Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #76  

Good morning, will respond individually later on. Have a quilt meeting this morning to get to, running a bit later than I ought to as well.
Bad news: I re-gained a pound at my weigh in yesterday. However, it could have been much worse considering the wedding and family BBQ this weekend. I'll take it off, of course.
Good news: I did buy a pedometer at the meeting, but need some help figuring out how to use the ____ thing. No steps to report from me, yet, but I shall try it.
Maybe someone at my guild meeting can help me? : ) I am such a technophobe. Oh well.
Talk later,
Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #77  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All!

I had my WI this morning... and only half pd. down. I guess I shouldn't complain because I didn't get my walks in this week. And yesterday I didn't even get 2000 steps in. Of course I didn't put the pedometer on until the afternoon. I take it off downstairs at night, which I realized is bad because by the time I remember to put it on, I've wasted a good part of the morning. (forgot again this morning!!). So I think tonight I will just put it next to my toothbrush and hopefully I'll put it on first thing.

Took the kiddies out for dinner last night just because the schedule required it. Did well... had a yummy salad with shrimp. Light on the dressing and only ate two of the baked chips that came with it. Of course I looked like the odd man out since the kids all got waffles with strawberries!

Paige - you are my hero.... to make all that chocolate stuff and remain "good"... I would never make it. And I don't even like chocolate that much!!

Linda - Keep up your positive attitude! You not only can get back that pd. but you'll be down more next week! Good luck with the pedometer!

Tech - Just thinking about 25 miles makes my legs ache!! You are awesome!!

Ok, so I am going to get out my book and start my planning again. This journey sure has a lot of starting over.... good thing there is such a thing!
Kim2

Last edited by Belly Buster; 09-19-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #78  

Good afternoon....
Got my pedometer kind of figured out and have had it on since about 10:00 am. I'm up to 2143 steps right now and I will be doing and sorting laundry in a little bit, as well as vacuuming the house, etc. So I'll probably do quite well today.
Does it beep or tell you if you've earned a point? I already misplaced the directions, typical of me.
Laura, good advice and I know DD is trying to spread her own wings, you are right. It's so hard to stand by and watch, though.
Kim, I probably won't be able to clip this pedometer on to my flannel nightgowns so probably will not count steps until I'm showered and dressed. I wonder if this would work while doing the elliptical at the gym? I shall try to see what happens.
I know what it's like. It's crazy here as well since school started, and I'm not quite sure why it is that I am not getting much done around here. But, after this one post I have vowed to get my act in gear and just work all afternoon around the house.
Paige, good planning for your food! I'm already halfway through the day and way over on the points I ought to have had and I am STILL hungry. I'm going to have to earn activity points.
So, everyone, how many steps is your average day just "around the house"? How much are you all aiming for each day and when do you (if you do) actually count yourself as earning an AP? I think I might take an average number of steps per day and only count if I go over that amount, but how many steps would equal a point? Does anyone really know?
Well, off I go to really do some serious stepping around here for sure!
Erica, where are you???? Kim, you are right, the journey certainly does have lots of "starting overs". I have learned that this is actually part of the journey. We all need to forgive ourselves. We all have our own share of short comings, especially me.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 09-19-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #79  
Donna

Good Afternoon All,

Well I went to ww and lost a half pound. Considering how many times I ate fast food in the last 5 days, I'm pretty happy with that. However I will really need to buckle down if I want to meet my summer goal. And next week I can't go to my regular meeting, so I'll probably go Tues night. Although I might go Sat. morning, but I hate waiting that long.

On the kid's and WW note, I joined ww for the first time with my mom when I was about 15 years old. I know I never reached my goal, and can't really remember how well I did, but I do know that it taught me a lot about eating better for myself. I believe that even though I didn't follow plan this is why I didn't gain horribly at college. Well, until I worked at McDonald's and they gave me free food when I was working to buy food and pay rent, but that's another story. I don't have kids particularly teenage daughters but I think that all you can do is set a good example and make suggestions on how they should behave.

