3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/103720-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

melekalikimaka 02-16-2007 10:54 AM

Good morning ladies, going to my WI this morning. Skipped last week so I am hoping I have a maintain. If not, I can plead water retention from my surgery instead of valentine's chocolates can i not? I got rid of one box of chocolates as 2 of my 6 sisters came over and ate them. Better them than me! The other I will bring to a Sunday brunch we are having for my dad's b-day this weekend. Sounds like a plan eh? I have another P/T torture session this morning after WI. How's that for enough pain in one day?

Hello to all and wishing you all an OP kind of day. I gotta get a jump start on mine. Be back later.

Rosegarden 02-16-2007 01:17 PM

Noelle - sorry to hear you had surgery - hope you are doing fine. Get rid of the chocolates. That's the best idea.

Okay ladies, I need some help here. I am so discouraged (not enough to quit mind you) but you know I switched to core last week. I know what a portion looks like after so many weeks on Flex. I will admit that I had one bad day with a home party and chocolates but it wasn't an out of control binge day whatsoever. But I gained 3 lbs this week. All this time to get those stinking 3 lbs gone and back in one fell swoop. On top of that, I missed yesterday's weigh in so I went to a different meeting today. Can you believe that the leader passed out Chocolate kisses in class? She tried to tell us that the chocolate has no power. I was pretty nasty about it let me tell you and that is not my nature. She was not helpful after class either and said I must not have followed plan. I'm pretty mad at myself, that leader and life in general right now.

I'm back on Flex. I guess Core wasn't for me. GGGRRRR - all that work - poof gone in one small week

Rosegarden 02-16-2007 01:19 PM

Oh yeah, the leader did say that you have to count the whole recipe as points, not just the non-core items unless it's like a potato with butter, then you'd count the butter only

EricaL 02-16-2007 02:19 PM

Linda- thanks for the info. on CORE and grazing in between... i'm going to check out the book.... p.s. what do you eat in between meals when you're hungry?

mpaigew 02-16-2007 03:37 PM

Laura-I think that leader is a dope. Maybe I had to be there to get the full message, but passing out chocolate? Uh, hello?! For some people (like me) just a taste could trigger a binge...I'm sorry, but when you don't know how to control it, things like chocolate DO have power. LOL...maybe I had to hear the whole message.

Also, I'm looking in the week 1 book, and unless this is another thing that changed when the programs were revised, it tells you to only count the points in the non core items. It uses the example of Basic Tomato Sauce (core) and adding 2 tbs of parmesan cheese. It says that you would only count the points value of the cheese.

Leaders like that are one reason that I don't go to meetings. I get too "miffed" sometimes...I have gotten much more support here (obviously, because this is the longest that I've ever been able to stick with it.) I feel your pain!

djmommy 02-16-2007 07:12 PM

Wow I can not believe she passed out choc... That is a trigger food for me....Many posts posted to much to respond to you all. I must say I think next week I may be on board with core. This week was os shi%ty .I made over 100 cookies ..peanut butter with chooc kisses. Aghhhh I burned 2 trays of 24. I was so mad. To much distrations with the kids being home and dh. My kids were home today , YES again..On a winter break.... Monday too. I swear they have not learned anything in 3 weeks.

I am leaving tom morning to go jto my home town. I hope I do somewhat good on my choices. I have given up on the recording. !st week I did not record and I can see it on a scale. It is soo hard to lose and so EASY to put it on. We are having our girls night with the kids at the hotel on sunday. I have not seen my old friends since a year ago... We have 10 rooms booked. I am so excited about laughing and having a good time. Dh is staying home, We have another alberto(sp) clipper coming . I am leaving early to beat this silly storm..I need out...

I hope you all stay warm and enjoy your weekend.I will check in on Tues withyou all. Barb

Oh yes we finished the airport...I must say it is really cool. We have some of the emergency items also. My kids love legos. Even my 9 year old.I think it is ageless. Have you ever step on one of those buggers....Yikes man does that hurt........

Newlifestyle 02-16-2007 08:29 PM

Hi all.
I hope that you all have a great night and a better weekend.
I am up one pound. I am not too worried though. It is all part of my journey.
Barb those lego pieces hurt when I step on them. Ouch.
I went walking outside everyday this week and it was super cold. I hope it warms up soon. I can't believe you are getting another Alberta clipper. Have you not received enough bad weather.
Have a great night all.
Have a wonderful birthday Linda.
Take Care
Ann

reddress 02-16-2007 10:16 PM

Hello!

