Posted yesterday, but wanted to make a formal intro

• Hi Everyone--

I just joined here yesterday, and I was too busy playing with all the new toys to make a formal introduction, so here it is today:

I'm Erin. I'm 31, I live in Oklahoma City with my partner, our son, age 8, and a small zoo (6 cats and 3 dogs). I also have two daughters, ages 13 and 11, who live in Kansas City (my hometown) with my parents.

My partner and I decided at the beginning of this year that it was time to take off all our extra weight. She being a nurse, and I working in a gym, we thought it would be pretty hypocritical to preach messages of health and strength while living like we had been. Thus began the infatuation with weight training. It grew much more quickly for my girl than it did for me...she's always been fascinated with weight lifting, I was, by nature, more of a cardio girl. But now, I enjoy it almost as much as she does.

So that's what brings me here. I would love to get to know everyone. Drop me a line! It's good to meet y'all.
  • Hi Erin Glad to have you here! Come on and join us on the weekly chat thread. What do you do working in a gym?

Mel
  • Welcome, Erin
  • Hi y'all--

What a nice welcome! To answer your question, I'm the administrative assistant. I mainly process membership papers and payments. When I'm feeling a little more physically confident, I might try to become a floor trainer.