Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #91  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!
Sorry to be MIA- I went camping this past weekend, which was wonderful. Too bad I had to return home.

Laura- glad you are enjoying the Take Out Tonite book. I love it!!!!!! Can't believe that I can make foods that taste that good/ that much like take out.
What else have you tried from it?

Welcome Erika! Of course you can join us. This is a great group of ladies, very kind and encouraging.

Linda- have you tried the fried rice recipe from Take Out tonite? It is pretty good.....I make it lots. I would be happy to post it if you like/

Tech- I love herbal teas. Celestial Seasonings makes some great flavors and of course they are 0 points. Their decaf mint green is great, it takes some of the sharp edge off the green tea taste.

Rosey- those 2# could be water. If you were eating out lots, the sodium level in most restaurant food is high. Stay focused, I will be the scale is down next week!

Paige- have a safe trip...

Erica- you busy too? I love using core to shake things up a bit. For me, core would not do well on a long term basis. Oh, I would lose fine, just it is easier for me to follow flex. Hope your week is going well.

Amo-I enjoyed looking at your pictures. What a beautiful family you have, and you glow with love for your kids!

Ann- how very silly of you, thinking you could get some free time! I feel your pain, and am obviously facing the same problem. (you can see how little time I have by how infrequently I post). Hope you are getting your run in!

I did get my walk in today.......have had a few rough days, but am resolved to eat wisely today.

Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #92  
burned out bus driver

Gee, Laura that is strange. You would expect the WW book to be correct. (gee, aren't we counting on it to be correct?) I can ask at my meeting about it if you like.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Hi Ladies!

I am back…hopefully for good. Thank you everyone for your support. My bf and I are going through a very difficult time right now. We are both taking some time to figure things out but I have basically been left confused and sad. For whatever reason dealing with my problems means shutting myself off from everyone and everything. I tend to deal with things by being in a daze and taking comfort in food and sitting on the couch watching TV. Its not a good way to deal with problems. Maybe for a day or two it made me happy but of course now I am scared to get back on the scale. And of course I was swamped at work last week so taking care of myself was really not a priority. I have learned my lesson and I am back.

I feel like I have missed out on so much of the conversations here! I tried to go back to catch up but it was pages and pages of posts so hopefully I can just jump right back in!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Welcome Back Briza - everyone's life gets crazy every so often. Glad you jumped right in.

Hey WI was better than expected. I lost 3.8 of the 4 lbs I gained last week (slaps head) That was the craziest I've ever had happen yet
Old 07-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 248/228/160

ECMOM: thanks for checking out my blog, and thank you for the nice comment!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #96  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all,
I hope you all had a great day.
Ginny, welcome back. Yes even though life gets busy I have still been getting my run in as well as walking at least 10,000 steps. I find when I am busy and my life seems out of control, it is great I can control what I eat and how I exercise. Have a wonderful evening.
Paige, You cakes are awesome. You are so talented. I hope the reunion goes well for you. Have a great day.
Briza, welcome back. I hope everything goes well for you.
Tech, How was your day. I hope you had a great day.
Linda, were you at the cabin when you ate out? Are you enjoying your time at the cabin?
Haylo, I hope your vacation is going well. Remember walk, walk, walk,
Erica, welcome back. You seem so busy. I hope all is well.
Tracy, How are you and the kids enjoying summer?
Laura, is all well with you? That recipe sounded very yummy.
Hello RoseyPosey,how are you doing?
Welcome Erika. Where in Southern Ontario do you live?
I am so sorry if I missed anyone, I hope you all have a great evening.
take Care
Ann
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #97  
burned out bus driver

Back again for a short hello.

Briza- hope all works out well for you......I think your reaction is similar for most of us. OK, we all know it is not the best thing to do, but there are times during which we all need to focus on how we are feeling and just go with it. Keep posting. Sometimes putting thoughts into words really helps.

Laura- congrats on the loss!!! A loss is a loss.....even if you had been up the week before.

Ann- you are inspiring to me. I too get my walk in daily.....no matter what, but I can't say that I always get my 10,000 steps in. I completely agree, when life gets insane, that the regularity of getting a workout in keeps things sane. I would be nuts if I did not get my daily walk in.

I slept horribly last nite.....so I am pretty pooped today. Made blueberry muffins and banana oatmeal bread (which is a WW recipe) this am. My son toasted a slice of the bread this evening, which he declared better then pancakes. (he is a big pancake fan!) I will give you my opinion tomorrow am.......
Nite!
Ginny
Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #98  
barb

Height: 5'7

hi everyone... Congrats on the weight loss. Well My eating did not go as well. It looks as if I do need to actually go and sign up. That will not happen until a few more weeks since I am going up to a cottage for a few weeks. Oh well the best I can do is give it my best shot everyday.

I was sooo pooped today . we had the busiest day yes. It started with a parade , than a neighborhood bike parade, than a street bbq, than fire works....Than when we got back some neighbors were doing fireworks so of course my kids had to go and see. When it was all said and done it was midnight. Yep from 8-12..all day... So we laid around here all day long...

