Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey

Well, we have a group of great people who are posting what is going on in their lives and we are working together. Sometimes I feel like our group is kind of like a mini dose of a WW meeting on a daily basis. We're making it work and helping each other.
C'mon and join us and we'll help each other. We talk about what works and what doesn't work. We share recipes and we applaud and we sympathize!

We're here to help and enjoy with you!
Linda
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #2  

I did it! I completed the five day challenge! I get a reward, as I promised myself. I have to think about it. If I continue to do this challenge thing as my motivation to work out, regularly, I can't promise myself some kind of big and expensive reward each week, but this first week - I truly SHOULD do something for myself!
My reward, though, was to have a slight loss at my weigh in today. .4 off, better than nothing. Some people have huge losses, but for me it's something like .2 or .4 at a time. I'm really concerned about Thanksgiving weekend and putting some of my measly 5.6 pound loss back on.
I am psyched to continue this. I think I will re-start and try again for five days, but recognizing that it must be 5 out of 7 days in a week to meet this challenge - which I like as it truly MADE me do the exercise.
At any rate, it's good to be back exercising again.
Today was a bad food day, though, and this cannot continue with Thanksgiving weekend coming up.
Linda
Old 11-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Thanks Linda for starting the new thread. I agree, the old one was getting long.......but that is good!
Take the .4 loss with a big smile. The scale is a funny thing- and sometimes it takes a week or so for it to catch up to dietary and excercise changes.
Don't dispair! Don't give in or up! Congrats on making the challenge.

I loved the step class........fun music and lots of laughs.
The next 2 weeks promise to be difficult. All kinds of demands being made on me by work.....and of course Thanksgiving. Sneaking in a meeting Thursday and then Tuesday next week.
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 AM   #4  

Good morning all! For some reason I'm just feeling really excited to start the day. I have class tonight, but this morning I'm thinking about taking dds to Walmart to have some xmas pictures taken. I would really like to get one taken of the three of us for one of dh's xmas present. I think that's pretty good, considering that I'm usually a "camera avoider!"

So last night I put on my suck-em-in panty hose and put on that black dress. Man, it is SOOOOO close. It zipped up no prob, it's just a tiny bit snug on my hips. I started to do lunges and squats yesterday, so maybe that will help a little. I showed dh, though, and he was like WOW!!!!! However, I realized something. The dress fits great on the top (especially in the arms, which awhile ago when I tried it on it was really tight in the arms) so I'm wondering that when I lose enough for it to fit on the bottom, if it will be too big on the top? Hmmm, oh well...time will tell! At this point, I'm just so excited that it is so close to fitting!

In the previous thread I had posted about my classes for next semester; I think I figured it out...I think I've decided to do an online class (which I had really been avoiding) but I will only have one class on Monday that is during the day and one on Wed night, so I have NO EXCUSES not to get back to the Y. Especially since we are paying for it every month, AND since our insurance company gives us $ if we go a certain amount of times in a 6 month period.

Ginny-Good luck on the next few weeks. I know how you feel...the next few weeks for me are quite demanding as well. I have a HUGE project with an oral presentation due on Tuesday, and then another one due the following week. And yes, Thanksgiving...ugh...we're going to the Macy's Parade. Whooptiy doo. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Paige
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Morning

WOW Paige - you are getting there!!!! You will be in that dress for Christmas I just know it.

I'm still on the Daily planner from our meeting and struggling big time with the oils and milk. Somehow, some way I have to find a way to get them all in. I can hit either all my milk or all my oils but only 2 times this past week have I hit them both in the same day.

Again, I'm asking the question - should I use some of my flex points to get them in?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:15 AM   #6  

I just have to add...I am definately moving my WI day to Wednesday. From the last thread, I had pondered doing that because I feel like I'm sort of on a modified Wendie plan...I don't eat as much during the week (usually under pts) and the on the weekend I'm over pts. The Wendie plan says that you are supposed to WI at least 3 days after your high day, which for me is usually Sunday. Wellllllllllllll, I just weighed myself, and had to step on and off the scale about 15 times (literally) because I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm down 3 more lbs from yesterday (my normal WI day)! HUH?! WHAT?! NO WAY! I even used up all my pts yesterday. I think that some of it was from last week that didn't show up in the scales until Wednesday. Quite interesting.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Rose- if it were me I would not use extra points to get those oils and dairy in. Unless you are also gaining a food that you really want to splurge those points on.........hope I am making sense. And seriously, I get all my dairy in usually in the course of a day. The oil? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
I can ask at my meeting when I go Thursday or next week.

Got the 2.5 mile walk in this am........so much to do........better go.
Take care.
Ginny

Paige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats on the dress and Dh's great comment!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy for you.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #8  

Ginny - that's been my feeling too but I wasn't sure. I can ask at my meeting tomorrow
Old 11-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #9  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Drive by post for now! Still OP, did the Slim in Six video again today. Catch up later!!!!

