Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #1  
Real Life Fitness Coach

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Default Should I cut or bulk?

I'm really new to this whole wanting to get abs/muscle definition experience and I'm not sure if I need to lean out just a little bit more or build more muscle. I've been weight training for a year and a half now and I think I've built quite a bit of muscle but it's not showing very well yet. I'm 5'6" 136 lbs. here's a pic-

I was thinking of trying to go down to 125-128 and see what that looks like. Anyways, any advice is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.9 KB, 47 views)
RedRose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

I think you look very very good;-) Great job!! I think if you show more muscles, you will look even better!;-) so maybe you need just to lose few more kilos to show your good muscles;-) Good luck! and,one more time, you look great;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #3  
Real Life Fitness Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerjv View Post
I think you look very very good;-) Great job!! I think if you show more muscles, you will look even better!;-) so maybe you need just to lose few more kilos to show your good muscles;-) Good luck! and,one more time, you look great;-)
Thanks! Sometimes it just helps to have reassurance from others.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerjv View Post

Agree, abs are mostly about being lean enough to show those muscles so i'd say cut
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #5  
Real Life Fitness Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
Agree, abs are mostly about being lean enough to show those muscles so i'd say cut
Cut it is then! Thanks for replying.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I just eat clean all the time and try not to bulk or cut. You can do both sort of at the same time if you find your sweet spot. At least I think so.

My secret is to eat a lot of fish and salad and dried fruits and oats. So essentially I take a cutting diet but eat more of it than I strictly would on a cut, especially the protein (fish).

That way I build muscle and lean out at the same time, at least according to the mirror and the scale (my weight maintains so I assume there is some muscle gain and fat loss going on at the same time). And I don't get hungry. But it is slow going. I do lift heavy 4-5 times a week. And do cardio (run/boxing) 8-9 times a week. Separate sessions.

Last edited by IanG; 02-03-2015 at 08:21 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:32 AM   #7  

A bulk could be a smart option if your objective is to increase muscle and strength and you aren't worried about acquiring any fat in the process. A cut, on the other hand, would be more appropriate if your objectives are to decrease fat while keeping muscle. A certified nutritionist can provide you with tailored advice.
timmothysmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote