3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Thin for Life- Week of Oct 8th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/10077-thin-life-week-oct-8th.html)

lalala 10-08-2001 12:01 PM

Thin for Life- Week of Oct 8th

Good morning everyone. I hope you don't mind me starting this week's thread. :)

Wow, what a way to start a week, turn on the radio to hear our president discuss military sorties. It was enough to make me crawl back into bed.

However, I did manage to join other plant enthusiasts in a bulb purchasing frenzy and enjoyed the fall colors at our local arboretum. Good stuff getting out into nature. :)

Fall is definitely in the air here. We are no where near our first frost, but we are getting grey and gloomy for sure. The dog is not amused and wishes for us to book him a ticket to Berkeley, where the temperature is moderate and his figs are ripening.

So, this week is crazy for me, I am trying desperately to get a demo ready for a meeting in DC in two weeks and another project is sucking up my time. While my computer is crunching away, I guess i could multitask, eh?

Anyways, I am still trying for my goal of getting to where I was in December 2000 by Dec. 2001. I am not in the mood to try on my boot cut jeans quite yet. Exercise is on track and I am going to cut out 2 pts a day to see if this helps. Water is definitely a problem for me on the weekends.

Sorry for droning. Happy new week!

lala

LM 10-08-2001 01:29 PM

Hello another Monday...

I did a goodish bit of weeding and digging around this weekend. Tossing the vermicompost on the flower beds. It was satisfying. I haven't really done anything out there in quite some time. Some champion weeds too. And the leaves are beginning to turn pretty colors.

And it was really really cold yesterday. We were outdoors at a Harvest Festival (to hear Travis). I tell you only the truly devoted could stick it out. Brrrr. Also I guess with my relative lack of body fat (HAHAHAHA) I'm feeling the cold much more than I used to. I've become one of those ladies who always needs a little sweater. However, if I don't stop with the compulsive eating I'm not gonna need the little sweater!!

hey lala don't you call posting on 3fc while your work computer is thinking multi-tasking?? I do. And I think you are to be congratulated!!!

patch30 10-08-2001 07:44 PM

Hey guys - love hearing about all that healthy outdoorsy gardening. Someday.... when we actually bite the bullet (where DOES that expression come from?) I'll have a house I can garden in.

OK I did it! I lost 1.2 lbs and got back down to 132.0 Boy, that was tough. I really had been pretty upset with myself over gaining that weight back from 132.4 to 136.6.

Here's hoping that over October/November, I can lose a few more to have that grace poundage over the Holiday season. Not too much pressure, Huh? :^:

MelissaL 10-08-2001 08:09 PM

Lala: Thanks for getting the thread started!

Patch: Way to go!!!

The weekend here was cold & rainy and we even had a little bout with some hail and some white stuff, nothing stuck but it was certainly a prelude to what's coming down the pipe.

Today was actually a beautiful fall day--crisp and sunny. I took the day off and went dress shopping with my mom; I came back empty handed but she found a dress.

I did manage to get to my yoga class tonight and also got some walking in. The weekend wasn't pretty eating wise but being stuck in the house the nesting instinct was pretty strong.

Seasaw 10-09-2001 08:23 AM

Gidday everyone. Back after a four-day weekend. It will take more than the usual amount of coffee to get started today after another sleepless night due to blocked sinuses (sp?).

I took a vacation day on Friday so that we could take delivery of the new bedroom furniture. I'm really pleased with it, altho it will take time to adjust to the king bed. It is massive!! It's surprising how much upheaval it created in the house. We're pretty much squared away now.

The weekend was relaxing otherwise. DH left Saturday morning to visit his parents, returning Sunday evening. We had a nice Thanksgiving meal last nite, turkey with all the trimmings. And we'll be eating turkey for the next two to three weeks judging from the leftovers. Any and all turkey recipes would be much appreciated.

I went out for a long walk on Sunday afternoon - one of my longer running routes. To my absolute amazement, I ended up with two blisters - and my butt is still sore:o I thought running was supposed to be the tougher of the two, but I can tell you I'm never sore from running, and I never get blisters. Go figure!

WTG patch on getting back to 130. You're an inspiration.

melissa: Did you say snow??? Much, much too early to be talking about that. We were out in our bathing suits on the lake on Friday afternoon. Since then, tho, the temps have dipped significantly.

lala: What varieties of bulbs did you end up with? I was eyeing some perennials on the weekend but resisted; we're thinking of doing a major overhaul of the property and I don't want to buy anything until we have a plan of sorts.

laurel: I'm cold most of the time too - at least my hands and feet. I note that my well-padded middle is usually pretty warm :lol:

lalala 10-09-2001 03:44 PM

Hi all, v. quiet here today or is it me?

So, congrats to Patch and getting down to her goal again. I'm close behind you there and hoping to get to that weight by next week. :)

So, things here are still cranking away. I am still trying all these complicated computations that are eating the heart and brain of my workstations. Yikes. Can't really do anything else, so I'm thinking a mocha. :)

Melissa: Sorry you didn't find anything you liked. Are you buying a dress for an occasion or just for work?

