the candy we are handing out.
I am not a candy eater so I am not worried. We get so many kids that I had to buy quite a bit. I am glad I don't crave that stuff. Now if it was fresh bread I was handing out I would have a problem...so I promise not to hand out fresh bread or buns. The children will thank me.
I asked at our meeting if the plan was changing but our leader only has her meeting Friday and she will find out then.
I do hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Ann
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone! Today is day 3 of CORE. I ended up using 4 flex points yesterday and I have vowed to not use more than 1 today, period!
As I do weigh myself every day, I do take note of what my scale shows as a pound loss. Of course, the proof to weather this all will be a success or not will be next Tuesday. Weigh in yesterday was rather dismal, but I do feel that CORE takes awhile for your system to adjust to. I do want to clarify, that even though I did have a .4 loss, I felt really bummed out. I expected MORE. My scale at home (why do I continually do this to myself?) showed that I was 149. I drove straight there, weighed in and it was 151 exactly. I, at least, figured I might be 150.4 or something. Oh well. I need to just work harder!
My eating plan for today:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal made with calorie countdown milk
Pear

Lunch:
Grilled turkey cutlet
black eyed peas (leftover from yesterday)
string bean
skim milk

Afternoon snack: if I am hungry, popcorn 94% FF

Dinner:
1 measured cup whole wheat pasta
CORE spaghetti sauce, homemade
salad, oil and vinegar
parmesan (none core, will count the point)

Dessert:
SF/FF chocolate pudding, sugar fee cool whip

If I am starving mid morning, I'll have a few grapes or a small apple.

So, that's it for today.

Lynn, sorry about the gain. There are just going to be weeks like that. I know as I have had them.
Ann, I use my crock pot all year, it doesn't have to be cold out! In fact, during air conditioning season, it doesn't use as much electricity as using the stove or oven and doesn't really heat up the house as much. It's really good to use for spaghetti sauce to let it simmer all day. I have a great roast that I do in it that I shared with you all before, you make a rub with mustard, and a few other ingredients and let it cook all day with potatoes and onion in it. It smells awesome and my daughter actually requests is periodically.
Ann, last year we didn't have a single trick or treater show up, but you never know. Each year is different. Next door we have a very little girl about 2 1/2 that was too young to go out last year. So, maybe this year we shall see her. I'll enjoy that. I bought only a little bit of candy and hope to not indulge. What a great idea to make popcorn right before opening up all the bags of candy! I shall do that tonight and that will be my own treat. I'm hoping to not have a single bit of the candy. If I do, that is what flex points are for, I guess. I am planning to go to the gym in a little while, so maybe I'll earn enough to have one tiny thing?

Last edited by derrydaughter; 10-31-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #25  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 173/169/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Hello everyone

Ann, we live about an hour South/West of Toronto, ON. Where are you ?
Well at least I know why I was up Linda, I had 3 very challenging events in the past week,one of which was my DD wedding,and I had a lot of stress with being around my ex and his gf (long abusive story) but I did it with only 1lb gain. could've been a lot worse. It's really helping being a member of WW & 3fc I'm learning so many new things my brain can't process them all
As for Halloween, I have planned for it.by buying my own sugar free candy and my ww leader talked yesterday about the topic. She said the little aero bars & smarties boxes are only 1pt. so if I have anything I'll have one of those and count it. I have asked my dd to lock up her candy in her suitcase, don't trust myself enough yet.
Well I Hope everyone gets through Halloween, good luck.

Last edited by smilely771; 10-31-2007 at 09:18 AM. Reason: missed spelled a word
Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #26  

Hello everyone,

Well yesterday was the last day of my nutrition class, I am a bit sad that it is over. I was supposed to sit down with her yesterday and figure out my calorie intake but she had double booked so I have to meet with her next Monday. I am proud of myself though yesterday before my class I met up with a friend from work and excercised we are thinking of doing a 5k this weekend (walking of course). Also after my class I met up with some friends and I was so proud of myself I only had 1 glass of wine, and I ordered a chicken primavera which was basically chicken with angel hair pasta and vegtables I don't think there was any sauce just garlice for flavoring it was pretty good and I didn't eat close to half of it. So that was an NSV, oh and I did good with the bread only had a little bit.

Ann: I got about 17,000 steps yesterday

paige: glad you had a good time
Old 10-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #27  

Linda-I cant believe you don't like the Progresso soups-I love them! I think they are great! I am not big into cooking so I like having them instead of making my own soup. Although, I probably will end up making my soup too. Soup is so great in the winter-low in points and very filling! Congrats on the loss! Maybe up your exercise a little for the breakthrough you need? I had oatmeal this morning since you made it sound so good...I actually think it would taste good with a little pineapple in it so I am going to have to try that soon!
Thanks for the tips too-actually I was talking to one of my friends last night and she suggested going to dinner next week. We actually both belong to the same gym so I said-what about if we meet at the gym and walk on the treadmill? She was into that idea too-save money and calories!

Paige-Congrats on the loss!

Hi Ann! Another suggestion is to buy candy you don't like! That is what I try to do at least. I am big into chocolate so I would rather give out skittles and twizlers-they do nothing for me so I am not tempted by them.

