3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/103720-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

derrydaughter 02-02-2007 07:06 AM

Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey

It's great to be starting a new thread as the old one was getting too long! Join those of us who have been chatting for awhile and we will help you as you will help us.
This is a great thread, I think many of us are really getting someplace with this and it helps that we are encouraging each other!
We have a group of great people who are posting what is going on in their lives and we are working together. Sometimes I feel like our group is kind of like a mini dose of a WW meeting on a daily basis. We're making it work!
C'mon and join us and we'll help each other. We talk about what works and what doesn't work. We share recipes and we applaud and we sympathize!
Linda

nibs 02-02-2007 07:15 AM

:wave: I'm here.....

Kim

mpaigew 02-02-2007 07:15 AM

I'm feeling quite pressured by all of you...I think I'm the only one that hasn't reported any loss lately!!! I need to get back to having a set weekly weigh in (I don't go to meetings.) I used to be so strict about weighing in each week...I don't know what happened? I also really need to get back to tracking my pts, too. That is definately going to be a goal for today.

Nothing new and exciting to report here. I haven't been to the gym this week because dd was sick, and then yesterday I did something to my back. I can hardly move today. It happens every once in awhile; I'll move quick or bend over and stand back up "wrong" and throw the alignment in my spine off. I hope it gets better so I don't have to go to the chiropractor. I don't understand why things can't just be "normal" for a change...not have any one sick or not feeling up to par.

Anyway...hope everyone has a great day...

derrydaughter 02-02-2007 07:33 AM

Paige.... I'm sending you are virtual hug.... ((((HUG)))). Sounds like you've had a rough week. If you look at my favorite movie quote from my signature line, "never give up, never surrender", this is a time when you need to say that to yourself and use it as your "mantra".
I have been where you are. I know you know what I have been through having lost both my parents within four months of each other. When times get tough, our routines and food choices go down the tubes. Forgive yourself, don't feel so pressured and remember to take care of yourself and your children. A few weeks without a loss and maybe a small gain is not going to lose the war for you, you have just lost a few of the small battles.
My back pulls out like that every now and then, it happened once when I sneezed in the shower and I could barely get out of the shower and dry off. I was flat on my back, in bed, for about two or three days. But, I am happy to say that I have solution for you. First, ice, Advil and stay as inactive as you can for a day or so (hard to do with little ones, but enlist some help from friends, your husband or whatever) and then start some exercises. I have a book put out by Prevention magazine that actually gives a series of preventative back strengthening exercises. I looked on line and there are several sites you can go to for them, but here is just one (use at your own risk, of course):
http://www.athleticadvisor.com/Injur...engthening.htm

If you start simply doing a few of these kind of things, you will get your back "back" much sooner than if you just do nothing and continue your day to day activities. If I lived near you, I'd come over and sit for your kids while you laid down and maybe make you some soup, but I can only offer you my thoughts.
Be kind to yourself. We all have our rough times and you have a busy life, sick kids. Just don't give up, a set back is nothing to concern yourself with, just square your shoulders, pick up the pieces and continue.
Get out your journal, drink some water and begin anew today.
Take care and let us know how you are doing!
(((HUGS)))
Linda

Kiwi24 02-02-2007 09:27 AM

Hi everyone:wave:
Paige, first let me say I feel for you with the back pain. So take your advil and try to take it easy until it gets to feeling better.
I really believe you should track your points. :write: That would probably help you. Those days I don't track are the days that I should have. :hun: I have had a horrible week this week but looking back I wasn't faithfully tracking. :chin: Tomorrow I weigh in. :halfempty If I don't stay on track today I may have to take my shoes off tomorrow to show a weight loss!:rofl:

Kiwi

Rosegarden 02-02-2007 10:15 AM

Good morning. Paige you are not the only one without a loss. I'd be in the same boat as you. I did NOT make it to a meeting yesterday as I had my hands FULL with prepping for that dinner. I figured I go today. Well best laid plans. DS came home and told me that we had to be over at Kalamazoo at 4 p.m. in order to get a seat for the BIG game of the season. So I needed to come into work, get my month end stuff done for January and go home to get to a game that is an hour away from my house. So unless they have a noon weigh in today, I'll be waiting until next week. That does not make me happy whatsoever. Maybe there's a meeting tomorrow at the next town over. GGGGRRRR. Oh well, I have today planned out and it's an OP kind of day, so it will be okay.