I just found this board, so dropping in for a quick hello. I joined WW online March of last year, and having pretty good success with it on Flex.

Especially when I follow the plan. Wish me luck for the weekend though, I'm feeling snackish, and my WI is Monday morning! I really need to start working on collecting APs.

EricaL 02-17-2007 06:46 AM

Good Morning everyone,
Thought I'd drop in to say Hello, I'm off to the gym early today. Core is going pretty well for me so far. I did go back and read Week one book, and yes, learned that I'm snacking on the wrong things. Thanks Linda! It kind of bugs me how they really push the WW fruities and smoothies so much. I'm really going to have to figure out how to pack the most protein I can into my snacks, b/c other than the FF milk at snack time, where can I get protein? I really want to use my flex points for treats, not cheese/nuts etc.

Laura- I'm really sorry that you're up for some reason this week. I tell you, when you've been working so hard, there's nothing worse. I do agree with Ann though, as hard as it is to face those scales, it is part of the journey. (Last thing you prob. want to hear right?). Not sure I understand the leader passing out the chocolate, she definitely must not be an addict like a lot of us b/c believe me if chocolate was an illegal drug, I wouldn've been in rehab or jail for it a long time ago. :)
Have a great day everyone,
Erica

melekalikimaka 02-17-2007 11:30 AM

Good morning ladies. I was down a lb at my WI yesterday which I was really appreciative of, considering I had been lying on my couch recuperating for most of the last 1-1/2 weeks :lol:. I guess my appetite hasn't been all that huge during that time and well, the body just did what it needed to do. I like those kinds of weeks.

:welcome: Reddress :wave:. Congratulations on your success w/WW, that is really impressive and inspiring to me, especially since you are doing it at home. You will love this board, so much good information and support. Post often :D

Laura, sorry you're feeling down. I was thinking maybe with the change to Core foods your body is just trying to adjust to it? I don't know too much about Core, but maybe since Core foods are "whole" foods, it takes longer for the body to digest right? Maybe give it another week and those 3 lbs will come off after your system adjusts. That leader of yours didn't sound too supportive, esp. w/passing out the candies. I have a great leader at WW and once a month in her Saturday classes she would bring bite-sized treats. Usually a sample of some lowfat dessert. I have to stay away from those as it is usually carb loaded and will set me off on the wrong foot--especially since I weigh in the morning and do not eat before going. I would never take a sample, but then when I knew my resistance would be really low, I just switched my WI and meeting day. :lol: Sounds kind of drastic right? But for me, avoidance works. I get the point your leader was trying to make that food has no power, but it does seem pretty strange that they would pass out candy at a meeting. Hello? I'm sure the leaders there know that a lot of people of have different reactions to certain foods. Like Erica said, it can be an addiction for some--you wouldn't wave a cigarette in front of a person trying to quit would you? Sorry for the rambling, but I know where you're coming from. :hug:

Erica, did you have a great workout? Stay warm out there.

Ann, you have a great outlook on your WI.

Barb, have a great time w/your girlfriends, it sounds like fun.

Ginny, you work so hard during the week, hope you get the long weekend off?

Linda, how was the b-day and the buffet challenge? I hope you had a good time.

Paige, glad to hear you're liking Core and the freedom it gives you. I'm saving up all the info from all those here doing Core and may use it to shake things up when I get stuck in a rut down the road. I am a binge eater too...I hate when I do it, but I just can't help myself sometimes. Well, we will all live and learn (I hope :D)

I gotta scoot and get some laundry done. Have a nice long weekend everyone. :wave:

Rosegarden 02-17-2007 12:24 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone. Yeah Paige - I was pretty shocked too because I love chocolate and it's a food that I have a problem controlling. I do fine once I'm "off the stuff" for a bit but right now I'm struggling so it put me over the edge.

Noelle - I probably didn't give Core a good chance but I'm back on flex this week. I won't risk another weight gain like that as it killed my pride in what I have lost. I know it works for many but I think I just need the regime of flex. I eat a lot of whole grain foods anyway in flex so I can have extra points so I don't think it was my body trying to catch up.

About my leader, I usually go on Thursdays and that leader is WONDERFUL!!!! I have gone to the Friday one twice and now I know that I won't stay for meeting if I have to weigh in again on her day.

Erica, you are doing so well. I'm glad you're actually getting those workouts in.

DJsmommy - I hope you have a great time at your weekend. WW will be here when you return. I firmly believe sometimes you just have to enjoy life. I'm also convinced that you will make some better choices than you once would have too! Can't wait to hear about the girls weekend.

