Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #31  

Hello everyone I am here at my first destination Lake Charles Lousiana, tommorrow I will be off to New Orleans.

Rosegarden: yup I love to travel, I do travel with my parents alot I am an only child and single so when my parents plan trips here and there I usually go with them I figure it's good to get away and what would beat a free vacation. I hope things get better for you, the black cloud will lift if it hasn't already.

derry: that hamburger idea sounds good I may have to try that.

Newlifestyle: I can just imagine you in my head walking around people watching.

Erica: I am not a big gambler so I just stick to the slots the cheap ones. That way it doesn't seem like I am spending to much.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #32  

Oh yeah as far as my points I went a little over, but not to bad I still haver flex points for the week so I am doing pretty good. anyways my mom needs the computer so I will check with you guys tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #33  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies.
AMomofThree, congratulations on your weight loss. Way to go.
Ginny, enjoy your time camping. I hope it is relaxing for you.
Linda D, I too fear electricity. Two things would have really scared me. I hope you have an awesome day.
Linda, That cake sounds really good. I hope it has healing power and makes your voice better too. If only it was that easy. I do really hope you feel better soon. How is your daughter doing?
Erica, I know you are an amazing leader. I would find it difficult to be a leader as I would want what is best for everyone and sometimes everyone can't see what is truly best for them. I do know you are the type of person that will make a change one individaul at a time. I know that you posting here does make a difference in my journey....thank you. Do you get a kiddie cone when you go for ice cream?
I was at a friends for dinner last night and she asked why I always get up between supper and desert, I told her that if I take the dishes to the kitchen and load them in the dishwasher it gives me time to realize I am full and I don't need desert. Here she thought I was trying to be helpful.....
well that is my story and I am sticking to it. Have a wonderful day.
Haylo, I hope you are having fun and that you are walking, walking, walking, walking, and water, water, water. Enjoy yourself and eat yummy healthy food. Do tell all about your journey. I am going to live vicariously through you.
Laura, I do hope taking the day off was relaxing for you. I know that everything will work out. I have learned that when things are not going well I know I can cast my cares and that I just need to be patient as there is a greater plan for me and sometimes it is not what I would choose. Please remember you are not alone. I wish I was there and I could give you a hug.
Tracy, More kids, less heat, I guess that is a good exchange. I too enjoy my friends in the computer. I know without everyone here my journey would have been much harder. I hope you get your sheets changed. Is it a lot of work, cleaning and laundry wise with that many kids, or do you have a routine. Have a great day.
Tech, enjoy your day. Will you be working today?
Emma I do hope all is well with you.
Kim How is your summer so far?
Hello everyone else, I can only see this page so I hope I haven't missed anyone.
Have a wonderful day.
Take CAre
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 06-29-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #34  
newlifestyle

Hi Haylo, we posted at the same time. That is great you enjoy spending time with your parents. I hope you have such a wonderful vacation.
Good job on tracking your points.
Have fun.
Ann

Linda, I do have highspeed, today posting is fine. It is really bad at night I find. Someone told me to use the go advanced when I am having trouble posting. I don't know what that will do but I am willing to try.
Take Care
Ann
Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Laura-this really stinks that you're having to go through all of this. I really hope that things start to look up for you soon. You have such a great spirit of resiliency though.

Ann-that's a great idea about getting up from the table right after dinner. I think I'd probably have to go right outside for a short walk to convince myself that I'm not hungry anymore. For awhile, I would alwasy put a piece of my favorite gum in my mouth, and that would help too.

haylo-what fun! Keep us updated, it's fun to hear about your vacation as you're doing it!

momoftwo-whoah.... 4 pounds, that is awesome! Please tell, tell how you did it....

Ginny-so glad you're back, I truly missed hearing from you.... Have a great weekend away.....

As for me, I've been not so great the last couple of days. However, here it is the weekend and I'm going to try my best to journal, drink my water, walk, and stay within my points. We have two parties for tomorrow. I'm going to take my own advice and go grocery shopping today (friday) so I'll have healthy inspirational foods in the house for the weekend. I hope everyone has a great day....
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 AM   #36  
newlifestyle

Hi Erica,
That is a great idea to shop on Friday. I usually shop at the beginning of the week. I think I will shop today too. Thanks for reminding me.
Are you enjoying your meetings? Have a great day and enjoy your walk.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #37  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!! Supposed to be in the 70s today, so not as hot. My middle child is getting his bottom expander removed today... I get to bring everyone to the orthodontist!!

Momofthree: Wow! Congrats! 4 pounds is major!

Ginny: I live in Castleton, NY...which is practically next to Albany.

Linda: How are you feeling today? Have you been eating a lot of soup?