Have a good Friday everyone and wish my son's team the best of luck. They are playing the #1 ranked team in the state tonight and we have beat them once before. We have an honorable mention team but they are ranked to beat us. We can do it. I know we can.

melekalikimaka 02-02-2007 11:12 AM

Good morning ladies. :coffee:

Paige :hug: wise words offered all around. It's just one of those days where you have to hang in there and you'll make it through. We're here to listen anytime.

Kiwi, I would strip down to my underwear and WI if I wasn't so modest :lol: You weigh in with shoes??? :faint:

Laura, good luck to your sons team!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Even though you may not be able to WI you have planned to have an OP day and that counts for something. Enjoy the game!

Hey Kim, how's it going?

Hello to everyone, I gotta get a jump start on the day, just wanted to check in.

ECmom 02-02-2007 11:39 AM

Good morning!
Gee we could start a back pain club here......I too have been known to have major back issues. Paige, take that Advil and try to break the pain cycle. Linda had some great advice for you too. Don't try to do too much too early, but loosening up your back with hot showers would be a good idea. Hugs....hope you are feeling better soon. It is tough with little ones(I remember crawling into the chiropractor's office with my youngest at 6 months) We all have times when weight loss is hard.......I agree you should be tracking everything, all bites, licks and tastes.

Noele- hope your day goes well.........I take my shoes off for a WI! :)

Laura- best of luck to your son's team tonight.......Yes they can do it...... hope they win!

Kiwi- hope your WI goes ok....take the shoes off girl! I would never WI with mine!

Hi Kim!

Linda- what kind and caring advice you gave Paige......what a good friend you are. Thanks for starting the new thread!

Got a 20 minute walk in so far....kind of laying low this week, this TOM is really making me tired for some reason.
Opps, the darned dryer......gotta go fold. Take care!
GInny

Rosegarden 02-02-2007 02:38 PM

I GOT TO A MEETING!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!! Okay, I can't believe how much I get from my weekly meeting. I know not everyone needs one, but I am someone who does. It was about getting active. For some reason, I had read all my materials to read that you MUST do 30 minutes at one time to make it count toward AP. That is really hard for me to do 5-7 days a week. The leader said 10-10-10 adds up to 30 and try it that way this week. That's what I am going to do. I'm jazzed!!!

Winter storm warning here and I'm doing that traveling to the game. BBBRRRR - 2 degrees out there with wind chill - 1-3" tonight and 6-12" by tomorrow. YUUUCKKK

melekalikimaka 02-02-2007 03:43 PM

Just back from my WI and am down 3 lbs this week :carrot: Hallelujah! :lol: I was holding my breath as I stepped on the scale (even though I know this doesn't make you skinnier or weigh less). So I got my 10 lb star. This is great motivation to have another great week ahead.

Laura, good for you for grabbing that meeting. I need them too or else I get lazy and think I can sneak a bite of something extra w/out counting. :hug: Stay warm out there.

Hi Ginny :wave: I wouldn't mind helping ya fold those clothes all nice and warm just out of the dryer. It's a little nippy here, not even 70 degrees yet! I know, brrrrrrrrrr! right? :lol:

mpaigew 02-02-2007 03:49 PM

Hi all...I'm going to be the real downer here...I am having such a hard day. My back is feeling a lot better, though...thanks, girls for all the advice! I ended up taking a prescription Motrin (I am prescribed them to help with migraines) and then I took a hot bath. It really loosened my back up a lot, so I can at least bend down or turn and not yelp in pain!

But anyway, I'm having a hard "motherhood" day. I am feeling like maybe becoming a mom wasn't the smartest choice, not that it matters now. It's mainly my older dd; she is the usual kid...perfect angel for anyone but me. With me, she's constantly whining, crying, throwing temper tantrums (someone actually told her yesterday in Walmart, "When you are done throwing your temper tantrum, could you PLEASE get out of my way???" OMG!) I have absolutely no control over her, and I end up just getting angry and frustrated. I just feel like I hate the person I've become since having children, and I feel like my kids deserve a better mom than me. She makes me so incredibly stressed out. Today it led to a mini-binge eating. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, but how to moms get through it? Why would anyone want to become a mom?! I don't enjoy my children...there is never a chance to. I am just so frustrated.

Anyway...sorry about the little rant.

TTYL

FrouFrou 02-02-2007 03:53 PM

Woohoo NOELLE! WTG!!! :carrot: :woohoo: You and your 70 degree weather! I am so jealous...it is a cold 22 here, and that doesn't include the wind chill....brrrrrrr.

WTG LAURA!!!:carrot: :carrot: Good for you for getting to a meeting! I too need those meetings...it keeps me on track.

