Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #91  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Linda, I was just reading previous posts and I saw that you do not really like the heat and humidity outdoors. Do you have stairs in your house that you could walk up and down. That is good exercise and it doesn't cost anything.
Have a great day.
Ann
Old 06-14-2007, 07:43 AM   #92  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

I just looked at my ticker, yikes, I have more to still lose than some people have to lose altogether. I know 10 pounds to someone is the same as my 34pounds to me.....I think I am bored so instead of eating right now out of boredom I am off for a run.
Take Care All
Ann
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #93  

Today is Thursday, day 2 of my "today is the first day of the rest of your life" resolve. So, if I have this resolve, is it really day 1 again? : )
No word from LJ in a few days, hope all is well. Also, I miss Ginny, Noelle, Futurepixie and I see that Erica and Kim have posted, good to hear from you!
I would be interested, Ann, if you did get the WW pedometer and kept them both on for a few days to see if there is a variance between them or are they both reading the same thing? Wouldn't that be interesting if there was a discrepancy?
I don't journal my working out on my trackers and after reading about Ann's situation and what Tech had to say about maybe not eating enough food, I probably should do that. DH kindly gave my daughter and I permission to spend the money on the gym, so we will be signing up and physically working out there this afternoon. Jamie and I have promised each other to make up the funds we are spending on WW and at the gym by being conservative on other spending. The money has to come from somewhere when the budget is lean to begin with.
I'm already sore from what I did yesterday on my own, so today (or rather getting out of bed tomorrow) should be quite interesting. By starting up a real gym experience and going regularly, I really had better journal it and maybe I should eat my earned points if I want to lose weight? The object is to lose weight, but it is also to tone the usual problem areas for me. It would be so nice to see a flat stomach again, or rather NOT see it!
Erica, my goodness. First, I guess congratulations are in order in terms of NOT being pregnant, if that is what you want??? One thing I am glad about is that I had my tubes tied after having a planned C-section when I had my daughter 16+ years ago. That worry was gone for good and I was glad to not have to give thought to it. It sure made life easier for me.
Now, Erica, what are you doing? You've got back to leading meetings, you were so close to goal and you seem to be sabotaging it all. What can we do to help? Sit down this morning, and each morning, for the next week and write out an exact menu, including snacks, that you will follow this week. Stick with the plan Erica. That, in itself, will help. It seems to me that you are "grazing" and doing some emotional eating?
Kim, a great loss! I'm impressed! I hope we hear more from you and how you accomplished it all.
Ann, I think you should set a goal and each day write to us about something you did to accomplish that goal. Be accountable to us! Maybe you should also journal your exercise and eat the points you earn? I hear that "you exercise too much" often at meetings. It's surely never been said to me, but I can comprehend how that works. Maybe your body does think it is being starved. I think the exercise you are doing is great, but maybe you do need to add more food in order to get this thing right? Imagine that, being told to eat MORE to lose more weight? It kind of doesn't make sense!

Now here is my journal/menu for the day. Before I came on line to post to you all, I took 4 or 5 minutes and planned the entire day's foods. I'm happy with what I have planned and hope to be right on track! The plan touches upon eating all of those healthy eating guidelines. I hope I am getting enough protein in and I might mix a few chick peas in with my salad at lunch to make sure, though. I read through all my week 1 materials and tried three times to find something in there telling me how many servings of protein I needed in a day and found nothing, they must hide that someplace! How many servings of protein do you all have each day or at least aim for?

Breakfast:

Smoothie made with 1/2 c plain ff yogurt, 1/2 c skim milk and 1 cup strawberries and about a tsp of Splenda. It was good, but I am not a fan of the little seedlike things in the strawberries and how they crunch in my drink. I'll try other fruit next time. I made two of them and my daughter gave it a thumbs up, though.
One piece of flax "Lavish" wrap bread cut in squares and toasted in the oven with "butter" spray and splenda mixed with cinnamon lightly sprinkled on top. I have to count the point for this, this brings my total over two days to two flex points used, not too bad.

Snack at quilt group will be a banana, no goodies that anyone brings will pass my lips, I promise!

