3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/103720-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

derrydaughter 02-20-2007 12:55 PM

Hi guys!
Sorry I've been "absent" the last few days. With two family birthdays in one weekend, it was a busy time.
I kind of blew it with my eating, but I am forgiving myself and right back on program today. My meeting and weigh in are this afternoon and I worry about a gain. But, LIFE goes on and that is what I did this weekend, live.
I've not had time to read all your posts, forgive me. However, a quick scan showed me many Happy Birthday wishes, thanks!!!!!
I'll try to get back on track and, also, will restart the thread in a day or so, it's getting way too long again.
Take care,
Linda

EricaL 02-20-2007 05:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well, I have my WI tonight. I was definitely down more over the weekend, but.... I've been into the milk chocolate chips in the last couple of days, and why do I even have them in the house? I'll be happy with any loss tonight, all part of the big picture to just see the scales continuing to go downward.

Linda- glad to hear that you're human!:)

Paige-way to go with the loss, keep it up!

Well, chat more tomorrow!

Newlifestyle 02-20-2007 05:47 PM

Hello everyone.
Good luck on your weigh in Erica and Linda. I think we need a beautiful spring day and that will help keep everyone motivated. Thanks Paige, it seems like it is taking forever, but I realize that I am impatient and I want all the weight off today. I know that slow and steady wins the race.
Great job Laura on your success. Ginny will you be busy for a while or does it slow down soon.
Have a great night everyone.
Take Care
Ann

djmommy 02-20-2007 06:38 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing great...

Happy belated bday Linda...

I wi today and I gained a pd... I was very pleased seeing that I did not wi last week or record a darn thing. Not to mention the choices i made last week. The girls weekend went great... The boys really enjoyed it. It was nice to get out and see all of the old friends and kids.....Spent some time with my family too. Just found out my sis has a lump and we are pretty sure it is cancer. It is on her breast, and she saw the xray and it looks like a noduale(sp). She is a nurse so knows what to look for. I have been sick to my stomach for her, tomorrow she is going in for a colon thing. I guess they found something with that too. She has just gotten a divorce as of last Tuesday, her son moved into his fathers house, her daughter went away to college, she has to find a full time job but really can not work on her feet because of a medical problem. She is really struggling to make it all work out and this last week was so very hard on her. I just wish I were there to help here. She has not told anyone yet about the possiable cancer.... MY mom had it last year....MY mom is a survivor...... Life just sucks right now. It is times like this that you need to sit back and not complain about the little things in life......I could care less about that stupid pd......It could be worse.... Sorry to on load but sometimes I do not understand life????

My goals tom and this week is to record everything. I need to exercise and drink water........ If any of you are prayers I could use some prayers for my sis.....Thanks for listening........

haylo921 02-20-2007 07:42 PM

Paige: thanks for the info. I am now trying to decide if I want to do just regular old calorie counting or WW. I think I need to set down and compare the two and figure out which one I like best. I am like you in that I go up and down and have a hard time staying on track with or without meetings. Sometimes I feel like they motivate me but then at the same time I think I can't believe I am paying this much money to have some one way me, but then of course it does make me more accountable at times. I see that you guys are very supportive here and that definatly makes things more motivating.

mpaigew 02-20-2007 07:45 PM

Barb-I understand how you are feeling...questioning why things like this have to happen. In August my cousin was murdered; it was such a senseless act of violence, and really shook me up. He was only 25 (only 1 yr younger than me) and going to school in New Mexico. I really questioned why it happened, why it happened to him, and to my family. I try to believe that the hard times make us stronger; I guess I know they do, but it's hard to just chalk it up to that.

What is your sister's name, so that I can add her to my prayer list?

EmmaGabysMum 02-20-2007 09:27 PM

congratulations on your loss Paige!

rosegarden - glad you had a great weekend! LOL your dog sounds like our old doggy (RIP Dusty)... he would beg to go for a walk, but then we'd need to pull him home....

Haylo - i'm sure you'll decide what's best for you! I persoanlly NEED someone (or something, such as the points guidelines) to tell me what to do, so that I don't think "oh this extra _____ won't make a difference". I hate that meetings are so pricey, but for ME, i need them!

... sorry i'm just new to this thread, i'll get a bit more active with personals soon!

Rosegarden 02-20-2007 10:44 PM

Okay, I'll try to catch up a bit for the day. I am glad to see everyone back here. I was beginning to feel a bit lonely.

Linda - glad you had an excellent time for your birthday weekend. You have the right mentality. Just pick back up and get right back on the saddle.

Erica - let us know how that weigh in goes. I reported my good weeks and my bad weeks. Everyone here is so supportive for both! I had to get rid of all the chocolate to break the horrible habit. I am always able to have it back in the house after a week or so of not eating it. Chocolate is really a Red Light food for me along with ice cream.

Ann - slow and steady really is the answer and the mantra I need to adopt. One of the big losers highlighted over at WW said you need to find a mantra and keep repeating it over and over and over. Slow and steady may be mine.

DJsmommy (is it Barb?) - yes give us your sister's name and I'll definitely keep her and your family in my prayers. Glad you had such a good weekend. Some small delights to help offset the bad huh?

Haylo - whatever route you choose to do, meetings or at home, just keep coming back for support. People here are great and it's a daily fix when needed.

Paige - I didn't realize you were quite so young. You sure do have great wisdom for a young mom. I do enjoy your posts and look forward to them.

Emma - you'll have to give us some insight on maybe how the WW program is different in NZ - besides the weight conversions of course. We have a member who attended meetings in Europe this past summer and she has some interesting things to tell at our meetings about differences. It almost sounds like the "try out" the changes on Europe before they bring them here.

Noelle and everyone else, check in - would love to hear from you and how your week is going.

I just drank my last Diet Coke for 40 days. I haven't been drinking much soda pop on WW but every once in a while a Diet Coke really tastes great. I'm going for other forms of liquids that will fit into my program

haylo921 02-20-2007 10:48 PM

Barb: I am sorry to hear about your sister, I will definatly keep her in my prayers.

derrydaughter 02-21-2007 05:35 AM

I can't believe it. I made this big long post last night and it's not here this morning. ______ it!!!!!
I can't even remember what I said now, so later on when I have time I'll have to go back and figure it all out. I did LOSE .6 at my meeting, though, so that was good news.
I have a very busy morning, so will post later. I will also be starting a new thread, maybe that is what to do when posts get lost? I'm not getting my e-mail thread notifications all the time either.
Linda

derrydaughter 02-21-2007 06:43 AM

Here is the new thread, C-ya there!!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105196