Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #61  

Paige, I was wondering how you've been. I usually shut down our computers during thunderstorms as well.
Tracy, I hope you can keep the weight off this time. I must say that the hardest thing to do is maintenance, it's harder than losing. I was never good at it and hope I can do better this time.
Emma? What, you don't have flex points? They are 35 extra points that you get each week. I have 20 points a day to eat. However, if I went by the old WW plan before they introduced flex points, I would be getting something like 24 or 25 points a day. However, they give you the extra points so you can spend them as you see fit. So, some days I only eat 20 points, but then I can have a special meal, dessert or dinner out and use the extra points. It works out quite well for most of us. How many points do you get in a day?
I will try to dig out that chili recipe for you. It uses squash (maybe you call the corgettes?). Your mum's trip sounds wonderful to me as well.
Ann, you'll be happy that you walked all that way when it shows on the scale next week! Sorry about your keys, though, what a pain!
Well, weigh in was today. I stayed the same AGAIN.... this is the third week in a row I have stayed exactly the same. I'm doing "maintenance" without even trying to maintain. I'm trying to lose and my body is just not giving up anything. The sad part about it was that my leader really didn't come up with anything that I didn't already know myself this time. She's a great leader, nothing is her fault. My daughter had a gain as well, but just .6.
I have to say that if it wasn't for my daughter and for you all, that I would be giving up. I'm not as sad as I was yesterday, but this is so frustrating.
I shall continue to journal here.
Please, if you see something in what I am journaling that doesn't appear quite right to you, say something. I sat beside a CORE member this afternoon for a little bit right before the meeting and was asking her questions. She seems to feel that not having enough protein affects her. I wonder if I am not having enough protein and should I try to shift things a bit in that direction?
Is it too much carbs? Too little protein? Too little exercise? The wrong exercise? I just don't get it tonight. I shall continue on. Maybe this coming week I will break through and begin to lose again?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #62  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Linda, *hug*.... yes, not losing is extremely frustrating. I don't have any answers... but I do know that sometimes when I say "I give up" and eat more than I should, I lose weight the next week. There is that "wendie" plan and the more I think about it, the more I see some real truth in it.

Today was a good day. I ate exactly my 20 points and nothing more. I brought the kids and the dog for a walk, and we ran into a birthday party for a neighbor. The kids had cake and ice cream, but NOT ME!!

This weekend is camping with my Girl Scouts...uh oh. I plan on bringing some of my WW yogurt along, and some other snacks I can have so that I won't be tempted.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #63  

Thanks, Tracy. I'll figure it out, I just have to! You are doing so well. Perhaps you'll inspire me?
Y'know what? I just went back through our threads and got back as far as February. It's amazing some of the stuff we've all talked about. I went looking (so I wouldn't have to re-type it again) my chili recipe for Emma, but I never did find it. I was also inspired, though, by a post that I made in March. I posted "goals for the week".
Anyone care to join me with goals for the upcoming week?
I'll do some thinking and do that in the morning, perhaps.
Take care ladies!
Hugs to all!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #64  

Linda - I am sending hugs to you as well ..I made it to a meeting this evening but I am hoping we can meet up soon!

I personally have wasted SO much of my life thinking WW is too slow or doesn't work for me etc etc etc..and have given up over and over again and have just put mroe and more weight on...I am now in the 250's and have only been here a few yrs...in 2000, I was in the 150's and had just lost 50+ on WW in a 3 months time mainly because I ate good and walked and few other exercises. For me I need to do it completely - and no silly excuses because after all there will ALWAYS be excuses and I can excuse my life away!

My only advice to you is to just keep following the plan, mix things up a bit but stay true to the WW ideas...the 8 essentials etc...I have only been here a few days and hate to see you upset. And also keeping in mind that you don't have a lot to lose...

Waving Hi to everyone else and looking forward to catching up!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #65  

Linda-What about mixing up your exercise? I know you are like many of us and have a hard time getting motivated to do it, but maybe that is what is holding you back? I know you usually say that you walk on the treadmill; maybe your body is too used to that and needs a change? Have you researched gyms in your area to see what the fees are? Do you have a Y near you? The Y that we belong to is fantastic (Erica, it sounds like yours is the same) it has a complete Wellness Center that has every type of exercise equipment you could think of, plus free classes (aerobic, step, swimming, yoga, spinning...you name it!)