Lunch:
Leftover "sauce" (not sure what to call it) from last night which includes lean hamburger meat, peppers, onion, garlic, tomato, over top of FF Ricotta cheese with ff mozzarella over top.
Salad with salad spritzer spray

Snack: Popcorn

Dinner:
Lean round steak (core)
Oven baked "French fries" with olive oil (core!)
green beans or carrots (not sure yet which I will have)

Dessert:
Core crustless strawberry pie (it was really good last night, totally enjoyable)

I will join the gym and hopefully on the day you join you can work out there? I presume you can?
Question: If you earn activity points as a CORE person, does that mean you add flex points for the day that you can eat? I 99.9% sure this is true, isn't it? I'd have to re-read my materials. So, if I work out today the flax bread that I am counting the flex point for is negated?
I'm thinking that I am using so little of my flex points that a dinner out on Saturday evening will certainly be justified. I wonder if I should count my work out from yesterday and not count the one flex point I used as well? If that is the case, then I will have gone two days without using a single of my 35 flex points! Imagine that!
Take care everyone,
Old 06-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #94  

Hello everyone, today I am planning on continuing my journey of getting at least 10,00 steps and eating right. I also have an appointment with my doctor b/c I have been getting this pain on my right side that comes and goes. I am a little worried as to what it might be. I am thinking it might be gallbladder b/c it seems to be very prominant in my family. My mother, my grandfather, my grandmother, and one of her sister's has had it. It could also just be in my head two of my friends within the past year have had it so either I am thinking about it to much and causing myself pain or I do have it. I also switched my BC pill to this new one that is supposed to make TOM lighter, well it has made it lighter all right it is almost non-exsistent which is nice but a little strange so I wanted to ask her if that was normal. In case your wondering there is no way I could be pregnant I haven't been in any type of relationship for over a year so I am as single as you can get. Anyways, I was also wondering if this switch may be causing the side pain. Who knows I guess maybe I will get some insite into the situation.

Newlifestyle: Hello, well I got 11,000 steps yesterday!!!! Sorry for you gain I hate when that happens when we try so hard and then the scale moves in the wrong direction. Hmm.... a goal well I would like to lose weight before my birthday which is in September I have this dress I really want to fit into it's been hanging in my bathroom b/c I was hoping I could use it as motivation but I think I need to move it to a more visable place. I did have an NSV though, my mom told me the other day that she thought my legs looked firmer maybe from all those steps. My other goal would be to stick to my plan, I always plan things out as far as eating and then . So I think I need to start with that.

Erica: sounds like things have been busy, I hope things get better for you.

tech: yup the spaghetti was good, but I think I overindulged.

derry: congrats on going around looking at the different gyms
Old 06-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #95  

Newlifestyle: Have fun with your run
Old 06-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #96  

Gooooood morning all!!!!

Well, the temptation of the cupcakes proved to be too strong last night. *sigh* I had 7pts left after dinner, and I ended up having two cc's. They are on the small side, so they don't come close to adding up to a whole piece of cake...still, I'm a bit annoyed at my lack of self control. They were really good, though.

I'm trying my hardest to get up motivation to go to the gym this morning. Ok, let me run through my list of excuses...it's dreary out (but it isn't actually raining,) I have a scratchy throat (but I've had that for a few days, and I still went gleefully and worked out,) I'm going to have to bring dd's cupcake's with me since I drop her off directly after the gym (but they are packed nicely and it's a cool morning, so the frosting shouldn't melt in the car,) I'm tired (I'm always tired, and working out will wake me up,) I don't feel like getting dds around (I have to anyway.) Hmmm....apparently I have no good excuses, so I'm going to go. Ok, there, I said it....now I have to be accountable.

Linda-Congrats on taking the step to finding a gym! I was actually also going to suggest Planet Fitness to you; they just opened one near here, and I knew their rates were quite low. There was an article in our local paper about them, too...I should see if I can find it and e-mail it to you. Is there any way that your dd can pay for her own monthly membership? Does she have a job or get a job during the summer?

Ann-Good for you for not being upset about the gain. I guess if you know you are doing everything right, you shouldn't be upset. I need to learn from you, too!!!!

Erica-Glad to see you back. Sorry to be harsh, but GET YOURSELF BACK IN CONTROL, GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are better than that!!!! You know you can do it, so DO IT!

Anyway...got to get going! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

GOOD MORNING!!!!! I'm in such a good mood this morning and part of it is the fact that today is my WI day and I'm starting all over. I know I will have at least a 5 lb gain but that's okay. I really let things slide this past two weeks. Maintaining my sanity was much more important than my eating. It's done, it's behind me and I'm ready to get cracking on that 12 lb summer goal (which will now will be higher because of the gain)

Ann- Linda posted exactly what I was going to post. You don't count your APs but at this point, maybe you should so you would eat more. Funny how your body holds on to fat when it thinks it needs to survive. The other big part that I've found is to make sure I get in my Healthy 8s and the major one is dairy.

Erica - YIKES!!!! That would have put me in panic mode too! Glad to see you back. You can do it. If I can pick myself up from this past two stressful weeks, I have faith you can too.

Nibs - big hugs. Stress is a big killer of WW and it's hard. I know.

