Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #16  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, I just started WW flex plan on Sunday. So far so good! lol

Linda, how much water or liquid did you put in the crockpot with the roast? It sounds really good.

I'll be checking back in.

Phyllis
Old 08-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #17  
Donna

Happy Monday All,

I'm supposed to be doing laundry and mowing the grass and maybe quilting some. Instead I've been surfing the internet to find places to visit on our vacation I did go to the park this morning and walked with my mom. Then I stopped on the way home and bought DH a present and cake (today's his b-day). I was proud of myself yesterday, even w/eating out lunch and dinner and going to the ball park I only used 6 flex points and I had them to use . It was a very fun day. NSV - for dinner my parents chose this restaurant they used to go to all the time, it has the best bread sticks, when they came I sent them to the other end of the table and didn't have any

Kim2 - wrong ball game. We went to see the Lugnuts in Lansing. It was a lot of fun and less than half the price!!! Don't get discouraged about the scale it doesn't always tell the whole story, maybe there was more salt in what you ate this week, maybe you're body's hanging on to water from the exercise could be any number of things. Just keep doing the right things and wait a little while.

Ann - Ride the bike, you'll have fun, if I can do it anyone can.

Linda - I saw a study going the other way that lack of sleep can cause weight gain. So I guess saying good sleep will cause weight loss might work, definitely wouldn't hurt.

Laura - Yea on planning for yesterday. Who's wedding is in 5 weeks?

Kim - sounds like you've had a fun b-day week. I can't imagine missing too many meals, I get a headache and crabby and everyone I know is shoving food in my face so I'll stop.

Haylo - glad you had fun at the game. Sounds like a good game plan with your friend. Good luck getting back to work.

Barb - hope you make it to ww on Tuesday.

Erica - have fun decorating, and good luck staying out of the pantry.

Well I'm debating about ww this week. I usually go on Wed am, but I picked up an extra day at work so can't this week. I could go back to the Tues pm meeting but, we're having steak tonight for DH's b-day and I usually try not to eat something that heavy before wi. The center by us also has meetings Wed and Thurs nights, and the leader Wed morning does Thurs, so that might be an option. Then there's always Sat am where the old leader for Tues is....I just don't know, I'll work it out.

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
Old 08-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Tech - my BIL surprised us with air tickets to LA!!!!! to his daughter's wedding on Manhattan Beach in early October! We're super excited
Old 08-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #19  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone...Guess what we got our own bus...Whooo,Now I will not have to [pick up the kids..They pulled a quick one on us today. They changed the times for pick up and it was not supose to start until tom and today they came 10 min earlier .Basically half the nieghborhood did not make the bus. So we called in, complained and talked to the Principal. She made way for us and wanted us to be happy due to the redistricting..So no more long rides....They still have to go to the sister school for 15 min and pick up 3 kids that live in the nieghborhood , but they will be the first dropped off so about 20 min compared to 50.....I am so happy...Now I can relax and focus on me..Doesn't stress cause weight gain??? Whew

Tom I am going to wi. I was hoping to get a discount. Do They have one? I am nervous to see the # I may not look at the old # to see how much I gained until I lose some #s. I still have my old book. I did get a walk in today. A few miles. It was ok. I came home to ice my foot. I sure hope that helped.I will know tom on that.

Tech I have gone to a few lugnuts games. I have a sister in st.Johns. We had a good time. Now we go see the clippers. I think they may be in the same league, or conference..Have you gone to the mint festival there...I love it ....The ice cream is pretty good too.

Phyllis good luck with flex. I will be with you on that one....

Erica, sorry if I missed a post but do you live on a pumpkin farm.... If so how cool. I love Halloween. It is one of my fav holidays...Fall, leaves, pumpkins, apples and scarey things....

Hello to anyone I missed and good luck on wi.....Barb

s
Old 08-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Linda-wow, I'm eating that recipe right now, it is sooooo good! And it was so nice to come in after a long day, and be rewarded with such a great meal! Yum!! This is one is a definite keeper!! I used a chuck roast though because that is all that I had. Sounds like you and your husband enjoyed some quiet time. That seems worlds away from me right now. Although we did get to pick pumpkins together today, but it was so hot out, that there wasn't much conversation.

Kim-that sounds like a fun place! We have a dairy farm and pumpkin farm. We milk 400 cows and work 1800 acres of land. Then in the fall we have about 75 acres of pumpkins, but our pumpkin farm is more like a festival; we have horse drawn wagonrides, animal barn, hay maze, corn maze, lots of different fall bakery foods, etc. Lots of stuff for kids to do, and we don't charge admission, so we're pretty popular in our area.

Barb-I love fall too. I was thinking today, how I met my husband when I was 17, and I just turned 35, I've been picking pumpkins for 18 years now, and I wonder how long my body is going to take it. It is truly back-breaking work, but at least now I'll be getting a lot of exercise in.

Wow, after having Linda's CC pot roast, I feel so satisfied, I'm hoping I'm done for the day!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #21  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Boy, I really needed to sign in this morning.... I have had a really bad attitude today and I really didn't care what I ate. Didn't plan for the day, or write anything I ate down. It is probably a good thing that I was gone most of the day. I took the kids school shopping so I wasn't around food. We stopped at Taco Bell for a quick snack, and I didn't even think about what would have been a good choice. We all just got a burrito and soda and called it a day. Then tonight we had BLTs, which I guess weren't all that bad, but I didn't care if they were or not. I was thinking on the way home, I am amazed how I have let one bad eating day totally take the wind out of my sails. I have felt so positive for these last two weeks, now I feel like I am starting all over again. Ugh. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day too. Meeting a friend and her kids at a park near here for picnic and swimming, then going out to dinner to celebrate August birthdays with some other friends. I know that I have to get my head in the game otherwise it will be a big disaster!! Grrrrrr!!

Erica - Your place sound fantastic!! My DH always puts in a big garden and this year his pumpkins are enormous. We have never grown anything this big! This kids are sooo excited to carve them!

Tech - Yup DH went to Comerica.... but we are taking the kids to Lansing on Saturday! We love the lugnut games. They are very affordable and the kids love that we can get so close to the field.

Laura - What a great surprise.... My friend used to live in that area and it is really nice!

Phyllis - Welcome and good luck!

Well, we are suppose to be getting in bed early and getting up early as an attempt to get on the school schedule. We are already behind, so I better get everyone moving. I do feel better after reading everyones post and writing my own frustrations. I know that this is a long journey (why doesn't it seem like it took a long time to get here????), and I have to just move one day at a time. I need to visualize what I look and feel like ten pounds lighter. Maybe get out this old college picture I have, I was really fit that summer and looked terrific. That could be some positive motivation. Deep breathe in, long breathe out......

Good night all! Kim2
Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #22  

Kim, I honestly don't know HOW to add you, or anyone else, as my buddy on myspace. I'm so pathetic when it comes to things like this. I will try to figure it out.
Where is everyone? Hardly any posts today. I miss you all.
I'll check my myspace to see if I can figure it all out, Kim. If not, perhaps I can get you guys to walk me through it?
I'm up at the lake and it's very peaceful up here right now. My plan for dinner was changed due to a power failure, but all turned out ok and within plan anyway.
I got some quilting done this afternoon as well, which was quite pleasing to me. Tomorrow morning, I will NOT set the alarm and I paln on going out on the paddleboat to earn a point or two. I do love being her, but it's odd being alone here.
I got a text message from my daughter and I feel really badly. She's starving... sitting around at 8:00 at night and no sign of dinner yet... these people live on an entirely different schedule. She seems unhappy, I wish I could help her.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #23  

Hello everyone,

Thansk for all your suggestions with my friend situation Work was not bad today it was just hard getting back into it.

derry: Yup I got your message I added you as one of my friends, to add kim just click on me or paige under your friends then it will take you to my profile scroll down and it shows my friends click on view all friends and kim is on there, her profile will then pop up and then there is a little box on her page and click on add to friends (hmm I hope this makes sense it's funny trying to type out instructions) once you do that you can be added to kim friends and she will be added to yours. To change your picture when you log on you are taken to a page where you can edit information click on add/edit photos there will be a box for upload photos click on browse to find the photo you want make sure you know where it is saved find the photo you want and click open the link to your photo will appear in the box that says browse from earlier then click upload then it will appear under my photos open up your photos and click the one you want as default. Hope this helps. If you have any questions I am sure Paige, Kim, or I can try to help. I hope your daughter is okay.

paige and kim: maybe you can help with the explanation I gave Linda I may have skipped over something

djmommy: glad that the bus situation is working itself out!! As far as WI, I think right now it's free registration well at least here in San Antono it is.

tech: I probably would be doing the same thing, planning a vacation is so much more fun!!

o2bskinny: good luck with school, gosh I have that itch again to want to go back to school I just finished my masters and what... I want to go back. I just love school I know I am a weirdo. Best of luck.

ericaL: good luck with all the decorations

I keep forgetting I need to find a new WI day maybe Wed this week today and tomm. are already out of the questions just b/c of work stuff but I think Wed may be good.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 AM   #24  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening.....or to some it is morning already.

Linda, I requested you as a friend on myspace, so you don't have to figure it out. It just takes some playing around on it......you will figure it out.
Let me know if I can help though.