GINNY...count me in for the back pain club. I've had back pain for years and love going to the chiropractor. But I know that as I lose weight it lessens. Still have to be careful because I've put my back out just sneezing! WTG on the 20 minute walk.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Trying to remember to check in here, it's hard. Once I finish this TBL challenge it will be easier, will just have three threads to post on, lol. Felt I needed a challenge so jumped on that thread before I joined WW. Anywho...take care ladies and have a good day!

FrouFrou 02-02-2007 03:58 PM

HI PAIGE! guess we were posting at the same time. I am so sorry you are frustrated today and especially at being a mom. :hug: :hug: :hug: And I am sorry I can't give you any advice. I always enjoyed being a mom and still do even though mine are grown up now. I do remember though having bad days, mostly because DH worked so much and I never had any help around the house. But I made it thru and all the better for it as will you. I always believe in that saying that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. So you hang in there. You'll be fine. Lots of hugs to you sweetie. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

djmommy 02-02-2007 04:30 PM

You all rock... I can not beleive how much you all post.

First I still have this dang cold... As soon as my meds wear off I feel like craP. I still have not worked out but am not worried about a gain cuz I really have no Hunger for food. I am making myself eat.....It has been hard to pull meals together for the kids... Dh is taking us out tonight. I just do not want to cook. I will have soup or a salad and be done....Looking forward to breathing again...I did get my hair cut and I always feel great after they style my hair. Just wish I could style it like them.....

Paige I have been there with my kids. Some days are sooo hard.. How old is she??? My younger one was a stinker until a year ago. I have always said he is sooo strong willed that he is going to be somehing great in life. I would never want to change that in him,it is tough at times but he is a leader in life and NONONE will push him around. I use to make a paper clock out of paper plate and he would have to move his bedtime up 5 minutes when things got hairy...He hated going to bed early but it helped... Now all I say is do you want to go to bed early?? He straightens up....Anyway you need to find what works best for you. She may know she has you, so maybe walk away. It is hard I know but hang in there cuz like a movie once said.... Kids should not go to bed at night cuz the next day they are older.... Enjoy them the best you can while they are young....It will get better

Rosegarden you made it to a meeting way to go..... Whooo. Stay warmmmmm
Good luck at the game...

mele way to go on the loss. I can not wait to reach my 10 pd goal. I just made 5 this week and I was so excited too. !0 is so much better

Ecom mom I take my shoes off and wear the same stupid outfit to each weigh in....I even wear a zip up hoody that I take off and have a tank top on.....I had 50 cents in my pocket the last wi. I took it out after she weighed me. she did it again and I swear there was a .2 difference, so it counts to take off anything you can. I may not wear my jewlery.....Every oz counts.....

When I hit 20 pds my dh bought me 2 spa days. I am going to use one at each 20 pts. I can not wait....

I know I forgot some of you. I am not as good as remembering as you alll do.I do hope you all have a great night.,STAY WARM Barb

Kiwi24 02-02-2007 10:39 PM

Okay tomorrow is the weigh in day. :crossed: I've done very well today. If starving myself is doing well.:rolleyes: Water, coffee and salad! What else could I do. :shrug: I have been bad all week. By that I mean I continued to go over my points even though I'm sure I used up my 35 points early on in the week. I'm not really sure because I didn't track like I should and that's why I'm whining now!:tantrum:

I promise I will track next week:sorry: .....I promise I won't cheeeeeeaaat next week :nose:.....well, at least stay within my 35 points for the week :devil: .... just let me looooose at least 1 pouuuuuund!!:stress:

derrydaughter 02-03-2007 06:23 AM

Saturday, long post

Kiwi, I'm with you. When things are off track, it's journal, journal and more journal. That, and water, are the key to success. If you add activity, you have it made - there is no way you will ultimately not succeed.
Hmmm... taking your shoes off to show a loss? Do you weigh in with shoes on at meetings? I never do. I also take off my watch and belt, silly me. If I always had a watch and belt on in the first place, why wouldn't I bother? However, I do it no matter what.
Do you all have a certain outfit you wear for weigh-ins? I try to have that through the laundry and read each week. If I always have exactly the same thing on (even underwear!) I know I truly have a loss.
Laura, good luck with the game. I have also had occasions where life just took over and I never got to a meeting. I have to admit that when life took over, the lull of those fast food drive through windows always existed and those were the weeks that I was not at my best. I hope that hasn't happened to you.
Hey, a very good thought.... if you do have to resort (hey, that's how life can be sometimes) to a drive up window for food, what are the best choices we can make at various places?
Noelle, I had to laugh at your "I'd strip down to my underwear" remark. I actually have seen, on more than once occasion, someone strip down to a bathing suit at weigh in (think she was convince that she was finally at goal and nothing could stop her!) and I saw another woman weigh in in a slip once. Ah, the things we put ourselves through!
Ginny, thanks. Another thought to keep us all motivated. Sounds like many of us have had back problems over the years. It's certainly something to give thought to when it comes to weigh loss. If, admittedly, all of us are overweight, and many of us have back issues. We must conclude that our back issues can be related to our weight issues. If we continue to strive for healthy activities and healthy eating, we will conquer both issues, perhaps?
Laura, just read that you did get to a meeting - way to go!!!!! I know exactly what you mean about how much you get from the meetings. I'm like that too. I see people come in and get weighed and leave and they never stay, I can't imagine if they are successful or not. Maybe they are very self motivated? I feel much like an alcoholic who goes to AA meetings or something like that. If I stop going, I might fall off the wagon. When I am attending my meetings regularly and following the program it's working for me.
Noelle, congrats on your loss! Good girl! Gosh, to get that 10 pound star so soon, what great news! Took me over 6 months to get mine, but I am equally proud of both of us.
Cool when it's not quite 70... I guess the saying is "it's all relative". I'll bet you'd be amazed being here in New Hampshire. It's about 30 out (warm, compared to the last few weeks) and we had about 3" of fresh snow last night, the wind is whipping and blowing around the snow. It's not a pleasant day at all so far, and pitch black as 6:00 am with not sign of it getting light really soon. The kind of day that indoor activities will be quite appealing.
Paige, I feel for you my dear and I can relate. I wish I was the fairy godmother who could come in, wave a magic wand and make it all go away. Do you have any kind family or friends nearby? If you do, try to weasel a day off for yourself. If not, ask your DH for a non-monetary Valentines gift this year, a day where he takes the kids to a museum or something and leaves you alone at home. Then, head for the bubble bath and de-stress, etc. Kids can be trying at times. How old is your daughter? I think you might have said 3? Forgive yourself and realize the saying "this too shall pass" and it will. From the way you have talked to us all, I know you are a great mom and a caring one. You've had a tough week, don't give up on yourself or on them. (((HUGS))))
Paige, put an add in the local paper this week. Say: "Mother of two, ages ____ and ____ looking for other mom's with children of same age to form a weekly playgroup." I did this when I lived far away from my family and it was so isolating. People called! We started a group and we meet once a week and rotated each other's homes. It was my "sanity time". The kids played together and we moms had coffee and got to talk. Eventually, we shared babysitting for each other as we got to trust each other and the kids were good friends. It truly helped.
DJM, cute thought about you taking the .50 out of your pocket, I've been there! One time I hadn't been to the bathroom before weigh in and was out running errands beforehand. I weighed in and had a gain. I was really bummed out. I then quietly asked if I went to the rest room would she do it again, she smiled and said "of course" and I actually lost .4 that day, must have been all the coffee!
Kiwi, hope the weigh in goes well. If not, try again harder!!! You'll get there.

EricaL 02-03-2007 06:28 AM

Hi everyone,
Well, I set a goal for myself for the weekend... and that is to have a "model weekend", something I haven't had in awhile, just to really stay on program all weekend and within my points. I am going to make a big crockpot of this vegetarian chili recipe I have, you can have 2 cups for like 3 pts.!

Paige- Oh, I so know how you're feeling right now. We have three little girls, and our two year old right now sometimes gives us a run for our money. When our 8 yr. old did it (at ages 2-4) it use to stress me out way more, I would really question myself like, what kind of mother am I? Am I doing something wrong here? But now that our youngest is doing it, we kind of chuckle about it more than anything cause it is actually pretty funny. But I know how hard it is especially in a store, I have had more rude things said to me, more dirty looks than you can imagine, when I am just trying to be the mother of a difficult child at the time. People who do/say things like that either don't have children or don't have a clue about young children. I remember before we had kids, I was just an aunt to my now grown nephews, I was the coolest aunt and at the time, I would tell myself that I would be the "coolest mom" someday. In my mind, that never happened, because you can't be a "good mom" AND a "cool mom" at the same time. Sometimes I even say to myself, that I wish my kids could've seen me in action as an aunt, then they would know my potential of how nice I can be if I wasn't so busy having to discipline all the time! Paige, you are an awesome mom and the hard days just suck, that's all there is to it! Hang in there!