Ann: Thanks for the comments! Yes, I got the sheets changed, on my bed at least! I do have a routine. The three little ones (2, 4 and 5) take a nap right after lunch. They sleep in my kids' bedrooms. It gives me a chance to do things in my own room (sheets, paperwork, etc.) and around the house. The older kids are more able to do as they please with out me watching over them like a hawk!

Well, my scale hasn't moved from 135.5. But I guess that's not such a bad thing... it could go up more!
The other day was extremely hot and I had a headache and was stressed so I asked DH to bring me some ice cream, which he did. Which now sits in my freezer beckoning me to eat it. I don't want to throw it away... I may just give it to the kids as a treat to use it up. Told him next time get the pint!! Seriously, ice cream is my downfall. I even tried to skip lunch yesterday and have ice cream instead. Ha ha.
Tomorrow is WI, but since I'm lifetime I don't have to go, and I think I might skip it.
Today I really want to have a good day!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #38  
burned out bus driver

Congrats on being a big loser, amomoftwo! 4# is awesome! How long have you been on program? I know that somewhere in the first month, a week of being really hungry hits. It is sort of as though your body goes into rebellion and screams back at you that it was happy being fat and don't you dare try to change its ways! Stay the course.........drink......keep lots of low or no point snacks on hand. Keep busy. Make sure you are getting all the fiber in, and eating foods that will keep you full. Just as an example, I enjoy english muffins. But, my normal breakfast is a bowl of oatmeal with some coffee or tea, because the english muffin with a tsp of diet spread will not hold me nearly as well as that bowl of oatmeal will. It is sort of a game, finding the foods that work for your metabolism and tastes. Glad you have kept to your points well.

My Dh had to get to work early today, so I have already gotten in my 45 min walk. The miserable heat broke, it is pleasant here now. Gotta go pack for the weekend. I am planning on staying OP this weekend- and I am bringing some small applesauces and carrots to handle those times that the food served at the camp does not work for me.
Better go get some work done. Have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #39  

LindaD, I'm glad you found the electrical problem and all is safe. You just never know, do you? Is your home older or relatively new? We had our cabin re-wired and a new electrical service put in this year, as it had the old cloth covered fraying wire in between the walls. It was a huge expense, but I feel safe when I am there now and we are not blowing fuses all the time. We had those old fashion glass fuses vs. circuit breakers.
Ha Ha, Ginny! My voice certainly doesn't sound sexy, it's nasty and raspy and not much better today. I read a home remedy on line and I wonder if I'll have the guts to try it? I read that if you gargle with apple cider vinegar (eeewwww!) and then swallow it and then follow up with a glass of warm water with lemon in it that it helps. I'm not so sure I can deal with swallowing vinegar on it's own like that, but maybe I'll at least try?
Ginny, the cake is good. My daughter and I each had a slice last night with cool whip on top. It's not as good as having frosting, of course, but it's still a nice sized piece of cake for 3 points. The pumpkin makes it very moist and it's got a veggie serving and lots of fiber - plus chocolate, so what's not to like about it? I'm going to leave out two more slices of it and then freeze the rest. I don't want to be going wild with it, it's important to portion it properly if that makes sense. One could easily lose control.
amomoftwo, so glad you found us! We don't "have" the change threads, but when our thread gets longer, it's harder for some people to download it, track it and participate. It's better to re-start it when it get's too long. So, just watch and when it gets to be about 8 - 10 pages, it gets re-started. I was the originator of the thread, but I don't have to be the one to re-start it. If any of us feel that it's getting to long or have trouble posting, then it's OK to just go for it. Congrats on that loss, great job!!!!!
Haylo, so keep us posted on weather, events and things! Also FOOD, of course. Even if you blow it, let's chat about it and you can examine (it will help you and all of us learn) what you could have done instead. I feel it's very valuable to talk it through when you even make bad choices.
Ann, thanks for asking. No change in the voice. I am SO admiring people's powerful voices right now, something I never thought much about before. My daughter is doing pretty well. She had a 1.6 pound gain this week and was pretty bummed about it. She is on her very own plateau. The problem that I see with her is social eating as she is an active teenager, 16. She and her friends go out to eat together. She really tries to order the right things all the time, but it's hard to know what these places use, even to marinate things. So, a grilled chicken salad (about the safest thing to order when in doubt, but it gets pretty boring after awhile) could be deceptive. There is a "pizza place" near us that has nice salads and they make what is called a "chicken ka-bob salad" with grilled chicken, peppers and onions over top of a salad. Their chicken is so moist that I have to believe they marinate it in something, and how many points does that add???
Ann, do try that "go advanced" feature when you are having trouble posting. I use that often, it also allows you to put in the cute little smiles and stuff to accentuate what you have to save, which can be fun.
By the way, I can tell that you are one of the most helpful people out there from your remarks and caring in your posts, so naturally helping do dishes is certainly something you would do without even thinking about it!
Erica, bring something healthy to those parties - you know the routine!!!
Tracy, ice cream is not my friend either. I have found the Edys (not sure if certain brands exist in your area, though) low fat sherbet to be very good. A half cup is 110 calories. I made my daughter and I blueberry smoothies for lunch two days ago. I used 1/2 cup of the orange sherbet along with a cup of fresh blueberries in addition to plain FF yogurt and skim milk. The color was really kind of gross, but it tasted so great and was wonderful to sooth my throat. If you measure out teeny bits of ice cream and really control the portion, you could make a parfait and alternate fresh fruit, cool whip and the ice cream and stretch it further. Count the points, but give yourself the treat, get it out of your system and then give the rest to the kids!
Ginny, have a great weekend!
I, too, am heading North to our cabin. I haven't planned meals yet, but I don't expect to be off program. It's a cabin, but I have a full kitchen (but tiny) to cook in and a refrigerator, cooking, etc. So, no excuses!
Now, my voice is still basically gone, however I feel well and have energy. I have decided to go to the gym today, it's been over a week since I went and I want to continue on my efforts to get in activity. I have noted (yes, I know I shouldn't weigh myself, but I do anyway) that my scale has gone up a pound or two since I weighed in on Tuesday. This is a bad trend. I have been on program, but my activity has just stopped as I wasn't feeling well. I feel ready, but will take it VERY easy this morning.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Good morning - I've tried to post several times this a.m. but I keep getting called away from the computer.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I'm going to WI today at noon but not staying for the mtg - that time is the leader who passed around chocolate at one meeting - Ummmm, no thanks

