3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/103720-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

Kiwi24 02-05-2007 05:30 PM

Hi everyone

Its your weather that is making it hard for all of you. When people are stuck inside they eat. They munch. There bored.

I get alot of Kellogg brand stuff because I'm a muncher!! :corn: I have a sweet tooth.:m: :cookie: So I get Kellog protein water, Yogos, mini wheats strawberry delight and now there nutri grain strawberry yogurt!! :D

I really do focus on eating healthy meals but if I need to snack instead of blowing it with junk food I eat low point items. Yogos is only 2 points for a bag and they are sweet and yummy!!:hyper:

Tonight I made a Veg soup with meatballs.:stir: 6 points per 2 cup serving. Limit 6 meatballs. Very good. This is stuff the whole family can eat and enjoy.:hun:

I found my pedometer at Walmart for 3.48. :running: They had a more expensive brand for 10.00 with a radio but I figured I'd try this out first.

I'll chat later
Kiwi

EricaL 02-05-2007 06:17 PM

All I want to do is eat!!!!!!! (With this cold weather)

ECmom 02-05-2007 06:46 PM

Oh my gosh........have not been here all weekend and we are on page 4!!!!!!

It is cold here in NY (Paige knows that, she lives about an hour from me!)....bitter cold. I have managed to get some workouts in, mostly treadmill and my kickboxing DVD. I did pretty much stay OP thru the weekend, stuporbowl and all.

Sorry not to get personal.....Dh needs the computer. Be back tomorrow to attempt to catch up with everyone..
Ginny

ECmom 02-05-2007 06:48 PM

BTW- Kiwi a pedometer is a very very good investment....allows you to see how active/inactive you are. Enjoy! (I love mine)

mpaigew 02-05-2007 07:07 PM

Just a quick check in. I did my weigh in today, and sure enough, I'm back up to 213. UGH, UGH, UGH! Two months ago I was down to about 203. I guess the good thing is that I didn't throw in the towel altogether; I kept posting and I will work my way through it. Soooo up up up goes my ticker. I did pretty good eating today, though, so it's a start back in the right direction.

Yeah, this bitter cold is awful. I had class today, and I felt terrible about having to get dds out in the cold. I had them bundled up so tightly. We left about 7:30, so the wind chill was still in the negatives.

On a positive note, I am SO SO SO excited for this weekend! For xmas, MIL gave dh and I a "date night" to Hotel Thayer, which is (from what I've heard) a really, really nice old historical hotel that is in West Point (Ginny & Linda, do you know which one I'm talking about?) So dh and I are going there on Friday for their Valentine's Murder Mystery dinner-theater, and we will be staying the night. I really can't wait to go. Dh and I need to spend some quality time together.

Have a good night all!

derrydaughter 02-05-2007 07:29 PM

Hi guys!
Dawny, good to hear from you and I"m glad you are back checking in with us, even if it's not each and every day.
I've quickly scanned through posts and sounds like lots of us are freezing! Me too, our pipes froze today in the living room (heat pipes) and I got them thawed. I'm really nervous about tonight, wind chill is supposed to be -35 out. Ouch! The wind gusts are 40 mph and it's only 11 outside right now.
I love winter??
Paige, I've been by Hotel Thayer and you will have to pass by New Windsor, where I used to live to get down that way. Wave to my old friends! West Point is really a lovely and quaint looking place and we used to drive through there often. I'm a quilter and used to belong to a guild in Cornwall On Hudson and many West Point wives would come who did wonderful work. I've been on school field trips there as well, really nice military base. You'll enjoy your stay there, it feels kind of "Presidential" there as many of our nation's presidents have stayed at Hotel Thayer.
Now, my day yesterday was not good. I blew it on Superbowl food and had eaten out Saturday night and kind of blew it then as well. I'm a big scared. However, I was fairly good all day. I went to my quilt guild meeting (a monthly meeting with nearly 150 people usually) and there is always food there. I brought carrots and a one point piece of 50% lite cheese. I could have had pastry, cookies and tons of stuff, but behaved. That took lots of control, but couldn't I have had as much control of myself over the weekend? Weigh in is tomorrow, so who knows what will happen.
I hope I break even and stay the same, at least.
Stay warm everyone,
Linda

nibs 02-05-2007 07:54 PM

Hey girls,

I'm finally back from my one night at the cabin. We ended up staying two because we got snowed in on Sunday night. Three of us had to call in to work last night and tell them we needed the day off because we couldn't get out. It wasn't nice weatherwise and foodwise. We spent another night eating and drinking so I feel pretty rotten right now. Tomorrow I have to get back OP.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Kim

ECmom 02-05-2007 08:35 PM

Kim- welcome back!!!!! Get back on the wagon tomorrow......it is ok, really.

