Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #46  

Happy Saturday all!!!!!!

I just got back about an hour ago...what a fantastic vacation! Very happy to be back, though. My eating was...ummm...ok? TOM ended up showing up a week early, so I had those cravings on top of regular vacation I-don't-cares, but I think I did ok. I went and wi on Thursday and was only up .2, and I didn't think that was too bad. With boardwalk no-no foods, I could of really overdone it. So now it's back to the grind, right?!

How has everyone been doing this past week?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #47  
barb

Height: 5'7

hello, everyone.....I have been gone for a long time but thanks to Paige I have finally found my way back.... Thanks for the email Paige ...I needed to get back. I have thought about coming back soooo much but just did not do it cuz I quit ww. I still have not join back and probably willnot because I will be leaving in a few weeks for 13 days on vacation.... I am going to try to record and journal....

Life just has been sooo busy..Boys were in baseball finally finish last night. My oldest lost in the playoffs. I was actually kind og bummed ..They were really good and 3 of the best players were on vacation and we only had 2 picthers.. So the 3rd kind of gave it away.... Oh well they were disappointed but they had a good season..

I have not gained too much weight since I left. I think I am were I started. I will wi tom. I am not working out though. I have the plantar facitis with my heal... That hurts...Today I did walk a mile . 1st time in a month. It hurts and I probably should not have. It was not hurting for 2days so I thought I would try. Anyway Tom I will know for sure. The only thing I really can do is ride my bike and I just have not had time or the desire to it...But I came back to this sight so I hope change is in the air.

I hope you alll are well. Looking forward to meeting all the new people that I missed. Good luck Ladies.... BArb
Old 06-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #48  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

hello ladies
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Paige it is nice to see you back. It sounds like your vacation was great. Are you all rested. I hope you are doing well.
Barb it is so nice to see you back here. I hope all is well with you.
Good luck on your journey.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Old 06-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #49  

Hi all...boy must still be in vacation mode today. I was completely unable to get myself back on track. I am done eating for the day, though, and tomorrow I am going to get back on track by planning out my day's menu as soon as I wake up. I think that having a plan like that really does help me to get through the day without "incidents."

Barb-I am really glad you found your way back and we can keep on plugging away together.

Chat later! I missed you guys SO much!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #50  
newlifestyle

Hello, How is everyone's weekend going?
Barb good luck with weigh in today. I know people who don't go to ww meeting and just follow the plan and weigh in a certain day and time each week. I know I get more out of this thread then I do from my ww meeting. I feel the support here is what has helped my journey. Where are you going on vacation?
Paige, you did really well on vacation only gaining .2 of a pound. At my meeting the leader mentioned that some people can gain 5 pounds on vacation. Did you have a lot of fun?
Erica, good morning. How was shopping Friday? Is your weekend going well.
Tech, I hope that your weekend is going well. Do you work most weekends? What new yummy things are you making?
Tracy, it must seem quiet in your house on the weekends after having so many children there during the week. You must be so busy. I enjoy children and love when there are kids running through my house or playing in our yard. Enjoy your day.
Laura, how is your weekend going? Will you be getting any time off work this summer? How is your eating. You always have great ideas with food.
Emma, how are you doing? How has the weather been there?
Ginny, I hope camping is fun and relaxing. Enjoy.
Linda, How was your night at the cabin? I too love looking out at the water. I find it so relaxing. My DS loves swimming in any wate, no matter how cold it is. Oh to be young.
Linda D. I hope your weekend is going well. I just heard on the news that California will not be able to have fireworks for the 4th of July because of the fire risks. How has your eating been this weekend?
AMomofThree, Have a great weekend. I do hope your eating this weekend is going well.
Haylo, I hope you are walking, walking, walking. How is your holiday? Are you choosing wisely for meals? I hope you are having fun.
My weekend has been good so far. I have walked quite a bit. Well I need to go for a run so I will chat later.
Take Care all
Ann
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #51  

