Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #1  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Not losing on the updated plan

So, I did WW in 2005 and lost over 20 lbs. I loved it. I got pregnant and gained it back. SO...I have been on the newer plan for 4 weeks and have lost 2 lbs. Has anyone else had this problem on the new plan?

I think I am going to go back to the older plan.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #2  

Do you have more points now or less? You have to remember that your body is different now that you had a baby, and things that worked for you before may not work for you now! I personally am having a lot of success on the new plan. After I had my 2nd dd in 2005, I was sticking to my daily points like glue, exercising at least 5 days a week, and not using my fp or ap. I got so frustrated because I didn't lose ANYTHING! After the plan changed, my pts value increased, I started using my fp...and I'm actually losing.

Some things to look at...

-What type of foods are you eating? Are you eating too much sodium?
-Are you using ap and fp? Maybe you could shake things up during the week and have days where you eat more and days where you only eat your daily points allowance. I am still finding that I'll have days where I think I totally blew it, and then the next day I wake up and my clothes are loose! That actually happened Saturday...I was still in vacation mode and thought I had really overeaten, yet yesterday my jeans were nice and loose and today the scale is down a few lbs!
-Are you measuring/weighing out your foods? I have a digital kitchen scale, and it is AMAZING the difference between what an actual serving size is and what I THOUGHT it was when I was eyeballing it! I now weigh EVERYTHING out to the gram/ounce just to make sure.
-Are you making sure you count the bite, licks, and tastes?

That is all I can think of at the moment. It's probably all stuff you already knew and thought of! Like I said before, though, our bodies are not the same after children, so we can't expect them to perform like they did before. It's like comparing two different people...the before and the after. LOL!

Hope I helped a little!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  
banned

do the old oif it works for ya nothin wrong w that
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Average loss OP is .5-2 pounds a week. You are right in that with your 2 pounds loss.

What it is you aren't losing as fast as before and there are serveral reasons for that:

1) pregnancy changes metabolism
2) age changes metabolism
3) yo-yoing makes those pounds that you put back on harder to take off and they don't come off as quickly

and all that stuff Paige said! (WINK)
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #5  

I know that 2 lbs is sufficient...BUT in the first weeks, a higher loss is expected. I do use all of my flex points. Before when I was on WW, if I didn't use the FP, I didn't lose. I have a digital scale and I weigh EVERYTHING.

I think that I will start the old plan today. I have heard of people staying on plans from 10 years ago because it was what worked for them. I'll try it for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Thanks for your posts!!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #6  

Oh and my points increased Paige
Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #7  

Hi there, just adding my own 2 cents here. When I first joined WW, years ago, my first week's loss was something like 6 pounds. I was elated. Then, after I made lifetime (and losses really slowed) and tried again, first week's loss was more like 4 pounds. Then, another time I tried again and first week's losses were more like 1 - 2 pounds, if that. What has happened to me is aging, a change in metabolism and also I recognize that my changes were SO very drastic when I first joined. As a more seasoned WW person who has been on and off the wagon so many times, I truly was using their program for a period of time before I started up again.
So, you are older, you've had a kid, your metabolism is changed, two pounds in the first couple of weeks is really a good start. Give yourself a break.
We are all in such a hurry to get results, our bodies just don't cooperate as fast as we'd like. It will happen for you if you stick with it.
As for me, my enthusiasm "fades" and comes back strong and when it is strong, I have my better weeks. But, this will be my LAST TIME doing this. I never, ever, want to regain my weight again. I will get it sooner or later, I will be at goal.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaykha View Post
BUT in the first weeks, a higher loss is expected. I do use all of my flex points.
Rememer that usually the first couple of weeks on any diet program is water weight losses (along with some fat losses) and those of us who 1) have been on diets before especially W/W tend to keep ourselves hydrated so we don't have those BIG losses of water again and 2) we have yo-yo'd making those pounds harder to come off.

Remember if you feel the points are too high for daily points for you that you can adjust them by chaning the 'daily' activity too.

Also many times you need to give your body a full 3-4 weeks of the change for it to adjust....just another thought is to keep doing the new program for another week or two before you make that change.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #9  

Also, not necessarily anyone who has posted, there is a woman who goes to my regular WW meeting who joined and didn't lose any weight for about 4 weeks. She also joined a gym at the same time she joined WW and our leader felt she was exercising too much or that she wasn't adjusting the points properly for her activity level. I do think activity can throw off weight loss a bit and you need to work at exactly what the right amount of points are when you work out.
No matter what, all are healthy changes!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262.2/199.8/150

Height: 5'5

We were struggling on the newer plan when it came out in January. I also went up in points.

After struggling for 3 months, I switched to Core. And I am losing consistantly every single week. And I feel fuller & have less craving for sweets.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaykha View Post
I know that 2 lbs is sufficient...BUT in the first weeks, a higher loss is expected.
Never once have I had a higher loss the first week I started then any other week. Doesn't matter what diet I do - I never get that 'big loss'. In fact, when I first starting my life style change in Feb of 2006, it took me 5 weeks to even see a loss, and when I did it was less then 2 pounds. So dont give up yet - give it some time!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #12  

Courtnie, your losses have been consistent and your numbers show you are certainly doing something right! Great job!
I do feel that we ALL are way too impatient. I like the way you worded it as "when I first started my lifestyle change" not "when I first started Weight Watchers (or a diet, etc.)" that shows the kind of committment you are making to all of this.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter View Post
Courtnie, your losses have been consistent and your numbers show you are certainly doing something right! Great job!
I do feel that we ALL are way too impatient. I like the way you worded it as "when I first started my lifestyle change" not "when I first started Weight Watchers (or a diet, etc.)" that shows the kind of committment you are making to all of this.
I totally agree that everyone is impatient, in fact I just broke a 6 months plateau! phew

I just wanted to share that not everyone loses in large amounts at the beginning and didn't want the orginal poster to give up becuase of that!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #14  

Well, I switched to the older plan and lost 3 lbs this week!! I'm so excited!

Thank you all for all of your advice! It was much needed!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #15  

Congratulations!
Do tell exactly what changes happened between the old/new plan?
I would love to know exactly what you did do.
Can you share a few day's "journals" as far as what you ate?
Linda
Closed Thread