Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #1  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

Default TOM how do you not let it wreck havoc?

My TOM is coming soon and today i am feeling it

i want to eat everything , did not want to go walking at all

i am OP and did go walking, but have not been enjoying it today

What are some things you guys do to get yourself through TOM without destorying all the good progress ?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:27 AM   #2  

I actually swtiched from flex to core. I noticed this month that I wasn't bloated at all. I also found I wasn't craving the chocolate or salt like I use to. I felt a little tired but once I took a walk (leasure, not walking like a maniac) I felt alot better with the tiredness. I've been eating alot more fruits and veggies and really consintrating on my guidelines more. So, my suggestion to you is about a week before you know it's coming start consintrating on more core foods and not as many flex ones. See if that helps you out. The topper this week I'm right in the middle of my TOM and I lost 2 lbs. Go figured.

Hope that helps - good luck to you!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Our weigh in person told me once that once she got on program and her body regulated out, she never noticed any up and downs with TOM. I can't say that I totally agree with that as I usually have 3 pretty good weeks and one week that is a small blip upwards. I anticipate it and live with it. I do get cravings before TOM so maybe that's part of the blip. But acknowledge it and decide early on what you are willing to do. If you are okay with a gain, continue on. If not, try to come up with some alternatives. Mamabear1 has some good suggestions you may want to try. Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Fellow chicks suggested diet hot chocolate, popcorn and a few other goodies when I was looking to eat the paint off the walls last week. I just accepted that nothing was going to satisfy me and was able to pull the ol' mind-over-matter routine. Ok, I admit it. I indulged in some retail therapy instead...

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #5  
Lost in Wonderland

ugh thanks everyone

i am heading out for that walk now .... because i want to eat everything in sight, edible or not

maybe the next TOM will be better
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #6  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

I have trouble also during that time. What I've decided to do is let myself do what I want (eating whatever, no exercise, etc.) and if I gain, so what? I always lose bigger the next week so I've decided to let it go. However, everyone is different so you have to find what is right for you.

I have noticed that during TOM, when I do exercise, I am SO much hungrier so it kinda defeats the purpose - lol!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #7  
Lost in Wonderland

i have been having the world's worst time with exercise this week!!!!

i have been doing my two mile walk, but it is such a chore instead of a pleasure
Old 05-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #8  
Katie

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/135

It's my TOM right now and I keep wanting to go downstairs and eat chocolate. I went downstairs and almost did but I grabbed a water bottle instead.. heh. Luckily I'm going to sleep soon but I agree it is tough!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 AM   #9  
It can be done!

S/C/G: 233.8/135.8/135

Height: 5'8

TOM will do that to ya! I know because im getting ready to start and I noticed when I was at the grocery store. I usually go with no problems, but cookies, cakes, ice cream were all calling my name....the fruit and veggies looked so boring! Its tough but you can do it, just keep telling yourself it can be done and you just have to hit your hand everytime it wants to reach! Good luck!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #10  
Lost in Wonderland

ha ha

i was in the candy aisle yesterday (a place i can almost always avoid) ... i was there probably over half an hour with my pointsfinder looking for a 2 point chocolate bar

good thing for me is that really, 2 point chocolate bars do not exist in the candy aisle ... but MAN did i try

and i refused to go above 2 pts ..... so i guess the good thing is , all i really did was waste time
Old 05-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #11  
Dropping so I can TTC

My weight goes up 2 weeks before (ovulation) and at the TOM. Without fail. I know that it is going to happen so I deal with it. I keep tracking, keep up with my water and exercise.

I just cross fingers for a huge drop the following weeks
Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default birth control?

along with the TOM, anyone have a hard time losing while on the b/c pill? I thought it was causing me to gain weight yet I've been off it for 2 months now (got a tubal) and am not seeing any difference yet.

Jill, i notice my cravings start at ovulation, too, yikes! Two weeks of PMS, no fun!
Closed Thread