Just a thought!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #66  
Donna

Hi everyone,

Sorry to post then disappear, but I haven't been in the mood to post lately. WW wise it was a pretty bad week. But by some miracle I lost 1.8 at wi tonight. I'm not asking I'm just accepting. I did get back on track Sunday however so maybe that helped. This week will be a challenge though, next week is TOM and the week before I want to eat anything that isn't nailed down. But if I can stick to plan I should finally be able to cross that 230 mark, next week so that is a huge incentive.

Linda - I wish I knew what to say to encourage you. I know my weight loss has been incredibly slow and when I look at others I think "why can't that be me?" but it doesn't help. I've been gaining and loosing the same 10 lbs since Oct. so today I am back to where I was Oct 12. I'm excited to be loosing, but why did I have to gain it back to loose it again. All I can say is if you weren't doing WW where would you be???? Today my leader asked people getting awards if they had picked up something weighing what they had lost. I started thinking, yesterday I bought a 25lb box of cat litter, it was really heavy and I grunted as I loaded it in the cart. I've lost more than 25 lbs It put the whole thing in perspective for me. Finally, I sounded like you in March and decided to give myself a break, I didn't track or go to WW for 6 weeks. I had to set a deadline or I would have fallen waaaaay off the wagon, my goal was to weigh the same when I went back, I actually gained a couple of pounds, but I think it was the break I needed to get refocused.

Newlife - thanks for thinking of me when I didn't post. It's always nice to be thought of.

I'm sorry I can't respond to everyone. My brain has gone up to bed w/o me. I'll try to get back tomorrow (my day off).

Have a great night everyone.

-Tech
Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #67  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

Linda - i always wondered what squash was, but now I know! Courgettes! Nope, never heard of flex points! I am currently on 23 points a day, plus the extra bonus points for exercise. Maybe we're a bit behind the time here (sounds about right!!!). Oh - I'm right with you on the goals for this week - I was actually going to make a thread before with goals for the week, so I might do that now? I hope you don't think I'm taking over your idea!

Tech - i had a horrible time last week with TOM, so I sympathise!!! I hope you are able to fight the cravings and stay on track a bit better than I did!

Ann - oh you're so good with your water!!! I haven't had ANY water today I've had two coffees, a bottle of lemonade.. eek. Really need to get onto that! I find it so hard to drink water, for some reason

Do you ladies get the weight watchers cereal bars?? they have like a fruit filling? Anyway I just ate one, they are SO good. I have just been for a 90 minute walk with my friend & her son, and my feet are so sore - but I feel so good! I got sushi on the way home, and it was delicious! I have a pot of soup bubbling away on the stove, and it smells so good. It should only be 1.5 points a serve, so I have no problems having a couple of bowls or cups of it tonight!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:24 AM   #68  

Newlifestyle: sorry I was MIA, I had to take a drive up to Austin Tx, to drop off a check to my parents. My dad is at a convention and they forgot to take the check from his job that was paying for his hotel, I then drove back to San Antonio so I could watch the Spurs play. Unfortunatly I didn't get many steps in since I spent most of my day on the road. I am so proud of you for getting in all those steps even if was by accident that is awsome. My plan for tomorrow is to get up and excercise first thing and get some steps in early.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #69  

Goood Wednesday morning all!

Emma-OMG, I feel for you! I can't believe WW hasn't change the plan over there to include flex points! For me, if I don't eat all or almost all of my flex, I won't have a loss, especially if I have been exercising that week. I feel like you are being ripped off! LOL! Do you buy the WW cereal bars at the meetings or in the grocery store?

Tech-I always have to do the weight loss association...usually I do it with sticks of butter because I can visualize them on my thighs! I bet feeling that 25lb bag and associating it with the lbs you have lost was an amazing feeling!

Haylo-You sound like me during football season! We are such huge football fans...Sunday afternoons are completely devoted to the game!

Tracy-Congrats on making it back to lifetime status. Question, though...what is making you not happy with that weight? What are your reasons for wanting to continue to 125? I know the Albany area quite well. Before I was a sahm, I had to do work in Albany and up the Northway. It's been a long time since I've been up there, though. This past weekend was the first time in a few years that I've even been on 87 going in that direction, as our campground was in Saugerties/Woodstock.

Linda-I had wanted to tell you...I thought of you this weekend. When you lived in NY, did you ever go to Woodstock? We drove through it because we had never been there before, and I saw a little shop that was completely devoted to quilts and quilting! I thought it was interesting because that isn't something you see anymore.

Ann-That is incredible to walk that many steps in a day. How many miles does it translate into?

Erica-Where are you?

Ok, well I am off to the gym in a little bit. I'll post more later!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #70  

Lightbulb

Thanks for the support, everyone.
Also, LJ, where are you? Haven't heard from you in a few days. I hope all is well.
I am up this morning with a philosophy change, I guess. Remember that old saying "today is the first day of the rest of your life". Well, it is true. The past is the past. What I have in front of me is a clean slate.
Goals for me for this week (until my next meeting and I think I should set new goals each week, perhaps?):
1. Change eating habits a bit, obviously my body is bored. I have to admit to being bored as well, so it will be hard to think of some new things vs. my usual stuff. I really LIKE my usual foods, especially my morning oatmeal. I think oatmeal is good for me and helps me feel full throughout the mornings so I am not snacking. But, I will vow here and now to try something else for at least 4 days this week for breakfast. Also, I think I shall try to stick with CORE for the most part, but I do have a few things to eat that are non-core that I really shouldn't waste my money and toss away. We'll see how it all goes.
2. I vow to try some different form of exercise. I really don't like exercise of any type, but I can do a few things different. I will make an effort to look at a gym or two, but I really don't think I'll be able to afford that and I have to admit that I lack motivation to physically leave my house to exercise. But, maybe I would enjoy it if I try, at least? If I do not join a gym, I'm going to try to maybe go out and do gardening or at least walk outdoors, perhaps. I hate outdoors, I'm such a wimp. I hate heat/humidity/bugs/snow/ice and anything else that is changeable about the outdoors. I'm an inside person for the most part. I am going to the library today to see if I can find some tapes/DVDs to borrow and maybe a book or two.
3. I vow to continue journaling, even if I am on CORE so that I can track my flex points used and stay in control. I shall journal here as well. I shall strive to make new recipes and figure out what to do. I'm contemplating beginning a new journal as of today and calling it DAY ONE of new beginnings, so the past will really be in the past. I think I shall do that!

So, for now that is it, I think. I feel desperate to make changes to fix my "body boredom".

Tech, I have tried to use that same thought process. I picked up a turkey that weighed about the same amount that I have lost and it was really heavy, I know I have come a long way. Stick it out with us, Tech, we can do this together. Seems that when one of us is down, the others pitch in and help lift spirits. I feel grateful to have you all in my life.
Emma, I just had a feeling that you wouldn't know what a courgette was! Just ask if you don't know something, especially in recipes. I once purchased a food processor that was a Braun, made in Germany, and they translated the recipe book from German to English and they kept saying courgette in recipes and I had no clue what they were until I asked a friend from the UK and now I know! I also didn't get the term "caster sugar" (not sure if that is spelled correctly) until she said it just meant white sugar that is the same kind most people put in a sugar bowl. In the US, we would just use the term sugar. We don't say anything before the word sugar, unless it's a variant such as confectioners sugar or brown sugar.
Emma, here is a link to what we call "summer squash" with photos:
http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.corne...sts/Summer.htm
It is yellow and long in shape, like a cucumber. Another similar variety is zucchini (which is green) and this chili recipe uses both of them. I'll post it after I do this chatty post, along with my journal/menu for today.
Patty, I know what you mean about thinking that you wasted much of your life and have given up over and over. I've done this too. I have to repeat myself when I say that if it wasn't for my daughter and for all the people here, I would have given up. I might not have had the same amount of weight to lose as you do, but I know what it is like. The party animal person inside me that wants to eat all the "bad" stuff is really fighting to break out. I will try so hard to keep that party animal from taking over my life again.
Thanks for saying you hate to see me upset. I have been bravely forging on with WW for ages, it seems. But, this being "stalled" has me angry. I keep blowing it, and I keep mismanaging my own weight loss efforts.
Haylo, I do lots of car sitting while I drive here and there, and not enough movement. I suppose we should figure out small movements we could do to burn calories in the car? Of, perhaps if we vow that for every hour spent behind the wheel, we do at least 5 minutes of exercise at least?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #71  

