Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #151  
JEC
Aussie and proud

I think that those exercise endorphins are going to your head Dip!

JC
Old 01-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #152  

It's Sunday night - I can waste space. Me too, JC!

Old 01-18-2004, 11:12 PM   #153  
Uber-Moderator!!

Sunday evening here!

Went to visit Dakota late this morning...the weather is SO nice. Tomorrow is my first day 'back in the saddle' (eek! hope he got his ya-ya's out today romping in his pen...) Not to mention back lifting weights. (I'm staying away from doing crunches, though, until after I see my PS on Friday).

I'm OFFICIALLY back in The Valley Of The Fours now but I'm going to work on getting them to hang on me! Shouldn't be too difficult. I find I'm satisfied with a lot less food these days. That might change starting tomorrow though - weight lifting and all might give me a heartier appetite. We'll see...

Ilene - I have an MP3 player (a Rio) that I purchased over a year ago and I love it - I'd never go back to my Discman - it weighs practically nothing, holds over an hour's worth of songs which I can change quite easily from my PC. (I've ripped most of our CD's to my hard drive - this week I have a rather eclectic selection on my Rio - Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Chicago, Zeppelin, and Tool - talk about a mix!) My niece has one of those iPods and it's way cool - but also way expensive - but like all technology this stuff is really going down in cost!

Well I broke down yesterday and bought the Eating for Life book...this evening I made "Mom's Chicken Enchiladas". Haven't eaten them yet but they look wonderful (I changed the recipe a bit by adding green salsa to the chicken mixture along with putting the olive slices IN the chicken mix rather than using them as a garnish). Jim's in his studio right now, as soon as he's done (might be awhile) and if he's hungry, we'll eat. I see there's some pretty interesting soup recipes and the photos are very yummy looking! My sister is a cookbook maniac - I'll have to bring this over to show her (she's MUCH more of a housefrau than I am...enjoys preparing stuff like Osso Bucco that requires a lot of preparation).

This has really been a "Clean Sweep" weekend for me - after I got back from the stables, I went through my overloaded bookcase and got rid of a ton of old paperbacks that I haven't read in 10 or 20 years...I've had books piled up in stacks around the house because of nowhere to put them. After I got rid of the oldies - I had enough room to put the 'keepers'. My baby sis would be amazed!

Oops - just looked at the clock at the same time Chalupa Boy jumped on my shoulders - it's after 8:00 and time to feed the critters! AND got to plan my split for this week...later y'all!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #154  

Hi LWL,

Dip - I'm happy to report the halo is not only gleaming but perfectly level as well! (Canadian bacon? Mmmm.. )This is my first perfectly clean day and I can't believe how full I feel.

Elasky - welcome to the home for the gravitationally challenged. It sure is a fun little group.

Nice to see everyone in such a good mood.

I need to pick the communal brain for some unbiased info. I've been looking at protein powders to beef up (pardon the pun) my intake. What is the best one to use: a soy protein or an animal source protein? Or doesn't it matter?

By the way, please keep talking about snow & ice etc, because its 35degC here and so humid the walls are going mouldy. You people are the only cool people I know at the moment!

Time for bed here in the land of Oz
Love, Dove
Closed Thread