Vitamins and supplements

• Okay, I have a lot of information about varied multivitamins and supplements and I'm not sure I believe most of it.

The one and only thing I believe for SURE is that I need to be taking a multi (and I try!) with-at-least-400mg-of-folic-acid, according to my gyno, and *I* should probably be getting a good source of calcium because I am on Depo and new studies show a link between Depo and decreased bone density. So.

My question is (and please move it if this is the wrong place, but I figured if anybody would know, the lifters would!) what is a good brand of multi and what, if any, other supplements do you gals take and why?

I was taking my One-A-Day and as long as nobody says it causes seizures or something I'll be quite happy to continue it. It's hard for me to remember to take it so I would really struggle with those 3x day multis.

But I would really appreciate suggestions of the most absorpable (is that a word?!?) or "best" multi to take!
  • I think what you need to take really depends on how you eat and exercise, your age, and who you believe. There have been all sorts of studies on the absorbability of various brands of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium. Do a google search, I don't remember where I read them. I eat a fairly low fat diet, so I take Omega 3-6 and 9 fatty acid supplements, glutamine for muscle soreness, glocosamine for my aged joints, as well as calcium and a multi. I generally buy mine from The Vitamin Shoppe, but look at whatever info you can find and try to buy "pharmaceutical grade" products. That generally means that if the label says there are x milligrams in it, there really are.

Mel