A few more ??

• I started BFL last Thursday so tomorrow would be my day off. However I would really like to work out on Wed. and Thurs. so that I can take Friday off for Shopping . My concern is that I did my lower body on Saturday and I am still pretty sore. Tomorrow would be the day I do it again. So my question is.. If I am still sore tomorrow would it be okay to workout anyway??

Also can someone please look over what I am eating and give me an opinion on whether this is okay with BFL ( i have been on South Beach for 4 months and would like to stick to it as much as possible).

This is yesterday

7:30 muffin (homemade SB friendly)
    low fat string cheese
    v8

10:000 BFL Bar

12:45 chicken (size of palm)
    zucchini cooked in 1 tbls. olive oil
    english muffin with ICBINB spray

3:00 myoplex shake blended with 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 non fat milk

5:30 chicken (size of palm)
    whole wheat roll with fat free cream cheese
    banana squash

7:15 2 tbls. all natural peanut butter and no sugar added fudge pop

Thanks - Lisa
  • I will come back later and give my 2 cents....
  • Quote:
    7:30 muffin (homemade SB friendly)
    low fat string cheese
    v8
    The muffin is too processed have some oatmeal instead... the string cheese, if I remember correctly doesn't have much protein in it, I have eggwhites every morning....

Quote:
    10:000 BFL Bar
    Keep away from the bars, I have cottage cheese and strawberries instead...

Quote:
    12:45 chicken (size of palm)
    zucchini cooked in 1 tbls. olive oil
    english muffin with ICBINB spray
    Not enough vegetables, have brown rice rice instead of a muffin, even half a cup of white rice is better than an english muffin...

Quote:
    3:00 myoplex shake blended with 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 non fat milk
    This is good!

Quote:
    5:30 chicken (size of palm)
    whole wheat roll with fat free cream cheese
    banana squash
    Again have MORE veggies and rice or a sweet potato

Quote:
    7:15 2 tbls. all natural peanut butter and no sugar added fudge pop
    The PB is OK but is not really a protein like everyone thinks, it's more of a fat although a good one... the fudge pop, well, it's junk really, has no nutritional value whatsoever... Some cottage cheese would be a better choice with some fruits...

Try to aim for 125-150g of protein/day if you can... that's very difficult at the best of times... Check out my fitday in my siggie I've had some pretty good clean days in the last couple of day... Although I had some mini crackers that I shouldn't have had , but hey I'm not perfect what can I say
  • Thanks Ilene just a few more.

You thinks the muffins are to processed even though I make them with ww flour? I also use pumpkin in them.

I am getting up at 5:20 every morning just to be able to get my excercise in, get the baby to day care and the older two to school so that I can get to work. Is there any other solution to the protein in the morning besides egg whites? I am really not trying to be difficult I promise and I will do what I need to I am just wondering.

The english muffins are whole wheat. Are they still off limits?

I eat 2 cups of veggies in the afternoon and evening as well as the V8 in the morning. I still need more?

As far as the fudge pop goes okay I'll give it up.

I want to thank you so much for your help. Like I said I am not trying to be difficult just trying to find foods that will fit into my life, for the rest of my life .

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
  • Momx3 - try hard boiling some eggs. You can just grab them and go. If you don't want the yolks (they have the fat in eggs), cut the egg in half and pop them out. They're great for your dog!
  • Great idea Pat on the boiled eggwhites, I love them too... As I think back when I started eating eggwhites I litteraly HATED them! Now they're a staple, go figure...

MomX3 -- Boy, you're a busy lady, I know you're not being difficult... You're have a hectic schedule and you need some hints and guidance, ask ALL the questions you want...

This may sound weird but have leftover chicken breasts in the morning with your muffin may be good(*sigh* I guess you can have your home made muffins if they are absolutely healthy and you know what's in them , but you must give me the recipe ) ...

I have a protein pancake recipe I will share that almost everyone I give it to loves, you can make a bunch ahead of time, roll them up they eat very well on the run... 1/3c each of cottage cheese, oatmeal, eggwhites add Splenda and vanilla to taste, blend till smooth cook like a regular pancake... This makes 1 large thin pancake to roll up, wrap and go...

The whole wheat english muffins are ok but they are processed. What I like about unprocessed stuff like brown rice or potatoes yams or white is that they stay with me longer than an english muffin would... But in the BFL book they do say whole wheat bread is ok. Check your ingredients to make sure what the first ingredient actually does say that it's made with whole wheat flour, try to choose breads and such that don't have glucose, fructose or any "ose" name in because anything ending with "ose" is sugar... Extremely difficult to find breads without sugar...
  • Ilene. Bread is the absolute hardest thing for me to give up! I look for the densest stuff I can find, though. I have printed off the recipes for Mel's protein muffins and Meg's bars, and plan to make them on this long weekend. When I was at my meeting last month, I knew from experience that the hotel provided very little good for breakfast. Took my own turkey and lf cheese for breakfast, and ate their fruit! The pastries didn't even tempt me! Their lunches were waaay better nutritionally speaking.
  • Hi,
    Another suggestion from follower of Ilene's pancakes - I like everything fresh and I also have 3 kids and full time job. I can not possibly imagine to eat something on the run, as for me eating is a rewarding part of life - I have to sit down instead of gobbling it all in haste! Anyways, i tried Ilene's pancakes and I liked the taste however I did not like to blend everything in the morning waking the whole house up and I usually do not have time in the evening to prepare... So I do not blend them. I just mix 1/3 cup of oats, 1/3 cup of cottage cheese and 1/3 cup of egg whites and add a pinch of vanilla in a bowl with the spoon and pour the whole mix onto frying pan covered with PAM. It looks gross but it is crunchy and fresh and warm and gives me this great start of the day! My hubby likes it too as I leave half for him and he just warms it up in the same frying pan. And now the killer - I hate oatmeal, I hate oats but I LOVE ILENE"S PANCAKES!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!! It takes about 3 - 5 min to make them LOVE THEM Oats become crunchy, egg whites hold it all together and cottage cheese becomes slimy and you can pull it and - o' it is a dream!!!

Sandy.
  • Sandy I will have to try the pancakes that way some time, at times I am lazy in the mornings too ...
  • Thanks for all the help ladies!! I am going to start with all of these suggestions on Monday.

WaterRat - I can't believe that I did'nt think about hard boiling the eggs. I have a rottweiler and he will LOVE the yolks.

Ilene - The muffins I make are from the recipes on this site under the south beach posts. They are called 7 different way muffins or something like that. Anyway I put pumpkin instead of yogurt in them sometimes for something different. All they have in them is ww flour, splenda, baking powder, baking soda, yogurt (or pumpkin), nf milk, canola oil and walnuts. Does that all sound alright??

I will be trying the pancakes for sure!!

I got brown rice, lots of eggs, cottage cheese and sweet potatoes to add to the things I already eat.