Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 06:16 AM   #1  

Question Question about step counter and activity points

I've got one of these new pedometers that counts the steps I walk during the day. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps. About 4,000 or 5,000 of those would be in addition to my usual number. Does anyone know how to convert those to activity points?

TIA,
Janice
Old 01-01-2002, 03:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/135/152

Height: 5'4"

You can't convert steps to activity points per se, but you can convert the amount of time you've spent walking. Most pedometers also have a stop-watch function, so if you start out on a walk, you can time yourself. If, what you're doing is general walking, over and above what you usually do, try to estimate the extra time it's taking you to accomplish this (congrats!) and convert that time to activity points, providing it's done in at least 10 minute increments you should be all right (every 20 minutes is about a point depending on strenuousness, your weight, etc.).

Good luck...
Closed Thread