Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 04:31 PM   #1  

Thumbs down I'm Back!

Hi Everyone!!!

I am back...I've been off the program completely since mid-summer and I'm feeling it. I struggled for well over a year before going off program and stopping my meetings, now however I'm ready to get back to the meetings and back on the program.

However, I'm terrified. I haven't counted a point in months. I haven't journaled a thing in months. I've actually started learning to decorate cakes (I'm on my third series of classes) and have been doing cakes and planning the cookies for the holiday season. How fun is that? I can see that the cookies may be my biggest stumbling block, but I am sure that I'll overcome that as I deal with my eating problems once again.

I have no idea how much I weigh, but I've gone up a clothing size since quitting and I refuse to gain back EVERYTHING I lost, even though I know I'm probably close.

I kick myself when I think of the fact that I've been dealing with this for 2 years and I could be near goal if I had stuck with it and didn't enjoy eating rich and fattening foods as much as I do.

Now I'm going to approach this as if I'm a brand new member just learning the points again. I've pulled out my calculator, my books and my journal. With a little luck I'll pull it off this time!

Well thanks for letting me ramble. It's good to see you all again!
Old 11-05-2001, 05:18 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Angry

Welcome Back!

Ok now put the last few months behind you and get back to a WW meeting. You can start fresh - just think positive!! If you are having trouble take baby steps. Drink all your water tomorrow and then the next day add some fruit, etc.

Losing weight is a hard hard process - keep at it and you will be successful - we all will!

You can do it!! Good luck

Tara
Old 11-05-2001, 05:29 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouragement Tara. I'm going to do this a step at a time. The water is a great place to start!

Old 11-05-2001, 06:31 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Heather A.
Glad to see you. You can do this! Keep on keepin' on.
234/211/thinner
Old 11-08-2001, 04:53 PM   #5  

Hi again!

Well I went to a meeting today almost 4 months after my last one and I'm sad to say that in those 4 months I've gained 18lbs. My total loss has gone from 40lbs to less than 8lbs. Of course that's after NOT following WW to a "T" for over a year an a half (even before actually quitting the meetings.)

I'm just happy that I jumped back in BEFORE I gained all of my weight back.

I just don't get why I do this to myself over and over again...I really just need to get this weight off and stop playing games. I'm going to become the little engine that could and repeat "I think I can I think I can I think I can" everytime I think I can't.

So back on the bandwagon I go...
Old 11-08-2001, 06:45 PM   #6  
Is is spring yet??

Heather - Congrats on stepping back on that scale! Whats done is done - and you are back at it now. Don't look back just work really hard to get that weight back off.

I think most people fall back into old habits at least once. Don't beat yourself up - losing weight is very hard!! Do your best and keep focused. It won't always be easy - but you can do it!!

Good luck!

Tara
Old 11-08-2001, 06:46 PM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

You're not alone! I've lost more than 60 pounds twice in my lifetime and endless pounds beyond counting at different stretches. Glad you're back at WW and doing the right thing for yourself.
Let's do it this time!
234/210/thinner
Old 11-09-2001, 05:05 PM   #8  
Rat Terrier Chick

We've all been there! I lost 29 lbs (took me 13 months), then I paid for the summer program ($144) and yikes! I up and quit going to meetings, which was so so so stupid of me. No only did I waste my money on meetings I never attended, I quit journaling, ate what I wanted (saying I would get back on track next week) and lo and behold, 2 weeks ago when absolutely nothing in my closet fit AGAIN, I got back on the scale and discovered I had gained back 23 lbs!!! I really can't afford weight watchers fees right now, but I am back on track and beginning to lose again. I have done this over and over and over and said this year would be different and then I pulled the same stunt and ended up gaining most of it back. If I didn't have this yo-yo problem I would have reached goal years ago. Anyway, I just wanted you to know you are not alone!
Old 11-14-2001, 10:07 AM   #9  

Thanks for all of your feedback everyone.

Tato you sound like you could be my twin. It's so hard getting back on track. What I've done this week is to try to journal everything, try to keep track of the points (we ate out a few times) and not really worry about a point range. I've gone over and under the max all week.

Next week (starting tomorrow) I plan to add the water back in and try to drink it everyday...at least some. That combined with my journaling should help nudge me a bit closer. I have found myself having second thoughts on some things I've wanted to eat this week so I think it's starting to work already.

I'm trying to think positive. We'll see what happens at weigh-in tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:21 PM   #10  

Weigh-in today went better than expected...I actually lost 1.2lbs and all I really did was journal and pay a bit of attention to all I ate this past week. Not bad for a slow start.

This week is water week...I'll be adding in water each day and keep journaling. I'll be weighing in next week on Wednesday due to the holidays so hopefully that will help me keep on the straight and narrow over the holiday.
Closed Thread