Post no. 2 for the morning. Forgive me for being overly chatty today.

Firstly, LJ, I need an interpretation. There is a discrepancy in my booklet about core foods. On the list of core foods where it interprets the plan, it says vegetarian burgers (in the meat substitute section) are CORE, but if you look them up alphabetically, they are listed as being 1 point each.
I had two Boca breakfast sausages this morning and I guess I should count them as a point, but I'm really confused and I heard that WW was calling all this kind of meat substitute as CORE in a meeting, I think. I'd love to know what they have to say about it. Maybe Erica would know as well?

So, here is my journal/menu for today:

Breakfast:
1 egg, plus 1/4 cup egg substitute omelette, with FF cheddar cheese and asparagus. Cooked with 1 tsp olive oil.
raspberries and grapes
2 vegetarian breakfast sausage links = 1 point????? (not sure if it's CORE or not)

If I feel a need to snack, it will be a piece of fruit, accompanied by water

Lunch will be:
Garden vegetable soup
grilled chicken breast salad with salad dressing spritz spray stuff
1 cup skim milk

Mid afternoon snack: air popped popcorn, butter spray/spritz, salt

Dinner:
Homemade "American Chop Suey" (this will totally confuse poor Emma!)
Sauteed (in one tsp. olive oil) pepper, onion, and garlic and then add one 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes, I'll cook it for about a half hour added to a pound of browned and drained (as well as rinsed to get any extra fat off) 93% lean ground sirloin. Served over top of whole wheat pasta (about 1 cup). I think I might try some fat free mozzarella over top as I need another milk serving anyway and it will be yummy?
I'm going to make lots of this and then try a layered dish with fat free ricotta for tomorrow's lunch, I think?
This dish can be compared to your Spaghetti Bolognese (sp?), Emma, I think?
It is usually referred to as American Chop Suey around here and I have no clue why it was called that, but if you ate at what is called a "diner" type of restaurant in the USA, you might see it on the menu and not have a clue what it is - now you know!
At any rate, also with my dinner will be Italian green beans

Dessert:
Ah... I found a recipe in the CORE recipe section of this web site for a crust less strawberry pie. It is looking good. I just finished making it and it is cooling on the counter right now. It uses sf/ff vanilla pudding and sf/ff strawberry Jello (gelatin for Emma or Gelly?) and fresh strawberries. I think it will be great with a bit of sf/ff Cool Whip over top. If I had to give it a points value, it would be one point per serving, but it will be all CORE.
So, that should be it for the day, it is a CORE day and I shall count the one point for the vegetarian sausage, unless I hear from LJ or Erica that they think it's CORE.
Also, throughout the day I am having skim milk in my coffee or tea and will count that as my third milk serving for the day. I actually will probably have more like a cup and a half of milk with my lunch vs. just a cup so I make sure I am getting my calcium in.
Also, I am going to type in my chili recipe in the recipe section of this web site, I'll post a link to it. I wish I had found it when I went looking back through posts so I wouldn't have to type it again, but I couldn't. I'd rather put it as a recipe "out there" for anyone to share as it is so very good.
Emma, can you find packets of chili seasoning mixes in little "sachets" or envelopes? If not, and you decide to try this recipe, let me know and I'll come up with the right amount of spices you could use instead.
Onward to a successful day!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #72  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone!
Linda, your goals sound wonderful! We will help you keep them!!
Paige, you asked why I am not happy with my weight. That's such a hard question to answer. I still feel very fat... I HATE my tummy... which of course is the result of my 3 beautiful children...but my baby is 6 years old and my tummy is so yucky. I hate sitting down and feeling that roll. Or seeing myself in pants and seeing that "muffin top". I wear a size 11, and I'd really like to get into that whole wardrobe of size 7s I have in my attic, from the last time I lost weight. I am very happy to get to where I am, honest. But I'd just like to go further. Last time I did WW I got to 125 and it was really nice. I felt good.