Paige- Hotel Thayer is supposed to be fantastic, and pretty much any of the productions there are top notch! And Linda is right, very scenic. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! And absolutely do not sweat the gain. No sense beating yourself up over it.....refocus and get back on track.

Linda- congrats on being the queen of willpower!! Hope tomorrows WI is good.

dd needs the computer........nite
Ginny

EricaL 02-06-2007 07:13 AM

Hi everyone,
Well yesterday and my all day food fest is well in my past. I have my WI tonight and I have to be really good today, I want to lose just one pound tonight in the worst way. In the beginning I set up a rewards system for myself. For every 10 pounds I lose I get a pedicure (very indulgent for me). So one pound tonight would mean I'm down 20. I'm thinking if I drink a ton of water today I might be able to do it.

Kim-welcome back!

Linda-way to go with your carrot sticks and lite cheese, that is a huge accomplishment to be able to do that. Stick that one in your back pocket the next time you're faced with a tough food challenge. That's truly what got me through the holidays. I conquered one Christmas party w/o eating everything in site, and I just mentally focused on what I did at that one party for all the next events to come.

Paige-well here you are, you did the deed (of stepping on the scales), got it over with and it's onward and (downward :) ) from here right? You'll be back down those 10 in no time!

Ginny- where abouts in NY are you? This cold weather is crazy isn't it?

Kiwi-Great ideas with the low point snacks, I bought those Yogos for my kids, they didn't like them but I do! They kind of taste like candy to me! I need to have some of your positive attitude sent my way!!

Kiwi24 02-06-2007 09:34 AM

Good Morning,

Okay I made the soup with meat balls. :dz: Scratch it from your recipe. :write: Yuck!:barf: It needed some flour or tomato paste. Something. Of course I'm not a veg soup person but I thought the meat balls would give it something. :chin: Everyone was just digging out the meat balls and eating them. Uggh!:rolleyes:

Today I will start using my counter. I may even add a walking ticker. I found my self taking faster steps yesterday. The longer route to the fridge!:D

Erica, Water and Salad! :high: You'll get it off. :goodscale

Welcome back Kim!:wave:

Linda have you tried the Kellogg Nutri grain yogurt bar,strawberry flavor? I just found this yesterday and it is wonderful. Like the Yogos you can stick it in your purse and have it when you need it.

Oh Paige that sounds wonderful. :cloud9: I went to a dinner theater once and I've never forgot it. My DH likes to steal away and spend quality time with me. So we go to a hotel on the beach called the Legacy.:sunny: Its wonderful. Each room has a balcony looking over the water. The place has everything.:strong: :swim: :beach:

ECmom 02-06-2007 11:59 AM

Kiwi- sorry the soup was not what you expected (bummer, isn't it!) I am making minestrone (WW) tonite......in the crock pot already. I would be happy to share that recipe if you like. And you have already figured out what I LOVE about the pedometer. It really helps keep you honest.....anything below 4000 steps is considered sedentary. WW really wants us over 10,000 steps daily. On a normal day I am around 8-9000 (I wear it while I work out). Let me know how you like using it!

Erica- I live in southern Orange Cty, 8 miles north of the NJ border (in a fairly rural area). I do hope that the scale fairy is kind to you and you get that last # off!!!!!!!

Got a 1 mile walk in and a WATP tape . And my eating is very OP. WI tomorrow at my usual meeting. Gotta go clean my messy house!
Ginny

dawnydw 02-06-2007 01:19 PM

Hi girls.
This hotel place you guys are talking about sounds fab! I bet the food there takes you over your points allowance just by looking at it though!
Kiwi, the meatball soup sounds awful. I think I would just about manage the balls but I'm not a soup fan most of the time anyway, and as Linda would tell you, I'm a terrible cook, so I'll stear clear of that one!

