3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   LWL #153: Week of May 9-15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/40416-lwl-153-week-may-9-15-a.html)

BfL_Cat 05-11-2004 11:00 AM

Good morning LWL!

Thanks for the advice Meg and Mel - saw our site doctor today and he says that although my bicep tendon seems to be a bit tender, the shoulder pain appears to just be muscular - my range of motion is good and nothing that would indicate tendon or ligament damage. He's suggested a couple weeks of rest, and then resuming workouts with much lower weights than before, and not working to failure for a while.

I don't do barbell bench presses - I do use dumbbells and try to make sure my shoulder blades are tucked in so as to minimize shoulder participation. I'll be careful doing chest on Friday and will stop if I feel anything in that shoulder. Not fun, but I don't want to hurt myself any further.

Tiki - congrats on hitting those weights!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
Cindy

Sandi 05-11-2004 01:08 PM

Hi there!! Anyone remember me???

I fell off the exercise wagon (and the food wagon) many weeks ago. I am trying to get back to business. I am finding that even though the food is going Ok (I can do better) , but I am making 101 excuses not to get back to the exercise. Yes, life is crazy right now - but you make time for what is important to you.

I decided to pop back in here because you guys always inspire me to get off my duff!!!!!!

Just wanted to say Hi!!!!!

Ilene 05-11-2004 03:27 PM

Sandi :wave: Of course I remember you! Now get off the "duff" and git back in here and the gym!! K? :grouphug:

Ilene 05-11-2004 09:08 PM

Good evening girls! :wave:

Today I:

- Did Legs :strong:
- Biked 12K
- Walked 1 hour delivering flyers
- Ate 99% clean... ( had 10 potato chips ...)
- Biked another 10k with DH
- Mowed my mother's small lawn...

Needless to say I'm tired but .... I Feeeeel Good!

Tiki -- Nice to see you back on the wagon and congrats on the new squating numbers :strong:...

Cindy -- Glad to see you didn't injure your shoulder too badly... I'm very lucky that I have never been injured doing weights but I did take an aweful fall roller blading once... OMG my leg was navy blue for a while, but three weeks later I was doing aerobics, I'm a succer for punishment! Take care...

Well I'm off to lurk a bit then to bed :yawn:...

diphthong 05-11-2004 10:42 PM

Hello LWL!

Sorry for being MIA but Spring Things got a hold of me and I had to seriously cut back on my computer time to get things done. I've also been away to the lake a few times, the last being for 5 days mostly alone, and just got back again last night. I've missed you all, and even though absent, I *talked* to you in my head more times than I care to admit. :crazy: :dizzy: :crazy:

Although it has nothing to do with my absence from 3FC or LWL, I haven't exercised for about 3 weeks now - yes, that's right! I did cardio this morning, but I just needed a break, afterall, I had been at it for a year. But I have been very good about food and have maintained at 175. My muscles have turned to white bread, but starting tomorow, I'm getting back to weight lifting. I don't *feel* as athletic or able to carry myself as well, so I have learned a lesson indeed! I may have to go back to the gym to use the leg press and give up squats. (Jack, don't read this part:) Seems I have developed a hemorrhoid which scared the bejesus out of me because I didn't know what was happening. And the doctor thinks it may be from the strain of the squats and treadmill lunges, and suggested I stop doing them for awhile and see what happens. Well, it did get better since I've been on break. But I'm going to do some treadmill lunges tomorrow, and then squats on Friday and see what happens. If it flares up again, then I'll know for sure. Always somethin', huh?

Cindy - Sorry to hear about your injury, bud. Maybe it's your turn to go on break a bit.

Hi Ilene my jelly bean Queen! ;)

Meg, Mel - :devil: :devil: :eek:

IN Robin - great post on the first page. I love the idea of "the Best of LWL."

Hello Jack, Greekgirl and all!

Jack, I was listening to some old Springsteen this past weekend. I also like Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.

Tiki, oh light of my life - how you doing? Sounds better than the last time I posted at the Confessional. See you upstairs at Dr. Phil, OK?

Karen - I'm caught up on Deadwood and Sopranos. I think Tony's on the verge of flipping out. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day with your *boy.*

Sandi - I was thinking about you this morning, and boom, there you are tonight! The important thing is that you're back, and willing to pick up where you left off. I'd still like to meet you some day just to talk, one on one, heart to heart.

POOKIE! Glad you're still hangin' in, girlfriend. By now I think you must be past hamster status, no?