Have a good one everybody - be safe and have a rewarding relaxing weekend for those of you going away for the weekend
Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 248/228/160

Thanks for the feedback everybody!
ECmom: I have been on the program for almost 3 weeks, so I guess there's something to be said for the hunger issue, maybe it will get better? It could also be that I dropped my points down to a non-nursing mom and I'm nursing. I may switch back or maybe alternate weeks and see how the weight loss differs. I definitely lost more doing the non-nursing points. But again, I was pretty hungry a lot of the time.
Derry: Did you try that vinegar thing? Sounds pretty yucko! I hope you get your voice back soon!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #42  

Quick post here, as I'm running late!
Hugs to all!
I went to the gym today even though my laryngitis isn't gone, I decided I should just go on as usual with my life regardless of weather I have a voice or not. If felt so good to be there!
Stayed on program, drank all the water and hope you are all the same!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #43  
newlifestyle

Hello Ladies,
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Linda way to go being on plan, getting all your water in and exercising. Have a great time.
Way to go staying on plan Laura, I hope all is well.
I hope everyone has a great time this weekend.
Take Care
Ann
Old 06-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #44  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone:

My son just fixed my computer and I thought before I head off to bed that I would wish everyone a fun and safe weekend.

I stayed on program. 23 points today.

I had the electrician fix the short. My house was built in the 80's so it's not old but I think the problem happened because some hallogen ceiling lights were installed before I moved into this house and the wiring was not done to code. Everything is working now except the garbage disposal. I have to call the electrician again because I don't know if it's the switch or if the disposal had a power surge and burned the motor when all this happened. Oh well.....at least everything will be back to normal soon.

Just so everyone knows....the electrician said always unplug curling irons, blow dryers, and all small kitchen appliances. He also said to never run the washer or dryer when away from home because it's not uncommon for a washer/dryer to catch fire.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #45  

LindaD, I hope your electrical issues finally get cleared up a stay that way! So glad your computer is working, at least! Nowadays, it is a "lifeline" for us all, isn't it?
I would so dearly miss being able to communicate with your all!
We are heading up to our cottage on the lake today and staying overnight. I don't have much time on line this morning, as I've got to get ready. I so look forward to getting out of this house and being up there. This house can be depressing, it's very dark. We are surrounded by huge shade trees that block the sun and I have to run lights during the day in here. Up there, you don't need a light on unless it's a really rainy day or about 8:00 at night! Plus, when you look out any window, you see water - I find viewing water so peaceful!
I hope you are all doing well?
Erica, I hope your grocery shopping before the weekend was positive. You must tell us what you bought that will keep you more on track but be exciting. I am so very bored with the foods we keep around the house, that does contribute to everyone suddenly making a decision to go out to eat and then I have a hard time being on program.
So, have any of you tried any new recipes this week?
I did try Ann's fajitas and they were great as well as the chocolate pumpkin cake and that was also good. I would like to find a few recipes to bring up to the lake. We will be there from Wednesday through Sunday at the end of this week. I don't want to blow it by eating "party foods" but I want to serve some "fun" things and have interesting lunch choices.
Closed Thread