Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:59 PM   #31  
Searching

Default Lots of stuff in here!

Lanaii- I love the quote on the first page!!!!!

Glad to see everyone doing so well. Welcome Anita!

Mrs. Jim- may your family be safe.

I feel pretty lame here since I can't lift anything. But I want you all to know I haven't given up. So far I have excercised every single day. A personal trainer gave me a schedule for toning LB without weights. I do squats, leg curls, calf raises, and leg extensions with a chair. Torso twists and bends, as well as alot of lower ab work every other day. But the amount of cardio has gone way up Did I ever mention I hate cardio. Long walks, stationary bike, and treadmill something daily for 30 min- 1 hour.

On I am my 3rd day of NO refined sugar or flour. I am a little nuts, but I don't think anyone notices

I can't wait to get my arm out of this sling, get my butt into PT, and get it straightend. Next time you casually sling your hair into a ponytail (Tidey I am thinking of you) be thankful.

Where is Meg?

Halloween the plan is to go to an OA meeting and avoid food/candy laden activities. I will dress up (what other day do I have the excuse to be the Chris on the outside, that I am on the inside!)

Be well, be safe, and be healthy!
Chris
Old 10-30-2003, 07:01 AM   #32  
Ilene the Bean

Good morning Girls!!

Miss Chris -- Good for you for sticking to your eating program even though you've had a set back... I'm with you on the cardio, I am NOT the of cardio!! Yuck!!

DIP-- CONGRATS!!! I too, am extremely happy for your milestone... You girl are gonna have one HAPPY HAPPY Hubby tonite!! We have a double tub too ... gotta love that!! AND you did the LWL salute at the EEEEEKKKKLAIRS!!! Good for YOU!!

MEGGG!!! Where are you girl??

Karen -- Hope all is well in your neck of the worl?

Chelly -- Welcome Back!!

Kanola -- Welcome Back also...

BFL-Cat --- Where are you??

Tidey -- I'm going to try that recipe, it sounds really good I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 10-30-2003, 07:54 AM   #33  
Mel

Default Thursday

Good morning LWL! I am tossing Tom Venuto out the window today. He makes so much sense on paper, but after two weeks of upping my carbs to where he suggests, I am a total mess. I've known for years that I can't eat starchy carbs, I don't know why I thought it would have changed. Even oatmeal gives me unbearable cravings and bloats me up. So it's back to what works for me. Just foes to show that even what sounds like the ultimate sensible plan isn't for everyone. It was nice to be able to lift about a ton more than usual, my even my eyelids are bloated and after 2 weeks, I've outgrown my clothes.

DIP: CONGRATULATIONS!

Chelly: Nice to see you back and here you are on track. Have fun in costume.

Ro: Good for you to keep up the exercise. I think a lot of peeps would use that as a good excuse not to go.
And congrats on flour and sugar free. I have to get back there, too. I did it for 2 years straight, I know I can do it again.

Morning Ilene; good night, Kanola.

Meg is dealing with a family problem right now- I'm sure she'll be back with us soon.

mel
Old 10-30-2003, 07:59 AM   #34  

G'Morning Ladies!

Yep, I'm going to try Tidey's recipe today too. DH brought in a bunch of potatoes last night, and I'm going to make a batch to take dow to the boat with us. I probably should make a double or triple batch!

Chris - Bless your heart for sticking with your program and seeking alternatives while you're temporarily out of commission. I can only hope to have the same fortitude should I get injured. Your persistence in this situation is now filed in my conscious in the event of.

Thanks for the congrats, but I don't know what I'm feeling. Kind of weird - not feeling much of anything about it except the desire to keep going. I never thought I'd get this far when I started, so now it's a matter of testing how far I can take it now that I know it's possible. I still have alot of fat in the belly and butt and a new pantsometer to measure it by. I find the pantsometer idea a much better incentive than a tape measure. Anyway, maybe I'll be a little more giddy when the black keather jacket reward gets here.

Ilene - we both dozed off in the tub. LOL. Tough to get old! We had to laugh though that we didn't take up as much of it as we used to. That was fun. We hadn't been in it since Valentine's Day.

Well, got to get the cardio out of the way. It's hard for me to start some days, but once I get going, I'm OK. I just keep telling myself, "Without this, you might as well not do anything."

Still thinking about EEEEK-clairs, and trying to remember where to find the best. Aw, the power of suggestion!

Have a great day - check back later. Hope Meg returns soon.

Edited for - Mel, we were posting at the same time. Oatmeal does the same to me, and I only have it once or twice a week now, and not for breakfast because of the cravings it induces. Thanks for letting us know about Meg. Thoughts and prayers for whatever the situation.

dip the lesser

Last edited by diphthong; 10-30-2003 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 AM   #35  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Dip - congratulations!!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:37 AM   #36  

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY DIP!!!

Ive got a batch of that perogie casserole in the oven as I type this hehe 10 servings!

Ive never eaten an eclair, and I guess thats a good thing eheh. There are enough yummy foods here in Sweden without me thinking about the good ol food from home...

Would you believe that MacDonalds here just brought out a heathyier chicken sandwich? It comes with fried bacon/cheese bites *rolls eyes* are people nuts?

AAAANyway I have a ton of laundry waiting for me *sigh*

Miss Chris, I just had to tell you that your dedication does you credit! I would probably just sit on the stationary bike and leave it at that. heh

Tidey
Old 10-30-2003, 09:10 AM   #37  

Good morning ladies!!!

Dip--Congratulations!! That is soooo awesome. I can not wait until I get under 200#s. I am currrently at 218 so I have a little ways to go. My goal is to be under 200#s by December 31st. Happy New Years to myself.