Linda - Good luck on the starting over. Sorry about the gain.

Kim2 - 1/2 lb is great. You need to think of it in a positive light or you will get discouraged and loose momentum.

Kim - I think you should talk to your daughter, even if she decides not to go I think she would be very hurt if you quit to spare her feelings.

Paige - Yea on the decision to make it to a meeting at a better time.

Laura, Ann & Haylo - Yea on getting in those steps!! You guys are doing great!!!

Well, I should go put the groceries away before my mom gets here.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 09-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #80  

Completely off subject....

Laura......Remember awhile back you mentioned how you were a BzzAgent?? Well after you had told us about it, I went and signed up and I just received my the product from my first campaign!!!! It's for a new gum called 5 (it's promotion is that it's supposed to have a great taste that lasts longer.) So far it's really good!!! Perfect for me to chew during class so I'm not tempted to "sample!"

Sorry, like I said, off topic...just was kind of had a "wow, this is cool!" moment!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

It is cool isn't it Paige! Glad you got a campaign - I get about 4-5 a year so it's not too much work.

I only got in 6500 steps yesterday. Today, I'm only at 3,537 right now and I'm working until 9 p.m. Might be hard to hit those steps today.

Last night was not a good night. I was just plain hungry and munchy - today hasn't been stellar either - I'm still okay in points but I'm starving and I'm about done with points for the day. Hoping water will help out - I HAVE WI TOMORROW!!!!! YIKES!!!!

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #82  

Ok, apparently I'm the queen of off being off subject today, but I finished the Yankee cake, and it turned out really good!!! Go to my myspace page and check it out!!!!!

To be back on subject...I think I did pretty well today. I stuck to my menu, but was glad that I had factored in some extra points, as I had two soft rolls that I had made in class. (at least I made them with olive oil, so I got my healthy oils in!!) I'm going to go have my planned low fat ice cream here in a minute, too.

You all are SO inspiring with your pedometers. I am anxious to get mine on Friday!

Have a fabulous night all!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #83  

Hello everyone,

Work has been crazy, I am so in need of a new career. I am just tired of doing speech therapy maybe I just need to get out of the school setting. This week has been dreadful I am trying to find something positive out of it since friday is my b-day but I just feel like work is out of control making everything else in my life out of control.

derry: I put my pedometer on first thing in the morning and then when I change into my clothes for work I switch it over the my work clothes. I have even gone out with it like out dancing or just out wherever. I don't have the ww on so I don't know if that one beeps.

paige: join us in our pedometer trend I bet you will have fun with it. Your cake sounds very difficult to make and it looks awsome I checked out your myspace page. My grandfather, uncle and cousin would love a cake like that they are huge baseball fans and at the top of their list is the Yankees.

tech: glad to hear you went down congrats.

I forgot what everyone else posted so hello to everyone!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #84  