Well, it's early, I'm on my second cup of coffee then I'm off to meet a friend at the gym. I'm very thankful for this friend right now, she is such a motivator. Yesterday we had a snowstorm here, but she was calling me up to take all the kids sledding, I didn't want to go (it was too cozy in our house), but we went! And had a blast! She also calls me up to meet her at the gym for extra workouts, she has no idea what it's doing for me.

Well, sorry for the long post, hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

derrydaughter 02-03-2007 06:39 AM

Erica, very good thoughts.
I was reading what you were saying and nodding my head in agreement. What is it about our society that makes us feel like we all must be perfect? Also, what is it the makes others make rude remarks and feel they can get away with it.
We are all rushing far too much, and putting pressure on ourselves to be perfect. That relates to our kids and also our weight loss.
Breath, relax, count to 10 and have patience.
Paige, one other thing I wanted to mention....
When my two kids were about 1 and 3, I hired a local high school girl to come over and stay with both kids while I went grocery shopping, did my banking and what not. If I couldn't afford her on a particular week, I'd go when my husband was home if I could. Shopping with toddlers is traumatic, they just don't "get it" when it comes to things they see in the isles that they want. The stores do us no favors with brightly colored packaging and things organized right (think cereal isle!) at eye level for kids who are in carriages in stores.
Maybe you need to just not take them for a little while. It's hard having young kids. I remember how I was delighted when my youngest started nursery school. I have three hours two mornings a week to be ALONE! I love my kids, always have, but that "me" time was when I got the shopping and errands done on one day and on the other day, I took a quilting class so I would have some creative outlet.
Be kind to yourself.
Linda

Newlifestyle 02-03-2007 07:47 AM

Good Morning everyone. Linda thank you so much for starting this thread. There is so much great support here. Paige thank you from the bottom of my heart for your post. Funny thing is I didn't post last night because my DS was a little bear. There was no pleasing him. I put him to bed at 6:00 and I fell asleep too. Well he is so pleasant today now that he has had a good night sleep and now that I have had a good night sleep and read all these posts it seems easier as it is just life happening. Last night I was thinking what kind of a mother am I raising a child that is so out of control. I guess he was just over tired from getting up early and then tobogganing all afternoon. He is 4 and is much easier now than when he was three but some days are more difficult than others. He is too smart for my good. Ha ha.
I enjoyed your post because I realized I am not alone in this. Thank you. I wanted you to know that from your posts I can tell you are a great mom. You children have been blessed to have you as their mom.
Also thank you to all the supportive suggestions in this thread. You all have great ideas. I too am going to try some of them for example getting a teenager to watch my DS while I shop as I too have no family near where I live. I will also try to do the best I can. It is funny how we try to be perfect. I know I am not perfect so will just try my best.

I finally lost a pound this week. The leader thinks it may have been because I am exercising so much I am gaining muscle. I also need to eat more protein and get my full points in. I am always a few points short per day and very rarely use any of my activity points or my 35 additional points. I know this is all a learning experience.
Congratulations to everyone for their successes and for willing to be so supportive and help each other. You all show the true meaning of friend.
Sorry if I sound sappy but I am so thankful for this thread.
Have a great day everyone.

Kiwi24 02-03-2007 08:01 AM

Good Morning,

Yes I weigh with my shoes on and watch and jewelry. Sometimes I have jeans on. When I first started I had shoes, jeans, jewelry etc. So I've always left everything on. I figured when I had a week that I wouldn't show a weight loss I'd where lighter clothes or take off my shoes. Kind of SAVE IT until needed.:rofl:

Newlifestyle 02-03-2007 08:04 AM

Good Morning Kiwi. I see we are online at the same time.
I just read about the tornados in Florida. Is your area getting bad weather? I hope you have a great day.
Ann

mpaigew 02-03-2007 08:05 AM

Thanks everyone for all of the nice words. Yesterday was just a big meltdown day, and I knew it was coming. It is just so hard, I feel like I've just become such an angry person since I've had kids; it really does make me wonder why anyone would want to become a parent, and from what people tell me, it doesn't get better as they get older. The situation changes, but you still have the same stress. I've made the comment before that I could talk anyone out of wanting to have kids!!! My older one is going on 5; I think part of the problem is that she and I are very similar in personality. We are both stubborn and don't like to back down on things. It seems like we just clash, and we have pretty much always been like that. It annoys me so much when I tell people this, and they respond by saying, "Paige, she is 4!" That makes it even worse because there is NOOOOOOO reasoning with her. My younger dd is much more like dh in personality, pretty laid back and easy going. She's only turning 2 this month, and she throws less temper tantrums than my older one. If you ask her to do something (even clean up!) she's likely to do it. She's so loving and cuddly...so unlike my older one. I'm sure my older one feels like I favor my younger one, and I hate to say it, but I do to some degree. My older one is very hard to be around because she is always whining and crying about something. I really try to do things with just my older dd, too, because I know maybe she's just trying to get attention...if I'm running out, I'll take her, and she and I bake and cook a lot together. And during those times she's great, but as soon as we are done, she goes right back to being whiny.