I went to the gym with hubby and did a fabulous upper body workout. Today I am sooooo sore, both lower and upper body. Tonight is cardio night and it is going to be really hard doing the HIIT. But I am on a mission. I am ready to take back my life, one day at a time.

Eating has been really simple. Since I am coming off of Atkins, it is pretty easy to continue cutting out refined carbs. I do have the Atkins bread, which is extremely high in fiber (3g per slice) and low in sugar. Not the tastiest bread though. My favorite treat has been the fat free plain yogurt with nuts and a little ofsplenda. YUMMMM!

I will be passing out Halloween candy, but I am not willing to let anything derail me. Any leftovers will be brought to work.

I am really excited to be a part of this group.

Anita
Old 10-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #38  
Lovin' Zumba!

Congratulations Dip! I'm so excited for you!

Ilene - I'm around, but super busy at work, and having to entertain work visitors in the evening - fun, fun. The bad part is that I've been eating dinner out for pretty much the last 4 weeks! I try to make good choices, but that bread basket gets me every time! Last night was sushi though - a perfectly clean meal that was just wonderful. So, there are some perks that come with doing this!

As my b-day is coming up this weekend, I've decided to keep as clean as I can though it, without beating myself up about it, then will buckle down again on Monday.
Cindy
Old 10-30-2003, 03:11 PM   #39  
Searching

Wink Looks like we are still missing a few

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dip weigh to go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy-eating out can be awful. I am avoiding restraunts, grocery stores, gas stations, and any other place that has food to get off sugar. It seems I always have to be a bit extreme to get the job done. But I think you can do great this weekend. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! To another year of getting more wise and beautiful.

Tidey- I have found on the stationary bike that start pushing the pedals and concentrate on the TV as hard as possible makes me almost forget that it could be substituted as a torture device

Mel- I think thats the way it is with most information. We get as much as we can, test it, take whats good for us, and throw the rest out. I have read the most successful bodybuilders eventually have a program that mostly them.

All of us are just so awesome! Have a great day!!!!!!!!
Chris
Old 10-30-2003, 03:42 PM   #40  

The only machine I could call a torture decvice is the crunch chair *blaaaaaaaaaaa*

Ive never seen these in Canada but here is a pic:

http://www.megafitness.com/ab-crunch...runch+machines

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!

Tidey
Old 10-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #41  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Way to go Dip!

JC
Old 10-30-2003, 09:17 PM   #42  
Ilene the Bean

Tidey -- We have one of those at our gym... I don't get a good workout on it at all...dunno why... Lately I've been doing the hanging leg raises, grab on to a pole above my head and lift my knees to my waist, that's an awesome ab workout...

Cindy -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!

I've had a good day and I'm tired, later all...
Old 10-30-2003, 09:50 PM   #43  

Go Dip and Chelly Bella! I am so impressed with your progress!
Old 10-31-2003, 06:21 AM   #44  

JC! so happy to see you back with us! We've missed you!

Cindy - I won't be around again until Tuesday, so let me say it now - Happy Birthday!! This will be the 'decade of Cindy,' and I swear you will cherish every minute of it!

Tidey - that machine looks like one I just saw advertised on TV by the Body by Jake people. I looked at it as a possibility to add to my dungeon, but changed my mind. We have an ab resistence machine at my gym, and even when I do 5 sets of 15 at 85#, I don't feel it like I do when I do good ol' floor crunches. So why put out the $$?

Anita - So happy you joined us and can't wait to hear about your progress. I get tickled to hear about other LWL's *hurts.*

Everybody, thanks so much for all your praise and congrats - it really means alot. According to Fitday, since I started using it in July at 228, I've lost 1.67 pounds a week. Each week I was striving for a 2# loss, but I'm glad that it's been slow. The biggest fear I had consciously about losing weight was the excess skin thing, vain old broad that I am. I wasn't so much worried about the butt, belly and thighs as I was my upper arms. I'm happy to report that my arms did look pretty bad up until about a week ago when I noticed a positive change in the skin on the underside. It does seem to be going back. It's too soon to tell what the other areas of skin are going to do, but those areas seem to be holding their own too. Believe it or not, I'm happier about that than I am being half way to my goal weight or hitting "onederland" as I've seen it called here. Little Victories, girls, Little Victories.

The black leather jacket, actually it's a pea coat style, isn't here yet but was shipped Tuesday. Yesterday, *two* FedEx trucks pulled into the lane at different times. And of course went to one neighbor's house (no, no! wrong house, I'm over here), and then the other neighbor's house. There are 4 of us that share the lane. How dare they order something at the same time I'm waiting for something so important!

Well, I totally blew off yesterday in my household duties, so I really have to move butt today to get ready to go down to the lake. Temps in the high 70's, great winds predicted, a teddy angel of a DH - I couldn't ask for more. Check back later or I'll *see* you Tuesday.

Hi! to everyone and have a great weekend!

dip the lesser
Old 10-31-2003, 06:39 AM   #45  
Meg

Hey friends -- I'm back and wanted to pop in and say hi, though I haven't had time to do any reading yet. Life can change in an instant, you know? On Tuesday morning, I took DS, age 17, to the pediatrician because he wasn't feeling well and was very thirsty and we ended up being sent to the ER. David has diabetes. We just got home from the hospital last night and now we have to start figuring out how to live with the disease.

This is a heavy burden for a teenager. Fortunately, I'm still numb, which allows me to function at this point. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, please!

I'll try to read when I can and get back to posting. I miss you all!

Meg
Closed Thread