Ginny - Your weather doesn't sound much better than ours. We're getting snow again today. I can't remember the last time we had a clear day. Enjoy your time with your kids.

Ann - that is a great outlook. I'm glad you posted it. It reminds me that each day is a small snapshot in our lifes and not the big picture. THANKS!

Linda - hope you check back in with more Core stuff in case I ever get brave enough to give it another shot. Right now I'm not comfortable doing it but I find it interesting that SO many people have been successful with it.

Paige - keep us updated on the Core progress. I want to hear how well it works for you. And thanks again for the support!

Have a great successful weekend everybody. I'm sure I'll be checking in later today and tomorrow

EricaL 02-18-2007 06:44 AM

Hi everyone,
Well 1/2 the weekend is over and I gotta say that yesterday was pretty good, despite the fact that I stayed inside just about the entire day after I got home from the gym. Whoever mentioned the "Better than Peanutbutter" from Trader Joe's, Thank you!. I was able to get my hands on some yesterday (my sister brought me two jars). It's not a CORE food, but I put some on that Ezekial bread, and that really carried me throughout the rest of the day.

Last night was the first time in a long time that I did not indulge in my "all the kids are in bed and now it's my treat time". Dh and I rented a movie, I had already used my flex points for the day, I wasn't that hungry, and I just decided to see if I could really do it. By the end of the movie I was actually even a little hungry, but I said nope, when the movie is over, I'm going straight upstairs and to bed. Now let me just tell you that this was very unorthodox for me. Every night after the kids are in bed, I either scoop some ice cream for myself, or I have a little chocolate etc. It felt very empowering to just decide that I really didn't need it. Although it did help that I was chomping on my gum like there was no tomorrow. Which really just goes to show that half my problem is this little oral fixation problem that I have. Alright, well sorry for the tangent, but it really helps me to gather my thoughts about this so that I can forge on through my next challenging night after the kids go to bed!

derrydaughter 02-18-2007 07:31 AM

Hi, no time this morning to read through all the posts, sorry!!!! Welcome Reddress though!
What a busy weekend, with my son's b-day on Friday and now mine today. I blew it with my eating, no point in going "there" to relate it to you all, but I shall try, yet again, today.
I'm not giving up!
Linda

Newlifestyle 02-18-2007 08:52 AM

Good Morning everyone.
Happy Birthday Linda. I hope it is your best birthday yet.
I hope everyone has a great day.
We are going on holidays in March and I noticed there is a Trader Joes in the area so I am going to try and pick up some of their peanut butter. I also heard they have great coffee. Does anyone know about the coffee or if there is a good place for coffee. I currently buy Starbucks, which I enjoy when I make it at home but am looking for other good coffee too.
Way to go Erica with your success last night. I am not sure I could go the night without snacking. Barb have a great weekend. I am going back to visit with my friends in July and I know it will be so much fun. I miss them so much. Noelle congratulations on the loss. You did well. I know if I couldn't exercise or get around I am sure I would gain.
Paige congratulations on switching to Core.
Laura, I asked at our meeting and they were shocked anyone handed out chocolate. I felt it was kind of mean as you wouldn't offer beer at an AA meeting. If someone chooses to go out and buy chocolate that is there choice but it is a trigger for me so I don't eat it. I choose other poisons that I can have one of and not be tempted.
Welcome Reddress and good luck on your weigh in.
Hello Ginny and everyone else I may have missed.
Have a great day.
Take Care
Ann

Rosegarden 02-18-2007 11:43 AM

Good morning, almost afternoon. I'm workting this a.m. but it's slow for the time being so I'll pop in and say hello. I've had an excellent two days and working toward a 3rd. Maybe that 3 lb weight gain was the kick in the pants I needed to put me back into the mode.

Last night for dinner, I made an excellent baked version of Canjun Catfish for 6 pts for a whole fillet w/Betty Crocker butter potato flakes (2 pts for 2/3 c serving) and green beans. It was just so satisfying. That could be part of the journey too. I need to mix up my foods and make sure I feel like I'm eating "good" food and not just the same ole stuff.

Not sure what's on the plan for tonight but I'm pretty sure it involves boneless chicken breast - good thing I LOVE chicken.

The sun is FINALLY out today and I'm going to try to get a walk in this afternoon after work. I miss my walks. Have a good restful Sunday everybody!

OH YEAH, THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR BEING HERE and Linda have a GREAT BIRTHDAY!