Seesaw: turkey soup, turkey and rice, turkey tetrazini, turkey ala king, turkey cutlets, turkey sandwiches and turkey for the sake of turkey. How about that? We give away all our leftovers so I miss turkey leftovers. You can send some my way.

Congrats on the new bedroom furniture. I am so jealous. We have to still paint our living room area and then I will feel like the house is complete for now.

I have many different kinds of bulbs, however, I have a fondness in my heart for narcissus and am doing the front in only white ones. So, lots of thalia, poeticus recurvus and polar ice and little snowdrops, the same for a shady corner in the back that I see from the kitchen window. It has euphorbia and hellebores and the white narcissus look great in the early spring.

So, maybe too much info eh?

Laurel: Good going on getting cold. Maybe you should invest in a pashmina and liner for your coat. Its a tough business being slender. Hey, I'm going to mountainville, ny in a few weeks, any idea of what the temps will be like?

Where is that kt this week?

okay, gotta go deal with a crisis.

talk to youse laters,
lala

MelissaL 10-09-2001 04:02 PM

Hi everyone! :wave: My energy is really at a low today...probably from too much sugar in my system. Made the mistake of eating one too many petit fours. It's a gorgeous fall day here and I really would've liked to have gotten out over the lunch hour and done some walking...*sigh* but had a luncheon. Tomorrow is taken by my meeting...I'm feeling overwhelmed with things that need to be done at home & work. The new computer I've ordered is going to be delivered this weekend and I'm not even ready for it. I need to get some things cleared up. I had great plans to get a lot of housework done over the weekend and didn't one thing done.

Can I also add to this wonderful list of whiny items is that the crown I had put on in September is giving me some problems and I have a toothache! :( I have an appointment after work tonight to have it checked. Unfortunately my dentist is out of town for the week and one of his associates will take a look. Can I say how much I detest going to the dentist?

Enough moaning and groaning from me...

Lala: Every year I say I'm not going to plant more flowers but I usually end up finding some pretty spring bulbs that I just can't pass up. I love snowdrops and the mini daffodils...

Seasaw: Yep, some of the areas had some of those snow flurries. We had more of the pellets. It's supposed to warm up this week but then this time of year is so fickle weather-wise.

Catch everyone later!

patch30 10-09-2001 07:19 PM

Hey all.... thanks for the 'grats.

Seasaw Walking uses the feet way differently than running. When we go on our training runs we use Vaseline on our feet. I know this sounds gross, but it really works. I've done 5 marathons and loads of racewalk training in the past 4 years, and I've only gotten one blister to date, and that was - you guessed it - when I did not use the Vasiline. If you're up for any more walking, you might want to try it. And by the way. major congrats on the bedroom furniture.

There's that wonderful old WW recipie for Chicken n Biscuits that you could substitute turkey for. It is incredibly tasty. If you want, I actually saved it somewhere and could copy and email it to ya.

ooooo Melissa petite fours were one of my favorties! I'm drooling. Which reminds me... good luck with your dentist. I seriously hope he helps you with that crown.

I've been starving all day... the exercise I did yesterday seems to have jump started my metabolism today and I can't stop wanting food!.

MelissaL 10-10-2001 01:10 PM

Hi everyone! The dentist ground down the crown a little and also ground the tooth above so we'll see. He took an x-ray and it isn't showing anything. His thought was that a piece of food may have irritated the gum around the crown. Anyway, we'll see how this goes. I have another appointment on Monday to have it checked again.

I went to my meeting at noon and as expected I was up (1.2#). I'm still just under the top of my goal but it's the sea-sawing back and forth that's getting me frustrated. I do know it's my own doing though (not journaling, drinking all my water, BLT's, etc.). Anyway, I am forging ahead and will focus on each day rather than to look too far ahead.

Katie: I turned in the form re: receptionist. My leader was excited and so was the other receptionist that I know. We'll see how it goes...it's scary & exciting :)

It's a perfectly gorgeous day here today and I'm hoping to work a little walk in after work tonight. I do have a dinner that I am committed to go to but heck I'm sure I can squeeze in at least a 30 minute walk!

Happy Hump Day!

kt marie 10-10-2001 01:28 PM

Hello to all,
I'm back from my long weekend to visit family in the Twin Cities. We left on Friday night & returned on Tuesday afternoon. DD has swimming lessons on Tuesday nights & didn't want to miss a lesson - cost too much to miss. Had an enjoyable time - didn't do much - my oldest brother is a photographer, so he took some pictures in his home studio & also at an arboretum near his house - I'm hoping for a good pix or two for a Christmas card. My mom is getting her house resided (finally!) and we were able to see the start of that go up - it looks so wonderful - she is so excited - it's was so hard for us to get her to decide to do anything with regards to the house - my dad died about 1 1/2 years ago & between taking care of him before that, the house has been neglected.