Ipa
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #10  

Hi everyone! You guys are awesome!
Ginny, watch yourself with all those "demands" on you... that is the kind of thing that gets me in big trouble. I get busy and being on program goes right out the window!
Paige, THE dress is on and it fits!!!!! I know you'll do whatever it takes to wear it for this special event. I should get out one of my black dresses, which I seem to have a collection of, by the way, and see if I can crawl into one of them. I bought this awesome black wrap dress with glitter on it that has a very low neck that I have never dared to wear - the right occasion has never come up. I wonder if I could even get in it now? I'm really a prude and buying this dress was one of those whims. I thought I'd wear it once, and then never did. Maybe one night when both kids are out and we have dinner by ourselves, I'll be daring? ; )
Macy's parade for real, Paige? Wow, that is a mob scene for sure, but I hope you have a great time. We are eating out on Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to it. BUT, the big challenge will be the rest of the weekend. We're going to my MIL's on Saturday and Sunday of that weekend and I will have no control over the food, or how it's prepared. There will be alcohol as well as appetizers. I am really worrying.
Speaking of getting oils in, I take a huge Omega III fish oil capsule each day, I'm wondering if I can count that as one of my oils? Does anyone know for sure? I think it would be great as I am very bad at the oil thing and I am also very bad at journaling these last few days. I've started each day well enough, but ended the day rather dismally. I'm really worrying about losing control next week. I might try CORE starting tomorrow as I won't have to journal, other than Flex Points. It's so hard when you are wildly busy, racing in the car from one place to another, eating out and stressed. The things we are supposed to be doing, tracking and working on are somehow not getting done.
At least, on a positive note, I did my dance DVD just now after supper! I completed my 5 day challenge. It would have been quite easy to say, "well, I did it, now I can take a day off". But, I didn't and that felt amazingly good!
Tomorrow, my goal is to drink all my water for a change, have my oils for a change and really, really try to get back to basics as far as my food intake goes. No eating out! Planned meals and snacks!
Take care and have a great night!
Linda, re-starting with day 1, completed no. 1 challenge/exercise!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 AM   #11  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Speaking of dresses...when I got married last year, I had this dress I'd bought and expected to wear. And COULDN'T. I ended up last minute wearing a suit that still sort of fit me. Still ticked at myself about that.

When I get to the 5lb mini-goal after the one I'm working on, I'm gonna have a "re-match" with that dress. And find someplace to wear it!

Ipa
Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #12  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

Good Afternoon Ladies,
Hope you are all having a wonderful day

I have to tell you that WW is the best thing i could have done. See after losing down to 140 from 220 i started weight lifting and eating clean and my calories were WAY to low. I got down to 121 then my body revolted and i went up to 130. I couldn't lose the weight to save my life. It just hung on. Then i joined WW and discovered i needed to eat more. Something i was scared to do. I thought if i ate a carb or cheese i'd get fat. I have learned you have to eat to feed your body but you have to eat the right kinds of food from ALL the food groups. Sometimes when i tell people...family that i'm on WW they look at me funny and say you are so small why are you doing that..and i tell them for the wonderful friends and support i get here online and at my meeting...something i wasn't getting from them..
Thanks for listening...you all are great..

Vanessa
Old 11-17-2006, 05:23 AM   #13  

Darn! My thread notification wasn't working again, not sure why. I didn't know there were posts here.
Well, two things here to report.
First, I did CORE yesterday. I decided that it might be easier on me for the next week before Thanksgiving to try this as if I use barely any flex points, maybe I will do better on Thanksgiving? My leader was saying how CORE foods are really very good on Thanksgiving, which is true when you think about certain foods that are part of a normal T-day dinner.
I did NOT work out yesterday, it will have to suffice as my day off in my challenge for this week, I just didn't have a moment and that was true, I was even out the entire evening at a meeting at my daughter's school. I have to forgive myself for things like that and remember the reason why I started a challenge that consisted of some form of exercise for 5 out of 7 days a week is that I knew there would be days where it would be impossible. I plan on doing something this morning before I take my shower and start my day, though.
So, how are you all doing? Are all the sites and sounds of the holidays starting to "get" you all? I find myself with my mouth watering for certain foods that seem to only be around this time of year. I am going to have to be extra careful.
FF, SF chocolate pudding made with skim milk, a CORE food, saved my life last night!
Linda
Old 11-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #14  

Well, so I just spent the last three days pigging out. Ugh, what is wrong with me? Yesterday was the worst. Ugh. Now today I physically feel rotten. Bloated, heartburn, and just feeling the weight of all that food. I don't even know why I did it. I'm at the lowest weight that I've been at in 5 years; Wednesday morning I was so excited, and then I don't know what went wrong...I keep trying to get myself back on track, but it seems like it's getting worse instead of better. I always have such a hard time on the weekend, and today is Saturday...grreaaaat. At least tomorrow I am spending most of the day with a good friend who is also trying to lose weight; hopefully we can keep each other on track. I just don't get it, though...I'm so stinkin close to my xmas goal, why am I trying to ruin it? I know it's not worth it because after I overeat know I'm going to feel like this, but yet I still do it. Ugh...just having such a hard time shaking this one off.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #15  

Sorry it's getting so rough Paige. I was having a couple of weak days myself but my meeting leader really gave me the pick me up and helped me get back on track. I know that you don't go to meetings but go read my post in the Thanksgiving thread about figuring out your Thanksgiving day food. It was a huge eye opener for me.

Have you planned out your day and have good food that appeals to you? The weekend would be a good time to do that. Let us know if we can do anything for you
Closed Thread