Well, it's good to be home, both here and in my house. I have bonded and fallen in love with the new boat for many reasons. It's like having an efficiency apartment on the water, and a place to get away to when needed. I left last Wednesday along with one of my dogs, Dan the cat humper, and DH came down Friday night with Fox E. Feller. Sailing Saturday and Sunday was awesome, and it was still early enough in the season that the loud and obnoxious power boats were few. With the price of gas I was happy our fuel was free - driving the 2nd vehicle though was pricey. I think DH and I will be looking for a lighter truck because we don't need the big lug he's got now to tow a boat trailer. We'll be home until the end of the month when we go down for vacation, and a trip down the Tennessee River, just to see how far we can get, and anchoring out in bays at night. I can't wait, even though we did the same thing last year, same time frame, for vacation. But there are some changes this year - a smaller me and a bigger boat. Was it all worth it? You bet your as* it was, and by this time next year we may not have another larger boat, but I will be smaller yet. In all honesty, a year ago I didn't think I could do it, but I did, and the rewards are beyond what I ever thought possible. Life is good.

I better get to bed as Fox has to be at the Vet at 7:30AM for a dental cleaning.

See you all tomorrow!

Big Cyber Hugs,

dip

Jennifer 3FC 05-12-2004 12:05 AM

Hello Ladies! I am looking for opinions on the BFFM program. I am really enjoying Tom Venuto's site, and am most likely going to buy the ebook. I read some earlier posts and saw some positive things on the program, but not specifically on the ebook. Do you think the book is helpful, for those of you that have read it?

I'm doing well on BFL/EFL. It's coming slow, but I've been plateaued for so long, slow is still a thrill. I'll be off work for a couple of weeks soon while I recover from surgery for my ovaries, so I'll have time to read!

POOKIE88 05-12-2004 02:16 AM

Jennifer we will be sending good thoughts your way when you go in for surgery.

Hey DIP I am glad you are so busy with so many interesting things going on. I think I will be a lifelong hamster. But that's OK with me.

Oh WAIT just one more thing before I go. I received my box from Barnes and Noble and it contains the Eating for Life book and the Body for Life CD. "Change Your Mind--Change Your Body--Change Your Life" Can't Wait!

Wondering back to my home forum.... :kickcan:

Meg 05-12-2004 05:43 AM

O Happy Day!

Sandi's back! :dance:

Dip's back! :dance:

More later -- I'm working on my Second Anniversary post for the Maintainers Forum. Woo hoo!

BfL_Cat 05-12-2004 06:36 AM

Happy 2nd Anniversary Meg! :cp: :balloons:

diphthong 05-12-2004 06:51 AM

Happy Anniversary, Meg!

Can't wait to read that post! :coffee:

Jennifer - I like Venuto for his enthusiasm and consistent flow of news and new ideas. I need to dig out my book and do some reading too, so maybe once you get yours, we can start a BFFM thread?

Good Morning LWL! I'll be back later today. Have a safe and healthy one!

dip

Ilene 05-12-2004 07:08 AM

DIP!!! :wave: Welcome Back! :grouphug: I've missed you tremendously...

Gotta go running late already!! TTFN

tikanique 05-12-2004 08:59 AM

OMIGOSH It's DIPSTER!!!!!!!

I just scanned through but didn't get a chance to read anything. The crazy BOD meeting is here today and tomorrow so yes, plenty of sugar sharks are laying around. I will NOT bite, I will NOT bite.

Will post more and finish reading when they go in their room and shut the door.

Happy Anniversary Meg!!!!

Peace. Tiki.

wcolleen 05-12-2004 11:06 AM

Congrats on the anniversary, Meg - very thought provoking post in the Maintainers Thread!

BfL_Cat 05-12-2004 11:49 AM

Good morning LWL!

I have exciting news to share - had my body fat measured this morning, and I'm down to 27%!!! Yippee!!!! :cp:

This is the lowest I've seen it, and she said that she could really tell a difference while measuring me - that as women get leaner it feels different to her when she's measuring!

I'd been bouncing around the 29-31% range for a while - the last time I was measured was the end of February.

Ok - I'll stop gushing now!

Welcome back Dip - we've missed you! Glad to hear you've bonded with your boat! Now you need to get yourself a laptop with that Centrino technology so you can keep up with us when you're out on the boat! Wouldn't that be cool?!?!

Well, I'm off for the rest of the day - have a doctors appt and getting my hair highlighted. Golf tonight as well - busy day!

Catch up with you all later!
Cindy