Melissa - good for you on turning in your recept form - WW is always in need of leaders & receptionists - you will be a great example for others.

Seasaw - lucky you with your new bedroom furniture :) - I guess I will have to live vicariously through you since new bedroom furniture is a distant goal for us.

Patch - way to go, girl, on your 1.2 pound loss.

Well, I am hoping for a loss tonight. After my crappy weigh in last Wednesday, I did weigh myself on Friday morning before my WW meeting & guess what - back down to a reasonable weight of
141.4 - that dam*ed scale always messing with my mind. I am still counting 144.2 as my official weight from last week, but I figured it might be a little "blip". We'll see how tonight goes.

Later ladies,

lalala 10-10-2001 07:46 PM

Hey all, another glum day here staring at a churning computer and searching for the specs for a new one.

Today I have been an eating fiend. Don't know what is up, but its only 4:30 pm and i'm huuungry for dinner and only have 6 pts left.

Oh well, could be just greens and a bit of meat for me.

So, good luck kton your weigh-in. I'm going tomorrow am and hopefully will post somewhere in the negative range.

Hopefully.

Rough couple of days ahead, my dad goes in tomorrow for exploratory procedure to look at a cyst on his kidney. I'm sort of freaked out, though he seems not concerned in the slightest. My mom is also rather non-plussed, so maybe I'm reading more into it. Anyways, I'm sort of a wreck. DP is leaving town for the weekend leaving me with her visiting college chum, an obnoxious computer geek and his whacky lab puppy. I am not amused and neither is the cat or dog. So, I'll stop whining now. I'm going home now to make some carrot soup and vacuum.

lala

kt marie 10-11-2001 10:06 AM

Good morning!

Well, I posted a decent loss at the scale last night, so I am back down to 141.8 . Just seem to keep yo-yoing.

lala - hope all goes well with your dad's exploratory.

The sun is out today & it's supposed to hit 65 degrees today - perfect fall weather!

Later,

LM 10-11-2001 01:29 PM

Hi everyone. been so busy at work lately, haven't been reading/posting much (and then there's still the word whomp obsession after hours...) Our computer geeks here (the whole building with the exception of me and couple of others are of the computer nerd variety) wake up in the Fall and decide to use up there budget $$s which is where I come in.

lala let us know how it goes with Dad. That is pretty stressful. See also above re: compgeeks - you have my sympathies on that account too!

melissa that is exciting about your going on WW staff. I started as a humble weigher about a month ago and I enjoy it. but now it seems there are "mandatory" meetings occasionally that one has to attend on, like, Sunday??!! I don't think so. I'm not going. If they don't like it, I can live without the $10 a week too. But I like the weighing and giving "the people" encouragement.

Hello everyone else. I'm sorry I haven't caught up on reading the posts from the last zillion years!

lalala 10-11-2001 02:08 PM

Hi all.
Nicer day today all around. My mom called to say that my dad is okay. I am so relieved. He is such my hero and I couldn't imagine anything happening to him.

Congrats kt! Our meeting this am was about
plateaus and how to know you are on one and what to do about them. I figure I've been on one since last december, but with my yoyo of a good 4# I figure that I will be great at maintenance when I get to my goal. So, reframe that puppy and think. You can do this for life :).

I also lost another pound, thus bringing me one lb away from my 10% and 14 lbs from goal. So, I figure that if I up my exercise and not freak out on my travels in the next few weeks, I should be doing okay.

Melissa: good on ya for doing the receptionist training. I hope your mouth is doing okay today.

Laurel: I understand the budget thing. We have a new fiscal year and I am still trying to use money from last year to buy a new workstation.
I have reps calling me cold and giving me all sorts of quotes. Yikes, so many choices.

So, tonight DP and two friends and I are going to a very fay restaurant for dinner to support the windows of hope benefit for wtc victims (mostly in the food services). I have planned my day accordingly, and if I am super efficient can get another quick workout in before dinner.

oh- my dad just called. he sounds absolutely normal. i am sooo happy. :).

okay, gotta split.

lala

MelissaL 10-12-2001 08:32 AM

Lala: Glad to hear everything turned out okay with your dad! What a relief for you. I know how stressful it can be waiting to hear. Congrats on the loss! You'll reach your 10%. Keep your eating under control while your traveling, plan and journal and you'll be fine :)

Laurel: Glad to hear you're doing okay. Work has been crazy here as well.

It's a dreary & gloomy Friday here...raining but it's on the warm side so it's not all that bad. I managed to get quite a bit done at home last evening and feel good about it. My kitchen floor has been needing a good mopping and I had the motivation & energy and got it done, from there I gave my bedroom a good dusting & vacuuming and even took my summer clothes out the closet and packed them away. It was a good feeling and I feel less stressed about getting things done over the weekend. I do have tapes I need to get done and I'm planning on focusing on that. I'm getting a new computer and that should be delivered over the weekend. Woohoo!

Happy Friday everyone :)