Haylo - you are doing so well with your pedometer. I know exactly where mine is and I'm pulling it out of the drawer tonight (I meant to this morning)

Paige - darn those late in the day temptations. That's been my downfall since Monday. We had build your own ice cream sundaes at my son's open house and the remainder of the stuff has been in the fridge and it has called my name every night. I'm moving it all back out to the garage freezer tonight. My kids won't care and they will support me in it. THankfully, DH is a diabetic and it isn't important to him (not really thankful that he's a diabetic, more so that the sweets are off limits for him)

Linda - here's hoping today keeps on track for you- big hugs, you deserve this for yourself. I know I read that you were checking out health clubs. Did you decide to join any of them or still in the thinking about it stage? It isn't in my budget yet but I have a two year plan to get myself into a better budget state and maybe I'll be able to look into it at that point. We have a bunch of "free" access things that I can do in my town, so I can get my exercise in other ways. I love to walk and that's the big one. I just checked out our parking ramp earlier this week and it has a great incline and 7 floors, so I'm thinking a couple of breaks a day to walk up and down the parking ramp, would be a great heart developer.

TECH!!!!! - HI - I meant to say hello to the Techie from a Laker!!!!! I'm in mid-Michigan so it's great to have someone here from the Great Lake State

Biz and our other newbies - welcome to our little piece of the world. Keep posting - newbies are welcome and give us additional insight on our journey.

Have a good THursday everyone. I'll be back to let you all know how painful weigh in is. I was dreading it all week and even thought about sneaking to another meeting so my regulars wouldn't know how bad it was but I'm taking it all in a lump. It's okay. I'm going forward and I'm not quitting
Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Hello Everyone!
Well the last few days have been REALLY good with eating and staying on points but I havent been able to go to the gym. This happened to me once about a month back as well. I get up 4:45am to head to the gym and I just keep hitting snooze. At this point I am convinced that my body must need extra rest because it is normally not a problem. At least I am doing good with the points and not going over.

Paige-I dont blame you for eating the cupcake, honestly I probably wouldnt have made it as long as you did! At least you still had 7pts left so you didnt blow your day.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:33 PM   #99  

Oh my gosh ! ! ! I was only up 1 lb!!!! Doing the happy dance! Must be the good eating is more of a habit than I thought
Old 06-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #100  

Hi all! So I made it to the gym after all! WOOOHOOO!!! It was touch and go there for awhile, though! LOL!

I also went and WI early today (I wasn't going to be able to stay for the meeting tonight, so I figured I'd run in and out of an earlier time instead of having to wait till 5.) I'm down 2.2lbs this week! Not bad!

Chat later!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #101  

Good afternoon!
Well, just a mid-day post as I have to be at my computer copying some documents on my scanner/copier so may as well check in while working....
I sent Ginny a private message to make sure she was OK and she got back to me that she will be returning to our little group (or should I call us a "family"?) in a little bit. Her son graduated this weekend and basketball finals (they came in 2nd) have been taking place. She was pleased to know she was missed.
I treated myself this morning. After my quilt group was over, I went to a big discount/drug store and purchased stuff for my daughter and I to make up special gym "kits". We now have trial size hair spray, shower caps, extra deodorants, shower gels and special stuff to drag along with us when we go, even tiny padlocks with keys all set up with safety pins so we can lock up purses/car keys and feel secure and pin the keys to our work out clothing. So, we are all set to join later on today!
Haylo, hope that pain is something minor. Maybe it's just a muscle pull from all that walking and exercise? I hope that is all. Keep us posted.
Paige, glad you are going to make it to the gym. Sorry about the cupcakes. Hope other things we've talked about before didn't end up happening as a result.
I'd love to see the article on Planet Fitness. I am impressed so far, and today is the day that we shall begin. I even bought myself headphones. The gazelle, step machines, exer-bikes and treadmills (doubt I'll use those as I have one at home, but maybe I could sell mine and justify my gym membership costs - mine was hugely expensive?) all have TVs in front of them and remotes. You can pick whatever channel you want to watch and plug in your personal headphones, that sounds kind of fun? Jamie (DD) says that "everyone" has MP3s or Ipods while working out there. I didn't notice that, but maybe I'll get on at some point if I think I'd use it. But, not sure I could figure out how to use the silly thing, typical of me.
Laura, great post and I know you'll do better at weigh in that you think, that is always the case! Also, I hate leftovers from "events" calling my name, I have often thrown out perfectly good food as I cannot handle it being near me. Some foods are OK, but others are trigger foods.
Also, Laura, what kind of free access things exist in your town? I wish my town had a town pool or beach of some kind, but nothing. I want to swim, I know I would appreciate it so much. The house we lived in before this one had it's own in-ground pool. We loved it. But, we made an important school system move, and I have no regrets - well, actually some regrets, but what can you do?
Briza, what kind of job do you have? Are you crushed for time on the way home, can you stop at the gym then? I know it's hard, but making the effort to get there is more than half the battle. One of the reasons why I chose Planet Fitness, other than price is that it is a little more than a mile from our house. I figure the further away the place it, the less likely it will be for me to go. I hope to keep my gym bag outfitted with dry towels and everything I need and when it's ready, it will go back into the car. This way, if I have time and am driving by anyway (right on the main route in our town where shopping is) I might just say... well, I am going by anyway....
Laura! Great news on only being up a pound! See, it wasn't all that bad! So you really don't have that much to do in order to be back where you were before. Great news!
Paige! I see you went to the gym too. We are all really on a roll these last few days! Maybe it took me getting to my rock bottom stage to whip you guys back into step? What if we ALL post amazing losses this week? That would be so awesome. Paige, you are maybe starting a "supporting each other" trend with your 2.2 pounds! Did you adjust your signature line yet?
My home scale showed me, after breakfast still in my bathrobe and nightgown down to 148 this morning. Now, why can't those numbers show on a Tuesday afternoon when I weigh in? Maybe this week it will?
With that, I'm off... my copies are made and it's time to get to work!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #102  