Tomorrow is weigh in.....DD won't be able to go. She just started cheering for the town football youth league. and they have practice tomorrow during the meeting time. Anyway, she was in a blah mood and didn't seem to care what she ate. I didn't nag her. I told her I would get her and I both a new food journal tomorrow night and then Wed, we would make a new start of it. The craziness of the last week and 1/2 has apparently gotten to her too. Tonight I got a wild hair and started eating like crazy. What is the deal??? I am certainly not giving up, and have a great attitude on restarting with her on Wed, but why the he?? is this so hard to stay on track like we should?
Anyway, I am down in the dumps I guess, so I am gonna go read a little more in my books and go to bed.

Here is to a better tomorrow for ALL of us!!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Kim
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 AM   #25  

Good morning all!

It's my first day back to school! Yay! This week I'm having the neighbor girl come over to watch dds; it will be nice to be able to just drive off to school without having to stop first.

Eating has been going well this week. I have been eating "normally" again...not skipping meals, not overeating. I really feel lately like food is not ruling my every thought anymore (maybe because my head is already spinning with so much else!!!) My scale hasn't shown it's "favorite number" in at least a few days. I think that is pretty promising for wi on Thursday, especially since my 5 hour long lab classes are like workouts. I have one today, tomorrow, and Th...I am going to be sore getting back into this routine!

Barb-That must be such an enormous relief that the bus situation is taken care of. Good for you, for taking control of the situation.

Janelle-It really stinks to have to let go of people like that, but sometimes it just has to be done. I have friend...she was actually in my wedding...and all the sudden she joined this extreme holy-roller type church. I have gone to church all of my life, and all of the sudden here she was preaching the Bible to me, quoting scripture (and interpreting it how I do not believe it is meant to be interpreted.) I even visited her one time, and she begged me to go to her "assembly"...I have never been put in such an uncomfortable position in my entire life. I still talk to her every now and then, but I have to keep my distance from her. It sucks...she is one of those people who has an "electric" personality, she was always one of my most favorite people to be around, but I can't have a friend that is constantly is trying to get me to change something that I have a strong belief in.

Linda-I can't even image what it would be like to have four days by myself! It is too bad if your dd isn't having a good time, but she made her choice... she will learn from it.

Erica-I have GOT to bring my girls up to your place!!! They would love it...it sounds like so much fun!!! Can you pm me your info, and when the "festivities" usually are happening? I think I could get dh to take a drive up there one day on the weekend. I didn't realize, for some reason, that you have a dairy farm as well. We have a family farm at my uncle's house that my uncles and my dad still run. It is so much work...I hate seeing my dad so tired out from it, but it's the only way they can keep good health insurance for my grandmother. My dad is retiring from it this January, thank goodness.

For all of you that had the tornados this past weekend...I didn't realize it till yesterday, but apparently we did, too (well, where my parents are, 3 1/2 hrs from here, still in NY.) One town there was declared in a state of emergency. Luckily the only person hurt just had broken glass in his eye. It also touched down in the town my parents live in and ripped up a few buildings.

Sorry not to address all, I've got to dry my hair and get my uniform on!

Chat later!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 AM   #26  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I thought we would take my DS to the Enchanted Water Safari one more time before it closes for the season. What a great day we had. We walked so much and I even found a salad for lunch. It looked pre-made this time, I just picked out the yucky stuff...which is strange for me. I was glad I did.
Linda, I do hope you are having a great week. You had mentioned about sodium, and I had a hotdog on Saturday at my friends house. I was still within my points for the day. On Sunday I was at another friends house and the scale was up two pounds. I was shocked. I got my DH to get my scale out for yesterday and today to see how it was and I was back to normal. The only thing I could think of I ate that I normally don't is that hotdog. Yikes.
Paige, good luck at school today. It must feel awesome to be back. Have a wonderful time.
Erica, your farm does sound wonderful. I think my DS would love to visit. You must get such a workout just with daily living on the farm? Your girls must love living there?
Tech, you seem so focused, good for you. I still haven't rode my bike. I am now starting to feel guilty as my DH got me a bike and it is sitting in the garage. It is just after I walk and then go for my run during the day, I don't feel like I have time to bike. (that's my story)
Barb, I am so glad the bus got taken care of. It must be such a relief. Now it is time to concentrate on you.
Kim, good luck getting back on plan. I found rereading my book one from ww when I felt like eating helped to inspire me. Or walking, I found when I felt like eating something I shouldn't or didn't know what I was going to eat if I walked first I didn't eat like a crazy woman.
Kim2, I hope your week is going well. I haven't been to taco bell in two years, I feel like a taco and it is only 6:30 in the morning.
Laura, Yes I still run, I took the day off yesterday though, because I was just too tired when I got home. Oh yes after the water park I had to go shopping. I got all kinds of sales for school stuff. I just love those Super Wal-marts. I can't believe how inexpensive things are there.
Erika, Paige 2, Emma, and Ginny where are you? I do hope all is well.
Haylo, I do hope that you have an awesome day and you drink a lot of water, and exercise and have fun. We need a new challenge. I really enjoyed our walking challenge. We could keep that one going if you want to.
I do hope everyone is doing well and that you have a great Tuesday all.
Enjoy your day!
Hello to anyone I missed.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #27  

