Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 04:37 PM   #16  

Ilene - I have new clothes in my closet that I haven't even worn yet that I bought on sale last year. I am in the process of sorting what I can get by with for now from the too bigs I'll never wear again. I have career clothes that I'll never wear again so I'm going to call the consignment shop and try to raise some money to buy "in-betweeners" for now. I will definitely need a new winter coat, sweaters, pants and sweatshirts for sailing. My closet is going from over-stuffed to bare. Tough problem, huh?

I have bought a few things, but no point in going nuts with another 60 pounds to lose.

Now I have to go try and find some older photos because DH is coming home with the digital camera tonight!

dip
Old 09-15-2003, 06:08 PM   #17  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey Dip - it may be a nice problem but it's expensive to replace your wardrobe!

32% sounds a bit more accurate - glad that you are happy with it. I go for clothes sizes myself instead of getting my bodyfat measured but that's only because I am not with a gym at all.

JC
Old 09-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #18  
Meg

Default Clothes

Looking forward to seeing your photos, Dip!

About clothes — it took me about 30 pounds to go down one size (probably because I was really squeezing into my 20’s and 22’s but refused to buy anything larger ) After I took all but one outfit (the pink T-shirt and black pants in the photo album) to the consignment store or Goodwill, my closet was so bare that it echoed! I had — literally — two pairs of pants and one skirt that fit, no dresses. But I refused to buy anything since I was going down about a size a month. I begged and borrowed clothes from everyone and lived in gym clothes most of the time.

Once I hit a “medium” in tops and a 10 in pants, I figured that I would never in a million years get any smaller (my smallest size before then had been size 14 pants, in high school). So I bought a few good things. And I was wrong — I blew through those sizes too! Once I hit the 4’s, I figured there really wasn’t too much lower that I could go, so I went a little crazy with the shopping.

The weird thing is that I started off buying the same clothes that I had worn when I was fat, but in smaller sizes. For instance, I always dressed for camouflage — T-shirt or big open shirt to hide the butt (but believe me, it couldn’t really be hidden ) But then it hit me that I could wear all the styles that I had never been able to before — shirts tucked in, fitted tops, pants with prints on them (instead of black — I think I had ten pairs of black pants — black is slimming, don’t you know?! )

Like Ilene said, be sure to save one outfit for your goal picture. You’ll be posting that soon enough.

Meg
Old 09-15-2003, 10:23 PM   #19  

AArrgghh! Meg, you just had to mention those photos again! Well, they have been taken but like Audrey in the other thread, I am disappointed on how much I haven't improved, IMO.

I'm going to have to dig to find something, anything of moi before this loss that demonstrates I have come a way. I am definitely one of those people who looks better WITH their clothes on.

Like your big pink t-shirt, I too have many in every color you can imagine, for the same reason, to cover ol' Bertha. I'm going to have to make a choice of which one to keep for the goal photos, and which pair of pants or shorts. I wouldn't wear shorts in public, only on the boat, and would change into capris or something else when returning to harbor. I bought a little pink tank top at the marina store over Labor Day which is a Large as an incentive. Little did I realize that when I got it home it was a *Girls* Large. It's a kid's tank! Of course DH wanted to see it on, and it's a knit so it stretched enough. I laughed, he. . . well never mind. I think I'll wear it for next pics.

Looks like I will finally have room in my closet for all those shoes. LOL.

Well, let me get upstairs to my computer and start to download the photos into Paint Shop and hopefully some time tomorrow they will be up on the LWL photopage.

dip
Old 09-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #20  
Lovin' Zumba!

I was just telling someone tonight that the best way to learn to see progress in your own photos is to (gulp!) show them to someone else, and let them point out the improvements. For some reason, it seems that at first we are unable to see our own progress, yet it is *so* obvious when we look at others' photos.

Like Audrey, for example - I see incredible improvement in hers!
So, as scary as it might seem, take a chance and post them for us, and let us help you to see what you can't.

I never thought I'd show my photos to anyone, but once I did, it was quite motivating and liberating!
Cindy
Old 09-16-2003, 11:39 AM   #21  

Cindy, after you see these photos you will question how much sanity I have in posting them. Well, I am looking at the photos after 40 pounds as an incentive to keep going. I was feeling pretty cocky yesterday and then DH took the photos. I was brought down to earth rather quickly, I must say. Almost to the point I wasn't going to post them. But I had a light bulb moment, and went back to my mantra that I used when I started out on this journey back in March - "Wait til they see me next summer!"

I'm not hoping for any compliments at this point, but continued support and encouragement. If ya'll can do it, no reason why I can't. No more excuses; no more fears.

dip
Old 09-16-2003, 12:26 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Dip -- I love your attitude... going to check the pics out pronto!! BRB
Old 09-16-2003, 12:27 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Can't find them!!
Old 09-16-2003, 04:58 PM   #24  

I didn't realize that membership had to be approved. I was busy busy today and just got a chance to check my e-mail, and I'm in. So if the phone will stop ringing, I will attempt to get them up.

dip

Pics are up! Beware - adult content.

Last edited by diphthong; 09-16-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

Dip!! Your pictures are awesome! I can tell the difference in your older pics just by the face... well except for the really, really young pic... But wow you really were a cutie! Your puppies are too cute for words too, and that pilot, ouch!! HOT! Keep posting...
Old 09-16-2003, 10:19 PM   #26  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Stick with us Dip and you will be wearing a bikini by next year.

JC
Old 09-17-2003, 08:25 AM   #27  
Brand New Mrs 11/1/03

Dip, those pics are great!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:33 AM   #28  

My friends, you have no idea what it took for me to post ANY pics of me. For the last 28 years, I have allowed very few to be taken.
Posting the NOW pics was agonizing. I put them up and deleted them at least 4 times. But they are up there in full public view and I am accountable to myself to make the next pics show improvement!

Bikini? LOL. Not this old gal. I will be beyond happy with shorts and a tank top. I got the skin thing going, and because it's old, it looks wrinkley like elephant skin. Even though someday plastic surgery might be an option, right now I believe I would have my nose done first. Always wanted a nose job.

Thanks for all your encouragement! I eats it up!

dip
Old 09-19-2003, 12:01 AM   #29  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Dip

it's agonizing for most of us buddy.

JC
Closed Thread