Welcome back Paige! I'm glad you did ok. We're up here at the lake and we ate out twice yesterday. I could have done better, with what I ordered, but I certainly could have been lots worse. I plan on going out on our paddle boat this morning to hopefully make up for some of it. I also, trimmed brush for over an hour yesterday afternoon and my arms are really sore, so I think I got at least one activity point from all of that!
DJM, I'm glad you are back with us. Sorry about your foot, that must hurt! Maybe you can find a place to swim?
Ann, I think I get more from this thread than I do from my meetings as well, but I think the meetings are ALMOST as important. I need that weekly check in. I also get ideas and almost like a self-hypnosis from going. I plan on going on Tuesday as well and then heading right back up to the lake afterwards. I am here now and going home later on today. We'll be back up here on Tuesday evening and then stay through Sunday. Being here is always more of a challenge than being at home. There are more temptations. I am always in "party mode" here, I think?
Well, off I go to start my day. As usual, forgive my typing and spelling when I am up here and I have no spell check here on this laptop!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #52  
barb

Hi everyone....Well it took me 4 xs to get on site...Mt comp kept on shutting me out????I do not know much about comp but I assume it is from the pop ups..My foot hurt the morning sooo I will bike a long distance today .Dh has to adjust my bike handles and off I go.

Ann I am going to lake Huron. MY brother owns 2 houses?cottages side by side. He says they are cottages but the kitchen has corin counter tops????Doesn"t sound like one to me...Anyway he has 5 kids and my boys love to go...We have a pirate day where we bury a huge treasure chest and they have to find it,we do crafts and pinatas. Dh is not going but I am bring my mom who will be 80 in Sept. She enjoys going and it gets her out of the house.

I need to record today if I can find the book. I did not wi today...I forgot and I already ate. Plus I think tom is right around the corner...That will only lead to disappointments. Have a great day today. barb
Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #53  

Hi all...

Not much new here today! I've done really well so far on eating. I planned my menu this morning and have been op. The scale is also being very kind to me...I hopped on this morning, and it is actually down a few lbs. It is hard to figure out my body's weight loss "formula"...I was really thinking that I overdid it yesterday, but today my jeans are really feeling nice and loose. Huh, who knows?!

How has everyone else done this weekend? Anyone have any plans for the upcoming week? I thought we were going to a bbq on Wednesday, but they decided not to have it, so right now we are just laying low on the 4th. I have three cakes to do on Tuesday/Wednesday anyway. On Thursday I'm taking dds to my parents for our week long family reunion. At least this time I spoke with my mom and asked her if she would mind if I brought some food so I would have a few more options (she doesn't mind.)

Gotta run!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #54  

Hello everyone,

It sounds like everyone is doing well from what I have read. I am here in Florida the trip has been nice so far. New Orleans was nice to see, you can still see some of the destruction from the hurricane so it makes it a very interesting sight. Yesterday we walked around by the beach and on the boardwalk it was so hot I think I probably lost 5 pounds of sweat. We were supposed to go on a dolphin watch today but my mom was feeling sick from her stomach last night so we decided not to go. I was looking forward to it because I love dolphins but oh well. As far as eating well I have had my ups and downs somedays are better then others yesterday I wanted to eat healthy but the resturaunt we went to served nothing healthy everything was fried of drenched in some sort of sauce. I hope everyone is doing well, and hopefully I get another chance to log on sometime. Today my goal is to try to stay on plan as best as possible since it is Monday and I had a lax weekend now it is time to get serious.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #55  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Sorry I haven't been around in a few days. I had a minor food melt down last week and just ate a lot of stuff I shouldn't and didn't track anything. I wasn't feeling well, not sick just icky, and my comfort food is always salty carbs. So I got on the scale on Sat. morning and was up 5 lbs I knew there was no way I'd gained that much in 3 days that it had to be water or something not fully processed, but it was still an eye opener. So I got back on track on Sat, and even took iced tea instead of more wine to the DSO concert on Sat night. Didn't do much exercise yesterday, but I don't think I ate that bad. Now it's back to work.

I'll stop back tonight (I promise) and reply to everyone but for now just wanted to stop in.

Have a great day.