I am feeling better today-I think I just had a rough few days that is all. And importantly I am an emotional eater. I am going to make a little goal for myself and really pay attention to what I am eating when I am eating out.

Has anyone read the book Skinny *****?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #28  

Hi all...

Just checking in for the day. I've been so hungry today, and those bags of Halloween candy are staring at me, saying "EAT ME!!!!" (and I will admit to having SOME.)

It's been an awfully boring day. I missed class today to stay home with little dd, as she has been running a fever. She seems to be back to normal now, though.

I've been a little down today, too, so that's not helping the Halloween candy situation. I had a phone interview yesterday for a pastry chef position in Nashville, and it actually sounds quite promising. However, now that it's a reality, dh is kind of being a jerk about it. I always feel like he only half wants me to succeed, and that I'm being held back. It is really frustrating... if he was offered a job where we had to move, there would be no question about it, we would go. I have been looking in TN because we had agreed (or so I thought?) that we would like to live there, but now that I have someone interested in offering me a job, he's totally backing out of it. I know we choose the path that we are on, but sometimes I just wish I had thought about my path a little more carefully before I made my decisions, you know? I'm only 27 years old, and I feel like I am stuck in the mud.

Sorry, just a little grumbly today.

Hope you all have a great night....
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #29  

Paige-
I am sorry to hear that news...it is ok to be sad and grumpy about it. Maybe he doesnt fully understand how much it would mean to you? Try to be positive and maybe he will pull through...

your not alone with the halloween candy either!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:29 AM   #30  

Paige, I don't know what to say other than I am here if you need to chat and here is a cyber ((hug)) for you. It is hard for anyone to just pick up and move out of state for a job, let alone a spouse. I'd sit down and have a heart to heart chat with him and see where he sees your family in the next five years. Is the salary enough to support your family if he were not to find a job right away? Benefits?
Speaking of benefits, I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday as well. My DH is self employed and our health insurance is awful. I spent almost all day on the phone trying to get our family something better and in the end, have nothing. Self employed people really have little help in today's world, the insurance we could buy is so expensive that the payment per month would end up higher than our mortgage. Seems like something is wrong when it comes down to us not having coverage if something really goes bad. We do have a policy, but it really leaves us hanging if someone got really ill. The minor expenses we have had, though, have not been covered, particularly my larynoscopy done in August. I'm trying to pay off the bills, bit by bit right now. I wish I could afford to start saving up just in case something awful comes along. The situation has gotten so bad that I have begun to pray for something positive to happen. I seldom pray for something so mundane as health insurance, but I feel so "exposed".
Paige, I shall pray for your family as well that the right decision and choice for your family is made, no matter what that is.
Goodness, where did everyone go? Hardly any posts at all!
I hope that doesn't mean that everyone was out there eating up Halloween candy? We were all set for kids last night, but finally I gave up and turned off the outside lights and blew out the candle inside our pumpkin. No one came. I had five tiny pieces of candy, I figure a points worth as the package had 10 pieces (my son split it with me) and I ate half and the entire package was 200 calories. I enjoyed every bite, but the rest of the candy is leaving my sight today!
What plans do you all have for your leftover candy?
Smiley, good job then only having a 1 pound gain after an event like that! So, you have an X that you have to deal with? How long has it been since your divorce? I hate those kind of situations when people that no longer want to be near each other have to be, but for the sake of kids - you have to grin and bear it.
Haylo, good job on the NSV, you could have done so much worse. I look forward to hearing about how many calories per day you should be getting. Also, sorry if you told me and I don't remember, but I think I asked you how many points per day you ate on WW. I'd love to compare that with calories that you have.
I did well eating yesterday, all except my tiny Halloween candy indulgence. My husband has a special drawer that he keeps his personal stash of candy in his office and all the leftover candy will go in there except one package of Jr. Mints for my daughter, they are pretty low in points and she deserves ONE treat, but only one.
I did go to the gym yesterday and earned two points. I used those two points on parmesan cheese with my pasta and homemade CORE spaghetti sauce that I made in my crock pot during the day. So, my tiny candy indulgence has to be logged in as flex points used, no big deal.
Today will be just my daughter and I for dinner tonight. I have this love/hate relationship with those nights. We are both on WW, so it's nice to be able to cook something totally WW oriented on those nights, but I always feel like it's hard to cook for two vs. cooking for four in this house. I like making meals for the entire family.
I will cook something using boneless chicken breasts for dinner, and will go through one of my WW cookbooks while having breakfast to plan my day.
Here is my plan for the day for my CORE:

Breakfast:
oatmeal made with calorie countdown FF milk
peach

snack: (going to a quilt meeting have to be prepared with something) one banana

Lunch:
vegetable beef soup (Campbell's - note that all clear soups are CORE)
fat free cottage cheese
salad, with spray on dressing
1 slice toasted WW bread with butter spray (two slices are a point, so this doesn't have to be counted as flex)

snack: popcorn

Dinner:
Boneless chicken breast
leftover baked potato sautéed in 2 tsp EVOO
spinach

Dessert: SF/FF chocolate pudding with SF cool whip

I feel very in control and am very glad I didn't allow myself to go nuts with Halloween candy last night. The old me would have done that.
Hope some more of you decide to post today!
Miss you guys!
Closed Thread