Hope you all did well yes. Good luck to those who still have to wi. Barb
Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #99  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I used some flex points today but only about 2 ... I had some activity points as well from an hour's walk. so 24.5 total. Dinner at my parents' is a bit of a challenge but my mom has been on WW before so she knows what I'm looking for. I did have a beer though
I plan another run/walk tomorrow to finish up week 1 of c25K.

Linda - You are doing so well on your vacation! great food choices! And hey ... flex points are there for a reason

Laura - Thanks for the Aimee's Adventures recipe ... hmmm now I don't know which one to try
Bizarre about the points though ... sounds like someone rounded things up or down differently somewhere.
congrats on the terrific Wi!!

Hi Ginny! Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Briza - (((Hugs))) to you and good job coming back and posting again. It sounds like you have had some very stressful times lately. I hope things get better for you soon and with your positive attitude I am sure they will!!

Sarah - I also think your blog is terrific! Your kids are adorable and you take great photos.

Hi Ann! I live in Hamilton. What about you?

Hi Barb, what a crazy day! Hope you are getting some R&R.

Well, I'm really enjoying this group so far ... thanks for the warm welcome! Have a great night and an OP Friday everyone!

cheers
Erika
Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #100  

Laura, I have the WW take out cookbook at home and will look it up after this long weekend is over. Interesting that the points were different when you guys checked it. Any explanations?
Ginny, I think I did try the fried rice recipe in that take out WW cookbook - but had forgotten it. I have so many cook books and recipes that it is hard to keep track. I'll check when I am home.
Briza, sorry about your boyfriend troubles. Our dear Emma is going through husband issues right now, too bad you both live so far away from each other. You both really need some support.
It's a shame when relationships don't work. Sometimes I feel that both people are usually at fault in a break up, and both people fail to see things from the other person's perspective. It's so hard. I was divorced when I was only 20, several years ago. It was truly becuase I was far too young to know what or who I really wanted. But, the break up was miserable and I felt "scared". I tried to return to my life before I met him, but things had moved on and I had to completely start over. I then blew 4 years in another relationship that didn't work out. It was then that I met my husband and I am so lucky to have found him. I can say that all the bad times contributed to who I am today and without those bad times, I couldn't have met the right guy, finally. So, think about the future and that there WILL be more good times and hopefully another guy, or more than one!
There is an old saying that I could use for both you, Briza, and Emma, "It's always darkest before the dawn". It is so very true. You have to think positively and understand that while things look terrible at this very moment, in a year or two (or even less!) life will be completely different. It's amazing how things can change - give it time and try to be positive. In the meantime, do the best you can to take care of yourself.
Laura, great weigh in! You must share a few days "menus" with us, you are obviously SO on the right track!! Great job!
Ann, yes I am at the cabin and we ate out last night around here. This lake is in a somewhat isolated spot, but very near a real resort area, there are lots of choices - but not always the most healthful ones.
DJM, hope you catch up on your rest, sounds like a busy day for sure.
Well, today I was better behaved but still not perfect. I went out on the paddle boat again for exercise. I love that little boat, it gives me exercise and I love to meander along the edge of the lake and look for turtles, I saw two today. I went for a very breif swim but the water was freezing, so it was really short. We lit some fireworks off on our beach, out over the lake this evening. It was raining last night and we didn't have anything, all the local fireworks were cancelled as well. It was a nice day today, with no rain. But, now it's a humid evening and I can't quite go to sleep yet as the air is stale and muggy. I thought I'd come back on line and check in with you all.
Tomorrow we will eat out again (after all we are on vacation) and I wonder where we will end up, and if I'll be a good girl or not? One thing that is good is that I have my own food here and can eat breakfast and lunch here at least.
Take care all!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #101  

Hi all! Just checking in quickly. I'm up at my parent's house right now. I hate to be on the computer when I have family here that I only get to see once or twice a year, so forgive me for being fast and not personal.

I had wi yesterday and I was down 1.2! WOOHOO!

Today should be a good day. I have to bake some cookies for a get together tomorrow, but there are so many "taste testers" around today, I'm not really worried about me sampling. Tonight we are going out for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary (it was actually back in May, but they wanted to wait till all of us were together to celebrate.) My mom had gone to the restaurant we are going to and got a menu, so I picked out what I'm going to have already.

Today is also my older daughter's 5 year birthday!!! It is so hard to believe that 5 years ago today I had NO idea what was going to be in store for me!!! LOL! I actually went into labor in the movie theater...that is just like her, too...4 days late, then so impatient she couldn't wait till the end of the movie!!! LOL!!!

