Where do I start? Detox?

• I want to start losing weight, is there any hard and fast rules that will help me to begin my weight loss journey?

Do I need to detoxify my body?

Please give me some direction.....

Thanks
  • I wouldn't suggest a detox. Most of the experts say a detox isn't necessary because the body does a good job at it naturally, and most detox diets or products can be dangerous. If you eat healthy foods for a few days, drink plenty of water, then your body will naturally detox itself.

Are you going to the meetings or doing WW online? You can get sample menus to follow and as long as you stick to them, you'll be guaranteed a good start
  • that's great advice suzanne's giving. good success to you and to all of us. i think most of us are doing a bit of re-commiting right about now.
  • exactly what Suzanne said. You will be SURPRISED how much energy and how good you will feel if you start eating well and drinking healthy fluids. Add some exercise and your energy level will pump. Good Luck!
  • I'm feeling like I have a new lease on life. For the past two years I had Obstructive Sleep Apnea and had been wearing a CPAP every night. Had my tonsils/uvula take out back in February 06 and just never tried sleeping without my CPAP until my ENT said why not, I told him I was scared so he said go have another sleep study, so I did and it turns out I went from 67 apneas an hour to 1-2!!! I NO LONGER SLEEP WITH A CPAP!! So I feel like God is giving me another chance or something.

I want to get even healthier now.

Best wishes to all of us!!!

Heidi