Anyway...sorry for the long tangent...but it does tie into weight because the stress of it always causes a binge or just over eating in general. Last night was a little better...dh had wanted me to get out of the house when he got home and go see a movie, but it started snowing pretty heavily in the afternoon. So he just kind of took over after he got home. I'm really thankful for him; he understands how hard it is to be home with them, so he really tries to help out when he's home.

Today should be a better day. I got out a new journal, and I'm going to start my pts at my new WW pts allowance (30.) I'm hoping that the extra 4 pts will make it easier to get back on track. We are meeting MIL at Applebee's for lunch today, so I'm going to get something off of their WW menu. I also need to make more chili (I had to make two huge pots of it yesterday for a church thing) for a superbowl party tomorrow. I'm going to make it a little healthier, though, and instead of ground beef I'm going to use ground venison. So at least then I know there will be something at the party that I will be ok eating.

Anyway...I need to get going. Thanks everyone for listening.

Hope you all have a great day!

nibs 02-03-2007 08:13 AM

Hey guys,

Getting ready to go to the cabin now. I don't have time to read the posts right now and respond to them but I will when I get back on Sunday night. Have a good weekend.

Kim

Newlifestyle 02-03-2007 08:20 AM

Hi Paige,
I was not meaning to minimize what your are going through. It was just a horrible day for me yesterday too and when I read your post it made me feel a bit better. I was feeling like I was the worst mother in the world.

My younger one is very difficult all the time too. I have an older son who is much older than the younger one. The older one was so easy going and a joy to be around. The younger one is much more difficult because he is high energy and very stubborn. It is his way or the hiway (it seems anyway). I too think the difficulty for me arises as he and I are alike. I do find though as he gets older it is easier to reason with him for the most part. Sometimes though there is no reasoning. I was just fortunate with my older one that he was so easy. He made being a mother a true joy every day. I do hope it will get easier as my younger one gets older. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers.
Please take care of you Paige.
Ann

derrydaughter 02-03-2007 08:54 AM

Just want to say (and I don't want to make a long post as people won't have time to read it all!) that it truly will get better. They do grow up, as my MIL used to say "in spite of you".
My daughter is very similar to me in personality as well and we used to clash, something happened somewhere along the line and she, at 16, if finally more my friend. We don't look at things the same way and probably never will, but it's better.
Gotta go, that treadmill is calling my name.
Linda

Kiwi24 02-03-2007 09:17 AM

Hi Ann,
No bad weather here although it is cloudy. Thanks for asking. I went to Canada once as a child. I used to live in Washington State and we would take the Ferry. I loved it!

Hope Everyone is having a great morning. Torchering myself must have helped because my scales are showing a 2 pound lost. I hope their's will show it too!!

djmommy 02-03-2007 02:00 PM

New life style, My leader told me to eat an apple with pnb on it before working out. That helped with controling the hunger throughout the day. I was always starving when I came home.So protein is good to have before youworkout...

It is freezing here.... I think it is in the single digits.... We went to a basketball game at 9.am. It was so cold. we are home know and I am staying in. I still have a cold, but dh took us out to dinner. We had fun and I needed it so bad. Did not eat much just a small slice of pizza,(cheeseburger pizza) Yah my kids ordered it, (I am sure that is why I only had One slice) and a salad. So I have been very good and hopefully I will have a loss even without getting in a workout sincew MOnday.....

No parties tom so I am happy. What about you all. Any parties?????Dh is making ribs and all kinds of bad food so I need to plan something if I get my taste back...At least I can be in control here at home.....

Talking about kids my ds was so bad at the store today. We ran in after the game to get staples and he was crying and MAD that we stopped at the store. Thank god Dh was there cuz I quickly disappeared and let him take care of it. HEHE I could not take it at that moment..... I laugh about it now but it was crazy at the time......But hey they need to step in too.

I hope you all have a great day...... Exercise for me.... BArb

Rosegarden 02-03-2007 05:40 PM

WOW Tons of posts since I left yesterday for the game!!!!

