Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #46  

Happy Monday all!!

Linda-That's ok...just whenever you get to it. Vacation is never relaxing!!! LOL!

Laura-Yes, my dh has been on ww off and on. I "challenged" him to a little weight loss contest in the beginning of June...right now he seems to be winning. We each set a goal weight for ourselves, and if we each meet our goal we get a "prize" that we each picked (mine is 1 night out of the house each week for 4 weeks...with no phone calls asking when I'm going to be home!!!) and then we are also doing our % of total body weight lost. Whoever wins that gets to pick what we do on a date night. He doesn't go to meetings, so we are going from our scale at home. It is different than ww's scale...last week I stayed the same; today is wi, and it looks like I'm staying the same again. I think he was down 4 or 5 lbs yesterday. *ARGH!*
That annoys me, especially this last week...I've been joking that he's been pmsing because he keeps saying that he just wants to eat all day.

Ann-Thanks for checking out my cake. I am starting to think more about getting licensed to do cakes and baked goods from home (you have to have an entirely separate kitchen, which we would have to build, but it would be less expensive than paying to rent each month.) I know I've mentioned that I started a xmas cookie business a few years ago...I just spoke with dh about it the other day, and I'm really going to go at it full force this year and see what happens. If there is a real response (and I think there will be because people know that I do it and are expecting it this year) then dh agreed to building onto our house to add the extra kitchen. Although baking clashes with WW, it is the one thing that really, truly makes me happy. I don't think I could ever get tired of it.
Yes, some of the pictures of my girls are from our beach vacation. There are a few that are from camping, too.
How are you doing with not weighing in? I think I would have a hard time with that...not because I think I'm a scaleaholic (hehe, Linda!) but because I think it just helps to keep me on track a little. When I don't weigh myself, I don't really know how I'm doing.

How is everyone else doing this morning? Did everyone have a successful weekend??
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #47  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Laura, My daughter and I will start tomorrow night. She is 11 and needs to lose some weight and I CERTAINLY need to. So, we figured we could support eachother and make eachother eat right. Anyway, I was waiting on a doctor note from her doctor saying he approved her going and what her goal weight should be.

Linda, ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!! We will all be here when you get back. Relax and have a good time!!! I sure wish I was on a vacation right now!! I am jealous!

Paige, There are lots of things that trigger migraines. I am positive mine was triggered by sinuses. I would start out sometimes with a sinus headache and then it would go into a migraine. Like I said, after the surgery, I have had very little trouble aside from the regular seasonal sinus junk now and then, but that is mostly allergies. There was an article on headaches and migraines in the Woman's World magazine last week. It had a list of triggers in it. Your cake is awesome. That is great that your hubby is on board with you on doing a kitchen for your cakes. From what I have seen, you will certainly be successful at it!!!

Went to a local minor league baseball game yesterday. Glad I wasn't on WW! I won't tell you what I had, but I almost saw it as a 'last meal' kind of thing. How weird is that??? Anyway, they were giving away a basket of stuff in a drawing (it had a huge throw/blanket, a t-shirt, a tray, and a ton of stuff). In the 5th inning they called my name! I won!! I never win anything EVER. So maybe that is my sign things are gonna change! I was really excited.

Well, I am going to check on my girl and her friend, they are in the pool. I will be back later to check in.

Kim
Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #48  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies, I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday.
Paige it is so funny that I saw your post today about not weighing myself on the scale. I was getting anxious today because I have no true test of how I am doing. I know the dietician says it can be in inches, loser clothing, feeling better about myself and things like that. I do find the scale keeps me on track, or at least that is what I have known. I am trying to be patient and just go with it but it is a little freaky. It is like I have to meet certain conditions and then I will get to be weighed. I am sure it is not like that, just feels that way. What great ideas you have in regards to baking? That wold be a great christmas idea. Didn't that woman who started little Debbie's cookies start out of her home? Awesome ideas.
Kim, how are you and your daughter doing today. It is great you and your daughter both will be more aware of food. Knowledge is power. My son is always out in the pool too. He loves swimming.
Tech, how was your day? What do you have planned for the week?
Linda, I hope you do get to relax.
Haylo, hello my walking buddy, when are you back? I hope you had a great time.
Erika, one of my neighbours has just gotten back from Newfoundland and he had so many pictures. It is so beautiful there.
Erica, how are you. I hope today was a great day for you.
Hello, Patty, Rennie, Emma, Ginny and Briza, I hope all is well with you.
Paige 2 how are you doing. I hear it is extremely hot where you are.
Laura, have a great time with your friends.
Hello anyone else I missed.
Take Care
Ann
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #49  
kpe
Paige

Hi ladies!! My grandmother is doing great and will be released to a rehab center probably tomorrow which is fabulous news!