Linda - I shouldn't say totally free - I live in a small town with a private college which makes the pool open to public (I do believe there is a $2 fee for each use which is very very reasonable) - we also have a huge elliptical and workout center that our school bond paid for and it has open hours for the public. I want to say that the college also lets the community use it's work out center too - we have aerobics for $3 a session (such a bargain) and you don't have to sign up for a certain amount of classes. Just attend whenever you are available. The track at the school is open for walking or running too and during inclimate weather, the school lets us walk the hallways - it's a large building that is connected through a circular pattern. Lots to do locally if I'd just kick myself in the butt and do it
Old 06-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #103  

Linda-Here's the link to the article. http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/703240324

As far as ipods...I LOVE MINE! That is one of the best things about working out. I download music and only "allow" myself to listen to it while I'm at the gym. It kind of gives me a little more incentive to go, I guess. They aren't hard to figure out at all. I am just so proud of you for taking the leap and joining the gym. I think you will enjoy it. I really like it once I'm there. For me, the hard part is GETTING there, as it is a 25 minute drive. UGH, that stinks.

Something else I was going to ask you, Linda...do you think that weighing in later on in the week might help you? Is that a possibility at all anyway? I just know that in the Wendie plan, it says that you shouldn't WI for 3 days after your high day; so I would think that it would be the same for the days where you eat more. (did that make any sense?! LOL!) If you usually eat more on the weekend, then weighing in on Monday or Tuesday might not be the best option. Just a thought!

Briza-4:45am and gym should not be in the same sentence! Yuck! My dh gets up at 5:15 so he can go before work, and I thought that was bad. I don't think I would EVER get there if I had to be up that early! Shew...I'm tired just thinking about it.

Laura-So that sigh of relief I heard today was you? LOL!

So I don't know what is for dinner tonight. Hmmm. MIL sent dh a big box of meats from Omaha Steaks last night...I could go for a burger, but who knows how many points they would be. I should look on their website and scare myself out of it.

Alrighty...hope you all are having a beautiful day!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:34 PM   #104  

Good job going to the gym Paige! I wish I could say the same for myself

Linda-I agree with Paige on the IPOD. It makes going to the gym enjoyable. And you can make playlist for yourself and switch them up so you are always listening to something different. A lot of people at my gym watch the personal tv's as well and they seem to enjoy it. You just have to find what works for you.
I agree that getting there is the hardest part of the battle! That is a really good idea to go after work if I dont get my lazy self up in the morning! There is actually a gym that is on my way home (about halfway between my work and my house). The good thing about my gym is that there are a bunch of them and memebers can go to whichever one they choose. My problem is that I live in the city and work in the suburbs so I have about an hour commute and I always think of excuses on the way home. I need to start thinking about the gym as an appt that is unbreakable.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #105  

I was debating if I should tell this story or not but here it goes...

I live in the city and recently there have been reports of female women getting attacked early morning or very late at night. Held up at gun point and either molested or raped. Now, the attacks are in only in one area of the city-the area that I live in! And let me tell I live in a GOOD section of the city. Someone actually got attacked one block outside of my gym at 5am. It scared me too much to go to the gym in the morning for a while but then I didnt hear of any attacks so I figured the guy either got caught or stopped but then he attacked someone else last week. And the attacks get worse and worse. Maybe I am being paranoid. I do ride my bike to the gym so that is better then walking-but still it makes it really scary! My boyfriend keeps telling me I will be fine-and that I am on a bike and to be aware of my surroundings. And maybe I am using it as an excuse... I just wish they would catch this jerk already!
Closed Thread