BFL again (sorry)

• Hello,
    I have just bought the BFL book and the BFL for women , I've also checked out some of the past threads (I don't have the time to read them all).I would really like to give it a try but I'm not quite sure where to start as there is some differences between the two as regards amount of time spent on cardio etc also i've read in some of the posts that 20 mins isn't enough,i've also read arguments for and against cardio so now i'm not sure where to start.I only joined the gym 4 months ago and started using weights about 3 months.I was instructed to do 1 rep(8-12) of each and then go up a weight if i could do more than 13.After the weights i do 20mins on the rower and then 20mins on the cross- trainer (I do this 3 times week). I would like to go the gym every day Mon-Fri (especially as it costs me around $80 a month for membership ) but i don't know if this would be counter productive.

I really want to get this right.I've got along way to go but i feel so much better and stronger already.
    I know you guys have been through this all before but any advice would be greatly appreciated or if you could point me in the direction of specific posts that would be great too.
    Many thanks
  • Everybody is different so I can only tell you what works for me. I do some kind of cardio for 45 min. to an hour six days a week, staying in my target heartrate zone. I don't do the same cardio each day. I also lift weights five or six days a week for about 35 min. a day, 3 sets of 12 reps. I have three different programs developed by my personal trainer, and each program targets different muscle groups. I also do additional ab work and stretching, although I do that at home usually. It's a lot of time in the gym, but I don't work and have the time to spend. Often people are limited by the amount of time they can devote to exercise.

If your gym offers personal training, I'd suggest taking advantage of a session or two, particularly if it's free.

Good luck!
  • Sheila thanks for replying.
    I've decided to try and follow the 12 week challenge for women(Pamela Peeke) as it seems more do-able than the Bill Phillips book plus 20mins cardio doesn't seem like enough to shift the weight i need to. It's 12 weeks to our 10yr anniversary and we've manged to organise a trip away (alone for the first time ) so i've got plenty of motivation to go for it.