-Tech
Old 07-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #56  
newlifestyle

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great Monday.
I have been doing well with eating and with exercise.
Have a wonderful day.
Take Care
Ann
Old 07-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #57  
barb

HI everyone hope all is well. Tech I noticed you were from Mich. I just moved from there 2 years ago.....I miss it so much.. born and raised there. What part are you from. I am from Liv. area. We may be moving back , if so we are heading out towards holly, milford area....I miss the lakes.

I have not recorded yet.....I need to find my material. I am more mindful of my food choices though. I just got my hair done.. It has been 3 months since I had it done yikes it needed a little highlights and a cut. So I feel pretty good. A new start. Can not work out back will ride the bike later. I think I am going swimming later with the kids.

Paige big plans here. Boys are in the parade, we come back and there is a neighborhood bike parade, than a strret party. I am sure we will go to our towns fireworks.....So Are day is a liitle too busy if you ask me. I have no idea why they did the street party that day...... Oh well ojit will be fun. I already have my chicken in the freezer with marinade. So NO 0red meat for me that day. I do need to bring 2 side dishes though . One could be a dessert. NOt sure what a good ww dish could be.. Any ideas anyone????

Kids are callinhg me have a good day ladies.. BArb
Old 07-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #58  

Barb-One good dish to bring that ALWAYS goes over well when I bring it (it is actually ALWAYS requested!) is whole strawberries and seedless grapes and a bowl of fruit dip. Here's the recipe for the fruit dip...

1-8oz container ff cream cheese (I usually use ff strawberry)
1-8oz container ff cool whip
1-7oz container marshmallow creme
2 tbs sugar free strawberry jam

Just cream together the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and jam and then fold in the cool whip. It's very, very good! I put it into the recipe builder on etools, and for 1/12 of the recipe it's 2pts. I'm not exactly sure in tbs how much 1/12 is, though, but I'm visualizing how much the recipe makes, so I think it would be a fairly big serving.

I'm actually going to bring this to a bbq on Saturday, but I'm going to change it up a little and use the chocolate cool whip (even though it's not ff) and instead of the strawberry jam I'm going to put in some chocolate syrup. LOL...I'm imagining it tasting pretty yummy!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #59  

Good afternoon! Sorry to have been a bit absent, time was just not on my side this morning. Had to get my car serviced and be there on time. Then, it was on to grocery shopping, lunch and now just a few moments with a cup of green tea before I work on laundry. Never a dull moment.
I don't feel like I was well behaved over the weekend and am worried about weigh in tomorrow. I just reached my 10% last week and then I went away for the weekend and was in "party mode". I have to do better than this. Also, we leave again either tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning for the lake and back I go to "party central" for a five day stretch. Yikes! Plus, I am overtired, sore and still not feeling well so working out has not been high on the priority list.
When I am at the lake, I feel like I should have treats all the time. I have tried very hard to keep really healthy choices on hand, but I still end up having different foods than usual. I hope that I stay in control.
While I was grocery shopping, I bought things for meals that I can bring up to the lake with me, maybe it will keep me from going out to eat? I'm not sure if being on CORE is a good idea during time away, quite honestly and may switch back to flex. We'll see how I do the next few days.
Paige, your fruit dip recipe sounds yummy. Maybe if you took it and layered it with cool whip, blueberries and strawberries in taller plastic glasses, it would be a patriotic red, white and blue thing??? It would then make individual servings.
Tech, sorry about your "food melt down", I have been there and know what it's like. Taking iced teas along vs. wine was a great start.
When I was grocery shopping, I bought some nice fresh asparagus and microwaved some for my lunch. I am hoping that it helps me lose a bit of fluid between now and weigh in tomorrow!
By the way, I still have laryngitis and am trying to baby my throat a great deal. It really has gone on way too long, I guess. As I go places, people are telling me that tons of people have this same thing and it's hanging on a very long time. So, I guess this is just viral.
I'm on a green tea/lemon/water drinking thing right now in hopes that I can water-log it out of me or something!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #60  

Another post from me... made it through today being on CORE while using 3 flex points. I'm on the fence as to weather it is best to be on CORE while away up at the lake or go back to Flex.
I dared to get on my home scale to see if I think there was "damage" over the weekend and I'm not sure what will happen. My weight fluxuates so much during the course of 24 hours, who knows?
Hope all is well!
Closed Thread