We are getting hit by a blizzard. I managed to convince my 2nd job that they could do without me tonight and so I've been at home hibernating. I made a batch of the mexican soup and DS and I have been eating it today. I don't think there will be much to freeze this time around. DS seems to really like it. That's a good thing. It's very filling too and I love it in this cold nasty weather. I'm sitting here with a blanket wrapped around me. The computer area of the room is in the corner which seems to catch a chill in this weather. I may have to go take a quick bath to warm back up. But that's okay because I'm totally vegging today.

Paige - just keep at it. You do want your child to be one that people want to be around. No matter how difficult it is. Believe me, you'll be thankful that you did it early as the older they get, the harder it is. Some days are just harder than others. That's all there is to it.

Hope everyone's day is going great. Stay warm and keep the faith

Newlifestyle 02-03-2007 06:02 PM

Barb that sounds like a great idea eating pb on apple. It would be an easy way to get protein. I was wondering how I am going to get my full points in.
Good Job Laura about convincing work they don't need you there. We are getting quite a storm here too. It seems so cold. I hope everyone stays safe and warm.
Take Care
Ann

derrydaughter 02-03-2007 07:07 PM

Oh well. That is a good way to start a post I guess?
I blew it tonight. I've been so good for the most part this week. But, I was having a sad/depressed day and that always has it's contributing factors to my eating. We went out to Longhorn Steakhouse (I just adore that place). I had wine, which probably was a bad choice as it makes you "weak" in terms of lowering your inhibitions?
I had some kind of cheesy seafood dip that came with nacho type of chips, but I didn't eat all that much. I had bread with real butter. I had fillet Mignon, mashed potatoes and asparagus. I thought the mashed potatoes would be a better choice, but they arrived with a huge amount of butter melting all into it. I should have been smarter, but I have to admit I ate it all.
I guess I blew it for the day/week tonight.
At least I was on the treadmill for a half hour today, but I still feel like a failed.
However, tomorrow is another day. It is Superbowl day and we are planning pizza but maybe I'll be smart and make a big salad?
Not my week, had to confess my sins.
Linda

Kiwi24 02-03-2007 10:18 PM

You ladies are going to hate me! :devil: I went to my meeting and I took my shoes off and my jacket!! I lost 3 pounds!!! :goodscale That means I've lost 10 pounds and she gave me my second star!!:woohoo: I was sooo excited all day. Had to go to Ft Walton today so for lunch I ate Ruby Tuesday. They do not have a WW menu so I had there salad and a Turkey Sandwich with water to drink. That has held me over all day. :carrot:

I promise to be good this week!!:D

Kiwi

derrydaughter 02-04-2007 06:19 AM

Congrats on the 3 pound loss Kiwi! Great job! :bravo:
Nothing new since I confessed my sins last night. I'm going to try to be back on program in a manner that I would have to refer to as "with excellence" today. A hard thing to say to oneself on Superbowl Sunday.
I got my WW materials out and laid my binder that holds them all at my place at the kitchen table. That usually means I mean business!
One the CORE plan, I must admit that I don't journal as I have been doing fairly well without it and that has been one of the great freedoms CORE has given me. HOWEVER, I am going to write things down for the next few days.
That usually always gets me really thinking about what is going into my very big mouth! :D
Linda

EricaL 02-04-2007 06:49 AM

Hi everyone,
It is a whopping 4 degrees here in NY, guess I better gear myself up for being inside all day today with the family.

Linda-I so enjoy your posts, I'm sitting here with my coffee justa laughin' away at some of the things you say. Don't worry about your steakhouse extravaganza last night, no Monday morning quarterbacking, it happened (you enjoyed it...right?), today is a new day and move on!

I haven't even touched my huge crockpot of veg. chili I made yesterday. Soooo, I think I'll be having it for every meal today (ugh!). I'm on my way to the gym right now, just waiting for my truck to warmup. Gonna get a good sweaty workout in this AM, just get it out of the way for the day. Well, my 2 yr. old is demanding that she be in my lap right now so I'm off.....

