Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 04:17 PM   #1  

Unhappy I think I hit the wall!

I had a great weigh-in last week. On my tenth day of weighing in I have lost just 2/10's of a pound short of ten pounds and I am soooo thrilled!!! I also got under that dreaded 200 pound mark - all in the same day. And now, this last week has been difficult and hard to stay OP. Halloween had little to do with it since I didn't buy any candy with chocolate in it. I have no desire for any other kind! But I have been snacking and munching like I really haven't in the last 10 weeks. I don't think I should worry about others sabotaging me - I think I do it to myself! I am not looking forward to my Wednesday weigh-in, as I surely don't want to gain more, or again go over 200 pounds. Should I consider this a minor, expected roadblock? What do the rest of you do in times like these? It hasn't been an overly stressful week. I just couldn't keep myself under control. It wasn't horrible, just not controlled and it has me a little nervous. Help!
Old 11-05-2001, 04:37 PM   #2  
Proud Canadian

Well, I doubt there's a person out there who doesn't know how you feel. I have weeks like that too. For me, what works is allowing myself treats. I eat foods that I like and leave a few points every now and then for some food that would be seen as "forbidden" by "dieters." You are doing awesome!!! Let yourself have a treat every now and then, if you go over your points, take in a walk or an aerobics class - a great way to earn extra points. Read over your materials again, they have some great tips for inspiration. And above all, remember what brought you to WW in the first place.
Good luck - let us know how it goes.
KT
Old 11-05-2001, 05:01 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

I have to agree with KT. I don't think there is anyone out there that doesn't have times like you have just had. Last week was one such time for me, also.

I knew that I was going to a dinner theatre with people from work and the food on the buffet is wonderful. I decided during the previous 2 weeks that I would plan before hand to treat myself that night. I made sure that I stayed OP beforehand and then would resume the following day. I just decided that after 4 months of being faithful to WW and losing close to 30 pounds, I needed and deserved it.

The plan worked really well, until the day after. I had that little taste of foods that I really, truly miss and I craved them for the rest of the week. I could actually taste them, the craving was so strong, and of course is worse when I am getting ready to go to bed. One night it was so bad, I couldn't contain myself, so I got up, made the WW Garden Soup and woofed down two bowls. You know, that really helped and I didn't want the treat anymore.

I am interested in knowing what other people do when they have cravings like that. I know the Garden Soup won't work every time, but if I have enough alternatives, there might be something I can choose each time I am in that situation.

Upon reflection, I am happy that I ate those two bowls of Garden Soup - my WI today showed another 1.25 pounds lost. It wasn't what I wanted, but could have been far worse.

Hang in there. You are doing all the right things. Sometimes you just need to have that treat. Like KT says, have the treat and then take a walk or aerobics class. If you can, plan ahead to have the treat, then you enjoy it all the more because there is no guilt.
Closed Thread