I'll try to play with my myspace later on. I made a facebook page as well the other night too. I was in an adventuresome mood.
I want to save my play time for that kind of thing until later though, as the bright morning sunshine and my breakfast are calling my name.
I watched two "chick flicks" yesterday while I was cutting my fabric and made my own dinner on my own. It was fun to go to Blockbuster on my way out yesterday, I selected five movies that the rest of my family probably wouldn't enjoy and wouldn't want to watch with me, that felt great to do my own thing.
This morning's breakfast will be a 2 point mini bagel with lite cream cheese, a one point yogurt and a pear. I've been journalling and all will be good! I plan on earning 2 activity points today as well. Lunch will be a turkey pita bread sandwich with lettuce and tomato. Dinner will be a WW meal that my daughter and I cooked when were here her least week and froze the leftovers, it was good last week and I look forward to having it this week too. It's a spaghettia bolagnaise (sp?)
As usual, forgive any spelling errors as this laptop doesn't have spell check.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #28  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am down to 142 again this week ... now onward and downward! Linda ... THANK YOU ... of course your suggestions worked and I'm so grateful you took the time to spell them out.

I had a good run yesterday - 2.75 miles - and I'm planning some yoga for later today. Food plans:
PB&J toast (3)
blueberries & coolwhip (1)
salad (5)
hummus & crackers (3)
chicken saagwala and rice (7)
wine (2)
ice cream (4)
total = 26

Sorry ... I am WAY too far behind to do personals today ... but I will try to be better. Hugs to all and wishes for a terrific OP day.

If anyone is interested in seeing the dress I made for Claire, click on the "visit my blog" link in my sig!
cheers
Erika
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #29  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI everyone..I finally joined again..I am so glad. i did talk to the leader about why I quit and she is willing to work with me again..She is a great leader and helps you personally each week.(if yo like) I erased my tracker because I know I gained a lot but not sure how much . I may check later. I put on a Halloween thingy to remind me of my Halloween goal which I think is going to be 12 pds. I would shoot for 2 pds a week but I know that will not happen.

Does anyone have a good pork loin recipe for the crock.? I will use the left over for pulled apart pork sandwhiches for Dh but would like something different than what I normally do for the inital dinner.

Hope you all hgave a good day. Sorry about not responding to anyone but I am in a hurry to get caught up around here.....Take care Barb
Old 08-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #30  

Hello everyone well day two down at work and it hasn't been to bad the only thing is that when I get home I just want to munch on something I wonder if it's b/c I am moving around more during the day. So yesterday I went to the store and bought fruit and jello's and stuff so that I will be able to come home and have a healthy low point snack. As far as my eating well it's been pretty good except today I think I ate something with a little to much olive oil I was trying this recipe and I don't think I liked it to much I like olive oil but I think I am going to need to add some vegtables and maybe some chicken. The recipe was basically noodles, olive oil and some bacon bits I think that's what threw it off was the bacon bits so I think tomorrow I might try to fix it up a little.

Derry: I got your message from you myspace, it does take time and playing around with but once you get the hang of it, it's not to bad. Sounds like you had a nice "me" day sometimes I love those kinds of days.

paige: yeah, sometimes those types of friendship's as fun as they can be are just not healthy for us.

ann: my excercise these past two days has been zero, today I wanted to excercise but I have to go back to work for an orientation. I would love to do our walking challenge again, yesterday as a matter of fact I walked 10,000 steps just at work alone. Today I only got 5,000 probably b/c I spent most of the day infront of the computer tyring to come up with a schedule. My goal tomorrow is to walk 10,000 steps, excercise, and go to WI I can do this. I always forget about water I need to do better with this so tomorrow my goal is to drink at least 32 oz of water. My bday is coming up in late september and I really want to lose some weight, I also have a wedding to go to so I am going to use those two things as motivation.

djmommy: glad you went back to the meetings

eus: congrats on being down

02bskinny: I think getting a new journal will be good for you, think of it as staring over as a matter of fact I will do that with you tomorrow I am going to get a new journal and start over.
Closed Thread