Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #91  

Pedometer report: Well, I took it off when I put on my nightgown after dinner and was at 11,320. I guess I'm pretty active? It told me (I figured that out) I earned a point around 6,000 steps, but I chose to only know this and not use the extra point for food. It was good to know, at least! : )
Yippee! Lafayette has joined us! She's awesome. Be good to her, ladies, as she has recently had major surgery and is just getting back to being herself. I'm so glad you've joined us!!!!
So, what 80s styles are back? Gosh, I should not have unloaded so much of my old wardrobe! I have jeans going back that far and a few blouses, dresses, etc. I have a few of what I would refer to as "power suits" which make me laugh, I think of those women that used to be on the TV shows Dallas and Dynasty when I think of the phrase power suits. Poofy hair, lots of make up and these really powerful suits or dresses. I think we all dressed like that to some degree in those days, eeeewwww. I hope some of it doesn't come back, it deserves to be buried in the past!
My daughter seems to be doing well this week. She's trying hard again, I think. Maybe reading what I wrote about her was a shocker to bring her back to reality? She talked with our WW leader and started fresh with a new weigh in booklet and a new starting weight. The past is the past and she had a complete clean slate again. With this, anything that was lost before and re-gained is wiped from her records.
Paige! Awesome Yankees cake! I almost (I live in Red Sox territory) hope they win so your cake can be used for a celebration! Well, almost.... How did you make the blue fondant so shiny?
Ann, I was at least over your 10,000 step goal for today. I wonder if I take that many steps all the time? I will surely be intrigued.
Laura, I'm right with you. I have lost and gained the same 2 - 4 pounds off and on since about April, I think. I hate looking back in my weigh in tracker thingies and seeing that. I'm not giving up, and neither shall you! I won't let you! In fact, I need to send private messages (I'm such a nag!) to Erica and Erika and see where they are. I'm particularly worried about them. I hope to have time tomorrow. Or, if either of them are reading and not posting, I could just say "Don't make me PM you!", kind of like parents say "Don't make me come up there" in that tone that says the kids had better straighten up!
Lafayette is right, Laura, it will come back off. I'm proof of that. It might be just sodium, which totally throws me off. I am still so relieved that summer vacations are over, I can be serious again and don't have all those temptations. I know I can stay on track better now.
Tech, good girl doing all that bike riding! By the way, I caved where dinner was concerned as I just ran out of time to cook. However, my daughter and I took advantage of the Applebee's "Carside to Go" thing. It was OK. I think their onion soup is very high in sodium, but it at least filled me up along with a shrimp skewer salad. I ditched their vinaigrette dressing and have my own oil and vinegar. I wasn't sure if their 4 points for that salad counted their dressing or not, so I counted 4 for the salad and then the points for my oil as well. It was a 9 point meal and I still have 2 points for my WW dessert, thank goodness!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I'm not giving up - I will not let this damn weight beat me. I'm just frustrated, frustrated, frustrated is all. My podmate at work said I just need to figure out how to get past this and do it. Increase my exercise, do less points, do SOMETHING but break the cycle. Now to figure out what it takes to do that.

I've been such a firm believer that I'm not going to let my food issues control my life, that I'm going to participate and do everything that I normally do. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought if I continued doing what I always do socially, that I would learn how to fight the pound monster. I'm just not doing well at it. I need to evaluate deeply. Have I said I'm frustrated yet in this paragraph?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #93  

BUT . . . I did get my 10,000 steps in - it made me go out and finish off the remainder 5000 I still needed
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM   #94  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Can I hop in here? I have been gaining a lot of weight lately and need to get back on program.

I need help.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:26 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey yall I'm back. I have put back on some of the weight that I had lost. I am back up to 205. I have gained about 11 pounds since April. I need to get re-focused.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 AM   #96  

Welcome back scalewatcher and welcome to Sandra! No problem with you joining us!
I'm Linda and I've been a WW member for years and years, but on again and off again. I was almost at goal a little over 2 years ago when my dad became very ill and eventually died, then mom died shortly thereafter. The stress was too much for me and I blew it. After they both were gone, it took me awhile to get my act together and get back on program, with several "false starts". But, for a little over a year, I have been trying hard.
I have found the older I get, the harder it is to even chisel off 1/2 pound. But, I'm not giving up and I have a "slow and steady wins the race" plan and I am determined that this time is the last time. I do believe in lifestyle changes and I am really trying to do this.
I think it would be a great exercise for us all to list off a few of our amazing lifestyle changes!

Old me:
Would feel defenseless at my quilt meetings with all the food people bring. New me:
Now, I go with my own coffee or water (skim milk and Splenda please) and bring a small low point snack of my own. I'm there to be with people, not to eat
Old me:
Wouldn't exercise
New me:
Exercise more often, but not as often as I should. Now I am even wearing a pedometer!
Old me:
Would rely on fast food drive thrus on a very busy day when there are evening plans
New me:
Sets table before going out. Uses crock pot to make really good food so that the food is ready when I walk in.
Old me:
Loses control when dining out
New me:
Well, the new me is still fighting with this one, but I have done better. I have gone to having wine spritzers rather than two or three glasses of wine. I have gone to ordering ONE light beer as opposed to having two regular beers. I have tried not to participate in appetizers. I have salad and request oil and vinegar on the side. I'm learning quickly what NOT to order in some restaurants.