Paige- Sorry you didn't win anything towards your tuition on Saturday. I did check out your myspace and I loved your cakes!!! The one I call Alice in Wonderland cake was my favorite... it was the 3 tier slanted cake! My dh is doing WW with me too... and it stinks that they lose faster then we do!!!

Kim- Is your daugher excited about getting started? I think you both will be great support for each other!

Linda - Sounds like your having a busy... but great time!

Erica- Hang in there!! I know how you feel about always being hungry!!!

Laura- How exciting to meet your internet friends!! I'm actually going to meet up on Thursday with a photographer designer I've met through my digital scrapbooking... should be fun!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!! Dh is fixing dinner so that's nice so I'd better go check on him and make sure he doesn't make too much of a mess!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #50  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Ann and Paige...I think she is ready to start, I don't know about excited, but she really does seem ok with it. I know I am ready. I have my last final exam tomorrow for the summer term and my first WW meeting tomorrow night. I plan on going to the grocery store after the meeting (with my daughter, of course) and getting the stuff we need. We both love fruit and veggies, so that part should be easy. I subscribed today to the magazine light and tasty. I won't get it until Oct or Nov, but I usually like alot of recipes they have.

My family is going constantly and we eat way to much fast food. Do you ladies recommend the restaurant points guide?? Also, what other "extras" do you suggest we get at our meeting? I want to be armed, so I would love some suggestions.

Ok, gotta go study for a while.

Kim
Old 07-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #51  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Oh Paige.......That is wonderful about your grandmother!!! Any idea how long the rehab will take? I know she will work hard to try to get home. My dad was really sick a couple years ago and he worked harder than I had ever seen him at anything while in rehab to get home. YAY for her!! That is great news!

Kim
Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #52  

Kim-I'm way cheap...I don't ever buy anything at the meetings. They have the ww bars and other foods, plus lots of gadgets and books. I go to Dottie's Weight Loss Zone (dwlz.com) to get restaurant points. I used to purchase the WW 2pts bars, but they are SO expensive!
Thanks for the advice, too, on the migraines. I'm really glad that you had said something about yours being related to sinus because I really always thought there was that connection with mine...maybe there isn't, but I've decided to go to a ENT and have them check me out.

Paige2- That is really great that your dh does ww with you...even though they do lose it faster (dh "weighed in" today and he was down 5 lbs! UGH!) it is really nice to have a buddy in home. Thanks for checking out my cakes, too. That topsy-turvy one was one of my final practicals for one of my classes last semester. I think I got a 95 on it.
I'm so glad to hear that your grandmother is doing better!

Goodnight all!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:32 AM   #53  

Well, here I am today, it's "the morning after"... after the ice cream sundae that is. Oh well.
I'm vowing to get back on track today, my company is gone and I don't have the pressure of entertaining and others around to influence me.
I want to start enjoying MY time here at the lake.
Love to all,
Old 07-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Well.... I think..... I am going to go WI tonight even though, I know that the scales will jump up a minimum of 5 lbs. How sad is this....I don't want to go because I am too embarassed.... that my leader (who is now my colleague in WW) will know this. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I think it's the only way that I can lose this weight and finally get to my goal. What do you all think? I'm sick of feeling like a failure.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #55  

Erica, you are just in one of the "valleys" in this process. If you don't go, weigh in, face your demons, you will not be able to work your way through it and get back up on the peak where you belong. Everyone who does WW (or makes any effort to lose weight, no matter by what means it is) knows how difficult it is, and how easy it is to fall off the wagon. I don't think you should feel embarassed...I think your colleague would be quite understanding and would be able to relate to what you are going through. You are not a failure at all...you are human.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #56  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Paige 1, Thanks for the website.....I will have to check that out! Maybe make copies of our favorite places and keep it in the car. I am glad you are going to an ENT. Mine saved my life. I was so infected it was gross. I had sinus surgery, and I have to say it was not a pleasant experience, but it was the best thing I ever did. Anyway, good luck and lets pray they can help!!