Newlifestyle 02-04-2007 08:14 AM

Good morning everyone.
Kiwi that is awesome your 3 pound loss, way to go.
Erica it is cold here too, that chili sounds good on a day like this.
Linda, I too enjoy your posts!
I think I am starting to get my motivation back, thanks Erica. I realize that I am around the half way mark thanks for making me see that.
Good luck to everyone today. I hope it is a great day for all of us.
Take Care - Ann

derrydaughter 02-04-2007 01:03 PM

Having a hard day.
Do you all find that once you blow it, that it sets off a pattern? I've had all the best intentions throughout the day and things have not gone well.
I shall keep trying, though.
I'm going to get on the treadmill in a little while and work off some of those points!
Linda

mpaigew 02-04-2007 01:13 PM

Hi all...it's been better this weekend as far as emotions. Not so great for eating, though. I gave in last night and made a cake. I had a piece last night, and was going to go back for seconds (even though I was incredibly full) but changed my mind. I did have a piece today, though (I must say, not to pat myself on the back, but I will be one darn good pastry chef someday! LOL!) Soooooo much for giving up sugar! I also made some venison chili last night, and "sampled" a bowl this morning (I don't do breakfast foods.) That actually must be very low in points, and it is SOOOO filling, just like that mexican soup. I'm taking the chili and some cornbread to our neighbor's house tonight for the game. My BIL plays in the NFL, but his team has been out for awhile, so I'm not really even into the Super Bowl.

So I've decided that Mondays are going to be my "official" weigh in day. Tomorrow is going to be a scary day...I think I'm back up to about 213-214-215...so I'll be changing my ticker. It's like that first time when you go in to a WW meeting and you just don't want to step on the scale...but I guess I just have to face it and start somewhere. If I don't I really can't get back on track. I'm going to take today and really determine what my goals are and post them tomorrow, too. I feel like I've really just lost sight of it all, so I need to reign myself back in.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

mpaigew 02-04-2007 01:16 PM

Linda-We must of been posting a the same time. I do know what you mean. I feel like that is how it has been every day for the longest time now. Every morning, I wake up with the best of intentions, but fall into a pattern. I had that piece of cake today, but I'm going to eat better the rest of today, and tomorrow I'm going to break the cycle.

Never give up, never surrender, right?

djmommy 02-04-2007 03:10 PM

hi everyone, Wow I feel better. I still have this cold but I must say I am 75% better. I am hopping for a good workout tom. Dh is cooking up a storm. I am praying I make some good choices today..... I di get on the scale and I think I did lose a few. I will weigh in on Tuesday withthe real scale so no use going by mine....

Rosegarden boy you all did have some snow up north. My sister n law went up to Western for a visist and she said the whole town was shut down. Movie theater anyway. She said it was a bad ride up there.... Stay warmm

It is sooo cold here. We walk to church today and I ran home BRRRR. It is under 0 with some crazy windchill factor. To say the least a good day for my blanket ,tea and t.v.....

Paige , do not worry about eating the cake, we are all human and it stinks but it will not be the last time something like that happens, just get back on the band wagon.....The important thing is you are aware of it.....I weigh in on Tuesday just for the fact that I do not go crazy on the weekends. It has not really worked to my benefit yet but I figure one day it will click and I will have some great losses.

Kiwi you rock great loss.

Linda.you enjoyed your self and that is great. Do not beat yourself up. Like your motto says Never Give up ,never surrender.. You wil get back into it... We are here for you all rooting you on.

Have a great day peple and stay warm

EricaL 02-04-2007 04:04 PM

Cake! My FIL dropped off a huge plate of it, leftover from church today. My cousin who is a pastry chef made it, and yep did I ever have a piece of it and yep it was reeeeally good. Ya know what? I'm glad I had it, cause the fact that I didn't try to use all the willpower in the world to just put it away without having a piece has pretty much determined that I won't devour half the thing later tonight, when the house is quiet and everyone is in bed (because it doesn't count then, right?!?! ha, ha). So have that piece of cake (if you need to) and move on from it! Cake eaters unite! :)

Kiwi24 02-04-2007 04:54 PM

I'm with you Erica! :hb: :cp:

My philosophy is:
IF NO ONES SEES YOU EAT IT THEN IT DOESN'T HAVE CALORIES!!:rofl:

Ladies I am soooo sorry you are suffering through a winter storm. I wish I could send you some heat. :flame: I was in Ft. Walton Florida yesterday and I believe I saw snow flakes!! :D I guess its just not the same is it?:lol3: Seriously, try to stay warm!:hug:

As far as my weight loss. Actually, I've only loss 2 pounds.:goodscale The other pound was from taking my shoes and jacket off. :high: I want to lose 2 pounds next week so I can put my shoes back on. That way when I have a really bad week I can take my shoes back off!!!:lol:

I've done really well for 2 days as far as tracking my points. I had 25 points yesterday. (3 over) And today I've had 20 so far. (I get 22) I may have popcorn later tonight. I think what I will do is when I run out of points I will go to bed. :^:

Kiwi