So, what are all of your old me/new me changes?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:45 AM   #97  

Those are great Linda and very very timely for me.

Old me
Would never eat breakfast and would eat whatever treats were brought into the office and be starving by the time lunch time came
New me
Takes breakfast to eat mid morning and makes sure she has something very low in points for snacks at her desk
Old me
Hardly ever drank water
New me
Starts out with water along with my coffee in the morning and carries a water bottle almost everywhere
Old me
Hardly ever thought about what was for dinner. The microwave could thaw out whatever I chose to have
New me
Carefully thinks about what I'm eating for the day and saves myself a nice healthy larger point dinner so I feel satisfied and gets me through the munching period of the night

Just a few small steps - very very timely Linda - Thanks
Old 09-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #98  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies.
Welcome Sandra and welcome back scalewatcher.
Good luck to both of you on your journey. I do hope you find this thread as helpful as I have found it.

Happy birthday Janelle. Have an awesome day.

Laura, hugs to you. You did awesome with the steps. Have a wonderful day.

Good morning Linda. It is awesome your daughter has started a new page in her journey. Yeah. Great idea about the new me/old me.

The old me would have driven every where and waited in the car until she could get a parking spot as close to the door as possible. Oh yes and would use drive thru's rather than get off my butt and walk in somewhere.
The new me walks everywhere, even making up excuses to walk. A bit strange but it works for me.
The old me would have avoided water the new me chooses water on purpose. I really enjoy drinking it.
The old me wouldn't be on this site. The new me looks forward to this site for the support I need.

Hello to Paige, Tech, Barb, Lafayette, Paige2, Erica, Erika, Kim, Kim2, have a wonderful day.
Happy Friday all.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 09-21-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #99  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Laura, we crossed posts. I find it so funny how that scale has such control over us, even when we have had a successful week. My DH can change his weight by 10 pounds in one day. He knows what he weighs as he has weighed the same for years but throughout the day it can fluctuate. Very strange.
You are doing awesome. You have a positive outlook on your journey. I look forward to your posts.
Have an awesome day.
Ann
Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #100  

I love your old me/new me posts! Really cool stuff!
Also, the old me would have gone to all the convenient drive thrus and the new me parks the car (shutting off the engine to conserve fuel and help our environment) and walks in to the bank, to get coffee or whatever.
I'm exercising myself and saving fuel all at once!
Well, I have vowed to get to the gym, no more excuses today!
Linda
Old 09-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #101  

Old me - grabbed the elevator in our parking ramp every time to get to the street level

New me - always takes the stairs and even uses the parking ramp on short breaks for power walking to get stress out and to get those extra steps in
Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #102  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Old me would gain a pound or two and just get frustrated, give up and gain 5 more then start over again and the cycle would just go on and on and on.

New me knows that there are going to be weeks when I don't loose, or loose very little and the numbers on the scale are no invitation for me to give up on myself.

Old me always saw this as a short term delay in my long term love of food and eating.

New me knows that this is my healthy and long term life I am dealing with and that there can be no short term solution to living it!

Linda - good idea! I like thinking about what I am learning on this journey!!

Welcome everyone new and hello to everyone regular (I wanted to say old, but that just didn't sound very positive!!)

I realized this morning that I didn't post yesterday.... as I was reading through 2 pages of posts to catch up!! Had a good day, but at the end of the day I only had a little over 1,000 steps???? Can that be? Pretty sad in comparison to all the steps you all are taking!! So I have to step it up a bit.... literally I am going to post and then get my butt out and walk. The kiddies are home today (teacher professional development day) so we have a few errands to run, I think that will help increase my numbers too. If I don't have a good show tonight, I am going to assume that my pedometer doesn't work the same as the ones you guys are using. It was just a cheap $5.00 one so it won't surprise me.

Ok, it is a cool sunny morning, and I am out for my walk. Post more later if time permitts. Everyone have a great day and weekend!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #103  

Hey Kim, I have to make sure I have mine more on my hip then on my belly area cuz my paunch doesn't make it ride the way it should
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #104  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Wheew.... just walked about 2.5 miles and got 5200 steps. I feel soooo much better. Now I feeling like I am keeping up with the pros!!

Thanks for the tip Laura... I was wondering if my paunch was causing me some "blockage" too???

Thought of another old me trick.... get a good workout and reward myself with a "naughty" treat or a big ol justifiable pizza dinner or something equally as counter productive.

New me got a good workout, and had a big tall glass of water and a yogurt!!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #105  

Gooooood afternoon all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am quite pleased with myself! I made it back to a meeting today! AND GUESS WHAT?! It's even a "mommy and me" meeting! So I can take dd and not worry if she talks!!! She actually was really good; just sat there and colored. OH, and I was down 2.6lbs! The last time I weighed in was 4 weeks ago, so it could of been better, but considering that I hadn't been to meetings, it could of been MUCH worse!!!

I woke up this morning with a feeling of being RENEWED! It was weird...just like all of the sudden I feel like I'm back on track. I don't know if it was because I was actually looking forward to going to the meeting or what. I also got my new WW pedometer!!! Now I can be cool like you guys!!! LOL!

Not much else happening here today. I menu-planned this morning, and have been op. YAY!

Hope you all are having a fabulous FRIDAY! It is beautiful here today!
Closed Thread