Pedometer report:
Yesterday, I ended the day with about 6300 steps. I meant to write down the final total at the end of the day, but forgot. I woke up this morning and my new pedometer read "reset" so I guess it clears out each day if that is the setting it is on? I woke up early to bake pecan bars (only 3 points each, by the way from a Krusteez (sp?) mix) for my quilt meeting this morning and here it is not even 6:00 am and I've already got in 66 steps. Yes, it is clipped to my bathrobe!!!
I did find the directions that came with it, in the end (it pays to clean the house!) so maybe I'll figure out more things it can do. I could have sworn when a leader was talking about them ages ago, they said it would tell you if you'd earned a point a or not.
Tech, congrats on your loss! I am intrigued as to how many people I've heard from that have indicated they went, as teens, to WW. I agree that it probably helped you all through college as well. Too bad about working at McDonalds, though. You can't win 'em all! Imagine where you'd been if you had not been to WW and then worked there on top of it all, though. I am glad to say that McDonalds is doing a better job with offering healthier choices. I know they are now aware of their reputation and they are trying, at least.
Here is a good question for us all to examine. Of the typical fast food places we all might have in our towns, what are the healthiest and lowest point choices?
I, also, signed up to be a Bzzz agent, but didn't follow through. They sent me many e-mails and stuff in the mail and I got frustrated as it appeared to take up way more time than I care to devote to it, so I blocked them as an e-mail sender and have ignored them. The products sound so cool, and I was intrigued, but I just can't fit another thing into my schedule unless something drops, and I'm not willing to drop anything so far!
Laura, you sure are getting in lots of steps. Is about 6500 normal for you? I'm trying to grasp what is "normal" for anyone, especially me and what it takes to constitute earning an AP. I logged in 6300 for yesterday on an e-mail that I sent to myself, I'll add the number of steps per day onto the e-mail and re-send it to myself each day. I will then know what is "normal" for me. When I know what is normal and then try to go above "normal", then I could technically count it as AP, I think?
Paige, glad you finished that cake! After this, I'll check out your myspace to see photos, as I see Janelle checked it out already. Paige, I think you need a pedometer as well. My son saw me with mine yesterday and was mad at me for not buying one at Brookstone where he works. Turns out it was the same price as the WW one, as well. If I'd know, I would have. He says theirs is "better" (he insists that most of their stuff is better, a very good spokesperson) and it talks to you. I'm wondering what the heck a pedometer would find to chat with me about?
Today's plan:

Points Target: 20

Breakfast:

Toasted English Muffin: 2
butter spray
lite yogurt: 1
pear: 1

Snack: quilt group, I baked Krusteez pecan bars, they are 3 points each

Points remaining 13

Lunch:
Boca Burger: 1
2% American Cheese slice: 1
Lite WW bread, toasted: 1
WW Garden Vegetable soup: 0

Points remaining 10
GOAL: get in those healthy oils, it's been 2 days!!!!!

Dinner:

Roast Beef: 4
Baked potato: 3
Salad, oil and vinegar: 2
margarine for the potato: 1

Points remaining: 0

Now, here is my incentive. I either have to earn some AP today or use flex points for an afternoon snack or dessert. I hope to do something. Time for the gym will be hard today, have a really busy day ahead. So, maybe I'll squeeze in some time on my treadmill, at least.
But, I am still happy with what today will be. I am PLANNING to eat a 3 point snack at my quilt group and by planning it into my day and making sure it's a fairly low point treat, I can have a winning outcome!
Winning outcomes were the topic of this week's meeting and I like thinking about that outcome.
I like the idea that maybe I can fit into the few pairs of size 8 pants that are in my closet. They are old and out of style, very 80s looking, but it still would be wonderful to slip those white pants that I've not worn for years over my hips and be able to zip them.
The rest of my visualized winning outcome is that I would be back as a true Lifetime member and would ultimately make the choice to be a WW leader. I would dearly love to incorporate that into my life. Wouldn't it be cool to actually get PAID to help people do this? I love the idea. We shall see what happens down the road.
Success will be mine, I can feel it.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 09-20-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #85  

Linda - I normally put in about 6,000 steps a day and I work a desk job at both places. If I get my walk in, I'm easily at 10,000 or more. Yesterday I was around 5,000 steps. Yep, somewhere on here is the calculating of points. I'm a bit of a techno phobe myself so I'm just thrilled that I know how to reset and got my steps calculated so I can keep track. Heaven help me when the battery goes. I have the instructions in my inner zipper pocket of my purse so I know where they are at all times. I'll try to pull them out and check out the points calculation part. I know distance is there because I checked out how many miles I had walked on Saturday and it was well over 5 miles with going to the stadium and everything else
Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Hi! I usually post on the WW bus thread but Linda said I should stop by (blame her!).

I'm working on getting and staying back on track. A few years ago, I lost about 10 pounds, got in shape and went from a 12 to a 4. Then, I inched back up to a 6, then an 8... you get the picture. I've gained those pounds back with friends. I'm almost half-way back to my ideal weight and I need to step it up- I'm getting married at the end of March 2008.

Thanks for the inspiration to dig my old pedometer out of my drawer and get moving!