I've had a so-so day. Home made muesli for breakfast, quite a few points involved, but very filling, keeps me going easily until lunchtime, so less wanting to snack on those things I shouldn't. Lunch was a boring apple, yoghurt and, oh, thats it - good job I was still full from brekkie! Dinner tonight, well, not sure yet. Not good planning on my part. Its shopping day tomorrow so I'm sort of out of options. I'll find something in the back of the fridge.

Righty-o, I'll go, back soon, take care,

djmommy 02-06-2007 02:19 PM

Hi everyone, Another day the kids are home due to the cold weather.... Tom they should be back.. Dh has been home too, he works sometimes outside so they called work off for 2 days. Had my wi and I only lost .2 pds. I think that is all water gain because I di not drink my water alt all last week. Hopefully next week will be better. My ds told me once that a .4 of a pd is a stick of butter. That 4 sticks is a whole pd. So when I imagine that I am ok with .2 cuz it is a half of a stick of butter. That is a pinch of fat of the body...I need mental things to help me get through this. I must say before I would be mad and quit but not this time around. If it takes me a year I am ok with that.

I do love soup and could use some new soup recipes. I made the taco one again. My kids will kill me if I make it again. Anyone have something really good that you could share?I made the califlower one ,that is good. I may make that one again. I think it is only 1 pt.

Paige enjoy your weekend away. Do not worry about the gain you are stillmotivated so you will be fine.

Erica fish the night before a wi seems to work for people too.

Linda congrads on your food choices . That is mMOtivation.

Kim your weekend sounded like fun, relaxing. Wish We could do something like that...

I am off to the Doc. Office .I think I have a sinus infection. It has been a week so something is not right. I feel so much better but not 100% Going out tonight with our ladies night out. Looking forward to some time out. Eating greek not sure what to order. May have to go to dwlz and check out some options. Have a great day.... Stay warm...

Rosegarden 02-06-2007 03:42 PM

Hi Guys - well I'm slowly dragging myself back into line. I got a Slimfast pedometer in the mail last week. I need to read the directions and get it calibrated. I had a Curves one from Avon but I have absolutely no clue how to reset it and the directions on that one have disappeared. I was just reading today on MSNBC that the average desk worker (which I am) only gets a little over 4,000 steps in a day. YIKES - that's a long way from the recommended 10,000. I'm anxious to try it out and see where I end up.

It's a little warmer today (oh maybe 0 instead of -10) but the wind is harder. So the trade off is probably about even. DH's stoopid truck went down again and with all the extreme cold weather, we can't get it into a mechanic for 3-4 days. So we're dropping it off tomorrow and hoping to have it by the weekend. Fingers crossed. I hate spending money on auto repairs.

Just wanted to stop by and wave at everyone. Big Hugs to Paige. It will be okay and you'll get back your groove. You were doing so well. Winter after the resolutions of January, is very very hard.

derrydaughter 02-06-2007 03:46 PM

Hi everyone!
Dawny, I'll bet you are a great cook.
That soup probably needs something that would require more points and more imagination.
I went shopping today and purchased the ingredients to make that world-famous garden vegetable WW soup. I "need" it, I think. My leader suggested we experiment with it by adding chicken, shrimp or something like that to it. Maybe I will try that, it would be very low in points considering that it's zero points if you made it as per the WW recipe.
I guess it's the kind of weather (at least around here) where soup is truly in order. I bought stuff to make chili as well.
I leave in about 25 minutes to go to my meeting and weigh in. I wonder if it's going to be a gain or loss week? According to my scale here at home, it could be just about anything. I never know. I have my same old clothes, even down to underwear on that I weigh in each week with, so we will know if it's just ME that weighs more of less, I'm hoping for less!
I took two days off from the treadmill and it was really hard to get back on this morning, but I did it.
So, that is my report. Not much happening other than that.
Take care and I'll give a weigh in update later on if time permits.