Anyway, I must run. I hope you all are doing well...hopefully I'll be able to get back on here later to chat a little more. Have a super fabulous day!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 AM   #102  
newlifestyle

Good morning ladies.
Laura that was an awesome loss at wi, way to go. You always suggest such yummy things to eat. Thanks for that. I hope you have a relaxing day.
Barb, wow, your day wounded busy. I guess with children in our lives we develop much busier lives. Very enjoyable too I might add. Maybe on you holiday you can follow the 8 healthy guidelines of ww and that will keep you on track. I know by drinking my water, eating 5 fruits and vegetables a day, getting my dairy in, and having those healthy oils have helped me each day.
Erika, it is nice to have you here. I live in the Ottawa area. Our weather has not been really great this summer. I am used to a nice hot summer where we can swim every day. Yes I am complaining.....and if it were hot weather I would complain about that too. It is great your mother can prepare meals that are on plan for you. I always find it harder to eat at someone else's house.
Erica - How is it going. I wish I could help you with your farm there. I have been helping my friend but for the most part it is indoors helping her to set up her office. I would love to be outside all day.
Tracy, have you been out swimming? I remember years ago I would sit in this little wading pool with my friends kids. It was rather funny.
Tech, do tell what is on the menu in your house. You have great meal ideas too. I hope you do have a wonderful time at the music festival and camping.
Linda, that is great you can make wise choices at lunch and breakfast. I found when we have gone on vacation, I do much better when I can prepare my own food. The paddle boat sounds like it would be such fun.
Hello Ginny, did you eat healthy while camping. I am not really good at cooking when I have camped. I love cooking at home, but when I camp, I like how others cook. They make it seem so easy.
Linda D, How are you. I hear the heat is unbearable in California. I hope that you are well and staying cool.
Briza, I hope that today is a great day for you. Are you getting your exercise in. I find exercising makes me feel better. The thought of exercising causes me stress but the actual exercising works wonders. Stay strong....
Emma, How are you doing? I am sorry your are going through such a rough time. Take Care of you.
Sarah, your children are adorable. It sounds like you truly enjoy them. That is great. Have a wonderful day.
Paige and Haylo, I hope you are both having a wonderful time.
Take Care all
Ann
Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #103  
newlifestyle

Paige, congratulations on your weight loss. That is funny about your daughter not wanting to wait until the movie was over.....imagine.
Have a great time.
Ann
Old 07-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #104  
Donna

Good Morning Everyone,

Need to make this a quick post (like I know how to be short winded). I switched my work shift to one that is mostly sitting in an effort to ease the pain in my foot, it has been really bugging me this week. Anyway so I go in an hour later and was hoping to leave around the same time and get in a good bike ride before work. I always say I'm going to go after work on the days I ride in and it just never happens, so I thought I'd try this.

Ann - I'm so impressed that you remember everyone and what they're up too. Not much exciting on the menu here. We did grilled pizza yesterday and it was soooo good. We changed the toppings and made it almost like a "margarita" pizza. Tonight just leftover lamb from wed although we are going to grill peaches and have homemade ice cream we didn't get to have on Wed because I forgot to check that the ice cream maker was in the freezer .

Linda - Good luck eating out, remember you can always ask for your food different than on the menu, so many people do it they don't even look at you weird anymore.

Paige - on the loss. Have fun with your dd's b-day.

Erika - welcome, and that's what the flexpoints are for.

Briza - Welcome back, by all means jump back in. I was reading a book about why we eat like we do and it said we grab carbs and sweets when depressed because it raises the seratonin (sp?) levels in the brain making us feel better. The problem is just like with drugs, when we come back down from this high we feel worse

Barb - sometimes we need those lazy days. That's my plan for the camping trip. We're not planning on going anywhere just being lazy.

Laura - on your loss. You've already gained it, so it's nice to loose in one big chunk.

ginny - how were the muffins??

Well I should really get moving if I'm going to exercise before work.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #105  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Linda- where are you vacationing? I hope the weather is nice- perhaps the humidity will be lower today. Great that you can be the master of your own destiny with regards to eating. Good luck with your food choices today. Hope you are finding the lake very relaxing.

Paige- great to hear from you, even away from home. Hope your visit is going well! Congrats on the loss. And a very happy 5th to your dd. Funny, how little we know about how much our lives will change while pregnant. Oh, I guess we all had an idea........and the changes are even more dramatic than anticipated!

Ann- thanks for asking about my eating. We were at a Pioneer girls camp- so the meals were provided. I did bring some splenda sweetened applesauce cups (first time purchase, very yummy!) and kept that in the van. I knew that my fruit/veggie intake would be limited, so I brought that for damage control. I ate well......made the best of limited food choices and controlled my portions well. Plus I got LOTS of walking in. How has your day been? Get that run in yet?

Erika-hope you can walk again today. It sounds as though you are controlling your points well. great job!

Barb-rest up......sounds like you need to!!!

I was going to take the day off walking- then I stepped outside. It was so gorgeous that I went for a 50 min walk. Glad I did, as the weekend it is supposed to become very hot and I hate walking in the heat.

Have a great day............drink that water!
Ginny
Closed Thread