Linda, styles from the 80's are coming back! Just in time!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #87  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies
I hope you are all having a great day.
It is so awesome everyone is using or thinking of using pedometers. I really like mine. My personal goal is to walk at least 10,000 steps per day. As the steps add up I find I want to walk more. I know it is weird. It is like I am having a little competition with myself.
Janelle, I do hope your day goes well. Life is too short to be at a job you don't like. Maybe you could think of why you go to work and the positive things about it. Like the difference you make in peoples lives. It is admirable.
Good luck with walking and eating. Have an awesome birthday tomorrow.
Linda, you have great plans. Way to go. My friend wears her pedometer on her underwear, she believes she gets the best reading from wearing it there. My DH has driven my walking route and it is the same as my pedometer says so I just wear it on my waistband of my jeans or shorts. You are such a busy lady, you had already baked things early this morning. How is your daughter doing? Is she enjoying school?
Paige, your cake is awesome. I showed my DH he couldn't believe how great it looked. You have great will power I think I would eat what I made if I worked around food all day. You probably get a lot of steps in each day at school.
Kim 2, I do hope you get walking in today and that you find some me time. I have found that I have been really busy since school started back. I know that I thought life would have slowed down. Have a great day.
Tech, good job on your loss. I want to say wow, about your bike trip. I struggle to bike 5 k, you did amazing.....yeah you.
Lafayette, welcome. Good luck with your journey. I think that the styles from the 80's are coming back. I hope you are doing well.
Laura, that is a good idea to put the instructions some place you can find them. Unfortunately I did not do that. How is work going? You are doing great with your steps. How is your eating?
I really hope eveyone is having a great day.
Hello, Erica, Erika, Paige 2, Kim, Phyllis, Barb and anyone I missed.
Take Care
Ann
Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #88  

Arrrggghhh - bear with me here people. I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!! Up 1.4 lbs, all my work the week before wiped out - poof gone, in a stroke of a key stroke on a computer. I will admit right up front that I didn't have a stellar week but dayum, what I should have eaten for a 1.4 lb gain. I did show restraint, I really did. I got extra steps in this week. I took the stairs instead of the elevator. aaaaarrrggghhhhhhh I'm having serious serious self doubt that I am not up to this challenge. I thought I was I thought I could get past this but it looks like I just plain am meant to be a big ole fat person - I'm not crying but I want to so badly - it just so publicly humiliating to constantly fail at this
Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Laura, I can gain 1.4 pounds just retaining water, especially if I'm using my muscles more. It WILL come back off- hang in there!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #90  
Donna

Hello All,

I just got home, road my bike to work today and then went for a short ride after work. Went and picked up my pics from this weekend. So I went about 6 1/2 miles total. Not to bad along with being on my feet all day. Trying to work up the energy to go start dinner so I don't cave and order pizza .

Laura - YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. Maybe you need to take a break from the scale. Sometimes our bodies just don't want to give up what they have. Stick with it visualize yourself at a smaller size and you WILL get there. I know I have gone thru patches where I felt just like you do right now. For six months this winter I would lose and gain, lose and gain I ended up in April at the same weight I was in Oct. It was very discouraging. But I convinced myself that if I hadn't been going to ww I would not have had the losses just the gains, and would weigh even more! Don't give in to the temptation to quit. Give it a few more weeks, the gain this week could be anything from water to eating a heavier dinner 2 nights ago. Keep plugging away you'll get there.

Haylo - A day early, in case I miss it tomorrow. Good luck with the job thing.

Ann - I may bike a lot, but there is NO way I could run (bad knees from waaaay back), and I struggle to get in 5k - 7k steps a day even with working on my feet. I also had to smile when you called it 5k, I forget you're from Canada.

Laura - How did the quilt meeting go? Were you able to stick to your plan? Sounded like a good one.

Paige - The cake looked really cool. How's the planning coming?

Lafayette - Welcome to this thread. You're doing pretty great so far.

Well, I should go do something about dinner.

Have a great night everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 09-20-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Closed Thread