Erica, I think it is great that you have your leader/WW colleague to answer to with the scales. What a motivation! Go, and get mad at yourself this week, then make the decision that you WILL be proud to step on the scale next week! You can do it! You are not a failure.
Ok Erica.....here is your quote for the day!!!!
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there. -- Edwin Louis Cole

Be back later ladies!
Kim
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #57  

Hello everyne, well I am back from my beach vacation it was nice and relaxing. Did get some walking in but not as much as I would have liked. I did eat okay but did have a couple of bad foods. I hope everyone is doing well. I missed you guys as usual. Welcome to all the new people, seems like there are a lot more people on here now. Today I am planning on going on a walk with my dad and the dog and tomorrow I will be waking up hitting the gym meeting up with my aunt we are planning a bridal shower for her soon to be sister in law and then we are going to go walking in the evening. I hope this plan of double excercise works out tomorrow but either way if she can't excercise in the evening I am planing on doing it. As far as eating it is time to get back on track.

For breakfast I will probably have cereal (cherrios or wheaties) with 2% milk
for lunch I will have a salad with light (vinegerette dressing)
and for dinner some sort of grilled chicken.

Oh yeah and I am going to take an apple with me for a snack and a fiber one bar.

Have any of you tried those they are pretty good, 9 grams of fiber the chocolate chip ones are 2 pts, and the peanut butter are 3.

I am trying to plan ahead for my day before I go to bed I am going to write this down on paper so I will be more likely to stick to it.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #58  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

YAY! Ok, my daughter and I went to our first meeting tonight! The doctor said she should weigh 85 pounds. I was a little concerned with that, but thought maybe I was crazy. I was figuring 90-95....with 95 being closer to what she should weigh at 4'10"..the WW leader looked at the note and said "WOW, That is a little much for her to lose!"...(she weighs 126). She told my daughter she wanted her healthy and feeling good, but certainly not too skinny. Anyway, we agreed we would just get her to a healthy weight, then we'd go back to the doctor and let him SEE her and get another note. She was really good with my little one. Then we went shopping for food, I showed her how to do the points and figure them up, and she really does seem excited about getting started. I had to explain though that with everything we got, it is for variety......not to eat it all in a couple days. I even let her help me figure out the points and we marked our boxes with the points so it would be easier to keep track. Keep your fingers crossed girls....I hope she stays excited.

Oh, the leader is also an elementary school teacher and said she had figured up the average school cafeteria lunch to be about 18 points!!! HAVE MERCY! No wonder our kids are overweight!!! That was an eye opener!!!!

Haylo, glad you had a relaxing vacation....We all need that once in a while! I would LOVE to be at the beach right now!!! I keep thinking about next year when I have lost all this weight.....I will REALLY want to be at the beach!!

I finished my final exam today....I made a 94 and ended up with a B in that class and an A in the other one. I was very proud of myself!! And glad for the 2 1/2 week break until the fall semester starts!!!

Well, I am gonna go for now. I will be back in the morning to tell you how our first day with WW is going!

Kim
Old 08-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #59  

Just had time for a quick scan of posts. Kim, glad you guys got to go to the meeting. That desired weight sure sounds too low to me, but maybe the doctor is right. But, it's best to have short term goals as the one big goal is too daunting. You have to keep on top of all of this as her height and age are going to be changing throughout this process and the initial goal could change each 4 or 5 months. Kids this age should be monitored very carefully as she could have a height growth spurt and the goal that is OK today is not going to be OK then. So, keep on top of this and no matter what (I went through this with my own daughter) don't allow her to be crazed with starvation all the time. We had to talk with the leader once and we added points for Jamie after that as she was really starving and it was terrible to see her "climbing the walls".
I blew it again last night... I was very good all day and then we went out to dinner. I am on vacation, after all, but I need to try to gather up some will power.
At least I have earned a few activity points and today is a clean slate.
Love and hugs to all,
Old 08-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Well I went to my WI last night. It felt really good. I really enjoy the people there, so it is a great social aspect too. So today being 8/1 is just a good thing in terms of "starting over". I even got a new card last night, so it's like I"m just starting new, until I reach my goal.

Paige-you're so right about "facing demons", that's exactly what I did last night. Thanks for the real honest words of advice, (can ALWAYS count on you for that). Oh, and I didn't forget about you asking about the fudge. I tried miserably to come up with my own recipe when we first started (a pumpkin pie fudge recipe), but I failed pretty bad. So in terms of the volume that we sell, I found a company that makes great fudge, we sell two kinds, Pumpkin pie and caramel apple fudge. It was funny because last night at my meeting, one of my employees was there, and she does a lot of baking for me, I told her that we had to stick together this fall and not dip into the product, I told her we'll have lots of gum in the kitchen, just for us....

Kim-thanks for that quote, I needed that, I actually had the visual, which was kind of scarey. In terms of your daughter, how old is she? My daughter is probably about 4'8 and weighs around 90 pounds. She's very tall for her age, she's only 8yrs. old.

Well, I must go for now....
Closed Thread