So anyways... today is going to be a good day, I can tell!! I am babysitting, hoping to go for a walk at least. This afternoon we are going to the neighbor's for grilled burgers and picnic food... uh oh. I will eat very carefully today to "save" points for tonight. And then I have my Girl Scout meeting.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #73  

Have a great day too, Tracy!
Here is the chii recipe that I have been talking about, it's got rave reviews - even my non-WW husband who resists all "diet foods" likes it!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115092
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #74  
Donna

Good Morning Chickies,

All right I have had a good nights sleep and am slightly more coherent. Setting goals. Hmm I think I'll do that. First I have to think what I can realistically accomplish. I hate setting goals and not getting to them, I get discouraged easily and then do worse. Right now I am procrastinating taking the dogs out for a walk and mowing the grass. Of course if I don't get moving soon it'll be too hot out....So here I sit typing. But I just finished breakfast and am going to let that settle a bit first.

No big plans for my day off, walk the dogs, mow the grass, eat lunch and then lock myself in my sewing room. (Linda I also quilt) I've got a couple of projects I need to get moving on.

I just have to share this story: I was so excited when I had the whole cat litter/weight realization, that I told my mom about it. I mentioned how no wonder I feel better if I used to carry that around every day. Her comment not wow or congratulations but "Imagine how much better you'll feel when you lose another 25" I think she's been hanging around my dad too long she's sounding like him (they've been married 41 yrs and retired for the last 5).

Linda - Technically veggie sausage is not core. Veggie meat substitutes like crumbles/grillers are but not the sausage. I personally count them as core and when I mentioned this to my leader she said that a lot of people do. That's probably clear as mud, but hope it helps. Glad you are feeling better, and your goals sound doable. On the exercise front, do you have a Curves in your area? I also hate exercise, but I joined there, the nice thing is you don't have to think to do it, you go around a circuit and do each exercise for 30 seconds, I can do anything for 30 sec. You keep going switching machines for half an hour. I don't go as much as I did when I first joined but it got me moving so now I'm doing other exercise as well. It's not cheep but not horribly expensive, and I figure I'm worth it.

Tracy - Congrats on getting to goal. And good luck on the extra pounds. Good luck at the neighbors. Can you bring a side that's more healthy that you can eat? That's what I'm doing this weekend at my parents.

Haylo - good luck getting in those steps today. If you don't mind telling me what type of pedometer do you use? Mine is irregular, so I've been thinking of getting a new one.

Emma - Wow on that walking. 90 min is a long time when you're not used to it. I bet your legs are sore. Did you enjoy the soup?

Well, I should get moving, it says it's 75 out perfect weather for mowing and walking.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Hi Everyone!
I have been reading your post and would love to joing your group. You girls seem so supportive of each and I could really use all the support I can get! I have been doing WW for a while now but not sticking with the plan as well as I should to really lose weight. I went down to 135 last summer for a wedding and then after the wedding I stopped watching myself. Needless to say I gained it all back. Then about a month ago I started again and have been going betwee 135-137 for a contest at work and for a wedidng I am in July. This weekend really was a wake up call for me. I was not good at all! I figured-my dress for the wedding is too small and I will have to get it taken out no matter what, and there is no way I am going to be win the coentest. So I ate whatever I wanted and didnt really exercise. And the scale proved to me what doing that does. My wake up call was this-I am not trying to lose weight for an event or contest, I am trying to lose weight for ME. I am my biggest hurdle to get over. And trust me it wont be easy. But hopefully with some support and having people who truley understand I will be able to do it!!
Closed Thread