Old 05-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #1  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Red face Been around for a while but finally doing something

Hi there,

I'm 25 years old, female, married. I've been a member of 3FC for several years but only just recently have I decided enough is enough and am totally serious about getting the weight off for good. I've done countless hours of research on diets, health, and fitness and always come back to WW sounding like it'd be right for me. I was so fed up, it's like something clicked in my brain.... I drove to my local WW and signed up. This, was an uncharacteristic move on my part, as I'm pretty negative when it comes to the idea of me dieting and losing weight - I often think it's impossible. I'm a compulsive overeater w/depression, but disorders and underlying issues aside, just really enjoy food and eating. I'm also shy and don't like to bring attention to myself so going to the meeting was a biiig step for me. Now I just have to force myself to go next week, and the next, etc. At least for the weigh-in. I think it'll make me feel accountable.

For the first time I see myself able to lose weight. I am motivated and willing to do what it takes, to actually do all the hard work necessary to become fit rather than just fantasize about being thin. I only hope I can stay this determined throughout the journey and it's inevitable ups and downs. In the past I've been become very easily discouraged.

I have over 100lbs to lose. That's a daunting task. But possible. At my height (5'4") WW said I shld aim for 140 as my ultimate goal weight but in my mind, 160-150 is more reasonable right now. I'm also an athletic build and once I exercise regularly, gain quite a bit of muscle mass. Actually, I shouldn't really even think about that yet. But I have a habit of looking way far ahead.

I WILL do it this time! I simply must. Thanks for your help and support now and into the future. I know I'll need it. And will happily give it out too!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #2  

Amberoo,

Good for you!!!!! You sound so determined!!!! I think you made a great choice with WW!!!!! It really does seem like the most recommended diet plan.
I am like you in that I have been a member fopr awhile but have only recently started to really address my weight issues.

If you are uncomfortable at the meeting, try out going at a different time. I used to find some of the meetings a waste of time. But then I went on a different night and was really motivated by the leader. Sometimes it is all about finding the meeting that fits you best!!!!

Hope you post often!!!!!

ibbasquish
ibbasquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #3  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi there ~

It sounds like you are a girl on a mission ~ that is fantastic! Wishing you tons of luck and know that we are here to support each other!
Country Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #4  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Thank you so much, you two. I sure am on a mission! I already feel a difference in my way of thinking about food and eating. And I notice a huge difference in my meals; I'm actually cooking 4, 5 times a week!? That's crazy to me....

The meetings are a waste of time for me personally. I almost felt like reporting the leader, he was so obnoxious and just.... there was this air about him I really found offputting. He even made a comment about how women looked in the WW walking videos, how they are "very ugly and nothing at all to look at" so he "doesn't recommend them to the men" doing WW. Uh, WTF? In a room filled with overwight women, not really a supportive thing to say. But oddly enough, everyone seemed to be a fan of him, so, eh, I dunno.
I gave it two meetings and decided just to go for the weigh-ins.

And I've lost 7lbs!!! My first seven in... well, forever! Woohoo. Can't believe it. I really am doing it this time. I just have to stick with it even when I don't see a loss, which I'm dreading 'cos I know myself and I just hope that when that time comes, I'll be so determined that I won't go get a hot fudge sundae or two, lol.
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote